xx 06 xx

This isn't It.

Chapter Six
Anna POV

 

She was on her fourth drink of the night and she had only gotten to the club about thirty minutes ago. She didn't know what got to her but as soon as she saw Hyorin and her friends, she had taken Hyorin's drink finishing it in one go before she greeted them.

 

"Did anything happen?" Hyorin asked noticing that Anna is drinking far too much in one sitting.

 

Anna shakes her head and smiles, "Aniya." She lied smoothly. She just had to bury this feeling in her chest which she doesn't understand what it is. She never has bad feeling towards Mark when it comes to him having no time for hers but for some reason tonight it seemed different. She didn't want to dwell on it. "I figured I need to catch up since you guys had already started long before i got here."

 

Hyorin just looks at Anna, slowly suspecting her but then she claps excitedly knowing that Anna does have a point. She was already tipsy as soon as Anna got here, she has to catch up. "Well if that's the case...." Then she takes the four shots she had ordered for them and gave two to Anna, "Drink up!" Certainly after drinking that she'll be on the same level.

 

"Whooo!!!" Park Jieun, one of their friends, cheered excitedly when Anna drank both shots one after the other not really needing chasers to help die down the bitter drink. "That's right! And now we dance" Jieun pulled Anna's hand to take her to the dance floor where two of their other friends were waiting. Chaerung and Jiyoung.

 

Anna was dancing away having a time of her life. Her brain was a bit foggy from the alcohol she had just drank but she definitely was having fun. She had missed hanging out with her friends. It's not like she doesn't go out and have fun but it's mostly with Mark's friends. Not that she has anything against them since they are mostly the foreigner group in the Kpop industry, she is close to them too but at times she's being treated as Mark's girlfriend.

 

But it's always a different story when you're with your own friends. Especially if she hasn't been out with them for a while.

 

She was hugging on Hyorin and she had to cover her ears since Hyorin was screaming in excitement when her jam was being played. "Thanks for bringing me out tonight!"

 

Hyorin smirks and nods, she turned Anna so it would be like they twirling each other. She whispers on Anna's ears, "I'm glad. You need to stop hiding out in your house."

 

Anna just smiles and nods. She does need to come out once in a while. It always amuses her how Hyorin is engage yet she still has time to go out to clubs and party like this. She had mentioned before that her twenties are almost gone and she's getting married which means she's slowly going to be an ajuma and she's not ready yet.

 

Jieun joins them and squeals in giddiness. "I don't know if you've noticed but there's a hottie that keeps staring at this direction!"

 

Anna just frowns not really paying any attention to any guys in the club. "What?"

 

Chaerung just chuckled and replied, "He's been eyeing our Anna here for a while now."

 

"Whatever." Anna said. Anna, not to be a bluffer or someone who is full of it, she knows that she's sort of pretty. She works hard to keep this image since well, if she's dating an idol who sees alot of pretty girls every time he does a schedule she has to keep up too so he won't be tempted to look at someone else. Though, she trusts Mark and knows he would never cheat but it's just her complex.

 

"Where?" Hyorin gasped giddy. When she looks over to where Jieun was pointing at, her eyes was about to pop out of her socket. "Oh my goodness, Anna. He's like really y."

 

Anna rolls her eyes, why on earth did Chaerung had to say something. She knoes Hyorin well enough that she might start throwing Anna towards this guy since she's so obsessed about Anna dating. "Not interested."

 

"Well you have to look!" Jiyoung said as she turned Anna toward the mystery guy.

 

Anna couldn't fight two girls trying to have her look at her admirer. When she finally saw him, she had to admit he was good looking. He had dark blonde hair, a light 5'oclock shadow and he was tall with a nice broad built. If she wasn't dating Mark, he would be someone that is definitely her type. "Not interested," she repeated, now she's annoyed.

 

"Pshh, he's yummy. He looks like a mix of that captain america dude and--"

 

Anna covers Jieun's mouth with her hand sloppily. "He couls be the iest man in the planet, and I'm still not interested."

 

Jieun eyebrows met and she moved her head so she could remove Anna's hand on her lips, "You really need to get over your break up with Kihyun."

 

Anna clenched her teeth. Now she also remembers why she doesn't hang out with Hyorin if Jieun is in town. She always hated having Kihyun brought up just because she always says she's not interested to date. At least with Hyorin, she always just leaves it alone or corners her while Jieun assumes that she still isn't over Kihyun.

 

Hyorin saw the look on Anna's face, she immediately drags Anna to the side. "Let's go get a drink."

 

Anna budges, she was about to say something to Jieun and it certainly wasn't going to be pretty.

 

"Anna-ah." Hyorin pulls Anna in warning. After a few seconds of glaring contest between Jieun and Anna. She was finally able to move Anna away towards the bar.

 

"I swear to god. Why she brings up Kihyun every time I see her. " Anna cursed loudly as soon as Hyorin looked like she was about to apologize to her. "It's not my fault he went to get the job in Busan."

 

"Well you know, she had been in love with Nam Kihyun even before you came to the picture. She was hoping you'd get the job so you two would break up and she's get Kihyun instead." Hyorin has been friends with Jieun and Kihyun since high school. She knows the love triangle very well in college.

 

Anna scoffs and rolls her eyes, "And I'm still friends with her why?"

 

Hyorin laughs, "Because she's Jiyoung's twin sister and I really can't get rid of her."

 

"It has been over three years since we broke up, can't she get over it." Anna just let out her frustration.

 

"Have you?" Hyorin asked.

 

Anna's head snapped at Hyorin, "Not you too," Anna said angrily.

 

Hyorin just pursed her lips and shakes her head, "Well, you do deny a lot of my offers--"

 

"Doesn't mean I'm not over Kihyun! Have you thought of other reasons but that?" Anna said in frustration.

 

"Molla...." Hyorin doesn't seem to believe her.

Anna rolls her eyes not interested in trying to prove herself otherwise. The only way to prove it is to tell her about Mark but with this, it's not even worth it. "I'm getting a drink..." Anna said and turns to walk a few steps away from Hyorin to the only empty spot at the bar.

 

"Anna--"

 

Anna leans at the table to look for the bartender but she wasn't there. Anna was getting mad at herself, she doesn't understand why she couldn't tell her best friend about Mark. She had a million chances but the longer she had kept it, the harder it was randomly tell her best friend without getting her upset.

 

She trusted Hyorin but she's just using the excuse that she works in the entertainment side of the news.

 

"Looks like you need a drink or two," someone with broken Korean next to Anna said loudly to compensate with the loud music.

 

Anna looks to her side and to see that it was the guy everyone was teasing her with was standing next to her with a smile on his face. She sighed and shakes her head, she responded in english just assuming that he may understand it better than Hangeul. "If the bartender gets here then yeah I will."

 

Over her shoulder she could see that he didn't seem surprised or relieved that she could speak english, he just nods and says, "Well, I'm sure he'll be back. Can I buy you a drink?"

 

Anna turns her head towards where her friends are at and she could see that they didn't even seem bothered that he's talking to her. Even if they find him cute they would never leave her alone with a stranger, they would feel him out first to see if he's normal or worth her time. So that means that screening is done on their own.

 

This was a set up.

 

He took his silence as a yes and smiles beautifully, "What drink is that?" He points at the empty glass she was holding.

 

She sighs heavily, giving up. She didn't even have the strength to glare at Hyorin who was looking here despite her pretending not to care. "How do you know Hyorin?" She didn't even have the strength or mood to make small talk.

 

Now he was taken aback and he just blinked taking him a few seconds to reply, he could see the serious look on her face so there was no point in pretending that he doesn't know what she's talking about. He just chuckled, "Sungjoon was my roommate in college," Jang Sungjoon is Hyorin's fiance who like Anna is Korean who grew up in America. then he explained that he was taught by Hyorin to say those words and he has been practice for the past two hours.

 

She just shakes her head in disbelief. Hyorin knows Anna could pick up the bad korean accent and would speak english instead. Totally makes sense why Hyorin was adamant on having her come out, "I don't know what Hyorin told you but I actually have a boyfriend."

He raised an eyebrow seeing this as news. He looks over his shoulder slightly then smirks, "Well, that's not what I heard."

 

Anna wanted to fight the urge to roll her eyes. She had to continue talking to him, she knows it. The way Hyorin was making a big deal about it, and Jieun being a complete pain in the was all a play. If Anna would walk away from him they would think that she isn't over Kihyun. "I figured. It's just I couldn't tell Hyorin about him because.... Well...." She started to stutter she wasn't sure if she should trust him with this information too.

 

He notices this too and smiles, which Anna had to admit was blinding and made his dimple dip deeper, "A secret?" He finished for her.

 

She bit the bottom of her lip. "Something like that."

 

When the bartender got to them without her even noticing he was the one who ordered the drinks for them. She didn't even need to ask how he knew about her drink. So she just mumbles a thank you instead.

 

"Honestly I'm intrigued." He said a few awkward seconds later.

 

She turned towards him only to notice that he has bright green eyes, she wondered to herself when he got so close to her. "How?"

