Picture #3

Out of my League
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I stared at the blank white wall of my home, tapping my finger against the hard wood table while my chin rested on the palm of my other hand. I could hear the loud ticking of my wristwatch, mocking me with the silence that surrounded my humble abode. I've been like this for the past hour, different thoughts running in my mind.

Then a loud bark shattered the silence.

"Shh.." I gestured to Guk who only tilted his head as he sat on the floor right beside my feet. His tail wagging back and forth in his excitement on something that I don't really know. Sometimes I question on what Jimin saw in this pup that reminded him of me. This ball of fluff is too energetic to even be compared to me.

With another loud bark, he stood up and started running around the kitchen. Going under the table, through the chairs, bumping against the counter, and dragging the floor mat whenever he went.

Yeah, too energetic to be me..

I shook my head at the sight before standing up to take the floor mat from him and placing it back to where it actually belonged. I walked towards the kitchen cabinets where I kept the dog food for little Guk and was about to feed him when the doorbell rang. Guk immediately ran towards the front door, continuously barking at different pitches while scratching onto the wooden door eager to meet the person behind it.

I smiled at the sight when I followed after him to end his suffering. Taking the handle, I unlocked and opened the door, revealing Guk's smiling owner.

"Hey.." I greeted

He nodded towards me with a smile then crouched down to greet the small pup that had been wanting to see him since last night where he had dropped him off here.

"Thanks for taking care of Guk for me.." I heard him say

With a smile, I opened the door wider to let him in. He stood up with Guk in his arms and walked inside my home, going straight towards the sofa and plopping down onto it. I guess he had really gotten used to staying here since he had been visiting me countless of times, dropping the pup off since he had a graveyard shift and then fetching him early in the morning. If I was lucky, he would doze off the couch which ends up with him staying here for the day until he had his shift once again.

At first, I really wasn't used to the fact that I would be taking care of Guk most of the time. Since I was a photographer, it was kind of convenient for Guk to stay with me as I mostly work outside. It was just like walking a dog around, less the taking pictures part. And besides, Guk stays with me in the evening which I barely went out since it would be the times where I was enhancing the photos I took or just simply searching through them.

Maybe it isn't really bad to take care of Guk..

"So.. How was work?" I asked, glancing at my wrist watch which displayed that it wa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter