Episode 6: Birthday

Sweetheart

One..? What does that mean? What is he counting?" You think to yourself while you're walking home. Sangdo wanted to make you company so he is walking beside you, but he's been quiet ever since you left the park.

"Thank you for walking me home. You didn't have to" you say a little embarrassed.

"It's okay, I wanted to be with you a for little longer. Plus, I get to see where you live" Sangdo says with a geeky smile. You blush a little and smiled back.

"Why would you want to know where I live though? So you can steal my things when I'm not home?" You said jokingly

He laughed then paused for a second "... so when I don't know where you are, I can know where to look for you..." He he said with the sweetest voice taking a glance at your face.

Your heart starts pounding and you stopped walking to pretended to look for something on your bag so you could stop yourself from blushing infront of him.

"Did you lose something?" He said a little concerned seeing you struggling with your bag.

"No no, got it! It's my keys. I thought I lost them" you said as you grab the first thing that you see in your bag.

"Oh good!"

"Umm... So, I've been curious, what were you counting earlier?" You ask.

He smiled and looked up to the sky "Oh I said it out loud? I'm sorry, it's nothing really. You'll know eventually I guess, but please don't worry about it" he said with the cutest smile on his face. You look at him a little confused but can't help to smile because of his cute expressions.

A few minutes later, you arrive at the building. "Here it is. I live in the 4th floor, apt 408 just in case you need to steal my things with no problems." You said joking around

"Ah perfect,  Thank you Miss, I promise not to make a mess afterwards" Sangdo said following up your joke.

"Thanks again for helping me and for walking me here Sangdo. I enjoyed your company today. It was really fun. I hope we can do that again sometime" you say as you look at him with a bright smile.

"Yes we should, I had fun today. Thank you" He looks at you and smiles at you.

"You know, you have such a beautiful smile. I'm sorry if it's weird that I say it but its a very beautiful smile" you say as you wonder where you get the nerves to actually say that. You just felt like you needed to tell him that.

"Oh really?" He starts smiling and covers his mouth with his hand "Thanks for the compliment. Your smile is very cute too" he said complimenting you back.

You blush and covered your face with your hands. "Ah noo I don't! But thank y--" you get interrupted by him taking your hands off your face gently. "Don't say that. You should show off that smile often you know?" He said kindly and softly.

Your face turns red and you cover your cheeks with your hands "I'm sorry, I don't know what's wrong with me today. Thank you for everything" you smile, bow and turn around to enter the building.

As you open the door, you look back at him and wave goodbye. He waved back and smiles.

Sangdo stays outside for a minute after you entered. He looks up to the building counting the floors and stops at number 4. "Your blushing face and your adorable smile... those are number two" he  sighs, turns around and leaves.

~

A couple of days have gone by and is Sangdo's birthday tomorrow. You still haven't figured out what to buy him and you keep seeking for clues of what he likes in the past few days.

"The thing he really likes to do is take pictures, so maybe I should buy him a camera? But, what camera? I don't have money for a professional camera. Maybe a polaroid can do...?" Your mind is set to get him a polaroid of his own.

Up until now, the last number he counted outloud was five. You're still very curious of why is he counting, but you try not to pay much attention sinse he told you not to worry about it.

You're supposed to meet each other today at the Cafe, you're back on your regular work hours so you can get off early and go buy his gift.

*bzz bzz* you received a text. You look at your phone and it's from Sangdo.

"Hey! I'm sorry, I can't meet you today. I'm at the studio with Yooncheol and we're gonna be recording for a while today. See you tomorrow?"

...

"Oh, it's okay. See you tomorrow! Can we plan something for your birthday? I have the day off"

...

"Oh right, my birthday... It's not that special so don't worry too much about it. But If if you want, we can go watch a movie"

...

"Yes let's do that ^^ I'll send you the movie schedule and pick one to watch. Btw, your birthday is so very special! Don't say that it's not :P"

...

"Haha Okay, I won't. See you tomorrow ^^"

You put your phone down and continue working. Your shift is over and you quickly head out to buy the gift for Sangdo. You get back home with a brand new polaroid wrapped, and also, a new outfit for you to wear tomorrow for your first night out with Sangdo. You send him a text with the movie schedules and you both decide that you're gonna meet up at the movie theater at 6pm (the movie starts at 6:45pm)

"Okay, everything is set! I'm so excited. I hope he likes my gift" you say to yourself as you get ready for bed.

It's morning and you wake up early to work on your story which is almost finished and you couldn't be happier. You grab your laptop and get immersed into the it. The hours fly by and it's already 4pm so you start getting ready. You put on your new outfit, fix your hair, put on some makeup and wear your favorite perfume. You want to give the best impression to Sangdo on his birthday. It's 5:30pm and you head out.

You text Sangdo on your way to the bus stop:
"Hi~ I'm on my way to the movie theater. See you There ^^"        -5:31pm

You get in the bus and check your phone but there's no reply yet.

You finally arrive at the movie theater and check your phone once more. "Hmm, that's strange... he hasn't replied. Maybe he got stuck at the studio for a bit longer. I'll just stay outside waiting"

It's 6:30pm already. You've kept your phone on your hand all this time waiting for a reply...

*sees phone*

"Hey, I'm already here. Let me know when you're coming :)" 5:50pm

"Are you still in the studio working?" 6:14pm

"Sangdo...?" 6:31pm

No reply... You sigh anxiously and start pacing with your phone in one hand and with the gift in a bag on the other hand. "Why isn't he responding? I hope he's okay..." you decide to call him to see if his phone is on. It rings and it rings and it rings but he doesn't pick up. You sit down on a bench near the movie theater, look at the time and it's 6:47pm the movie is starting... and there's no sign of Sangdo anywhere. You keep calling and texting him but at this point you're just getting mad.

☆Sangdo☆
He's been all day on the studio recording a new song he's doing with Nakta. Time has gone by and Sangdo forgot about his plans with you while he was immersed working on the studio.

N: "Okay hyung that's okay for now. Let's go get something to eat."

S: "Sure, let me grab my stuff. Where should we go?" He grabs his phone without looking at it and puts it in his pocket.

N: "wait, stay here, let me check if the food is ready and I'll let you know when to get out... don't peek okay?" Nakta gets out of the studio and goes to the lobby where the rest of the members are waiting for him with a surprise birthday cake for the birthday boy.

S: "What is Yooncheol up to now...?" He get close to the door and attempts to open it, but Nakta comes back quickly 

N: "I told you not to peek! Come on, close your eyes, grab my hand"

S: "where are you taking me?"

N: "shushh don't speak, open your eyes in 3....2....1..."

TD: "SURPRISEEEE!" The boys start singing Happy Birthday to Sangdo while he's impressed and laughing because of the members' silly acts. They all clap, Sangdo blows the candles and they all start clapping and screaming. 

S: "ahh you didn't have to do this guys, its just my birthday, its nothing too special"

Hansol: "of course it is hyung, don't say that"

S: "haha yeah I've been told-- wait... what time is it?" he says with a panicked expression on his face and taking out his phone desperately out of his pocket. He sees all your messages and your missed calls. "!! guys I'm so sorry, but I have to go! I messed up pretty bad right now"

P-goon: "huh? Wait, what about your cake?... can we eat it?"

S: "Yes, thanks for this guys, I'm really sorry but I have to go now"
 

Sangdo leaves and rushes to the movie theater.
Txt: "I'm so sorry y/n I'm an idiot, I forgot our plans. Please wait a little longer"

☆back to you☆

It's 7:33pm and you're still sitting in the same place, and to add the cherry on top of the situation, your phone just ran out of battery. "I can't believe this is happening..." You sigh in frustration, pick up the bag with the present and get up. "He's not coming. I'm going home..." You're mad, frustrated, concerned, everything at the same time. You get to your apartment, throw the present in the table and throw yourself on the couch.

*20 minutes later*

You hear someone knocking at the door. You refuse to get up and ignored whoever was bothering you at this time.The knocks are persistent and increasing. You get up annoyed and open the door.

"What! what! wh--" the first thing you see when you open the door is Sangdo with a worried expression on his face...

"Y/N I am so so so sorry! I didn't mean to keep you waiting for so long. I forgot about our plans. I texted you but you didn't reply so I went inside the theater, but I couldn't find you... I tried to call you but your phone is off so I had to come here. I'm really sorry y/n..."

You're shocked by the fact that he showed up at your door, you're still mad about the fact that he forgot your plans. Were they that insignificant that he forgot about it? You stayed quiet for a moment...
"I don't know what to say... I know you're a busy man, so I guess I shouldn't have pressured you to do something like this when you have a schedule"

"No, don't say that. I forgot because I'm an idiot. Who forgets his own birthday anyways? Let me compensate you, please"

"Why would you do that?"

"Because you dressed up this nicely for my birthday today and I don't want to miss out. We don't have to watch a movie if you don't want to. We can go anywhere else. I just want to spend time with you... What do you say, y/n?" He lets go a tiny smile to convince you.

"... okay, but on one condition, I choose where we go"

"Yes of course! It's your choice!" He smiles with relief

"Okay let me go get my stuff. Wait here" you go inside to look for your bag and the birthday present.

*Sangdo's thoughts*
"I almost screwed this up. I'm so stupid. She looks amazing... I can't let this go to waste. She even looks cute when she's mad. Is that even possible? I dare to say thats number si--"

"Ready?" You say while you came out of the apartment, retouched your makeup a little and put on more perfume. Sangdo stays quiet, takes a deep breath and smiles.

"Seven"