 

He just shrugs, "A beautiful girl like you? Dating someone in secret without telling her friends? It makes me curious as to the identity of this secret boyfriend." He said playfully. "Is he a leader of some gang syndicate or a spy?" He offered.

 

She just chuckled and shakes her head, "What movies have you been watching?" She asks. His imagination is so active for their age. "Trust me, it's much more complicated than that." Which she admits she'd rather say that her boyfriend is a gangster than a celebrity. At least with a gangster they could still go out in public with no one caring or if it does matter then they'd be body guards watching them like a hawk. She started laughing at herself, as she started imagining Mark as a leader of a mafia gang in black suit and tie with the fedora hat... now she has a powerful imagination too.

 

He raises an eyebrow, more interested. "And no matter how much i'd poke at this, you won't tell me?"

 

She shakes her head. "I haven't even told my best friend, so telling a complete stranger about it. Let's just say it's not fair at all." As much as she wanted to share her story, she probably should tell Hyorin first before anyone else. Besides, she doesn't even know is name. "Short version? we'd be pissing off a lot of people if they'd know I'm dating him." Knowing that the most important reason to keep this relationship secret is to protect Mark's career and even GOT7, she'll do it all over again. No matter how hard it is at times.

 

"Fair enough." He said. He then hands Anna her drink, then adds. "Drew Philips by the way." He reached out a hand for a greeting.

 

She looked at his hand and takes it. She shook it once and said, "I'm Anna Jeon."

 

He still didn't let go of her hand, then he adds. "Just putting it out there, if you were my girlfriend? I could care less if people knowing it would piss off alot of folks, well they can just get over that. At least youre not having a hard time trying to keep it a secret on your own."

 

"Well, his friends know. So it's not like it's a total secret." She felt the need to defend Mark since it's true Mark's close friends know about their relationship and he isn't really afraid to flaunt it around them.

 

He thinks about it and said, "That's what I meant. Keeping it a secret from your friends..."

That's when Anna noticed that he was still holding her hand. His thumb was caressing on his wrist, it wasn't any malice at all but it was like he was comforting her. Her eyebrows met as she mumbles, "Can I have my hand back please?" Never in her relationship with Mark had she realized that she needed comforting. She loves Mark but the way Drew is making it sound like she's happy but miserable at the same time.

 

He immediately obliges and offers a goofy smile, "Sorry." When he saw her nod to accept her apology, "Well, you can tell me about him. Best to know what competition is like."

 

She giggles as she wanted to tell him there was no need to worry about competition at all since he isn't even that close to even make her see Drew as competition to her y, talented, sweet, loving, amazing, handsome and quiet yet funny boyfriend.

 

Drew laughs out loud and said, "Don't hold back why don't you." He was amused at how honest Anna was.

 

Anna widened her eyes in surprise. "Did I just say all that out loud?" The only way he'd be reacting that way is if she did. She wondered how much has she drank already if she didn't even notice that she had done that.

 

"Yes."

 

She was glad that he found this funny at least and with that they had just kept talking. This was actually the first time she had a real conversation with someone for a while. She had just been stuck at home for the past three weeks that the only people she'd talk to is her coworkers but it the topics were never this fun. She even had to admit that she was having fun sharing stories with Drew. She was able to talk about Mark freely without really saying his name while he shared about his current ex girlfriend that Hyorin promised was going to have him forget because her bestfriend is an amazing gal.

 

"I am sorry about that." Anna said sincerely. She knows how Hyorin probably sold her out amazingly since that girl is always good with words so she probably put Anna on a pedi stool that even Anna couldn't compete with what Hyorin described her as.

 

He shrugged as if it wasn't a big deal, "Well figured you sounded too good to be true, I wondered why you were still single. turns out you aren't. Though can't beat competition, how did you say he was? y, talented, sweet and well there were alot of adjectives I couldn't keep up."

 

She could feel her cheeks burn and she is sure it isn't from the alcohol. She felt so embarrassed by what she had said, yet at the same time proud. She hasn't been able to boast about her boyfriend other than to Mark's friends so at least she got to do that. "I swear i'll make it up to you." Her eyes started to search for someone or something.

 

He just laughed, "There isn't a point to it really. As you can see, my Korean is rather nonexistent, so communicating would be a fail. I'm actually satisfied with just talking to you and figuring out about your secret boyfriend."

 

She stopped and put an arm on him not paying attention to him at all, "Don't worry I'll find one for you. A perfect korean girl who can speak english." She was already spurting nonsense there was no way she can find someone who can communicate with Drew in this dark and loud bar but since she was rather too tipsy to think straight she had thought of this as a good idea.

 

"Wait--"

 

But she was already gone, she was on a mission. She didn't know how but she'll do it.

