xx 04 xx

This isn't It.

Chapter Four
Anna POV

Red=past

Bold=korean

 

She hated today already. While Mark is at home, she's the one working. She would have loved to stay home too but she has to make a living. She was really close to not coming to work too but Mark convinced her to not be absent.

"Just go to work, I'll be useless anyway since I might just end up sleeping all morning since well... You wouldn't let me sleep at dawn."

Thinking about what she had done to Mark last night made her blush... She had to shake these thoughts violently because well it's not a good thing to have them at work. And it is especially unladylike to have these lingering thoughts of a couple hours ago.

She rolled her eyes as she recalled their conversation this morning.

 

"Well, I didn't get to sleep either." She squints at him as he tried to make her get out of bed so she can get ready for work. If he was complaining that he'll sleep all morning because she kept him up that also means she's lack of it too.

He just laughed, "Well you're the one who jumped me at 4am when you know clearly you have to work in three hours." He carried her to bed after sleeping for two hours and when he did that she just showered him with kisses and he really couldn't resist that so thus their reason for being awake for the past three hours. "I was just peacefully thinking of sleeping and all that."

She narrowed her eyes at him and didn't respond. She raises the covers to hide the top half of her body.

He gasped dramatically and then covered his chest with his arm. His expression played as if someone had taken advantage of him. "I don't know what I'm going to do with myself. I feel dirty." He shivered. He was trying his best to hide a laugh. It was clear that he found the situation amusing. It's normally him that initiates things since for some reason despite being together for two years she's still quite shy when it comes to intimate moments. Its not that she doesn't make the first move but it's usually when she's not sober.

"Yah!" She yells at him, she knows what she did and she's embarrassed of it. She can normally control herself but under those circumstances it was different. "It's not my fault I haven't seen you for a week!" And as soon as those words left her lips she regretted. She knows all too well that Mark always harbors some guilt when he wouldn't have time for her at all. She tells him time that she understands but the closer to their comeback is when their schedule got too busy that he rarely has time to even sleep or eat he'd end up neglecting her. He does try to still keep contact or he to at least come home even though for only a few hours.

But this album preparation is so much different, and it's because all GOT7's album on their own. So it even came that he wouldn't be able to talk to her all day or even not seeing her for the week. The most they've seen each other was that minute moment in the elevator.

So Anna saw the change in Mark's face. The playful grin that was on his lips had fallen and the mood became solemn. She almost wanted to smack herself for ruining the mood. He looked so sad that all she wants to do is hug him but she couldn't move because she feels guilty herself.

He just sighs and tried to hide the fact that he wanted to curse himself. He scoots over to wrap his arms around her, he pulled her close and had his arm lay under head. He plants a soft kiss on her forehead and says, "Lets stay in bed all day, then."

She bit her lips fighting the urge to sigh. This would have been a tempting suggestion but the fact that she had just ruined the mood makes her think he's only saying that to make her happy than actually wanting to. She can't be selfish, today is Mark's only day off. He needs rest too. "It's okay. I do need to to work today, I just don't want to get out of bed." She was about to kiss his jaw but he moves away looking at her with a frustrated expression. "What?" She does have to go to work today, there are still a lot of preparations to do for Black Pink. The staff is leaving for LA on Monday there are still a few places to call for places to shoot that is on the girls list of what to do.

He knows what she is thinking though too, "Anna, I do want to stay." He could feel that she believes that ruined the mood. He was going to ask her to skip work and stay with him but they are both adults with lives outside their relationship. He didn't want her to just stop everything just because he has one day off.

She smiled hoping that this would give him comfort of some kind, "There are still a lot of things need to be done before we leave for LA, that's two days of preparation. On top of that Mom called for me to get her a few things. Even your mom wants in on it. So i have to go shopping." she talked to her mother two days ago and instead of being excited to see her eldest daughter she was all about what she should bring.

"I told you I'd go with you." They were planning to go to the store tomorrow anyway after Mark finishes recording.

Anna could help but looked terrified. Last time Mark and her went to the store together, since they couldn't stand so close together and he has to wear a mask with a sock cap with glasses so no one would recognize him. An ajumma had pulled her to the side that she has some stalker following her and she has called the cops to save her.
"No, we stopped doing that months ago remember."

He frowned again feeling stuck, he wanted to do something with her but if she's uncomfortable then that can be crossed off. "Anna--"

"Well I should get ready for work--" she tried to push herself off of bed but Mark's hold on her tightened as if not letting her leave.

"I do want you to stay. Just stay in bed with me." His voice was so low she could barely hear it.

She can sense his desperation and she's sure that he wants her to stay but then she can't shake off that feeling she may not want to go to work but it's better if she does instead. She sighs, "I know but I do have to go to work." She hoped that he wouldn't read much into it and would just let it go. "I would stay too if there isn't so much preparations to do for next week."

