Chapter 6

Magical lives are made of this.

If there was one thing that could make the students get up early on a cold November Saturday morning, it was Quidditch. The first match of the season was in 2 hours and the breakfast tables of Gryffindor and Ravenclaw were bubbling with excitement and nervousness. From where she was seating, Roro could perfectly see Yixing trying to force Yu to eat something. Her best friend was the Seeker for her house, she was small and light which made her perfect for the position since her control of the broom was something Roro, a klutz from birth, very much envied. The small, black haired girl was resisting her boyfriend’s attempts to feed her using Suho’s body as a shield and keeping her lips tightly closed. Roro smiled watching the scene, it was comforting to know that someone worried about the petite Ravenclaw Seeker.

"What’s got you smiling so sweetly?" Her brother’s voice interrupted her thoughts.

Roro turned around to see Jongdae sitting next to her with his usual Chesire smile on, wearing his Quidditch robes and serving some juice inside a golden cup.

"My smile is always sweet." She answered hitting his shoulder playfully.

"Well, I beg to differ." He while she rolled her eyes. She decided to change the subject of the conversation.

"Are you ready for today?"

"Yeah! I’m actually excited" he grinned "Who will you be cheering for? Bestie or Amazing brother plus Hot crush?" He smirked making Roro blush profusely.

"Shut up Dae!" she whined "I’m cheering for my House, obviously! There are no friends in the game." She joked faking a stern, deep voice.

"Hahaha that’s my Baby Sis!" he put his arm around her shoulder and kissed her cheek "You better cheer the loudest for me!"

"You wish" she pushed him lightly to get out of the embrace smiling "Where have you left your Keeper?" She asked looking around for the tall Gryffindor.

"He had already left when I woke up this morning" Jongdae shrugged and his smiled turned into a smirk "Why? Are you worried about Yeol?"

"I was just asking, Dae" she tried to sound nonchalant  "He’s the Keeper for your team AND one of your best friends, I just found it odd that you are not together…"

"Aha, sure" he giggled making her blush and hit him on the back of the head "Hey! Respect your elders!"

Before Roro could answer his brother’s teasing, another deep voice interrupted her.

"You shouldn’t injure our players before the game, Roro, he may be a pain in the but we still need him to win." Chanyeol’s voice came from behind.

"You are supposed to be on my side!" Jongdae groaned. A small, feminine giggle made them turn around to look for the source of such a sound.

There, standing tall and with broad shoulders was Chanyeol already wearing his Quidditch robes too. What was unusual, at least for Roro, was the girl standing next to him. Small with long, silky, dark hair; white, perfect skin and a small but sweet smile, was no other than Victoria, the champion from Mahoutokoro. Both siblings were obviously surprised, as their faces showed it. The moment they turned around Roro felt her brother stiffen.

"Hi!" the girl gave a small wave of her hand "I’m Victoria!" She smiled.

"I hope you don’t mind" Chanyeol looked apologetic to his friends "she wanted to watch the match so, I told her she could go to the field with you." He explained scratching the back of his neck. Something he was used to do when he was feeling uncomfortable. Roro looked at her brother. Jongdae was there, simply looking at them with an indecipherable expression and a stern look. Silence reigned for a few seconds before Roro decided she couldn’t stand it anymore. It kind of hurt how good they looked together.

"Sure!" she showed a small smile since it was the only thing she thought of  "I’m meeting Mina in twenty minutes to head there."

"Thank you very much!" The girl bowed thanking her and Roro looked around because bowing wasn’t something they do in England and she felt a bit uncomfortable with the situation.

"You are really sweet Roro, thanks!" Chanyeol smiled wide at her and winked. Roro shrugged and turned to her face to her pancake to cover her blushing cheeks.

Chanyeol took a seat next to Dae and Victoria seated next to the boy. Her brother was still sporting a frown and he didn’t seem fine with the seating arrangement. Roro looked at him asking for an explanation but Jongdae simply shook his head and smiled at her, side hugging her.

"Remember you have to cheer really, REALLY loud for me, okay?" He asked her hugging her tightly. Roro looked at him finding it weird for his brother to act so clingy.

"I already told you, you wish!" She poked her tongue at him and giggled when the boy pouted exaggeratedly.

"Aish! You are so mean to me!" He whined hugging her even more tightly and laughing afterwards.

"It’s really cute how you are so close" Victoria’s voice interrupted their small argument. Both siblings turned to look at her with blank expressions "I mean, Chan told me you aren’t blood related, and, I, I’m sorry, I just found it cute…" the girl looked ashamed.

"Oh, so Yeol told you?" Jongdae asked looking at his friend with stern eyes. Chanyeol looked back finding the boy’s look weird "Well" her brother continued "he should have told you that blood isn’t everything. We may not be related by blood but there is something deeper that bonds us, it’s called family" his voice was sounding cold and a he looked a bit mad "Roro is my sister, my baby sister with or without blood involved and I will always take care of her" he directed his eyes to his friend who was now frowning "right Bitter Pumpkin?" he looked at Roro this time, with teasing eyes and a funny smile.

"YAH! JONGDAE!" Roro hit his brother hard on the shoulder repeatedly making him laugh more with each kick. Chanyeol was watching the scene with a strange expression and Victoria seemed even more ashamed and apologetic than before, not knowing where to look. After a few more kicks, Roro looked at the other two showing a small smile.

"Don’t mind him" she told Victoria "He just likes to brag about being a good big Bro, but it’s all an act." She winked jokingly at the long-haired girl who returned her smile with a thankful expression. "Anyway!" Roro turned her attention to her brother and Chanyeol "shouldn’t you two get going to the field? You are going to be late and Minho is going to give you some spanks" she teased them.

"Hahaha you are right" Chanyeol stood up quickly "Let’s go, Jongdae" he told the boy with a much more serious voice than what he used with Roro. Jongdae got up too and kept his stare.

"Yeah, let’s go" he turned to look at her sister "See you there Baby Sis!"

"See you later girls!" Chanyeol said his goodbye smiling and following Jongdae out of the Great Hall.

"Good luck Chan" Victoria smiled at the boy waving.

"Go get them boys!" Roro cheered waving too.

Both girls watched as the boys made their way out and they proceeded to finish their breakfast. It wasn’t exactly uncomfortable but Roro didn’t know what to say to start a conversation with the girl. Usually, she was a really talkative person however, and given the bitter feeling inside her when she thought about how Victoria looked to suit Chanyeol so well, she couldn’t find it in herself to start a conversation. The Asian girl wasn’t making the effort either, anyway.

Once they had finished and some of the other students had began to head for the field too, Roro told the girl they should get going if they wanted to find a nice spot. They were supposed to meet Mina at the entrance of the path to the field. That kind of calmed Roro, once they were there it would be easier to get into a conversation without this strange feeling inside. However, when she saw from afar that Mina wasn’t standing alone but talking with a seemingly worried Baekhyun, she had the feeling that nothing was going to be as easy as she hoped.

"Hey! sorry for the wait, my pancake was resisting" she joked when they both arrived to where the two Slytherins were waiting and smiling at her. "This is Victoria, she is a friend of Chanyeol" Roro explained.

"Nice to meet you both!" The girl smiled and bowed at them. Roro saw how Mina was looking at her with curious expression and Baekhyun’s face changed from worry to something like annoyance.

"Nice to meet you too."  The boy said with an empty and stern voice. Sensing the change in the air, Roro decided to keep the conversation flowing to another topic.

"Are you ready for the match? Excited?" she asked beginning to walk but stopped when she realized that none of the Slytherins were following "hmm guys?"

"I’m sorry Roro" Mina looked at her with a guilty expression and bit her lower lip. "I can’t go to the match today" she sighed "I have a really long paper on Arithmancy and Baekhyun promised to help me with it…"

"Oh" Roro said looking at her friend. "Can’t you do it later? I mean, is Yu’s first match of the season…"

"I know! And I’m super sorry about it." She looked apologetic. "I’ve already spoken to Yu to explain it, she said she understood, I’m sorry…" Roro looked at her friend who seemed really guilty and then to Baekhyun who was watching the exchange with an impassible expression.

"I’m a bit busy myself with personal stuff so now is the only time I have free." The boy explained.

"No, no, it’s okay." Roro shook her head and smiled at them. "I’m glad you are taking your studies so seriously!" She joked teasing Mina to let her see she wasn’t mad or anything. "I get it!"

"Thank you, thank you!" Her friend hugged her surprising Roro and she giggled. "You’ll have to cheer in my place, okay?" she smiled.

"Hahaha sure! I already have a long list of people to cheer then" she joked "Well then, we should get going or we'll lose our good spot." She explained to the asian girl who had been watching the conversation without saying anything. "Don’t work too much you two!" Roro smiled waving goodbye to her friends who answered her in the same way and began walking inside of the castle. Roro stood there watching them with a small smile and after a deep sigh she turned to look at the other girl. Too much for an easy going conversation…

"So, tell me Victoria, do you like Quidditch?"


