Chapter 21

Magical lives are made of this.

This update was supposed to happen yesterday when I got home from work. However, my family decided to surprise me by visiting for my Bday (we live in different cities 3h apart) and we went to have dinner&drinks :)

Thank you for answering my question (If you haven't please, please go to the last chapter and do it!) :) 

ENJOY!


Yixing was walking alone to the dorms after dinner. Yu had gone to the library with Kyungsoo because he had asked for help. Something about the investigation he needed help to confirm. Yixing would have liked to spend some time with his girlfriend or to be able to help but between school, the last trial of the Championship coming closer without a clue of what it was going to be and the investigation on Leveratag and Purtrefs, his days were too short to accommodate everything. Yu had insisted him to go back and rest. He was on his way to do exactly that when Professor Narcissus intercepted him.

“Ah Mr.Zhang!” he said making Yixing stop and turned around. “I was looking for you.”

“Is something wrong Sir?”

“Not at all my boy.” Professor Narcius smiled. “However, you should come with me, your task for the last trial has been settled so we need to discuss it.”

Yixing’s heart began to beat very fast.

To win or to lose.

This was it.



 

She knew exactly where to find him. Roro was grateful that Chanyeol had given her time to be reunited with her friends. The tall Gryffindor had only waved and grinned at her during lunch when she had made her reappearance. Her friends had automatically took her away, asking questions about how she was holding up. Roro thought it was going to be harder to explain everything however after speaking with Dae and spending the rest of the morning with Isha she felt at ease. Mina scolded her for not talking to them when the Headmistress had told her and Yu hit her forehead for thinking she was a monster. Despite their reactions, both her friends held her hands tightly. After that, they had parted ways to their respective lessons and she had been busy the rest of the day with Linda updating her with homework and assignments.

She had just got up into the Astronomy Tower when she saw Chanyeol. The boy was sitting in the same spot they were just a couple days ago. The same place where she had told him what a monster she felt. They had a pending conversation and after all the running and avoiding him, she thought it was enough. If her mother’s death had taught her something it had been not to run away from the things you were afraid to confront. An uncomfortable confrontation was one thousand times better than a life full of regrets. That was going to be her new motto.

“You know, for such a big and safe school they should do something about this place. It is far too easy to sneak in here.” She said to the boy’s back. Chanyeol turned around and raised an eyebrow at her.

“Would you do that to me? Remove my safe place for safety?”

“Nah, there is a reason why I wasn’t appointed Prefect.” She answered taking a seat next to him and making the boy laugh.

“I can see that.” He smiled kindly at her and she felt her heart skip a beat. “I know you’ve probably been asked this a hundred times today but, how are you holding up?”

There was a deep concern on Chanyeol’s features that made her want to squeeze the boy and take away all that worry.

“I’m fine.” She shrugged. “It’s gonna take some time but I’ll get better eventually.” She smiled back at him and Chanyeol nodded turning his face to look out to the starry sky. “I promised you a conversation when I’d be back.” Roro said softly, almost afraid to disturb the quiet and peace of the place.

“That you did.” Chanyeol kept looking at the sky. “I thought I would be more prepared after having days to think about what to say but, in all honesty, I’m terrified.” He smiled tightly.

“That makes two of us.”

There were a couple seconds of silence. The wind crossing through the Tower the only sound around them. Roro felt her heart beat so fast she was afraid Chanyeol was able to hear it too. The Gryffindor Keeper had his eyes fixed on the sky and his eyebrows were frowned as if he was thinking hard how to say what was on his mind. Roro decided to end their distress.

“I’m sorry for eavesdropping on a private conversation.” That made Chanyeol’s face turn to look at her, eyebrows still frowned. “I was actually going back to retrieve my book…and talk to you.” That seemed to surprise him.

“You wanted to talk?”

“Yes but when I arrived you two were there and I was going to come back on the morning when I heard what you were saying.” She sighed while Chanyeol kept looking at her with those intense eyes. “I mean, I don’t think it needs to be said after all this drama but I obviously like you.”

Roro could hear her heartbeat on her ears roaring. She was sure she was going to pass out due to the nerves and stress on her body. She kept avoiding Chanyeol’s eyes. The Gryffindor boy didn’t say anything for a while but then he sighed deeply.

