Chapter 3

Magical lives are made of this.

"I can’t believe Professor Nox is making us work so much" Mina whined while scrambling on her paper some more.

"It’s just been a month and you are already complaining" Yu reprimanded her friend "I, for one, am glad he told us in advance of this project, Quidditch season begins in a month and that means my time will be cut short" she sighed looking through her copy of The Dream Oracle.

The girls were taking advantage of the last sunlight for the day. The first days of October had arrived and with them the chilly wind and clouds were always hanging up in the sky, making the sun a weird sight lately. The three of them were working on their homework sitting on the small steps near the garden. Though it was chilly it wasn’t extremely windy so they decided to breath some fresh air. Most of the students were either at the Great Hall or the Library, some of them hanging at their own Common Rooms. That was one of the downsides of being in different houses. It wasn’t that they couldn’t get into other House’s Common Rooms if they were with one person of said House but it wasn’t either the most seen scene. That, and the fact the Common Rooms were always quite crowded forced the girls to look for new, quiet spaces.

While Yu and Mina worked on their Divination essay, Roro was devouring her second Chocoball and scrambling on her essay about Bowtruckles for Care of Magical Creatures.

"Roro, Bowtruckles can be found in southern Germany not northern Italy!" Yu corrected her friend making her frown.

"Same difference!"

"Eh… no?" Yu continued looking up from her book with a frown of herself "For instance, they are completely different countries!"

"Okay, okay…" Roro said changing the words "There, southern Germany" she showed Yu the paper "Happy?"

"Very much, thank you" Yu answered poking her tongue at Roro.

"You know" Mina interrupted their banter "I don’t get why did you choose Divination Yu."

"Well...because I like it, why else?"

"Mina has a point" Roro supported her friend "I’ve always thought you are quite... skeptical" she mumbled going back to her paper.

"Yeah! It’s not really like you to believe in things like fate and the stars."

"I never said I believe in it" Yu began writing some notes from her book "I just find it enjoyable" she explained surprising both of her friends.

"I guess you can never judge a book by its cover…"

"Exactly" Yu said with a satisfied smile.

"Well, I’m quite sure the fact that Professor Nox is a handsome centaur has nothing to do with you choosing it" Roro sent her friend a cheeky smile.

"Obviously not" Yu said smiling a bit more and making her friends laugh.

Their afternoon went on like that, talking and finishing homework before leaving for dinner on the Great Hall.


 

The beginning of October meant that Quidditch season was a month away which also meant the Quidditch teams began training. After the trials to get in the team were done, Captains made sure the players had enough time to prepare by forcing them to train at any available moment. That is the reason why Yu, being Seeker for Ravenclaw, was running through the corridors to get to the Quidditch Pitch as soon as possible. It was 6:45 in the morning but Camile, their captain, always booked to practice even before breakfast was served. That way, they would have the rest of the day to focus on their studies and “besides, if you start your day working out you’d be more productive on your studies”. A true Ravenclaw at heart, she was.

"I’m here!" Yu shouted while she rested her hands on her knees taking deep breaths.

The rest of the team were there talking to each other while the captain had a chat with the two new Chasers. They were second years students who had excelled on the trials but they looked far from the confident players they had been two weeks ago.

"It’s okay Yu, we are waiting for Markus to bring the equipment anyway" her captain smiled at her. Yu showed her a thumbs up and some minutes later they began training. When practice finished, Camille gave all of them some pointers and let them go to have something to eat and change into their school uniforms.

Yu was walking to the Ravenclaw tower on the west side of the castle when she heard her name being called. She turned around to be greeted by Yixing carrying a book on his hand and walking to her with a small smile on his face.

"Hey! I thought you would be at class already" Yu said while he kissed her shortly as a way of greeting.

"I have Potions with Professor Narcius so, I can afford to be a bit late. Besides, I’m his best and favorite student so, I’m safe" he winked at her making the girl giggle.

"Pride of the Ravenclaws, I see…" Yu joked nodding.

"Anyway, I wanted to catch you before class because I figured you would need this" he said handing her the book on his hand. She looked at it and made a surprised face.

"Why would I need a Rune Dictionary?" she asked him confused.

"Well, that’s exactly what I thought this morning when it came with the morning post and Ruffles gave it to me since you couldn’t be there" he explained noticing how Yu’s expression got somber "I found it strange too so, I read the letter attached to be sure it was for you" he handed her the piece of paper.

Yu opened it and she let out a small gasp when she recognized her mother’s calligraphy.

Dear Yu,

I’ve noticed you had forget this when you packed for Hogwarts last month. It was inside your closet in your room. Now, I’m sure you had been looking for it like crazy since you insisted it was the only book you were lacking for you Ancient Runes Studies lesson. I can’t begin to understand what was it doing in your closet! My silly girl…

As always, mom is here to help you with your forgetful head.

We all hope you are having a nice beginning of term at Hogwarts and we expect you to keep excelling at everything.

Love,

Mother & Father.

 

Silence surrounded both teens while Yu didn’t dare to look up from the letter, Yixing couldn’t take his eyes away from his girlfriend’s expression. He felt bad for being this harsh on her, moreover after her Quidditch practice, but he couldn’t help and feel disappointed too.

"So, care to explain why your mother thinks you are taking Ancient Runes?" he asked with a bit of impatience in his voice, crossing his arms.

"I… I don’t know…" she said with a small voice.

"Oh, then the only thing you have to do is write back and tell her she was wrong" he said pressuring her "Here, I have paper and a quill" he turned to look into his bag. Yu’s eyes opened wide.

"NO!" she screamed with panic "I mean, Yixing I…"

"You told them you were taking Runes instead of Divination, right?" he said with an accusatory tone.

"I know it’s wrong but…"

"But nothing Yu!" he interrupted her "You are lying to your parents and what’s worse is that I would lie for you if necessary too! But it’s not necessary because you should be able to tell them it’s your life!" he was getting angrier the more he thought about it.

"I KNOW OK?!" she shouted looking at him with hurt on her eyes, some unshed tears about to fall "I know… but what can I do? They don’t listen to me! I don’t want to let them down and besides is just a subject, it’s not a life changing choice" she shrugged.

"Let them down? Life changing choice?" Yixing couldn’t believe what he was hearing "It IS a life changing choice, we are talking about your future here. What’s more, we are talking about your happiness" he scolded her with a sad smile "I know you want to make them proud babe but they can’t tell you how to live your life."

"Well" she snorted "that’s funny because actually, THEY CAN" she looked at him with angry eyes "I thought you, out of everyone, would understand what this is! I’m sick of listening how good Risa is doing at the Ministry, how proud they are of her perfect first daughter… I’m tired of being stared with disapproving looks because I like to take care of animals, I’m just SO tired…" she didn’t know when she had began to cry but it was impossible to stop now.

"I know" Yixing said getting closer to her "but lying to them is not the way to fix it and you know it. I can’t stand seeing you throwing away your dreams because your parents think it’s not worthy" Yixing said hugging her.

"I just told you I can’t talk to them!" she shouted at him with a disbelieved expression "Were you not listening or what?!"

"It’s not me who you had to give all those explanations!" he raised his voice to her making her flinch. Yu looked at his boyfriend with hurt in her eyes while Yixing sighed deeply. This wasn’t going exactly how he expected, he just wanted to help.

"Well, could have fooled me" Yu said with hatred words  "I thought my boyfriend would have been there to listen to me and calm me down, not to throw more my way" she gave him one last harsh look and turned around walking to her dormitory.

"Of course! Run!" Yixing shouted exasperated "That’s all you do, running away from your problems!"

A loud and hard slam was heard and Yixing stood there staring into the closed door that led to the Ravenclaw Tower. His nails were pressing into his palms, making two fists at both his sides. He grunted when two third year Ravenclaws stared at him.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU LOOKIN AT?! KEEP WALKING TO YOUR CLASS OR I WILL REPORT YOU!!"


 

It was probable that there were still many secret passages to discover at Hogwarts. After all the castle had centuries of history and was built by four great wizards. However, Roro’s favorite place of the huge, majestic castle wasn’t anything super secret or super magic. It was the kitchen. Yes, it sounds dull that your favorite spot is a place which is warm most part of the time, always crowded with House-elves and with many different smells lingering in the air. Although all these affirmations were true, for Roro the kitchen of Hogwarts meant one thing: peace. She found out that when she went down and cooked, it was when most peaceful she was. That meant she spent a lot of time there since she had always a lot of things on her mind. The smell of food, the fondness of the House-elves that had become great and dear friends for her, plus the chance to cook and bake, made the Hogwarts kitchen the perfect place for her.

It had been a weird afternoon followed by an even weirder dinner. Yu had not met them at their usual spot but Mina and her thought she probably forgot to tell them she had a date with Yixing or something. At dinner, Jongdae and Chanyeol sit with her group again and thought it wasn’t strange for them to join them, Roro couldn’t avoid getting a bit self-conscious. She and Chanyeol had been talking more the last month and they had become friends, at least by Roro’s standards, and while he was a great guy, funny and nice, it made her decision of letting her teen crush go quite hard. That, combined with Jongdae’s smug expression every time she blushed, had Roro on edge the last week. Did her brother knew something? She certainly hoped not.   

"Miss Roro! You are back!" a small, skinny house-elf wearing a green dress, black leggings and blue sandals greeted her.

"Hi Isha!" she smiled to her little friend "how have you been?"

"Oh Miss Roro! Isha has been good! Very, very good! Isha loves winter and winter is almost here!" she explained excited while Roro smiled at her taking a seat next to her place on the big tables.

"That’s great! However, you should put on sneakers or shoes Isha, last thing we want is for you to catch a cold" Roro said with a worried expression looking at the elf’s feet.

"Miss Roro is so nice to Isha!"  the small elf said hugging Roro "Isha is happy with the sandals Miss Roro! Worry not!"

"Hmm… well, I hope you listen to my advice" she insisted.

"Isla would Miss Roro but Isha has no other shoes Miss Roro" the elf said with an embarrassed face.

"Oh… I will try to bring you a pair or something next time" Roro promised smiling down to her elf friend.

"Miss Roro is so good to Isha! Thank you Miss Roro, thank you!"

"No need to thank me" Roro giggled "Say, do you want to help me bake some rainbow cookies?" she proposed getting up to get all the stuff she needed.

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" the elf was fast on her feet helping Roro with the equipment and the ingredients.

Students weren’t really allowed to use the kitchen, however Headmistress McGonagall gave Roro a special permit to do so. It had been her second year, she was feeling homesick, Dae had been at a Quidditch practice and she had a small argument with her best friends that day before dinner so, she felt more alone than ever. She began wandering around when she stumbled into the kitchen. That was also the day she met Isha, the young house-elf saw her with red puffy eyes and offered her some tea. They began talking and Roro learnt that the elves were the ones who cooked all the meals served in the Great Hall. Later that evening, Roro helped Isha bake some cookies and since that day she had been coming to the kitchen to bake, cook or help. She was getting the cookies out of the oven, Isha had gone to help clean the mess some first year Hufflepuffs had done at their common room, when Chanyeol and Suho came in.

"Wow! They look really good" Suho said startling Roro.

"I bet you they taste even better than what they smell" Chanyeol said looking at the tray with hungry eyes.

"They need to cool down" Roro said with a pointed look  "so you would have to wait" she took out the antiheat gloves (magic was so wonderful) and looked at them again "what brings you two to my domains?" she joked making both boys giggle.

"Chanyeol told me you usually come here to bake and I needed to speak with you" Suho explained sitting in the table and being followed by Chanyeol who still had his eyes on the cookies.

"Your brother is doing a group assignment with Xiumin and Baek so, I decided to tag along and I’m glad I did" he looked at her showing his teeth-rich smile and making Roro’s heart beat so fast she sit just to do something.

"Well, here I am then" she smiled at Suho "What did you need?" she asked curious.

"Do you know if there is something going on with Yu and Yixing?" he asked with a worrying look "Yixing skipped dinner and he has been snappy the whole day but he didn’t tell me anything…"

"Hmm… well, I haven’t seen Yu since this morning break, she wasn’t at lunch and later she didn’t hung with Mina and I but we thought she was with Yixing, on a date or something…"

"Yixing has been at the library the whole afternoon alone" Suho said with a small voice. Roro frowned.

"Now that you mention it" Chanyeol said attracting the attention of the other two "I heard some third years saying that the nice prefect of Ravenclaw had been a prick this morning, threatening people with extracting points for the stupidest reasons" he said with a frown of his own.

"Yixing?" Roro asked surprised "I’m sorry but, Yixing the boy who feels bad for stepping on a plant?"

"Well, he can be a little too…" Suho said with a small smile "But if he was behaving like that, I guess that something happened for sure."

"Maybe he was just having a bad day" Chanyeol offered shrugging.

"Even though, is not his usual behaviour…"

"Maybe those students made it up" Roro defended her friend’s boyfriend "Anyway, I have to admit it is weird for Yu not to show up at all or at least warn us if she is not feeling well…"

"I’ll try to talk to him" Suho said getting up again "Thanks for your help anyway Roro" he smiled at her "Would it be too impolite if I asked for some of those super good looking cookies?"

"Hahaha! Not at all" she laughed getting a couple of cookies and conjuring a paper bag with her wand  "here, take some for Yixing and Xiumin too" she smiled at him.

"Well, I’m sure Xiumin will be very happy to receive them" he smirked and left waving goodbye. Roro felt Chanyeol eyes on her while she was serving some of the cookies on a plate and putting them in front of them.

"What did he mean by that?" he asked with a frown making her look at him with surprise.

"I have no idea" she shrugged and offered him a cookie "Tell me how they taste!"

Chanyeol didn’t stop frowning but he took the cookie and bit it anyway, giving a thumbs up and a smile seconds later, showing the girl it tasted good.

"You should sell these!" he complimented her, making the girl blush.

"Yah! They are not that good" she said taking a small bite herself.

"They are to me" he smiled goofily looking at her.

 

"Well then we should all try them!" Dae’s voice interrupted their staring competition making Roro almost choke with the cookie and Chanyeol jump on his place.

"What are you two doing here?" Baek’s voice was full of mischief.

"Nothing!" Chanyeol answered quickly "Suho needed to talk to her and since you both weren’t there I decided to tag along!" he explained super fast.

"Oh, I see…" Jongdae looked at her sister with a smirk and took a cookie "Thanks for the treat baby Sis!"

"Enjoy them" she gave him a roll of the eyes and got up "I have to go now, my Ancient Runes paper is waiting for me" she whined.

"That bad, eh?" Baek pitied her.

"Yep… at this rate, I would need a tutor or something" she cleaned the spot where she cooked and turned to leave.

"Well, If you are looking for a tutor Kyungsoo told me that Xiumin, from Ravenclaw is really good at Runes" Baek offered.

"Really?" she asked surprised "Maybe I should talk to him…"

"Why don’t you help your sister Dae?" Chanyeol asked his friend with a hard look "Instead of her having to look for a tutor."

"Since when am I good at Runes? I’m just acceptable!" he defended himself while Baek looked at Chanyeol with a smug smile "Besides, Xiumin is a Ravenclaw so I’m sure he will help her better than me" he huffed biting his second cookie.

"Well, I can ask him if you want" Baek offered finding the fuming Chanyeol very funny.

"Oh no, don’t worry Baekhyun" she smiled at him "I will ask him myself, we’ve known each other since Yu began dating Yixing…" she explained "Anyway, I should get going…"

"Bye Sis!" Dae waved at her with his mouth full.

"Goodnight Roro!" Baekhyun smiled at her.

"Thank you for the cookies!" Chanyeol smiled "Have a nice rest!"

"Hahaha! Well, you are welcome but they are my first payment for your tutoring on CMC, I have a work on Thestrals and is kind of killing me…" she blushed a little looking at him with hope.

"Oh, yeah, sure… SURE!" Chanyeol answered halfway to bite his cookie "Just tell me whenever you can, I’m always ready, I mean free, well most of the times but yeah just tell me" he said quite nervous. His two best friends tried to contain their giggles at how eager he sounded. Roro giggled a bit too.

"Okay… I’ll tell you something" she smiled and waved again "Night guys! Don’t eat too much sugar!"

It was when Roro was out of sight that Baekhyun and Jongdae began to laugh so much their stomachs hurt while Chanyeol just groaned and hide his head between his arms resting on the table.

"Man, you have it bad" Jongdae mocked his friend patting his back and laughing again with Baekhyun.

Chanyeol groaned again, deeper sound this time and prayed to the heavens that his best friends would have an indigestion the next morning.

 

 

HELLO AGAIN! \(^-^)/ 

Well, here we are, Chapter 3! And I can't believe this story has 100 views! O_O!

Thank you so much :D (I really thought no one would take their time to read this ^^')

Anyway, this past week has been a bit...chaotic & I got writers block in a scene on Chapter 16 >.<

But is alright now, I talked about it with my boyfriend and just by explaining it to another person I worked it out. Yay me! lol

SO, a bit of drama here now... I think I'm rubbish writing drama ^^' (I'm not a super fan of the angst but I try!)

Also, do you think there is too much dialogue in my chapters? I kind of have that feeling with everything I write :/

I guess that's it for today!:) 

Thanks for reading and if you could leave some feedback it would be awesome ( ^-^)/

You can also finde me here ask & Twitter!!

Bye! (/ - \)♥