 

"Oh excuse me." Her shoulder bumped into someone's arm but it was her that had been pushed into another person's arm. It would have been okay but that guy was rather grabby, he immediately had his arm around her waist.

 

"Hello." He whispered into her ear.

 

"Not interested." She snapped at the guy and she pushed herself off of his hold. Seems like this sentence what she had mostly said tonight.

 

He just winked and smiles, "We'll see about that."

 

Anna didn't even stick around to argue. He was giving her he creepy vibes anyway and he was drunk too so it's pointless.

 

Then on the corner of her eye she saw Drew, he wasn't sitting alone anymore. He was talking to some girl and he looked like he was having fun. She smiles to herself, well then at least she didn't have to keep searching. She didn't really had a game plan anyway, she would probably just end up embarrassing either her or Drew.

 

Drew and hers eyes met, and she gave him a thumbs up which he smiles to her in response then continues to talk to his new friend.

 

Anna just stood there in the middle of the club awkwardly, totally forgetting why she was there in the first place. Then she felt the back of her hair stand as if someone was staring at her. She shivered that same second which she had totally regretted because that one movement made her realize that she was more drunk than she had thought.

 

She was started to feel hot and claustrophobic for some reason. She started fanning herself and turned, she saw a fire exit on the corner. She decided that she needed some air. She had drank too much and it had hit her all at once. She wondered what she had been drinking all night. She had forgotten to ask Hyorin if it was tequila since her after effects of tequila usually take a while...

 

She had pushed herself through the crowd since she could feel it. Her stomach turning.... That feeling that you're going to....

 

At least she had finally reached the outside and that cold air slapping on her face was cooling her off. The inside of that club was slowly becoming an oven and it's only 1am which means it's still at it's peak of the night.

 

"I knew you wanted me alone." A voice said behind her.

 

Anna turned to see it was he same guy that winked at her a few minutes ago. Surprising enough that he was speaking in english too. Anna backed off away from him, "Excuse me?" She didn't even recall talking to him at all.

 

He grinned and shrugged, he took a big step forward that he was only a a foot away from her. "I was asking you if you wanted to dance but you lead me out here instead."

 

Anna blinks confused, she tried to rack her brain if she sent him any signals at all or even spoke to him other than pushing him away. "You've obviously lost your mind. I was actually telling you to off." She hissed at him angrily. She was about to push him off but he got a hold of her wrist and pinned her on the wall behind her. She could feel her teeth crash together and she bit the side of her tongue, she felt the metallic taste of blood in .

 

"You're kinda naughty aren't you?" His breath touched her cheek and it reeked of alcohol and cigarettes.

 

She could feel her heart pounding on her chest, she tried to break herself free but he was too strong and for her and unfortunately when her back hit the wall, it made her dizzy that her only resorting her to closing her eyes. She was trying to calm herself down to recollect her thoughts, at least a week ago Rose and Jisoo last week were doing self defense classes. She needed to remember the basics since she also joined in the back of the classes.

 

She was about to lift her knee since she noticed that it was free and between his legs. She is going kick him so hard he is going to wish to wish he never talked to her.

 

Before his face could come any closer or even as she was about to kick she heard someone yell.

 

"What the hell do you think you're doing!"

 

Anna wasn't sure if she was relieved when she heard his voice or she was terrified to have him witness her in such a compromised position. She had it under control too. She was about to kick, just to get revenge but he was off him her that quickly and she heard a loud crunch of a fist landing someone's face.

 

When she opened her eyes the guy that harassed her was crouched on the floor, as his assaulter stands over him. He grabs the guys collar to lift him off the floor only to drop the guy on the ground heavily.

 

"Get out of here!" He yelled at him.

 

Without saying anything else he scrambled to his feet then ran back inside the club as quickly as he could.

 

Anna was watching this and she could feel tears leave her eyes. She could only see her rescuers back and she already knew who it was, "Jackson-ah." She sobs.

 

"Noona? Gwenchanayo?" Someone else touched her arm in comfort. Without even another word he pulled Anna for a hug.

 

She stifles a sob and hides her face on his chest. "Youngjae-ah...." She wondered when they had gotten here or how they found her here in this alley. She held on to his shirt just so she wouldn't fall. She was definitely starting to get dizzy, she was holding on to him for support.

 

She could feel Jackson stand next to her and through his mask she can tell that he is pissed off. She looked at him once and hide on Youngjae's chest, again. Out of the GOT7 members its the maknae line that she's clingy to.

 

"Anna, Is Mark here?" Jackson asked. It was obvious that he was still pissed off and it's not wearing off soon since he just dropped honorifics.

