Chapter 1

Magical lives are made of this.

"Doesn’t matter how many times we go through that wall, it keeps giving me the chills Every.Single.Time" Jongdae said looking at her sister feigning a shiver and making Roro giggle.

"And here I thought it was your sixth year at Hogwarts… " the kids mother joked making the four of them laugh again while they were walking through the platform and getting near the Hogwarts Express ready to board.

 

Another 1st of September was here to greet all the students on the new academic year and following the tradition Platform 9 and 3/4 was booming with many people: new students getting anxious and nervous about the adventure they were going to begin, anxious and worried parents saying the last reminders to their excited children, friends reuniting… And in the middle of all this chaos was Roro with her family. Her fifth year was about to begin and though she was excited about going back to Hogwarts, the foreshadow of the O.W.L.S at the end of the year was something she could wait to experience.

"You shouldn’t worry too much" her dad said squeezing her right shoulder "you would do just fine!"

"If I survived, you surely can Sis" her stepbrother said grinning proudly of himself and making her giggle.

"Weeeell, if I recall correctly" Seohyun, her stepmother, pitched in "I received a very alarmed letter containing something along the lines of MOM THIS IS A DISASTER I LOVE YOU DON’T DISOWN ME…" she mocked Jongdae’s voice acting all melodramatic.

"It was indeed a disaster!" he complained "everyone was studying so much, even Baek and Yeol! It made me worry" he pouted while the other three laughed.

"I’m thankful for your encouragement" Roro said to her parents "but really, I’m not worried, just kind of excited to be back!" she smiled.

 

Just as she finished saying that, the loud noise of the train was heard announcing that the departure was getting closer. Jongdae used that moment to go find his best friends  (Mom! I’m sixteen, I can look for my friends ALONE!) while Roro and her parents searched for the girls friends and family. Navigating around the numerous children with trunks, owls and other diverse magical objects, Roro find one of her best friends being squeezed by her mother.

"…and remember to always brush your teeth, you know how sensitive your mouth is and we don’t want you to bleed too much at night or you will wake up with a headache and…"

"Okay, okay!" Mina’s dad interrupted her mother’s rant "I think she’s got this, like every other year" he joked while peeling Mina of her mother’s embrace.

"I just want her to be careful!"

"Mom, I’m gonna be at Hogwarts, nothing can happen there" Mina reassured her mother while squeezing her hand.

"And if something happens, Yu and I will be there Mrs. L!" Roro smiled while putting her arm around Mina’s neck and half-embracing her.

"I don’t know if that will make her more worried or not" Mina joked and Roro stock out her tongue making everyone laugh.

Both girls hugged each other tightly, it had been a month since they saw each other. Roro had spent two weeks of July with Yu and Mina at Mina’s vacationing house, blending with the muggle. It had been really interesting visiting Chiswick and Mina’s parents were lovely, always showing Yu and Roro things about muggle culture that they did not known. Although being a muggleborn had been hard on Mina at her first year at Hogwarts, moreover being sorted into Slytherin, she felt proud of her parents and she loved to see them excited retelling and teaching her friends. Yu was always fascinated about everything because all of it was so different from the world she knew. While Roro was a bit more used to muggle’s life, being a half-blood herself, she enjoyed all the recipes Mina’s mom taught her and how to cook them the muggle way.

Both families carried a light conversation until Jongdae came back running to hug his parents goodbye.

 

"You both should board now too, it’s almost eleven o’clock" he advised her sister and her friend who proceeded to say their own goodbyes.

Jongdae hugged his mom tight while nodding to everything she was saying while Roro hugged her dad. They exchanged parents and while Roro was saying goodbye to Mina’s parents, she heard her brother leave.

 

"I’m going now, Yeol and Baek are waiting for me" he explained pointing to a pair of boys waiting in front of one of the doors of the Hogwarts Express. They were Jongdae’s best friends, who waved to his parents. Roro turned her head in their direction and both of them showed her a big smile making the girl blush and hide her face while giving them a small wave of the hand.

 

Byun Baekhyun and Park Chanyeol had become Dae’s best friends from day one at Hogwarts. Chanyeol and Jongdae were Gryffindors while Baek was a Slytherin and he could not care any less of blood purity or house rivalry. It was their shared love for jokes and pranks what had bind them together. Because of that, Roro had heard a lot about them and exchanged some words with them but just the normal amount since usually it was Dae who went to visit his friends. However, Roro was not capable to escape the cliché teenage drama and had developed something akin a crush for Park Chanyeol. She knew it was just infatuation. The boy was tall, slim and had the correct amount of muscles (playing as a Keeper for Gryffindor had its perks she guessed). Also, he was funny and talkative and quite attractive. Obviously, she was not the only one who thought that way, since the three of them were quite popular with their own classmates. That’s why Roro had decided to leave it as a teenage crush and keep moving. They hadn’t exchanged more than a couple of sentences in 4 years, what was going to make the fifth any different?

Jongdae left to reunite with his friends and the three of them boarded the train. Roro was just lost in her thoughts when a voice startled her.

 

"Admiring the view again? You should ACTUALLY say something next time" Yu’s voice and mocking tone was heard from behind making her turn with a frown and a little blush. However, before she could answer, Mina interrupted her.

