Chapter 7

Magical lives are made of this.

"That’s 10 points more for Ravenclaw!" The caster announced through the microphone.

Roro hugged herself on her scarf while looking at Chanyeol’s angry face. Minho was screaming something at him and by the looks of it, it wasn’t anything nice. If she was being completely honest, the Keeper was giving a poor performance that day. He had missed two easy shots and almost lost balance of his broom twice. She scrunched her nose thinking about what could have been wrong with him. Chanyeol was a really good Keeper, he had been since his second year when he was admitted into the team, and he seemed excited and ready at the breakfast table that morning. She sighed when Ravenclaw earned another ten points.

"Hmm… I thought Chan would be really great." Victoria commented next to her "He used to be so obsessed with Quidditch I wasn’t surprised when he told me he had made it into the team."

"He usually is." Roro snapped being ruder than she intended "I mean, something must be up with him today" she corrected "because he’s usually the best Keeper."

"I’m glad to see he has friends who defend him so earnestly." Victoria smiled sweetly. "For a while after he moved I was afraid he wouldn’t fit in, being Asian and all that." she explained.

"I don’t think he never had problems making friends, to be honest" Roro answered following Jongdae’s silhouette speeding in front of them. "As far as I know, he made an instant connection with Dae and Baek."

"Well, yeah… but he was so worried at the beginning, it was kind of cute" she giggled making Roro look at her. "I’m sorry, is just that we had known each other for all our lives." she explained smiling. "We were supposed to go to Mahoutokoro together and all that jazz, but then, I mean something came up and…"

"His parents, right?" Roro said making Victoria look at her with a surprised expression "He told me about it, he looked really sad…" she continued with a small voice.

"He really was, it destroyed him and Yoora. I still remember how much he cried the day he moved, both of us cried a lot…" she said with a small voice. "We used to send owls to each other all the time, it was our way to keep in touch and not feel so lonely."

"It’s nice that you guys kept that friendship, I’m sure you helped him a lot." Roro said gratefully.

"Well, yeah… we stopped after, ermmm, an incident so to speak…" Victoria turned her eyes to the match again with scarlet cheeks.

"Oh… I’m sorry" Roro answered with furrowed eyebrows "but you are speaking again, that’s nice!"

"Well yeah, I mean, it was me who stopped." She explained "I mean, how do you react when someone you have known all your life tells you he’s in love with you, right? and he was so far…" She sighed heavily looking at Chanyeol. At that very same moment Roro felt her heart sank into the deep of herself. It’s not like she hadn’t supposed so, Victoria was undoubtedly beautiful, of course anyone would fall for her. However, she had kept a small hope it had been just a nice friendship what they had. She swallowed the lump on and showed a small smile.

"I’m sure you didn’t intend on hurting him…"

"Oh no, no! Not at all! I mean, there were a lot of things going on" Victoria smiled sadly "if I had known how a handsome and hot boy he was going to become, I would have surely accept, distance and all!" She joked elbowing Roro on her ribs. Victoria kept giggling however Roro found it not funny at all. Of course Chanyeol was handsome, but he was much more than that! She knew Victoria was joking but implying that just because someone was not hot they didn’t deserve to be loved or liked back was outrageous.

Roro was about to answer her explaining how it wasn’t funny what she was implying when the collective gasp surprised her, being followed by the caster’s loud voice.

"RAVEEEENCLAW WINS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!! YU CATCHES THE SNITCH AND BRINGS THE FIRST VICTORY TO THE BLUE HOUSE!! 150 POINTS TO RAVENCLAW!!"

 

Well, wasn’t that wicked. Roro huffed but applauded nonetheless. She was happy for her best friend but felt bitter for her House and friends too. She looked for her brother and the Keeper to try and decipher their moods but the Gryffindor players were already heading back to the lockers.

"We should hurry up and meet them outside." Roro told Victoria and left without waiting for the Asian girl.

