xx 8 xx

This isn't It.

Chapter 8

 

Anna was having a hard time pretending to sleep when she was anxious enough that Kihyun was going to the States with them. She was grumbling angrily to herself as to why Kihyun chose her show instead of someone else. 

 

A voice said in her head, If the show was in America I’d go to that show too.

 

She felt the bus stop. She knew it wasn’t at the airport yet so it was obvious that the stop was at his house now. She wanted to peep through but then she had to stay still so he wouldn’t try to mingle with her. 

 

It was going to be a long week. She always hated it when Big bosses come watch her do her work. Imagine if that Big Boss is her ex-boyfriend. Gosh, she had to behave or even try her best to ignore him.

 

She heard footsteps coming towards her. She chanted in her mind, Stay as far away, as far away...

 

Then, she felt a noise behind her as if someone sat down rather heavily. A few seconds later she heard a whisper behind her, “You can stop pretending to sleep. I won’t bother you.” He smirked as well.

 

With that she opened her eyes, she wanted to curse under her breath. Of course he’d know that she doesn’t like sleeping in a moving vehicle. “Thanks.” She mumbled with a forced smile since her staff was staring at her and the boss. 

 

And with that, those are the last words he had ever said to her which was a big relief to Anna.

 

They bad arrived at the airport thirty minutes before BLACKPINK were supposed to get there. She was telling her staff to set up quickly since she had gotten the text from the girls’ manager about their location. 

 

That’s when she felt her phone ringing without stopping. The first three times she had just ignored it but this time it was already annoying her. She turns towards Jimin, “You got this right?” 

 

Jimin smiles and nods at her. “Yeah I do. give me five minutes.” She said quickly. Five minutes to kill this person through the phone.

 

She goes in the corner out of earshot to see that it was BamBam calling her. She groans in frustration. If he’s calling that means he’s going to pester her until she’d answer. 

 

“What?” She hissed at the mouthpiece. With that, she had quickly regretted answering it because all she heard was Bambam talking really fast as if he was freaking out. There are times when she wouldn’t understand Bambam.

 

She had to move the earpiece away from her and she could still hear BamBam almost screaming, “Okay, Bam-ah. Calm down, breathe. What happened? Slowly...” she said again because he started with the same speed. 

 

“Did you read the articles?”

 

“What articles?” Her heart pounded... normally when someone from GOT7 says that it would either mean that they had finally caught on that Mark has been secretly dating someone or a dating rumour had surfaced of Mark’s with another celebrity. That has happened more than once before.

 

She knows it’s not true but the pain of it where the doubt is eating at her alive wondering how these people could piece things together to make it look real when it is all a coincidence... well she can’t really explain but she certainly became a crazy girlfriend after that which had ended up with them fighting. 

 

She immediately looked at her phone to check online any news articles about GOT7. And right there first on the search list was the reason why BamBam was freaking out.

 

JYP labelmates Bambam and Mina: wrapped up in another dating rumour.

 

As Anna reads through the article which she really didn’t need to since Bambam was saying it over and over again about how another photo had surfaced that a seleca they took during Jackson’s birthday and then other evidences that the two are dating have come up. Like couple shirts, phone accessories, jewellery and shoes.

 

If Anna didn’t know any better she’d believe this too but obviously Bambam is dating Lisa of BlackPink while Mina is dating a rookie actor from JYP. 

 

“Bam, I don’t know what you want me to do with this?”

 

“Lalisa isn’t answering her phone.” He cried out.

 

She sighed not knowing what to say, “Bam, they are on the way to the airport and they are probably shooting a self-cam in their car. Of course she can’t answer.” She’s knows that the girls can utilise the self-cam really well that there would be a whole different episode with all the footage they take. “She either hasn’t seen it or she’s still busy.”

 

“Nonna, I need you to talk to her for me.”

 

“Bam...” She sighed.

 

“Chebalyo noona, I don’t know what I’m going to do anymore. She’s already sort of jealous of Mina anyway—“

 

“Why?” Anna asked. 

 

Bambam cleared his throat nervously, “Well when that photo came out with Mina?” He paused a bit. This isn’t the first time the two were wrapped up in a dating scandal since during their Never Ever comeback in 2017 there was that photo that surfaced. “Um, yeah... Mina and I almost dated way before that.”

 

And that’s when Anna totally understands what Lisa is going through. Mark tries his best not to be anywhere near Suzy ever since Anna found out that the two almost dated, she had rather been super irrationally jealous because of that. 

 

Anna sighs, “Fine...”

 

She just starts listening as Bambam tried to explain what happened and she has to remember all of this. On the corner of her eye she could see Kihyun watching her since she was far away from everyone. 