 

 

 

 

"Arithmancy?" Baekhyun asked Mina while they were getting back into the Castle. "Why Arithmancy?" he whined.

"It’s the only lesson I don’t have with neither of them so, it would be easier for me to make up excuses in our future investigations" she explained to which Baekhyun raised an eyebrow.

"Future investigations? What are we, Scrim & Hubart?" he snorted.

"Hmm… I’m going to pretend I know who you are talking about" she shrugged and kept walking through the corridor towards the staircase.

"You have to be kidding me!" He looked at her with wide eyes. "You can possibly not know who Scrim & Hubart are! The greatest duo detectives of all times!" he exclaimed looking positively shocked.

"Well, I can see why I don’t know them." Mina explained while getting up the stairs. "Obviously, Sherlock Holmes is the best Detective of all times." she replied smugly.

"For a fictional character, tsk!" Baekhyun rolled his eyes "Mina, you have to read them! They are based on their real adventures as investigators for the Auror Office at the Ministry."

"Oh… Well, then I couldn’t know about them because, if you haven’t noticed by the bullying directed to my person, I’m a muggleborn" she smiled bitterly.

"Well, you will have to read them because" he made a dramatic pause causing the girl to look at him curiously "they also happened to be accompanied by a real journalist. Shira Picqueynit, who wrote their book and who has won the Golden Black Quill three times!" Baekhyun was astonished that someone didn’t know who Scrim & Hubart were.

"Well, how about you tell me more about this trio once we have discovered our own mystery? We’re almost there!" she shushed him and walked a bit faster.

It wasn’t her intention to be rude but Baekhyun talking about magical stuff that she couldn’t possibly know because she had a different background was making her feel uncomfortable. Obviously the Slytherin boy didn’t want to hurt her but he did anyway. It was another thing that reminded Mina of the fact, the abhorrent fact, that she was after all an outsider to this world. Besides, they were going to the bathroom on the 7th floor to investigate, they needed to have their minds in the game, not in the clouds.

"What do you mean, behaving weirdly?" Mina asked the Prefect boy.

They were sitting near the lake, under one of the big trees. It wasn’t the best place to rest but it was the safest due to the weather. November was getting colder and colder, soon the first snow of the year would be there and not many students roamed near the lake preferring to stay warm inside the Castle.

"I mean just that." Baekhyun looked at the lake with furrowed eyebrows "After the scene I witnessed I asked around a bit. I didn’t mention you!" He quickly added when the girl’s eyes became wide with fear. "I swear! I just asked some classmates if they had noticed any changes on them. Everyone told me they were different from last year. For instance, they were never that close so, something happened on the Holidays because now everyone thinks they are dating which to be honest is not so rare" he explained scratching his chin. "It seems they had been spending a lot of time together near the kitchens too."

"Okay… but that doesn’t explain a lot of stuff. I mean, why are they suddenly bullying me? I have done nothing to them!"

"Maybe you interrupted them." Baekhyun suggested "After all, they were together, inside a bathroom within teaching hours. It doesn’t take a genius to figure out what they were doing." He smirked wiggling his eyebrows. Mina went scarlet.

"Shut up!" she hit his shoulder "It didn’t look anything near that!"

"Oh, so you know how it looks like?" he kept teasing her making the girl turn even more red and the hits become more intense.

"I’m serious!" she huffed "aside from their relationship, has their behavior changed or something?"

"Well, when I was asking another student told me that, indeed, they are a bit different. It seems they stopped hanging out with their friends because, and I’m quoting, “we won’t be seen with traitors to the blood like you”… It seems they have never expressed themselves like that. However, both their families are Purebloods so it could perfectly be that their brains had been washed by them…"

"Wow… you actually found out a lot of things." Mina admired the older boy smiling with gratitude. "There is just one thing I don’t get." She scrunched her nose.

"What?"

"I can understand they changed, they being in a relationship now or me being so unlucky to have been picked as their target but" she bit her lower lip "what about the nicknames? They didn’t sound like sweet names to call your lover…"

"What did they call each other?" Baekhyun asked curiously.

"Peng and Kun."

"Hmm… sounds like pet names, right? Or… I don’t know, Asian stuff?"

"Whatever it is, it’s weird…" Mina was fiercely looking at the lake. She needed to sort out what was happening. Her dad was a Detective and her dream was to be a journalist, a great writer, this was destiny calling at her door. She was going to find out what was happening here.

"Well, in that case, I should supervise you." Baekhyun interrupted her thoughts smiling.

"Excuse me?" She asked with disbelieve. "Supervise me with what?"