 

 

 

Yu was putting her broomstick inside the closet in the Ravenclaw’s locker room when her boyfriend appeared out of nowhere.

"Is it a plane? Is it The Flash? NO! It’s Yu catching the Snitch!" He joked while hugging her and spinning her around. She giggled.

"Well, that’s one muggle reference I know!" She answered smiling brightly.

"I can see you are more than happy this is over so, I’m not going to talk about how great you were again today, I promise." He winked at her and Yu kissed his cheek.

"Thank you very much, Troll-face!" she picked her bag to get going "However, I will let you treat me tomorrow to some of that marshmallow tea your grandma sends you." she smiled cheekily.

"Tomorrow?"

"Yeah, you promised to help me with my Herbology paper, remember? Because I’m being a great girlfriend and helping you with the Championship."

"Oh, yeah… tomorrow…"

"Yixing?" she asked with a suspicious look. "What is it?" she stopped to look at him intently.

"Well, I kind of have agreed to join two Slytherins in their Potion’s study session" he winced "but I’m sure I can cancel!" He hurriedly explained. Yu stayed there looking at him with a stern expression for a little while. Then she shrugged and kept walking.

"It’s okay, I’m sure you will have time to meet with all of us, Mr. Popularity" she making the boy roll his eyes and follow her.

"I’m not Popular!" He whined taking his girlfriend hand into his own and hitting her shoulder in a jokingly way.

Yu smiled again and they made their way to the Castle. She had to cherish these happy moments since after the Winter break Yixing would began the Championship and they both would be too busy to spend too much time together. Not to mention, he was going to be risking his own life. Something she decided to erase from her mind until it was inevitable to think about it. For now, focusing on their victory and the delicious taste of Yixing Grandma’s tea was enough to get all the troubles out of her mind.

 

 

A place where the atmosphere wasn’t so happy was outside the Gryffindor’s locker room. Roro was there, with Victoria, waiting for her brother and his best-friend. Almost all the players had gone out, all looking gloomy and tired. However, Jongdae, Chanyeol and Minho, the Team’s captain, were still inside. Both girls looked at the door with a worried expression.

After what felt like hours but were just mere minutes, Minho’s silhouette was seen getting out. He looked worst than the others had looked, madder than the others too. He took his bag and with an angry huff left the place with big steps. Roro wondered what had happened inside to make the Captain so mad. He was known to be strict and a sore loser when it came to Quidditch but she had never seen him take a defeat that bad. Her wonders were answered just a minute later when the two boys they were waiting for appeared.

"Oh! So then, obviously, it is MY FAULT?!" Chanyeol asked angrily to his friend.

"DUH! I already answered that, you airhead!" Jongdae answered without looking back at Chanyeol.

"You are making it personal and it’s not fair!" The giant complained to his friend stomping his bag on the ground.

"BECAUSE IT’S PERSONAL TO ME!" Dae faced him shouting.

"Don’t. Shout. To. Me." Chanyeol answered with gritted teeth.

Roro looked at the scene with hanged opened. What the hell was going on? It was just a defeat! She decided to intervene the moment she saw Dae getting his hand near his wand.

"Okay, okay, OKAY! That’s enough! Both of you!" she pointed at them taking their attention. "It’s just a defeat! You should be ashamed! You are best friends for God’s sake!" she said with an angry tone.

"Roro" her brother began "I love you but please stay out of this." he asked her with a stern voice.

"No."

"I’m serious, stay out of this!"

"Stop yelling at her!" Chanyeol retorted to him. "She’s not to blame either!" he defended the Gryffindor girl.

"Stop talking about her like you have any rights!" Dae shouted back.

"She’s your sister!"

"Exactly! THANKS FOR MAKING MY POINT!" Dae said turning around with an angry huff. "She is my sister, so you should BACK OFF!"

"Dae…" Roro began to talk with a small voice but was interrupted by Chanyeol.