He just smiled and nods, "Okay." He said but he still didn't let her go. Instead he turns them so he'd be hovering over her. He had his lips on her neck without saying anything else.

She gasped trying to hide a moan, "What are you doing?" She breathes.

He just smiled against her jaw and he continued caressing her neck with his lips, "Nothing."

"Mark, I'm late for work..." She tries to push him off but instead she grabs his shoulder as if encouraging him not to stop.

He just smirks as he raises his head to look her in the eye, "Well, if you're already late for work. What's another fifteen minutes? No one would notice it but we sure will." And her words to protest disappeared when he crushed his lips against hers....

 

 


"Eogul whegure?"

A voice broke through her thoughts bringing her back to reality, which she is thankful for since she was starting to have reaaaallly unpure thoughts. She clears to look up and see her best friend, Im Hyorin, standing across from her table eyeing her curiously, "Ania...." She said softly and started to move her things on her table trying to look busy.

Hyorin just grinned darkly, "You look like you watched all fifty shades of gray trilogy and is now recalling the movie in your mind."

Anna choked and let out a cough. "You're imagining things." It's definitely a lot better than that stupid mommy film that she's recalling.

Her bestfriend just rolled her eyes, "And this is why I keep telling you to let me set you up on a blind date. You're obviously in dire need of male companionship." Hyorin has been trying (but failing) to set her up on blind dates but Anna always seems to refuse which she doesn't get. It's not like she doesn't know Anna's type. Most of these guys she has in mind are perfect for Anna.

Anna sighs heavily, "And my response to this every time is, I don't need a blind date. I'm too busy to date someone and I'm just not interested in dating yet." This is always her excuse. She is just not ready to tell Hyorin that she's been with a boyfriend for about two years now. It's not that she doesn't trust Hyorin but she believes the lesser people that know the better. It also doesn't help that Hyorin is the head of the Entertainment news department for MNET. This news is just too juicy to be kept secret.

"Yet that look on your face five minutes ago totally says the opposite..."

Anna had to stop herself from reacting despite her face growing warm on their own. Why of all things did Hyorin decide to come now. "Are you here to annoy me? Or do you need anything?" She narrows her eyes at Hyorin.

Hyorin just laughs and shakes her head. She knew, she hit a nerve just now. She's known Anna since they were in college. She was this hyper korean-american girl who mispronounced almost every Korean word in the dictionary. This was mostly why she had decided to take this girl under her wing and they had been inseparable since. Well only these past few years had they been sort of like distant because of their jobs. They try their best to keep up but times like this needs a friendship rebuilding. "We need a friendship rebuilding!" She said excitingly.

Anna rolls her eyes. They barely hang out these days which is true and this is mostly because she'd rather just stay at home with Mark since he's really busy and she treasures those moments alot. She feels terrible as her friend but she also has other reasons why she's avoiding Hyorin too, "Oh, friendship rebuilding... Where you spend all night trying to get me drunk and set me up with some random stranger."

Hyorin looked offended, "I never set you up with a random stranger!" And as soon as she said those words she immediately regretted them since Anna was glaring at her.

"Ah, so you do admit! You ambush me with these friendship rebuilding excuse just so you can set me up for a blind date i don't want to do." Anna would go meet up with Hyorin but there would be a guy that would join them not a few minutes later and she would end up leaving Anna alone where Anna tries to explain to the duped fellow that she isn't interested. Ever since Hyorin got engaged six months ago, she has been non-stop bothering Anna about dating. It's like her way of not wanting to leave Anna behind, it's sweet in a way but this woman can't take no for an answer.

Hyorin pursed her lips together, pretending to be innocent. "I have no clue what you are talking about." Then she scoffs, "If your accusations is true, which they aren't by the way. I just want to say that we aren't getting any younger. We are closer to thirty than we are to twenty. It's time to start thinking about settling down."

Anna just rolls her eyes, she sounds like her mother though at least her mom understands about her boyfriend's predicament so she isn't telling her to rush. And quite honestly the one that keeps asking for the actual marriage and grandchildren are the Tuans it's mostly because none of their boys have children to carry on the family name. Last time she went with the boys to LA for their concert and was the most awkward conversation they had. Mark was just up and told his family to not expect children from him anytime soon. He added to bother to Joey for one with his fiancé instead.

She understood that her relationship with Mark was always about the now. No future talk has ever been mentioned, in their two year relationship. That was actually the first time it was ever brought it and both knows that it's something that has been hanging in the air for both of them... Waiting to be talked to. And what made her find it more awkward than anything is how he immediately shot down his parents talking about it when it wasn't really directed to him per say but more of just a casual stating that the parents wanted more grandchildren.