“I told Victoria I wanted to confess to you. That’s what you didn’t hear that night.” Roro’s head snapped up to look at the boy.

Chanyeol’s face was vermillion as if he had been playing Quidditch for hours non-stop. He was biting his lower lip and his left pinky was twitching probably because he didn’t know what to do with it. Roro knew she was gaping like a fish but couldn’t care anymore.

“You said you were happy when she confessed…”

“I was happy she was able to admit it and wasn’t going to keep lying to me. If there is one thing I despise more than anything are lies. Victoria had been really strange even though I had tried to be her friend and I was pissed at her. I just wanted her to be honest.” Chanyeol shrugged. “I thought it was obvious I was interested in you…” He looked away from her again. Roro chuckled.

“I thought I was being obvious too.”

They looked at each other for a moment and burst out laughing. After they calmed down Chanyeol looked at her smiling brightly.

“Does it sound really cheesy if I ask you to date me here?” He questioned looking around them.

“A bit but I don’t mind.” Roro giggled.

However her giggles stopped the moment she felt Chanyeol’s fingers brushing against her skin again. She held up her breath. The Gryffindor boy was looking at her as if she was some wonder and her heart couldn’t take so many emotions at the same time. She wasn’t aware of how fast they were leaning into each other’s face until her lips were millimeters away from Chanyeol’s. In a brave move she didn’t know where it came from she closed the small distance between them and clashed their lips together.

As most people her age Roro had always wondered about how her first, real kiss would be like. She obviously knew that all those fireworks and the world stopping around people stuff was fictional but she wasn’t prepared for the rush of emotions that were running through her body. Chanyeol’s lips were plump and soft. His whole hand was now holding her face, he had such big hands that he almost covered all her face. The boy was only pressing their lips together but apparently Roro had eaten bravery for dinner since she lightly bit onto Chanyeol’s lower lip and when their mouths opened she felt the boys tongue enter. It was a very shy movement but a lot wetter than before. She could feel her insides burning with something she wasn’t able to identify and in another bold move, because it was all about those that night, she got closer to the boy pressing their chests together. Chanyeol angled his face to the side to had more leverage to kiss her. Roro felt herself, more than heard herself, let a soft whine when they separated for air.

Chanyeol’s face was flushed, she herself knew was blushing madly. Their eyes shining and both gasping for air.

“I’m gonna take it as a yes.” Chanyeol whispered smirking. Roro smiled softly and snuggled her face into his hand.

“I can’t believe I’m living the oldest cliché of all time, dating my brother’s best friend.” She huffed but began to laugh when Chanyeol’s face became paler.

“He is going to murder me now.” The Gryffindor boy groaned pressing their foreheads together. Roro chuckled and pecked his lips making the boy smile.

“He is not. He loves me too much to do that.” Chanyeol whined once more before kissing her again.

 

Roro didn’t know how long they were there hugging and kissing each other but Chanyeol insisted on going back to the dorms when their hands began to feel cold due to the chilly air on the Tower. After all it was only the beginning of March.

“When did you start liking me?” They were walking back, hand in hand, and Roro had been dying to ask that. There weren’t many students because of the curfew. Some were coming back from the Library, others were strolling around the Castle and most of them didn’t pay attention to their hands. However, a couple of fourth-year Hufflepuffs did look at them giggling and gossiping. Roro didn’t care, she knew what she was getting into and right now she felt so light that the gossips and talks were nothing to her.

Chanyeol raised an eyebrow at her question and smirked. “Fishing for compliments?” He and Roro stuck out her tongue to him. He chuckled before answering. “I can’t point out the exact second it happened but I first began to notice you the summer before my Fourth Year.” Roro looked at him with a gaping expression. Chanyeol laughed. “What? It’s true!” She kept looking at him with an incredulous look. “At first I thought it was hormones, you know. Growing up and all that stuff but then I began to feel nervous around you and when we were back at Hogwarts some people began to confess to me and I just didn’t feel like it was right. That’s when I knew I had it bad.” He snorted when Roro’s cheeks turned bright red. Chanyeol could feel his face a bit warm too.