"C’mon Jong, let me explain myself, PLEASE!"

But Jongdae didn’t say anything else. Instead, he began angrily walking towards the Castle without looking back at them. Roro was  speechless. Her step-brother was a sore loser too but to this extent? Never. Besides, it was really difficult to make Dae angry, like really, really mad. She had seen it just twice before and it was scary which worried her about what had happened to make him like that. She turned around to look at the Gryffindor Keeper waiting for answers.

"What the freaking hell happened Chanyeol?" she asked with a worried and hurt expression. The tall boy just sighed and shrugged.

"It’s not your business Roro." He said sounding defeated. "I’m really sorry… I just want to be alone, sorry…"

Chanyeol began running towards the Castle, the same path Jongdae had gone, leaving her worried and quite angry at both of them. She wanted to go after them and try to figure out what was happening but at the same time she was hurt by both of them. So, she was left there looking at the ground while trying to regulate her breathing and not really aware of Victoria running in the same direction Chanyeol did. She decided that maybe walking around for a bit would be the best way to calm her down, since the kitchens would be busy right now and there was too many people around that part of the Castle to get in there without being questioned about it.

She had never seen her brother and best friend argue about anything, never. They always seemed to work things out just fine, she hoped it will be that easy this time though something told her it wasn’t going to be.

 

 

Mina was getting desperate. That was the only way to put it because they had been searching inside the bathroom for the last hour and a half with zero progress on their investigation. She huffed angrily getting up after looking behind the toilets for the third time.

"I really don’t want to say this but maybe there’s nothing here…" she admitted with a tired sight to Baekhyun who was checking the sinks again.

"Well, we have tried Revelio, Accio and another bunch of spells… So it pains me to agree with you." he said looking at the girl with a sad smile.

"Maybe they take everything with them when they leave." Mina pondered.

"Yeah… or maybe they are just making out in here and we won’t find anything even if we turn this place upside down." Baekhyun looked at her with a comprehensive eyes. "Look Mina, I know you want to find something, some reason as to why they are doing what they are doing but maybe they are just really mean people who had been brainwashed by their Pureblood families…" the boy got closer to her explaining his reasoning with a clear but soft voice. He wouldn’t like to upset Mina.

"I know but, what about all those strange things? How can they have changed so much in such short time? I mean, it is suspicious!"

"Of course it is." Baek admitted "That’s why we came here to investigate but there is obviously nothing in here." he flicked his wand around pointing to the space where they had been searching.

Suddenly the green wood of the stall next to them began glowing in a fluorescent green light. Both teens looked at each other with surprised expressions and wide eyes. Baekhyun flicked his wand nearer of the stall this time and Mina got closer to see what the glowing was about. It was a handprint. As  if someone had hang on the wood stall and let their handprint there. The only weird thing about it, it was glowing when the wand got close.

"What is this?" Mina voiced her thoughts. Baekhyun got close too and touched the weird glowing print. "What are you doing?!" Mina asked hysterical. "It can be poisonous or something!" she took Baekhyun’s hand in her own and began examining it for any sign of damage. His hands were bigger than hers and even if they were rougher, they still had a thin complexion. They looked like pianist hands. She stood there, examining his hand, longer than it was needed and when she realized she was staring her face turned bright red. She let go of the hand quickly. Baekhyun cleared his throat avoiding eye contact and brought his hand to his nose, smelling it a few times.

"I knew it!" He startled Mina with a winning smile. "It’s Knotgrass! It glows when a magical object gets near it. Professor Sprout said so during our last Herbology lesson. But…" he looked confused for a second.

"What?"

"Well, the only place aside from the Storage room where you can find Knotgrass at Hogwarts, it’s inside the Forbidden Forest…"

"Does that mean Purtrefs and Leveratag have been going into the Forbidden Forest?"