 

“Listen Bamie, can you just text this to me. I have to go.” She felt conscious that she had her staff do all the work when she’s supposed to guide then.

 

“Is Lisa there now?”

 

That’s when she saw the girls van about to pull into the curb, “Bam just text it to me. Bye.” She hung up before he’d say anything else. Then she ran towards the crew and stood behind one of her camera men.

 

“We’re rolling right?” She asked Jimin. 

 

Jimin nodded. “Everything alright?” Wondering what the phone call was about.

 

She rolls her eyes and nods, “Yeah, just a stupid phone call.” Which was true because BamBam was bugging her. She’s still trying to contemplate on how to talk to Lisa without telling that she’s Mark’s girlfriend. 

 

Then the van doors opened, the first person out was Lisa. She was still her bubbly self when she greeted the staff but Anna could tell something was wrong. Anna always read into her stars just to see if they’d do well for the shoot or to avoid that person the rest of the time and just do enough cuts in the edit room to make it look like they did things.

 

“Stay on Jennie.” She whispered at her VJ since he was focusing on Lisa. 

 

“Um, sure PD-nim.” He was confused because he was supposed to focus on Lisa since he’s Jennie and Lisa’s VJ. All her staff trusts her so he isn’t doubting her.

 

“Anyeonghasayeo.” Jennie greeted the staff and smiled at Anna. She bowed at most of the staff while the other girls did the same but then they just grabbed their things from the car.

 

“We are going onnn touur!” Jisoo sang excitedly. She pockets her phone while glaring at Lisa. 

 

Lisa leans over at Jisoo as if whispering something and her unnie just nodded.

 

Anna figured Lisa gave her cellphone to Jisoo because she could see two phones sticking out of her back pocket.

 

“Kajaaa Lisa-ah...” Rosé links her arm at Lisa and drags her inside of the airport. They were both skipping happily and excitedly.

 

Jennie and Jisoo shakes their head judging the maknae-line. “Aigoo... it’s too early to be this hyped up.” As she follows after Jisoo to walk in the airport.

 

“Okay, good.” She pats Joohyuk’s arm so he’d stop shooting. “Pack up, and check if the girl’s self-cam is full batt.”

 

He nods as he shuts off his camera. “I’m sure it’s half empty...” knowing the girls love to shoot as well.

 

Jimin walks over towards Anna with the paperworks of everyone. “We’re sitting together PD-nim.” She says excitedly. She has been looking forward for this trip for days now since she hasn’t been in America. Even if it’s for work at least it’s a trip. This is one of the things that makes their show fun. They get to go to places that the guests want to go.

 

“Well it’s a long flight, I’m not sure you’d like that.” She teased.

 

“PD....” Jimin squints at Anna and shakes her head. “I wouldn’t beg to be your assistant if i don't.” Then she walks ahead of Anna.

 

She laughs and follows after Anna. “Ya! Katchiga!”

 

 

It was an early flight so the line wasn’t long and they were checked in no time with a lot of to spare. It wasn’t allowed to shoot in the airport so everyone had tome to relax.

 

So this was when Anna had completely noticed the change in Lisa’s mood. She had tried her best to keep a straight face with the staff and fans around trying to take photos but when they were at the terminal gate. That’s when she had a total change. She wasn’t even mingling with her members who was walking around trying to get food or just playing.

 

Lisa was seated in the corner staring at her phone on her lap. 

 

Anna had gotten Bam’s text message and it has been an hour since then and she couldn’t even approach Lisa. All she needed to do was have Lisa read Bambam’s text message but it seems hard because then Lisa would wonder why Bambam has her number. 

 

Anna was also worried that Bambam would start bugging her again if Lisa would keep ignoring his calls. So she had to shut off her phone soon or else...

 

She texted Mark first, ‘Hey, I’m checked in and I’m just waiting to board. I’ll let you know when I’m in LA.’ She was used to only having text messages when Mark leaves for overseas schedules because she is either sleeping or shooting. 

 

But to her surprise Mark called her before she was going going to shut off her phone.

 

“Hey,” she answered with a smile. “Why are you awake?”

 

He clears his throat, “I was.”

 

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to wake you up.”

 

“I was waiting for your text anyway,” he replied with a grunt probably sitting up straight. “I should have just taken you to the airport... I miss you already.”

 

Anna bites her lips trying to hide that she’s rather giddy from her boyfriend’s cheesy words. “You know you can’t.” Life of dating a famous idol means that normal couple things like going out on dates or taking the other to an airport is such a big no. “Besides, I’ll be back before you know it,” a week of not being able to see each other was so normal for both of it so they wouldn’t even notice it.