“Why didn’t you say anything before?” She asked softly now. They were nearing their dorms. Chanyeol shrugged.

“It took me some time to acknowledge the feelings. I mean, I thought I had a crush and would be done with it soon. Baekhyun was the first one to find out, apparently I looked at you all the time.” He shook his head to cover his embarrassment. “Telling Dae was harder” He gulped as if remembering it. “I thought he would be mad at me, he would turn into Big Bro and that stuff but he only threatened me and said I should play it cool around you or I was going to weird you out.”

“I never felt any of that.” Roro frowned a bit disappointed at her own obliviousness.

“Thank God, I would have died of embarrassment.” Chanyeol laughed making Roro smile. His smile turned into a smirk seconds later. “So, how about you? When did you find out?”

Roro’s face turned red again. She looked away and shrugged.

“It was always kind of there. Trust me, I tried to stop because I thought I was being stupid and, I don’t know, kind of saving myself the heartache.” She felt Chanyeol squeeze her hand tighter. “I had decided to get over you this year,” she snorted “then you offered to tutor me and I thought I may had a chance.”

“Turns out you did.” He smiled softly. Roro stopped on her tracks suddenly. They were in front of Gryffindor dorms. “What’s wrong?” Chanyeol asked confused.

“I was so focused on our conversation I forgot to talk to Xiumin!” The girl hit her forehead with her palm. Chanyeol stiffed at the name.

“What do you need to talk with him?” He asked not letting her hand go. “It’s almost curfew.” Roro looked at him with an amused smile on her face. “What?” He frowned.

“Even if jealousy looks cute on you, I expect to be trusted, Mr.Park” she scolded him half joking. Chanyeol sighed.

“Well, he likes you.”

“And I like you.”

Chanyeol looked at her with soft eyes again. She was smiling again so brightly he felt his heart speed up again. “I know” he whispered. “But I sometimes think he would be better for you, like you would match better and avoid all this heartache.” He said echoing her previous words. Roro got closer and hugged him, their hands still intertwined.

“Even if I know it comes from a warm place of your heart, I’m my own person and I take my own decisions. Don’t decide I’m better without you by yourself. It’s not fair.” Chanyeol squeezed her towards him and kissed the top of her head. “It’s also absurd and a lie, just so you know.”

The Gryffindor boy laughed and they stood there for a moment, hugging and enjoying the proximity. Roro was amazed by how natural it felt, how good it felt to be able to be like this with no restraints.

“Anyway, I can talk to him tomorrow morning.” She shrugged. “I’m tired and I can sense Jongdae’s presence behind the door waiting to know all about this” she pointed between them. Chanyeol groaned at this and a loud laugh was heard from behind the Fat Lady’s portrait.



 

Yu was running towards the kitchen after her Quidditch practice. She was still wearing her uniform but it didn’t matter. They were supposed to meet fifteen minutes ago and she didn’t like to be late (even if she was late all the time). Since Professor Narcissus had briefed Yixing on his last trial she had been helping him at the library, going through complex and complicated potion books, making notes for him, making sure he ate and slept. It was a change in their relationship since it was usually Yixing who took care of her.

With all of that going on, her studies and her parents sending her letter after letter wanting to talk things out, she was stressed and distracted all the time. Last night, in her intent of helping her boyfriend, she messed up a potion Yixing had been working on for two days. He was a bit upset but didn’t tell her anything, he asked if she was okay when she had tripped over the cauldron spilling all the contents out. She felt him tense and sighed but he didn’t scold her or anything. He even said there was still time and he could do it from scratch again. She had apologized profusely and he smiled at her, which only made her feel worse, but asked her to go and get some rest. They had been together long enough that she knew that was his polite way of asking her to leave him alone and not mess up anything else. It was one of the reasons why their relationship was so great, they completed each other. Where Yu was raging fire and emotion, Yixing was ice cold calm and sense. It didn’t hurt that he was able to tell her the necessary truths to her face. Sure, he lied sometimes like last night to protect her, but she understood it was because, in reality, he didn’t think it was that big of a deal. She was so lost in thought that she almost missed the turn to the stairs.

When she arrived to the kitchen everyone was gathered there, sitting on the floor around a confident Jongin and a nervous looking Sehun. She saw Mina resting her head on Baekhyun’s shoulder with closed eyes while the boy was talking lively with Kyungsoo, Jongdae and Chanyeol. Roro was resting her back against Chanyeol’s chest, seated between the Keeper’s legs. Yu remembers how red she was the morning before when she explained what happened between them. Xiumin, Isha, Suho and her where engrossed in a conversation about protective spells. The little Elf looked very excited about it.

Yu looked around the small pantry trying to locate her boyfriend who was sitting with his back against the hard wall and reading a book. She waved hello to everyone and kissed him after sitting next to him.

“Did I miss everything?” She asked no one in particular.

“We were waiting for you” Yixing smiled to her, closing the book and throwing his arm around her shoulders. “Jongin says Sehun has something to tell us.”

“He does.” Jongin took the lead on the conversation and gently pushed Sehun to the middle of the semicircle. “It’s okay, just tell them.”

Sehun looked everyone in the eye and said.

“There is a faction of Death Eaters who are trying to bring back the Dark Lord.”

The silence after that sentence left his mouth was deafening. Suddenly all of them began to talk at the same time. Amidst all the chaos Jongdae stood up.

“CALM DOWN!”

Everyone settled instantly and the Gryffindor boy looked at Sehun.

“How do you know that? Because if it’s a joke…”

“It’s not a joke!” Jongin was quick to defend his friend. “Let him explain.”

Jongdae nodded and sat again while Sehun sighed. Took a deep breath and began talking again.

“My Dad is part of them.” He winced when he heard the gasps. “I’m not like him, I swear! But it’s not like I can do a lot.” He shrugged. “At the end of summer, he told me I had to stop being friends with any muggleborn at school. Then, weird people began to visit us at home and a week before coming back he told me I had to be friends with Leveratag and Purtrefs because they had been commended a very important mission and I had to help them anyway I could.” Sehun was trembling while retelling his dad’s words and the pantry was in complete silence. “I told him he was making a big mistake and that I didn’t want to stop being friends with Jongin. He said if he found out about me not following his orders he would make sure Jongin and his family suffered.” Jongin took Sehun’s hand into his and squeezed hard. “That’s why I pushed him away and I couldn’t say anything to the Headmistress because I have no proof. But I can’t keep going on like this, I can’t…” He was sobbing, fat tears running through his cheeks.

“We need to help him and alert the Headmistress.” Jongin said looking at everyone.

“She’s not going to believe us.” Suho countered. “Even if she was involved in the Second Wizarding War, she won’t just believe us.”

“Besides, your dad could still harm Jongin’s family if McGonagall asks him about this and she would have to do so to confirm this is not a lie or a teenager’s version of a tantrum.” Kyungsoo backed Suho.

“But we have to do something!” Mina said.

“We need proofs.” Chanyeol said printing everyone to look at him. “ We find out what their mission in the school is, find proof of that and then we go to McGonagall and explain everything.”

“That’s great and all but we haven’t even been able to prove what they were doing in the toilets, how are we going to prove they are on a secret dark mission?” Xiumin asked snorting.

“That’s it!” Yixing said startling everyone. “We must know what they were doing and we can bring them before McGonagall with that excuse. She would have to investigate them and, surely, she will find something else.”

“How do we do that? We’ve been stuck with nothing so far.” Yu raised an eyebrow to her boyfriend.

“Sehun can help us with that.”

“The only thing I know is that they have been stealing from the supply room but I don’t know why.”

The pantry was enveloped by silence again.

“We need to keep looking and you have to try and see if you can find out what they are trying to achieve.” Jongdae said.

 

Everyone nodded and Roro sighed.

Even with Chanyeol’s arms around her, this was not how she envisioned her fifth year was going to be like.


THERE IT IS! <3

I remember how nervous I was about this chapter turning up good enough but I'm so proud with the result! 

I didn't want to be all cheesy and giggly about first kisses but, at the same time, I wanted to give it the proper atenttion and meaning it has!

It's funny because when I let my fiancé read this to see if it worked, he was amused at how "teen" it all sounded (which was exactly my point so, GREAT!).

Thoughts? Questions? Here we are, closer to the End but still far away to be safe ;) 

Love,

R.