"Well, it could be that or they took it from the storage room." He pointed at the handprint again. "It’s impossible for this to be a normal amount of Knotgrass since it usually doesn’t stain unless used in big quantities…"

"Well, it makes sense right?" Mina said excited. "If they are doing something illegal, the Forbidden Forest would be the perfect place to do it! Maybe they run into one big patch of Knotgrass and that’s how their hands got dirty…"

"It could be an explanation or maybe they are using it for something."

"What can you do with Knotgrass?" Mina asked the prefect boy.

"Well, there a lot of potions that use Knotgrass though none of them are illegal as to brew them in the hidden…" Baekhyun furrowed trying to think hard for an explanation.

"Mead!" Mina said suddenly shaking the boy. "Knotgrass mead! Hagrid told me once it was his favorite alcoholic drink! That’s it!" she beamed back at the Prefect.

"What? Do you think they are brewing Knotgrass mead here and what? Selling it to other students?"

"Maybe… maybe they have a problem with alcohol, that’s why they had changed with their friends, I heard my mom saying that an addiction can change a person… Or maybe the pressure from their families was too much." she speculated.

"But, it won’t explain why they are so keen on bullying you and I have never seen them close to drunk, those two." Baekhyun explained making Mina’s smile fall. "The selling hypothesis however could be perfectly good. Maybe they are making money out of this… I know for a fact that their families are really strict, so they don’t have much freedom to spend money."

Both Slytherins stood there thinking for a while but since neither of them could come up with a better explanation, for now, and they had a possible theory they decided to leave at that and go back to the Great Hall because it was almost lunch time. They also decided to be alert and ask around for information about the Knotgrass mead traffic (if there was one, to begin with). Mina was super excited about everything. She felt like a real detective. Like a journalist trying to haunt a story to make the front page, revealing the mystery for everyone to be aware of those mean people. Obviously she was a bit afraid of the two older Slytherins (and she would never admit she was a bit disappointed it hadn’t been something worse) but the fear was buried by the excitement of finding the truth.

She was so excited she didn’t notice when everyone looked at them when they got in the Great Hall together and sat down to have lunch with Sehun. Mina saw Baek looking around the room as if he was looking for someone.

"Lost someone?" She joked serving herself some pumpkin juice.

"I was trying to find Dae and Yeol to ask them about the match but I don’t see them around the Gryffindor table." he sat down again.

"They lost." Sehun provided them with the information after swallowing a big chunk of onion pie. "Ravenclaw crushed them since Gryffindor’s Keeper played really bad" he explained.

"Really?" Baek’s eyebrows got high up his face. "Chanyeol looked just fine this morning…" the other Slytherin shrugged.

"Oh, there’s Roro!" Mina pointed to the entrance where her best friend was walking with another boy, smiling and joking "and… a Hufflepuff boy." she announced surprised. "I didn’t know she had friends in Hufflepuff."

"Isn’t that your friend Sehun?" Baek asked after seeing what Mina meant. "Jongen was it?"

"Jongin." The Slytherin boy answered without removing his eyes from the table "and he is not my friend. At least not anymore." he huffed, got up and left.

Mina and Baekhyun looked at each other with confused eyes but shrugged after some minutes and kept eating. It wasn’t their business if the two friends were mad at each other and, anyways, Sehun had always been really reserved about his life so they got used to not pry. It was what it was.

 

 

 

I'm sorry! ( / _ \ ) 

I had no intention to be this late with the update! :( But as always, life gets in the way ^^' 

However, here I am again! And I came back with a bit more of drama ( > . <)! 

I've also reached 250+ views which is quite amazing to me! And Thank you so much from the bottom of my heart to the lovely reader who commented last time and upvoted <3 It cheered me up a lot! So now, even if it's just for you I'll update regularly (or at least I'll try to! :D )

So, Dae & Yeol argued... but about what exactly? And what's going on in that Bathroom? Does Sehun hate Jongin now? Why? :O 

We'll see! :3

You can also finde me here ask & Twitter!!

Bye! (/ - \)♥