 

Anna shakes her head in response. She felt so small and not the one who is older than both of them.

 

Youngjae sighs and was still patting her back, "Does Mark-hyung know you're out tonight?"

 

She nods, "He actually was the one who suggested I could." She finally pulled away from Youngjae but she was still holding on to his arm because she stumbled back a bit. She looks at Jackson and pouts apologetically when she noticed that he was clenching his fist, "Miane Jackson."

 

"Mark was the one who suggested you go out on your own without him?" Jackson echoed what she had said in disbelief. "Sometimes I wonder if he's knows what he's doing or he's just a total idiot?." He grinds his teeth in anger.

 

"Hyung." Youngjae reprimanded his hyung. It's quite rude talking about someone behind their back.

 

Annna started to stutter as she spoke, "I'm not alone. My friends are here." Anna defended Mark. "Besides, I had it. I was going to kick him hard."

 

Jackson scoffed, "From where Youngjae and I were standing it looked nothing like it." he snapped at her furiously.

 

"Seriously hyung, calm down." Youngjae said again when he could see that Anna was about to cry.

 

Jackson runs his hands through his hair and groans, "I'm taking you home. Lets go." He grabs Anna's wrist to pull her to the alley.

 

Anna realizes that in the corner are where the cars are parked. She didn't even know where she was. She felt like such an idiot. She was about to walk with him then she stopped, "My friends." She looks at Youngjae for help. She knows Jackson well enough that when he has made his mind up about something there would be no changing it.

 

Jackson just tugged her not even bothered that she stopped walking. "They don't seem to care that a ert just followed you out. So I'm sure they won't care if you left."

 

Anna was about to protest but Jackson was right. Her friends care about her yes but they are too drunk to notice her gone now. They are still probably thinking she's with Drew. Before she left Drew, her friends were not within sight so they were probably busy dancing on the dance floor.

 

"Sorry I ruined your night." Anna said. Instead of the boys probably enjoying their night to have fun meeting up with their friends, they are now taking her home. She was looked at Youngjae apologetically.

 

Youngjae just shrugged calmly, he seemed more happy that he is going home actually. He had just gotten his driver's license not too long ago and a new car. So he probably enjoys driving around than staying at home. "Nah, it's okay. It was Jackson-hyung who wanted to go out."

 

Anna accidentally bumped into Jackson's back because he abruptly stopped. She mumbled sorry and quickly steps back.

 

"Damn it." Jackson cursed under his breath. He turns around, still grasping on Anna's wrist when she tries to wiggle free. He looks at Youngjae, "Can you go back inside and tell Jiwoon-hyung that we have to go home. Tell him i wasn't feeling well or something."

 

Youngjae nods. He smiles at Anna, "Goodnight, noona. Don't drink too much next time, arasoyo?" Youngjae said.

 

Anna sighs, now she understands why Jackson is holding on to her. It's because she was having a hard time standing straight. "Okay." Then she waves at Youngjae when he put his mask back on to walk back to the club from where they walked in.

 

She turns to Jackson and looked like she was about to cry, he didn't say anything but he just kept walking pulling her along. "Thank you Jackson and Im sorry. Please don't be mad at me." She knows that his hand hurt becomes he shoved it inside his sweatshirt.

 

He sighed, "I'm not mad Anna-noona. I'm just thankful that Youngjae saw you being followed and we got there in time." He couldn't finish the sentence and he held on her wrist tighter.

 

She didn't fight anymore. She wanted to go home anyway. "I was serious Jackson. I would have handled it."

 

Jackson clenched his teeth, "Well, still if we didn't get there on time. He was lucky, I would have broken him." He shakes his head trying to take out the image if anything bad would have happened. 

 

"I am so sorry Jackson. Just don't tell Mark about this please." She begged. She already know how Mark is going to react to this. He is going to blame himself and hate himself for the boyfriend he is turning to. Or how he could neglect her like that when it's actually the first time that he had suggested that she should go out this late instead of staying home.

 

Jackson stopped walking and he turned to look at her, "Noona," he said exasperatedly. He had planned to tell Mark to take better care of his girlfriend or just tell him off really.

 

She takes a step forward and holds on to his arm. "Please. I just know he is gonna beat himself for this. He already has alot of things on his mind... I don't want to be a bother." She begged.

 

He stares at her and a few seconds of silence. He gave up. "Fine, noona you win."

 

She jumped into his arms and she hugged him tightly. "Thank you, Jacksonie..."

 

"Let's take you home, noona."


A/N
Okkaaay im going to continue the story. Just comment on here if you like it or not or hate it pleaase?
Thaanks for subbing to the story! Fighttingfgg! :)