xx 07 xx

This isn't It.

 

Chapter Seven
Mark POV

(green - past, italics - mandarin, bold=english)

 

Mark was in a bad mood and he made sure everyone around him knew it. He was not in a friendly vibe today and he sort of felt bad for snapping at Sana a while ago when she was only put on a dare by the girls, he hoped that they'd do the dare on someone else because it was for Twice's comeback behind the scenes for Music Core.

 

Yugyeom even tried not to make small talk with him and gave him the silence that Mark needed.

 

It also doesn't help that he was exhausted to the bone and couldn't keep his eyes open. He barely slept a wink last night since Anna was sick from drinking too much and refused to leave the toilet's side. He stayed by her side until she was better enough to get up to actually lie in bed luckily for him it was an hour before he had to leave.

 

He hated the fact that he was here instead of taking care of his sick girlfriend. He couldn't help it though, this life had always been his dream but he never realized it could be this difficult keeping up with it especially if he wants to live his life too.

 

And one of the biggest reasons as to why Mark is in a bad mood has just walked in the door.

 

Jackson Wang.

 

Everyone in the room was all happy and excited to see him because he was supposed to be with a schedule but apparently that was canceled due to the pd having some emergency or something. So instead of going back to the dorm for a much needed rest he decided to cheer on s for their special stage.

 

What's worse is that Jackson followed him to the waiting room when he just wanted to avoid everyone else after he snapped at Sana.

 

So they have just been sitting there for the past ten minutes not saying anything to each other let alone acknowledge each other's presence.

 

Jackson was the best person that can easily blend well with the group, he is like a chameleon. Jackson is loud on his own but depending on who he is with then he'd be louder since he always emanates that hidden character within that person.

 

And since Mark is an introvert through and through... Jackson would only be the most quiet anyone would see him around Mark but it was a comfortable silence but right now it's obvious that the two are sharing a silent war and the first person that would talk would lose.

 

Mark has his reasons as to why he's annoyed at Jackson...

 

 

Mark was woken up from a loud crash of someone falling sound coming from the living room followed by giggles. He was about to get up because he knows that Anna had probably gone home drunk. He checks his phone to see if she called him to pick her up but he didn't even get a text or anything. He had fallen asleep when she left so he wasn't sure if she drove herself....

 

She better not have driven drunk back home....

 

"Mark! Wake up dam it!" A voice in the living room bellowing for him that was a male's made Mark scramble to his feet in a speed of light to the hallway.

 

When he opened the door, he saw Anna clinging on to Jackson by the neck and she was sprawled on the floor. The thunk on the floor was Anna falling.

 

"Baby!" Anna cried excitedly that she used Jackson to pull herself up only to help herself up but Jackson fell almost face first to the floor.

 

"Jeez! Anna!" Jackson whined.

 

But no one really cared since Anna was already on her feet and she stumbled into Mark's arms. "Careful." Mark mumbled, he was already carrying all her weight. He lifts her by the back of legs and sets her to the couch. "What happened?" He asks Jackson.

 

Jackson and Anna shared a look but then Anna giggled, "I drank."

 

Mark pursed his lips, "Yeah I can see that."

 

"She wasn't this drunk when I found her," Jackson said in annoyance. He rubbed the back of his neck since Anna pulled on it too much when he semi dragged her from his car.

 

Mark just looks at Jackson in confusion. Found her sounded like a bad thing but he'll ask later. "What did you drink, babe?"

 

Anna hums trying to think. "Whatever Hyorin and then drank."

 

"If it's tequila she'll be drunker soon." Mark ran his hands through his hair. He always makes sure to keep Anna away from tequilla since she has a very low tolerance in that hard liquor. It's normal for people to have a later effect on that drunk but with Anna it's like levels of drunk in a twenty minute span once the alcohol would finally hit her which would be followed to her crying by the toilet cursing drinking. It's going to be a long night.

 

"I think it wasn't. But i'm sleepy." She mumbles incoherently.

 

"Let's go to bed then." Mark sits next to her but she pushed him.

 

"You're spinning. Please stop it." She holds on to Mark's arm and closes her eyes, "I want to stay here."

 

Mark sighs and kissed the top of her head, "Okay."

 

Not a few moments later Anna had fallen asleep.

 

Mark could feel Jackson still staring at him. He's annoyed and his silence is making it too obvious that it is directed at him and not Anna. "Spill it, Jackson."

 

Jackson just groaned and backs off a bit when Mark looks at him. "It's none of my business really." Jackson was speaking in Mandarin which means that he is being cautious just incase Anna is listening but when she is really only sleeping and nothing can wake her up anymore.

 

Mark reaches over to grab a blanket to put it over Anna. He takes a deep breath to wait. Jackson always says what bothers him but there are times when you have to push the right buttons. With Mark, he just lets him be. "Water?"

 

Jackson shakes his head furiously and looks over at Anna. "I promised her I wouldn't tell." He was conflicted on either protecting Anna or not.

 

Mark just closed his eyes and he know what the right question would be, "How did you find Anna?"

 

This fueled Jackson's anger even more, "Did you let her go out on her own?"

 

"She's a grown woman. If she wants to go out she can."

 

"Did you even drive her to the club she was at?"

 

Mark stuttered, "Cl-club?" He didn't even know she was going to the club. All she said was the girls were going out he didn't really ask the specifics. He was too out of it to even think of driving her there. She figured when she said they were going out it would be norebang or just hanging out it never occurred to him she'd be going clubbing.

 

Jackson runs his hands through his fingers and started to pace angrily around the room. He spit out a laugh humorlessly, "You don't even know where she went! What kind of boyfriend are you?"

 

Mark clenched his fist in anger. He wasn't sure who it was directed to. Himself or Jackson for pointing out what he has been doubting for the past six months. "What? am I not supposed to let her have fun? Keep her inside the house?"

 

Jackson thinks about it but that is obviously not the point, of course Anna can go out and have fun but what happened tonight could have been avoided. She rarely goes out with her friends now that when her friends had gotten drunk they had forgotten she was there. "If Youngjae didn't see her being followed out by some ert a while ago---"

 

"What?" He was imagining the worse case scenario now. Anna being alone in the alley being. God, why did he just let her leave. When she goes out there's usually together or he's be there, he still had a bit time that he could see if she's okay or watch out for her or even if they had a schedule he's still go out to see if she's okay. But these past six months, he hasn't been able to do that.

 

Jackson just shakes his head and glances over at the knocked out Anna, "She would have handled it and break the man's jewels but I was only a second faster." He twisted his wrist since it was still painful and uncomfortable.

 

Mark just stares at Anna's sleeping form. His hand that was on her leg was actually gripping on her ankle tightly that Anna groaned in her sleep, trying to wiggle herself free. Mark lets go of her hand immediately.

 

"Jackson-ah, don't be mad." She grumbles incoherently.

 

Mark and Jackson't eyes met and their anger just rose. And this time it was obvious that it was directed at each other.

 

"She told me not to tell you." Jackson answered Mark's unspoken question. "I really don't understand you, Mark."

 

Mark is used to Jackson dropping honorifics when he'd speak a different language other than korean but right now it's fueling his fury even more.

 

Jackson just continued even though he could see that Mark shouldn't be messed with at the moment. "Sometimes I wonder if you being with Anna is for your own selfish reasons than for her."

 

Mark gets up from the couch and in one swift movement he grabs a fistful of Jackson's jacket and pulls him towards him, they were so close that their nose almost touched. "Watch it, Wang." That was it, Mark didn't want to hear anymore. He didn't want anyone butting in his business like this. He may consider Jackson as family but this was too much. There was no way he'd let Jackson talk down about his relationship this way.

 

Jackson didn't even flinch. He just holds on to Mark's wrists. "You need to think about this. Our names are slowly getting known, if we were insanely busy the past six months imagine what's going to happen after. Especially now that it's mostly you and JB-hyung that has free reigns with the recording of our album."

 

"Leave Anna out of this. I'm trying to keep my life as an idol and with her separate." He hissed at Jackson. And boy how he is trying so hard to keep everything balanced but sometimes he gets too exhausted and the easier person to neglect is Anna because he knows she understands.

 

Jackson scoffs, "Stop trying to say she understands because we both know that the only person who truly understands how hard our lives are is the people who are living it." He glances over at Anna, "Noona may say she understands but that doesn't mean you aren't hurting her every time she wakes up to an empty spot next to her or an answered call, text or even someone else rescuing her."

 

Mark grinds his teeth. He knows this all too well and he never tries to think about it because it hurts just even acknowledging that she couldn't be fully with her no matter how he tries. "That's enough Jackson...." He whispers at him darkly.

 

When he had first told the group that he had been dating it wasn't until about six months after they officially started dating. Jackson was the first one to know, he had been so supportive for them that he thought Jackson would always be on their side when it comes to stuff like this. Of course the group wasn't happy but they couldn't really do anything about it, as long as Mark is careful then yeah.

 

But seeing Jackson now, having him word out the doubts that Mark can't even say to himself or even bring up. Well, he is angry.

 

"I know you're trying to balance everything out but eventually you need to know your priorities, hyung. Our rode is a lonely one and we knew the consequences to all of that when we entered it. You were the last person I'd thought would date because you always had your head on straight knowing your goal. But now you seem--"

 

"I said enough." Mark barked at Jackson and pushed him to the wall behind Jackson. There was a loud crash that made and it was a good thing nothing broke or even Anna waking up.

 

Jackson straightens his jacket and moves away from Mark's reach. He wasn't sure if Mark might hit him, he wouldn't punch him back. He just needed to give Mark the reality if it all. He was too blinded and unfocused lately. "You know I'm right, Mark. If you really do love her, figure out if you're good for her or not. She loves you too much that just having you around is enough but is it really?"

 

Mark steps forward and points at the door. "Get out, Jackson."

 

 

It was another minute or so until Jackson had spoke, admitting that he had lost. "Anna-noona is okay now by the way."

 

Mark turns towards Jackson and his eyebrows met in confusion. "What?"

 

"Youngjae sent a text saying that she wasn't as sick anymore after he made her some hang over soup." Jackson shrugged since was a normal thing that Youngjae and Anna are hanging out alone without the other members, or even Mark.

 

"Okay..." Mark said cautiously, he wasn't sure what's happening and it feels like there's a catch.

 

"Jaebum-hyung and Youngjae went to your apartment to check on noona."

 

"Why?"

 

Jackson sighed. Mark is still mad at him and he knows it. "Because Anna-noona has a weak stomach when it comes to drinking and you're here so they decided to check up on her." He said but Mark just stared at him blankly not understanding what is going on. "Listen, Mark-hyung about last night--"

 

"Don't." He isn't in a mood to talk about it anyway.

 

Jackson puffed his cheeks and lets out a heavy breath. "I wasn't even thinking straight when I said all those things. Because if anything happened between you and Anna-noona then it would be devastating. Mark-hyung, when I told JB-hyung that Anna noona was too drunk last night he didn't even hesitate to see if she was okay, even Youngjae was already headed that way. The seven of us hyung, we are family and noona is your family. Which makes her part of ours too---" he pursed his lips. He is trying his best to express himself but he couldn't. He sounded stupid. The truth is, Anna always tries to take care not only Mark but the others too. It's like she's the boys noona who lives close by and beings them food or even grocery shopping. 

 

She only doesn't do that much since Mark and Anna moved in together but she does have her ways to still take care of the others. 

 

"Well Mark-hyung what I'm trying to say is--"

 

"Shut up Jackson." Mark just laughs at his dongsaeng. He tossed him a pillow to make him stop. The way Jackson was being all flustered and blushing was making Mark feel burdened.

 

Jackson smirks as he caught the pillow. And threw it back at Mark who dodged it perfectly. "Thank you, hyung."

 

"It's okay Jackson. Let's just not talk about it anymore, yeah?" Mark said.

 

Jackson just nods glad that it's over. He grabs something from his pocket, tossing Mark a couple energy bars. "I figured you didn't get any sleep last night."

 

Mark catches the packets in one hand, "Thanks."

 

"I'll see you later, hyung." Jackson waved at Mark to give him time to himself for rest.

 

Mark just stares at the bars on his hand and sighs deeply. He sets them at the side not wanting anything to do with them. Jackson brought these for a peace offering and he couldn't accept them. Accepting it meant that he forgave Jackson....

 

But the thing is he doesn't think Jackson needs to be forgiven because in all honesty, Mark has been thinking if he is actually good for Anna.

 

Is he the right person for her? He loves her he knew that much.

 

~~~~~~_________________~~~~~

Anna POV

 

Anna was drinking the ginseng tea that Jaebum made for her before she had to rush to leave for work twenty minutes ago. She thought she was okay but her stomach is still rather queazy and the bright lights in the conference room isn't of help either.

 

If she knew that this meeting be a bit delayed, she probably wouldn't have rushed from home. She was wearing her sunglasses in the brightened room.

 

When the door opened she freaked out and took off the glasses and straightened out. She was relieved to see Jimin and Daehyun walk in. It's her assistant and their main scriptwriter for the show. "Jeez, you scared me."

 

Daehyun smirks, he could see the signs of the hangover perfectly. "Had fun last night pd-nim?"

 

"Don't ask." Anna begged because if she tries to recall it some unpleasant memories of last night and it includes sitting by the toilet hoping that she's stop throwing up.

 

"That great huh." Daehun teased.

 

"Shut up." Jimin slapped Daehyun's arm who just shrugs in response.

 

"Do you guys have any idea why were being called?" Anna asked as she rubbed the side of her temples. She knew the higher ups called for them but she was sure it has nothing to do with them leaving for the US in two days since all the preparations are done

.

Daehyun just shrugged and sat next to Anna. "Don't know boss. The approval was sent for the shoots in the places the Black Pink want to go to were approved so, I really don't know." He pushed a plate of cupcakes towards Anna, "Cupcake?"

 

Anna gagged and shook her head, "I can't even look at food right now."

 

Then Jimin thinks, "Did you guys hear the rumor that the head for the variety show area is leaving and they are looking for someone to fill that position." She looks at Anna knowingly as if excited about something.

 

Anna heard about this too and most everyone is saying that Anna might be offered the job. She hasn't gotten the offer and if ever she thinks she'd decline it. Call her crazy, but she rarely sees Mark lately and if she gets the promotion it'll even lower those times to see him too. "They wont offer me the job with you two present. So it's something else."

 

The door had opened and Anna's boss, Kim Chaerung and Kwon Baem has walked in.

 

The three of them stood up and bowed to greet their superiors. Chaerung gestured for them to sit down and they did.

 

"We won't be long since we have another meeting in twenty minutes." Kwon Baem checks his watch.

 

Kim Chaerung was the one who finished, "I know there has been rumors going around that Park Chen's is leaving us. Well unfortunately those are true but don't worry we already have someone filling in that position. He has a great reference in his belt already since he ran an entire department in entertainment news in Busan. And for his young age, i think he might be your age Anna."

 

"That's cool." Daehyun said rather calmly but then when Jimin kicked him under the table since he sounded rude just now. Most of everyone that works under Anna are around the same age. He cleared his throat and looked at Anna for help who looked like she was going to throw up.

 

Anna could feel her palms grow cold. In her mind she was performing a secret prayer hoping to god and any gods that could hear it that it wouldn't be who she thinks it is. Her stomach was churning and she is sure it has nothing to do with her being hung over anymore it is way past that.

 

"We also suggested to have him go with you and your crew Black Pink in US." Chaerung was looking at the door as if she was expecting him to come out soon, like some dramatic effect.

 

Anna wanted to speak but was dry and she had lost the ability to.

 

It was Jimin that answered now curious what is happening to her boss. "Well, that is pleasant to hear." She glances over towards Daehyun for help since she's never really good at words and it should be that Anna that should talk.

 

Daehyun just pursed his lips together afraid that he might say something dumb again.

 

As if everything was in slow motion, the door opened. And if Anna's heart had raced in her chest it had completely stopped just now when the guy who was now her boss has walked in the door.

 

"There he is." It was Baem that clasps his hands together and gestured the young man close to them.

 

"Anyeonghasaeyo." He greets and not taking his eyes off Anna. He was smiling since he was expecting this expression from her. "Jeon Anna-ssi." She was too flustered to move she didn't even respond to the greeting.

 

Chaerung clapped her hands delighted by this progress of events. "Oh, good you two know each other. This would make things alot more easier."

 

And Anna couldn't disagree more than anything but her lips just curled into a smile which probably makes her look uncomfortable and terrified.

 

"Yes, we do." He replied simply.

 

Anna couldn't believe she was standing there dumbly as Nam Kihyun was in front of her.

 

Nam Kihyun, the man who broke her heart three years ago, is her new boss.

 

A/N
Dundundun.... Heheh okay guys do you want more? Saay moreee! And tell me what you guys think pleaseee? Comments sub and upvotes if possible please.