 

“Still doesn’t change the fact I miss you.” He whined.

 

She chuckled lightly and looks around if someone was close by to hear her. “Well, I miss you too.” She whispered on the mouthpiece. No one really knows that she’s dating because she wanted to avoid questions.

 

“Good.” Mark said in satisfaction since its the only thing he was waiting for. 

 

“Aren’t you going back to sleep?” She asks. She knows Mark’s only day off this week is today and tomorrow then he’s back at the studio for more practices for their upcoming comeback. 

 

He stayed quiet for a while that Anna thought their call got disconnected or he really did fall asleep. He’s done that more than once when he’s too exhausted, he’d sleep while he’d be talking.

 

Another beat later, he finally says something.” Do I make you happy?”

 

Anna was flustered at the question and she almost choked on her water which she was in the middle of drinking, “Gapjagi?” (Suddenly?). 

 

He sighs, “Just answer, Anna.” He said seriously.

 

“Ofcourse you make me happy,” She said almost immediately without hesitating because being with Mark is what makes her happy. Sure there are times when she’d feel alone but when he comes home all of those goes away. She was satisfied on living with the Now, even if it’s hard. As long as they both love each other more and more everyday that’s all that matters.

 

“I love you,” he said and there was a heaviness in his tone. He seemed relieved that she answered that.

 

Anna could notice it immediately, “You alright babe?”

 

He clears his throat, “Yeah, sorry. I yawned.”

 

“Um, okay...” she’ll just wait till he opens up if something does end up bothering him. Then on the corner of her eye she could still see Lisa staring oddly into space and she had remembered why she texted Mark.

 

“Bambam and Lisa are fighting,” she said.

 

“Oh?” Mark said curiously.

 

“Mina and Bambam articles again,”

 

Mark scoffed in annoyance, “People need to find other things to do, seriously.” He seemed uninterested now since he always hates those dating articles they are all just lies yet sometimes it affects the group so much if people start believing it. It’s really sad that any friendly interaction with the opposite leads into a dating scandal. TWICE and GOT7 has knows each other over a decade yet they had to pretend the opposite.

 

“Bam-ah asked me to talk to Lisa.”

 

Mark sighed, he figured Bambam was going to do something about it this way, “Do you want me to kill Bambam?” And he was serious about this question.

 

Anna shakes her head and laughs, “Let the kid live. Besides, I know how Lisa feels.” 

 

“I am sorry about that...” sad thing about Mark’s supposedly dating scandal is that it’s all coincidence. Sure he’s sort of acquaintances with those girls but the K-nietzens had made a big deal about it which causes their major fights really.

 

“It’s part of dating you, so yeah.” She shrugs. “The thing is, how do I tell Lisa about Bambam without making it look like I’m dating another GOT7 member.” 

 

“You can tell Lisa. It’s normal for idols to secretly date so they aren’t going to tell anyone when they find out about something.” Mark was simply stating the facts. “Besides, she’ll eventually know once Bambam and Lisa would start hanging out with us. Bambam is still selfish of Lalisa.”

 

Mark had also mentioned before when they had started dating, it isn’t that he’s embarrassed of her to meet s but he knows s enough that instead he’d be spending time with Anna it would be that he would have to share her with six other kids. He isn’t ready for that yet.

 

“Maybe when I get Lalisa alone, when we get to LA or something....” she’s really in dilemma at the moment. If Lalisa won’t talk to Bambam before the plane leaves it’ll be a good 18 hours till they’d land for LA. Bambam would go crazy by then. 

 

“Do what you have to do, don’t let Bambam pressure you into doing anything.” 

 

Anna rolls her eyes, “The kid doesn’t scare me. He’s a twig.”

 

Mark laughed a loud one and says, “Mind you that kid is heavier than me now. He’s mostly all muscle. Jackson seems threatened.” Knowing Jackson is always so sensitive about having the best muscles among the boys.

 

Anna would always forget the maknae line aren’t babies anymore but have grown to be the man that they are now. The one who has an obvious change of being a man is Youngjae who used to be one of the weaklings but now he can actually go head to head with Mark.

 

“But if Bambam tries to bother you, just let me know and I’ll kick his .” Mark seems serious about it too.

 

She was looking at Lisa and pursed her lips together, “Bam-ah is probably having a hard time since Lisa is ignoring him totally,” Jennie had just grabbed Lisa’s phone which was on Lisa’s lap and placed it on her purse. Anna could make out from Jennie saying that she’ll take care if it.

 

Mark sighs, he so knows how this feels. That as much as he wants to sympathise for Bambam, the person he wants to pressure is his girlfriend, who seems confused on what to do next. “Just do what you think is best. If you want to wait till later, I’ll deal with Bam-ah.”

 

“Thank you babe,” at least she’s glad that she won’t have to worry about both now. “Just go to sleep first, you need sleep.” 

 

He grumbled something incoherently.

 

Anna just laughed, “Shipil,” she replies since she’s talked to him so many times while he’s sleeping to know he just said I love You.

 

She waited for a few more seconds and hung up.

 

She was staring at Lisa and sighs. She could tell that the girl is in such a bad mood. In the entire time she was talking to Mark she didn’t move. She was just starting at her phone then pushing a button. She was canceling a call, probably.

 

“So I’m guessing you’re trying to decide how to add her in the future shots if she’s in this type of mood,” Kihyun said randomly as he decides to sit beside Anna. He knows about the trick of making it look like a person is in the show when its clear that the person isn't in the mood for variety shows

 

Anna didn’t even glance his way and she sighed. She ignores him instead and looks at her notebook to check what the plans would be for when they land on the plane. 

 

Kihyun didn’t even bother to read Anna and continues to talk to her. He was looking at Lisa’s way. He had noticed the young idol was faking smiles and as soon as fans disappeared her members had just let her sulk in the corner. “Do you know if she has any personal trouble. She hasn’t stopped staring at her phone. Maybe it’s boy trouble... i mean do idol date—“

 

“What are you doing here, Kihyun?” She cuts him off as his voice was starting to irritate her. If she wouldn’t stop him, then he’d go on talking not caring that she doesn’t want him to.

 

He shrugs. “Well you're the only person I know.” Justifying why he’s sitting next to her.

 

“No.” She hissed. “I mean why, why are you here?” She repeats the question but when he just stared at her blankly she groans. “In MNET? There are a lot of broadcasting stations in Seoul! Why, why, why are you here?”

 

He chuckles lightly. He had counted the whys... it’s five which means he really got to her which was sort of his plan. “It was the only one that has an opening and it’s a higher position that what i’ve got in Busan.”

 

She laughs dryly. His answer sounds so simple trying to make him sound like an idiot for even be bothered like this. “Right, because that’s all that matters to you. Your career.” Wow she sounded too bitter than she had intended. It’s like she’s still not over it when she clearly is. 

 

“Well—“

 

“Don’t answer that because I don’t care.” She tried to sound harsh but her voiced betrayed her. It came out strained, making it a point that she doesn’t care. 

 

He raises an eyebrow confused on what she’s giving him. Too many emotions to read. “Sometimes, when the opportunity comes. You take it. And if a better one comes along then if it’s an amazing opportunity to get what you really want then why hesitate.” 

 

She rolled her eyes. That’s what he has, him and his ambition. Not caring who he runs over... well she’s glad she’s over that. “Well, I hope you’re really happy.”

 

“Are you?” His voice was low, unsure if he should ask.

 

She was taken aback. “What?” She hoped it wasn’t what she heard. She met his gaze when she felt him look at her meaningfully. The expression in his face was like the day he had told her he had taken the job in Busan. It brought on chills to her and for some reason it made her really guilty. 

 

Mark’s face came across her mind and she looked away immediately. She wasn’t sure what that was and she didn’t want to check herself as to what it meant.

 

He lets out a breath and nods to himself, “I’m not doing anything other than making small talk Anna,” he knows he is making her uncomfortable. “If were going to be working together then, I make it to a point that I’m friends with everyone.

 

She rolls her eyes, “You’re going to be my boss. I don’t have to like you or be friends with you. A working relationship is all we need.” 

 

He just smiles, “At least it’s a start.”

 

“A start for what?”

 

He just shrugs then he points at her phone since it was ringing. “A snake is calling...” 

 

She looks down to see Bambam calling. She got frustrated at herself for forgetting to turn off her phone. Now Bambam is calling her probably giving up calling Lisa to bother her this time. Now she was more irritated. She was about to tell Kihyun to go away but then he was already standing up to leave her with her phone call.

 

He just gave a wave and walked away without looking back.

 

She cancels the call and turns it off before he’d call again.  

 

She was staring at her phone blankly. Kihyun’s smile was ingrained in her brain. She wonders what he means by at least it’s a start. 

 

Start for what?

 

 

 

 

A/N

I know i don’t have many readers but i miss writing my got7. I MISS THE BOYS! When is the next comeback? Hehe probably not for a while lol if you want more don’t forget to comment and tell me coz now i will. Heheh fightingggg!