Picture Perfect

Out of my League
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I walked around the chattering crowd, my camera in my grasp as usual. There were smiling faces everywhere, soft music playing in the background, decorations placed in every corner you'll see, and the main protagonists of the event were happily dancing with each other in the middle of the crowd.

I smiled at the two of them as I raised my camera and adjusted the lens before a quiet click resounded. I looked at the picture and saw that I indeed captured it great. Dozens of people surrounded the cheerful couple as they both stared at each other lovingly. The taller had his arms wrapped around the latter and held him closer in such a possessive stance. I could see for myself that they would be with each other for a long run, and I really hope that they would be.

I didn't sacrifice my happiness for nothing.

I didn't let go of Jimin for nothing at all.

I looked back at the couple and saw those familiar glint in his eyes. He surely looked happier than he ever was with me. He held onto his husband as the other twirled him around. His laugh echoed throughout the room and his smile were as bright as the sun. And as I stared at him, I knew he was still as beautiful as he'll ever will be. Much more gorgeous now that he's happy and contented.

With a soft sigh, I raise my camera and focused it onto the joyful groom. I wanted to take one last picture of him before I left, it may hurt me as it usually does but I've gotten used to the pain. I've gotten used to everything since the day I confessed. I was so used to everything that I couldn't even bother trying to find another.

Yes, my heart still beated for only one person but I knew that his heart beated for another.

As I took the shot, on the last minute he looked at my direction. My camera capturing the right moment as his expression changed from happiness into something of sympathy. I quietly laughed at myself before slowly taking the camera down and looking right back at him. I smiled, hoping that the worried expression he had would be gone once I assured him that I was fine.

I did lie to him that I already had someone. That's why I was invited here in the first place.

He then smiled something of relief that I was doing fine before he averted his gaze back to his lover and continued on. I couldn't help but wish that I was the one whom he was happily smiling at and holding so close. But of course, that would never be me.

I remember the time I confessed to him. How stupid I was to believe Taehyung's words that Jimin actually loved me back. Because that night, it changed everything between us and everything was just simply gone.

 

 

"What?" I blurted out as I stared at him in confusion

"I'm really sorry Jungkook.." he repeated as tears slowly ran down his cheeks

"I.. I don't understand.." I retorted as I step towards him on for him to step back, away from where I am. I reached out to touch him but his averted is gaze and I dropped my reach hand back down onto my side. I didn't know what was going on, all that was running in my head was that I knew that he liked me based on what Taehyung had said. About the expression he had back then, about the challenges, about everything.

"I don't love you that way Jungkook.. Atleast, not anymore.." he explained as his hand reached out for his own arm and rubbed himself as the cold night brushed against us.

"Not anymore? Why?" I asked, still not able to believe what was happening right now. That I was actually being rejected when I had half expected for him to return my feelings.

"We.. I..." he started off, trying to find the words he could use to explain everything to me. He went silent for sometime, the thick echo of my beating heartbeat was all I could hear before he looked back at me, remorse present in his eyes.

Why are you looking at me like that?

Please, stop looking at me like that..

"I did love you Jungkook, I really did. Before we got so close, before everything between us happened, even before Guk got into our lives. The day I met you, you seemed someone like out of a fairytail for me. You're talented, smart, a gentleman, ki

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter