Episode 5: The Park

Sweetheart

"Sorry? Are you okay Sangdo?" You ask after hearing him murmuring.

"Yeah sorry, it's nothing really. I think I should get going. See you tomorrow, okay?" He smiled vaguely, turned around and left.

"That's weird. I hope he's okay..." You said to yourself.

You end the night and go straight home. You've been so tired lately that you haven't been able to continue your story since you started the night shifts. You go to your computer and open the file where your story is saved. The last thing you wrote was what Sangdo gave you and you haven't been able to develop it properly. *sigh* "I guess I have to ask Sangdo for some help with this part since he was the one who came up with it" you grab your phone and text Sangdo.

"Hey, I'm sorry for texting you so late. I'm just worried about you. Are you feeling okay?" You hesitate to press the send button but do it anyways.

...

"Hey! I'm sorry for worrying you. I'm okay. Sorry for leaving so suddenly. Yooncheol texted me to go help him with something, so I had to go."

...

"Oh, I'm glad you're okay. So I was wondering, can we meet up tomorrow on my break? I need your help with the story."

...

"Sure! I'll be there"

...

"Thank you ^^ Good night, Sangdo!"

...

"Good night y/n ^-^ "

You set your phone down and went to sleep.


☆Sangdo☆
A dialogue with Nakta.
Sangdo told everything to his best friend Nakta, seeking for advice. This happens after you sent your last text.

N- "Who was it? Was it her?"

S- "Yes... she wants to meet up tomorrow on her break to help her with something."

N- "hyung, tomorrow night we have a a meeting scheduled. Did you forget?"

S- "Oh right! I can't believe I forgot about that. I'll text her in the morning... and about her... what should I do Yooncheol?"

N- "Don't ask me for advice on that topic, I'm not as experienced as you may think. You should go to your plan about the counting thing"

S- "but what if I hit number ten and eventually decide to confess but she doesn't accept my feelings? I don't think I can handle such thing"

N- "Well, you can risk falling in love and getting rejected, or you can risk it and she accepts your feelings... also you can just give up now and let her date a friend of yours"

S- "yaahh! don't say that"

N- "haha I'm kidding hyung, but seriously, I think you should go for it. You got nothing to lose if you try. And if she breaks your heart, I'm here for you. Okay?"

S- *sigh* "okay, thanks bro. I'll go to sleep now. Don't stay up too late"

N- "Yeah yeah. Good night"

☆Back to you☆

You wake up and grab your phone and see a text from Sangdo.

"Good morning y/n. Hope you slept well. I'm sorry if I woke you up, but I was wondering if you wanted to meet up for a bit at noon. I have a meeting tonight and I can't go see you" Sent at 8:47am

You got up quickly and looked at the clock. It's almost 11am and Sangdo is probably still waiting for your reply.

"I'm so sorry! I just woke up and saw your text. We can meet up. Tell me where and I'll meet you there as soon as possible"

He sends you the directions and you dressed up quickly and took the bus there. When you get down the bus, Sangdo is already waiting for you. You look at him and showed him a big smile, waved and walked towards him.

 "Hey! Sorry I'm late, I hope I didn't keep you waiting for long" you apologized

"Nah don't worry. I haven't waited that long. Did you eat?" He asks

"Umm.. no, I skipped breakfast because I was in a hurry" you say looking down a little embarrassed. He puts his hand on his coat's pocket and takes out a protein bar

"I figured you were going to skip breakfast, so I bought this at the market before you arrived. I'm sorry it's not much" he grabs your hand to hand you the bar but as soon as he touched it, he lets go.

"What's wrong?" You asked a little surprised about that reaction.

"Oh nothing I'm sorry. My hands are cold so I shouldn't touch you" he said smiling a little embarrassed.

"Oh don't worry about that. Thank you for the protein bar, this will do for now" you smile at him and start eating it.

☆Sangdo's thoughts☆

Wow.. that was a close number one. I can't start counting so soon. I can't be this weak! Come on! If I start like this, by the end of the day, I'll be hitting number ten. Just...Look at her... she looks so cute today... *smiles*

☆back to you☆

You finish eating the bar and look at Sangdo and find him looking at you smiling. You froze for a second and looked away. His smile is one of your weaknesses and you can't be blushing everytime he smiles.

"SO! Shall we go?" You say letting out a sigh of confidence.

"Ah yes, I know this quiet place where we can sit down and work in peace" Sangdo suggests as you both start walking.

You walk towards a very beautiful park with benches under the trees.

"This looks a little familiar" you say

"Really? Well this is where we're gonna work. Do you like it?" Sangdo says as he starts walking towards a bench under a tree. You froze for a minute

"wait... my dream. It was here in this park... with... HIM!" You think to yourself and release a gasp of surprise.

"What happened? You don't like it? We can go somewhere else if you want to" he said worried

"No no it's okay, its very pretty" you say as you sit on the bench and take your laptop out.

"I'm glad you like it! Have you been here before? You said it looked familiar but you looked scared about it. Did you come here with someone.. special.. or something?"

"Oh, No, I had a dream once about this place..." you shut up instantly and hope for him not to ask you what was the dream about.

"Haha Really? What was it about?" He looks at you smiling waiting for a cute story

"Oh it was nothing really, I barely remember it" you obviously lied. Now more than ever, that dream is vivid in your head.

"Hmmm It's okay. Shall we start?" You both start talking and planning. He clears your questions and finally you get inspired again with so many ideas in your head.

It's been an hour and you start to get hungry "I think we should grab something to eat before we go right?" You suggest

"Oh of course. I'm pretty hungry too. Wait here, I know what to get. Don't go anywhere" he says and starts walking really fast then runs to a little food truck at the park. You keep looking at him from a far and then after a few minutes, you see him coming back with a box on his hands.

"Here, I hope you like pizza as much as I do" he opens the pizza box. Your eyes shined so bright at the sight of that deliciously looking pizza.

"Yes I love pizza!" You say happily.

"Okay then let's eat!" You both sit on the grass infront of the bench, take your slices out of the box and start eating. Suddenly you see that Sangdo has some sauce on the side of his mouth and a little on the cheek, and you start laughing.

"What?" He said with his mouth full looking confused. "Do I have something on my face" he attempts to clean it with a napkin but he misses a spot. You keep laughing a little because he looks cute with sauce on his face and acting so confused and embarrassed about it.

"Here let me do it" you grab a clean napkin and moved to his side.

"No, No it's ok I'll--" he stopped talking as soon as you put that napkin on his face tapping it softly. He's shook by your sudden act but he keeps having eye contact with you without saying a word. You finish cleaning his cheek and then you look at him. You noticed that he was looking at you in the eyes, so you stayed there too. It's quiet, you can only hear the wind and the birds chirping. Your eyes got engaged in his and you couldn't look away no matter how hard you tried. It was like falling into a dark pit with no escape, but it's okay because you feel safe. Sangdo's eyes... they're a prison for you... a prison you don't want to escape from.

☆Sangdo's thoughts☆
Oh no.. what does she mean she's gonna do it? She's coming towards me...
"Wait no No, I'll--" ... oh... my heart... It's beating too fast. Calm down! Maybe it's not cause of her touch... Maybe it's because of the impression. Yes, it was a sudden move so maybe that's why my heart is beating this fast. It'll go away if I just wait a bit... breathe, breathe... Is it working?...

Oh now she's looking at me... she must think I'm weird.... but, her eyes, I can't take my eyes away from them. It's like they're drawing me in by the second. My heart is beating faster than before. Why is this happening. I... its too soon. What is this... I thing I gotta face the fact that I'm actually falling for her. Yes, I admit it... I am falling for y/n... I'm starting to blush.. look away Sangdo look away now!

☆back to you☆

Sangdo backs away a little, clears his throat and looks away snapping you back to reality. "What just happen?  Did I creep him out?" You think to yourself. You throw yourself back to face the sky and let out a deep sigh "the sky is so beautiful" you say breaking off the awkward silence. Sangdo sees you and throws himself back like you did. He puts his arm at the back of his head using it as a pillow. You hear him take a deep breath...

"...one"