"So what do you say?"

Once again she had drifted off into her own mind and Hyorin had brought her back, "Mworago?"

"Jinja, I am not allowing you to ignore me like you did when i asked you a week ago."

Anna scoffs, "I don't trust you. Last time we went out you forced me to sit down and not move when my blind date showed up." She recalled telling this story to Mark and he just laughed saying that she should have called him it end it. He was willing to officially meet her friends for a while now but it's Anna that thinks it's not time yet.

Hyorin sighs and bit her lip. "Well, tonight I promise no set up. It be just you me and the girls." She had been planning this night out for a few days since all their college friends are actually free this friday night.

Anna wanted to cry secretly. She hasn't seen her friends for a while but at the same time tonight was supposed to be her date night with Mark. She was torn. "I still have a lot to do. You know that Black Pink has a concert in LA, so i have to make arrangements since none if my staff speak english." She couldn't call offices right now since the time difference.

"Now you are just making excuses." Hyorin says in annoyance. "You have interns that can do that. As far as I know theres one from UK who can do that for you." Then she puts her hands on her waist, "Do you not trust me?" Since she has a feeling that Anna is a bit fed up with trying to ambush her with blind dates.

Anna wanted to say no but she felt guilty. If she had trusted her friend truly then she would have told her by now the real reason as to why she claims she's single and loving it. It's just not her secret to tell but Mark's as well. She is protecting him more than anything. She was about to respond when she felt her phone go off. Without thinking about it much she looks at her phone only to be met by slight disappointment.

It was a message from Mark.

 

~Hey babe, sorry to do this over the text but theres an emergency meeting and I have to go to the company today. I'm not sure what time I'll be back but I promise to come home tonight. Our date night might slightly be delayed but I'll still be home. Love you.

 

She had been looking forward for tonight too but at the same time she kinda knew this was coming. She doesn't understand what she's feeling at the moment. Usually when he says he doesn't know what time he'll be back that normally means from between an hour from now or to tomorrow is when he'd be done. She might just end up waiting for him all night like she did last night.

She looks up at Hyorin who was smiling at her encouragingly, "See you're already having a bad day," she could see the frustration in Anna's eyes no matter how hard she tried to hide it. Anna's expression then softened realizing that she was caught. Anna was always the type to keep things to herself just to avoid people poking around her business. She might be the most mysterious friend she's ever had but one those emotions slowly from that wall of hers, Hyorin could always read it. "So, why not end today with hanging out us. I'm sure you need it."

Anna just pursed her lips together. It was only nine in the morning and she isn't even sure if Mark is coming home tonight or not, despite his promise. As much as she wants to believe it she also wants to hang out with her friends too. "I'll think about it." If it's 10pm and he doesn't come home then I guess ill go out.

Hyorin claps her hands together and jumped happily. "You are so going to have fun!" She takes Anna's hand squeezing it tightly.

Anna just watches as the screws in Hyorin start turning. Hyorin is planning something and Anna is sure if it. She could see Hyorin's smile when she walked away from her, "I said I'll think about it!" Anna says loudly making sure Hyorin would hear it.

"Araso, araso." Hyorin waves her off uninterested. She didn't even look back at Anna and she just left their office.

Anna then bites her lips realizing what she had done. Hyorin is going to keep calling her tonight until she comes out or she'll raid her apartment which has evidences of a man living there. Oh she's going to be in trouble...

She starts typing a response to Mark.

 

~it's okay. I hope you at least got a couple hours of sleep. If not, just take some energy booster so you won't get too tired. I love you, too. I might go out with Hyorin tonight so just let me know if I should stay home or not.

 

She stares at the message hesitating to send the last part about Hyorin. After a few moments she decided to take that out thinking that if Mark finds out about Hyorin, he might just let her go out since he knows they haven't seen each other for a bit. In her heart, she'd rather just stay home with Mark even if he'd come home late.

She waited for his reply. Maybe if he says something then that's when she'll mention it. It's always Mark that says the last words on their texts. especially if he had just left for the JYPE building.

But more than ten minutes has passed and he still has yet to reply. That's when she realized that he probably already texted her before the meeting had started. Which was odd since it would usually take a good twenty minute drive without traffic to JYPE.

She just pockets her handphone not wanting to think much about it. Even that day, that was the only text she had gotten from Mark. Despite being used to it eventually it does seem lonely to be staring at a phone waiting for a response.

 

A/N
#happykingjacksonday hehe ill just keep writing coz Ill have hope that you at least like it. If you guys have any reactions or comments, dont be shy. I love to hear them. You can even tell me to stop writing hahah
Kidding!
Alright guys, lets not forget to vote for nevervever for mcountdown! We should so we can make use of the #5thwin hashtag! Heheh fightingg guys!