Episode 1: A Pleasant Surprise

Sweetheart

Today is friday February 18th. It's been exactly one year since I moved to Korea chasing after a dream that might never come true. I've worked so hard to learn the language and have succeeded, the only thing I haven't succeeded at is my love life. It's been the same ever since I left my country. I always have such bad luck! So I just gave up and started focusing on my dream career. I'm a writer, I love to make up stories in my head and write them down for a potential movie or Drama. That's the dream that I'm chasing in Korea since kdramas are a huge thing and people around the world are obsessed with them. Including me. I also love acting but come on, Its nearly impossible to be a successful actress here in Korea so I'll just stick to writing...
*beep beep* you have a message from Rina, your co-worker who is also your friend.
-" y/n Its 9:30am where the hell  are you?"

-You: "! I overlsept again!" Typing: "I'll be there in a few. I overslept again I'm sorry please cover me til I get there"
You rush into the bathroom, brush your teeth super fast, ran to your room, changed your clothes and barely fixed your hair. You skipped breakfast. You can eat something at the Cafe you work at. Rushed out and took the bus and arrived exactly at 10:00 o'clock.

Rina: "You gotta start focusing on what's important right now y/n. I know you want to finish your story but you have to take care of your job so you don't get fired for the 3rd time"

You: "I know and I'm sorry. I promise I'll  buy you some food for covering my shift"
 
Rina: "I have a better idea, let's go to Topp Dogg's fan meeting next week"

"There's a fan meeting next week?!?!" You said enthusiastically. Topp Dogg is you favorite group and you have been dying to meet them in person.

"Yes... how can you not know that? You're a bigger Topp Dogg fan than I am. Heck, you introduced them to me and you didn't know they were promoting again?"

"Well I've been busy with my story and..."

"And what?... y/n... are you okay?"

You stood there speechless pointing your finger out the glass door signaling your friend to look outside... "oh my God... It's...it's... It's him!!! Is It?!? Is that really Sangdo!!! OMG!" Rina yelled surprised.

Sangdo is your ultimate bias, your phone is filled with Sangdo pictures and gifs. You slept every night listening to the song Sweetheart cause his voice makes you feel happy and is a total stress reliever after a long, hard day.

"OMG he's coming in!!!..... y/n.... where did you go?? y/n-..." You pull Rina behind the counter "shhhh don't call me, I'm not here. Please take his order for me!" You said nervously.

"Why?!?! He's your ultimate bias you love that man and you always say that you want to meet him! Why are you acting like this when he's right here?" Rina said trying to pull you up.

"Just look at me! I barely had time to fix myself this morning. My hair is a mess. I'm not wearing any makeup and look at my clothes!! I can't meet him looking like this!!!"

"Meet who?"

"....."

You both look up and there was Sangdo, leaning in front of the counter looking at you two, waiting to be attended. You and your friend were sitting on the floor with a shocked face and Rina instantly stands up, pulled you up off the floor and whispered to you "I'll leave this to you, y/n" and walked towards Sangdo

"I apologize. My friend here is a huge fan of yours. Topp Dogg is the best! Say hi to Xero from me. Byee. Fighting!" Rina said with a hyper voice and a creepy smile, then she quickly left without letting Sangdo respond.

You quickly started fixing your hair a bit before you took Sangdo's order and took a deep breath trying to act cool and normal.

"Umm that was weird" he laughed while he turned around to face you. That beautiful smile made your heart flutter. His smile is even more beautiful in  person than in any of the hundreds of pictures you have on your phone.

"Uh haha yeah she is a little off, don't mind her" you said smiling nervously.

"So, you are a fan of mine?" He said looking at you with his smiling eyes.

"Y-yes *ahem* Yeah I'm a big fan of yours... and Topp Dogg in general" you said nervously.

"Ohh That's great! Thank you for your support, keep it up" he said excitedly 

You couldn't help to stare at him with hearts in your eyes. He was acting so sweet and adorable with his cute smile and everything. Your fan girl thermometer was about to explode. You snapped out of it, nodded and smiled back at him."So, can I take your order, Sangdo-ssi?"
You prepare his order and hand him the food he asked for.

"Here is your order, thank you! And come back soon" you said politely and smiling as you usually do to your costumers.

"Thank you for being so kind... y/n ??... that's how you pronounce it?" He said while looking at your name tag.

"Yes, you said it correctly"

"Wow, That's a pretty name, I like it a lot. Y../..n... thank you and see you soon!" He smiled, waved goodbye, turned around to leave.

Your legs started shaking now that he's gone. You dropped to the floor with a huge smile on your face. You just met Sangdo, your ultimate bias, and he likes your name. That's all you have in your mind right now.

You worked all day and your shift is now over. You head home, take a shower and try to continue your story but your head is filled with images of Sangdo. Flashbacks of him smiling and saying your name, you can't help but smile just thinking about it. *sigh*

"I want to see him again..." you lay down on your bed with a big smile on your face. 

It's morning and you wake up early so you can get ready without a hurry. You put on some makeup, fixed your hair properly and put on a nice top. You usually don't care about the clothes you wear cause your apron covers most of it anyways, but since what happened yesterday, you just wanna make sure you look good just in case something like that happens again. You head to work and Rina is there finishing her shift.

"Y/N-ah!!! Tell me everything with detail! Did you manage to talk to him?" She started asking enthusiastically. You tell her everything and she starts to ship you with him playfully. You just laugh and make fun of her foolish attitude yesyerday and mock her for telling Sangdo to say hi to Xero.

The day goes by and you knew it was probable that Sangdo wouldn't come back, what are the chances of him coming back to that small Cafe. But still, you had hope. Your shift is over, you grab your things and head out. As you open the door to leave, someone opens the other door and enters. You look back into the Cafe to see who it was but it was just a regular costumer. You turn around and bump into someone and you drop your bag scattering some of your belongings on the floor.

"I'm so sorry" you said to the person you bumped into and instantly get down to pick up your things.

"It's okay... wait, y/n? Is it?" The person said while he also croutched to help you pick up your stuff.

You look up and there he was. The man you've been wishing to see since the day started.

"Oh Sangdo-ssi! ...You remember my name!" you said surprised.

"Yeah, I told you I liked it didn't I?" he said smiling at you. "Is your shift over?" He asked

"Yeah I just finished"

"Oh okay, I came back for more coffee, yesterday's was delicious! The food was also very good. I think I'll recomend this place to my brothers"

"That would be great! I'm happy to hear that you were satisfied" you said smiling gratefully. You both get up the floor and there's a slight awkward silence and you couldn't bare to make eyecontact with him. You look away keeping yourself from blushing infront of him embarrassingly.

"Well I have to head home now before it gets too dark. Thank yoi for helping me. Enjoy your coffee!"

"Oh, no problem, see you around, okay? And be careful so don't bump into other people" he said jokingly. You chuckled and said goodbye. He smiled, waved back and entered the shop.

You hop into the bus and get home inspired to continue your story. Somehow, seing Sangdo for two days in a row has given you lots of inspiration and encouragement. You got deeply immersed and ended up going to sleep at 3:26am.

The next day:

You're at work and you're having one of those days when everything goes wrong. You start to feel frustrated because you keep messing up the orders and have to re-do them and if your boss catches you, you're fired. One mistake It's fine, maybe two, but three or four its enough. Your lack of sleep is messing you up today and also, you haven't been eating properly these days because you're always busy and end up waking up late so you have no choice but to skip breakfast. You sit down for a second and bury your head between your arms and sigh deeply.

"Today has been quite a busy day huh?"

You lift your head to see who has spoken to you and see Sangdo sitting on one of the chairs in front of the counter. Finally, something good happened today.