"You are not going to let this go, are you?" He asked with a knowing smile. "That’s why I will have to supervise you and assist you with your investigation. Besides, you need someone with exceeded healing knowledge, just in case." He winked at her.

Mina stood there contemplating the possibility. After a good minute looking intently at Baekhyun she smiled, turned around and began walking.

"Deal but you are the Watson to my Sherlock, Byun."

And they there were the morning after, hurrying to the 7th corridor bathrooms while everyone was cheering and watching the first Quidditch match of the Season. After their conversation, it was clear that Leveratag and Purtrefs were hiding something bigger than just being bullies. Mina was determinate to discover what.

 

 

 

Yixing was hurrying to the Quidditch patch. Since he has been appointed as Hogwarts Champion for the Potion’s Championship his schedule was wreck. Quite close to what he was. He had special study sessions with Professor Narcius, which wasn’t a bad thing because he was learning new, advanced stuff on potions but it meant more homework and since he didn’t want to drop his Herbology classes, he had to make a deal and promise to keep up with everything. Which was the reason why he was running, almost choking on his breath to get on time to the Quidditch match. Yu would surely understand if he couldn’t make it, she had explained it to him several times during breakfast while he was trying to force-feed her, but it was more a matter of his own moral than his girlfriend being mad. Since they had talked and mended problems, she had been really supportive, helping him study and keeping his notes tidy despite his poor calligraphy and his untidy habits. At least, Suho and Xiumin were saving him a seat so, he didn’t need to be panicking about that.

He was about to get inside the Ravenclaw tower part when two bodies collided against him. He fell to the ground with a huff and was fast to get on his feet again, rubbing his back from the pain of the hit.

"I’m so sorry! I was walking in a hurry and…" he began excusing himself.

"Hey! No problem man." A deep and masculine voice answered him. "These things happen."

Yixing looked up to see two Slytherins smiling at him. The boy was giving him his hand to shook while the girl was still rubbing some dirt from her robe. Yixing shook his hand and gave back a smile.

"I really am sorry." He excused himself again. "I hope both of you are okay."

"No worries" the girl answered this time smiling "we were too engrossed talking too. Besides, no one’s hurt so it’s fine." She dismissed his worries with a wave of her hand.

"I’m Leveratag and this is Purtrefs." The boy introduced them.

"I’m Yixing." He smiled back.

"We know! You are the Hogwarts Champion!" The girl said enthusiastically making Yixing wince and feel a bit uncomfortable.

"Yeah…"

"That’s so cool!" the boy kept talking "we were really happy to know you would be representing us! You are so good with Potions!"

"Oh… Did we share any classes?" Yixing asked trying hard to remember the two Slytherins. However, he always shared Potion lessons with Gryffindors, as far as he could remember.

"Oh no, no!" the girl giggled "but we both love Potions and Professor Narcius always speaks so highly of you, we were curious!"

"Oh, thank you then!" He smiled appreciatively when the whistle stating the beginning of the match was heard. Yixing gasped  "Oh my God! I have to go!" His eyes opened wide. "It was nice meeting you!" He began walking when the boy, Leveratag, grabbed his arm.

"Hey! Both of us meet on Sunday afternoons to study Potions, since we love it so much, we also try new stuff, in case you are interested…"

"Oh, well…" Yixing looked up the stairs, he really needed to get going. "I’m, I’m actually having lessons with Professor Narcius…"

"Yeah but, the more you practice the better right?" Purtrefs asked with innocent eyes. "We want to help our Champion to the Victory too!" she smiled sweetly.

"Well, I guess… I can try it and see." He shrugged.

"Great! We meet tomorrow at the Pier" he explained "at 4 o’clock!"

Yixing gave them a thumbs up and hurried up the stairs. He was missing the beginning of the game. He went up so fast he missed the sly smiles on his new two Potion friends.

 

 

So, here I am again! :)

A bit of drama is coming which is always something nice to have in a story ^^

This past week has been quite hard with work and personal problems so I'm updating today since I've seen I reached 200 views. Which also seems weird because I have the feeling that noone is actually following the story but, well... I guess we'll see :) I will wait a bit more for comments or feedback or opinions and see if I keep posting it regularly or just when I feel like it. Please, if you follow this story don't take this as a threat because it's not! I just yearn for a bit of feedback on it and I wish I could know if someone is following it, it also motivates me! ^^

Regarding the chapter, I made up the Detectives series, obvs lol

That's it for this week! 

Thank you for reading and subscribing! <3 

You can also find me here ask & Twitter!!

Bye! (/ - \)♥