"I was just looking for the Prefects wagon" Mina scoffed rolling her eyes blushing madly.

"Yeah… you had been searching for that wagon since 3rd year, funny how Byun is always in that same direction" Yu smirked wiggling her eyebrows and making Mina look away and pout.

"Should we get on or what?" Roro broke the teasing tension between her friends. After some seconds both of them smiled and they boarded the train.

 


 

Once all the students boarded and King’s Cross was becoming smaller and smaller on the distance, the three girls left the windows and tried to look for a compartment.

"I swear, she cries too much" Mina was complaining about her mom’s tears on the platform "last week she cried because dad had to leave earlier due to a murder case."

"Well, she is a mother and she cares, is normal" Roro shrugged her shoulders and kept walking "by the way" she looked at Mina "you should head for the prefects wagon, shouldn’t you?"

"Shoot! I almost forgot" Mina shouted while walking hurriedly "I will see you at Hogwarts girls! Duty calls!" her voice drifting through the sound as she was going further away.

Both her friends looked at her back and sighed sharing a funny smile.

"Her first year as a prefect and she almost forgets" Yu said while shaking her head "Come one Roro, Yixing told me he would save us some room with him" she smiled taking her friend's hand and advancing through the train.

When they arrived at the compartment, three boys were already there. Two Raenclaws and a Hufflepuff smiled at them from the seats.

"You  found us!" one of the Ravenclaw boys, Yixing, shouted excited.

"Well, this train isn’t THAT huge" his girlfriend joked seating next to him. Roro seated next to the other Ravenclaw, Xiumin, who greeted her politely.

"Hi! I’m Jongin, a 4th year student" the Hufflepuff smiled at them and both girls returned it.

"I hope you don’t mind him hanging with us" Yixing said "He’s a new friend we made over summer."

"It’s cool, the more the merrier" Roro joked smiling at both boys. Yixing sighed contented and whispered something in Yu’s ear making her show a surprised expression. When Roro looked at her questioningly, she mouthed a tell you later and they left it at that.

"So, how was your summer Roro?" Xiumin asked her.

After that question, the whole ride was spent sharing their experiences on summer. What they did, with whom, how and all that jazz. They also talked about the upcoming year, the subjects and all. Since Yixing and Xiumin were sixth year students, they had done their O.W.L.S examination the year before and were sharing advice with the two girls who would be facing them at the end of the year. This year, apart from the mandatory subjects, Yu and Roro shared Care of Magical Creatures, while Yu and Mina shared Divination. They were so immersed in their own conversation that when they realized, the lights of Hogwarts could be seen at the far end of the train, beyond the lake.

They all changed into their robes and the girls left to look for Mina who was waiting with some of the other prefects, near the carriages that will take them to the Castle.

"Hello girls!" Suho, Mina’s good friend and also a Prefect for Ravenclaw, said when they stood next to their friend "Was the trip nice?"

"It went by super fast" Roro smiled.

"I’m glad then" he smiled again and looked behind the girls waving "well, I’m going to meet Yixing and the others, see you at dinner!"

"I don’t know how he does it, but his smile is SO soothing" Yu said opening her eyes wide.

"That’s one of Suho’s many charms" Mina joked.

"Well, now tell us, how was the Prefects wagon?" Roro asked intrigued.

While they rode the carriage, Mina told them about her first experience being Prefect. She was nervous because she was in the youngest group, being Prefect in the fifth year, but since Suho was there too everything went smoothly. They knew each other since they were babies, Suho being a year older than her and since their families were both muggle and shared magical kids, they become pretty good friend easily.

"Also, on my way there, I passed in front of Jongdae’s compartment" she said nonchalantly.

"You mean" Roro interrupted "you got to creep on your BB again" she teased.

"It’s not creeping! It’s called admiring from afar, okay?"

"Well, anything interesting that your stalker ways have revealed?" Yu asked interested.

"Not much" she admitted sighing "just… those girls from sixth year, Irene, Seulgi and what’s the other name?"

"Wendy?"

"Yes! That one, she’s a Ravenclaw right?"

"Yeah, she’s actually head girl for Ravenclaw" Yu explained.

"Well, they were with them in the compartment" Mina said scoffing "It looked quite cozy there, like a triple date…"

"Do you mean to tell me, one of them is going to be my sister-in-law?" Roro asked surprised "I don’t know if I’m ready for this…"

"Hahaha I’m sure Jongdae IS ready for it" Mina joked.

"Please! It’s my brother who we are talking about" Roro shouted while covering her ears and making a disgusting face.

"You have to face the truth one day or another Roro" Yu comforted her patting her back while Roro feigned sobbing.

"Anyway! They were there and I just passed in front of it and Jongdae, being the amazing human being he is, waved at me and THEN" Mina said excited "Baekhyun waved AND SMILED TOO!"

"Hallelujah we are saved!"

"Really… I just blushed and looked away hurrying to the prefects wagon but OMG!" she put her hand to her heart smiling.

"We lost her…" Roro joked making all of them laugh.

 


 

After more nonsensical conversation they arrived to the grounds of the Castle. Mina left first to help the other prefects with the first year students and Roro and Yu parted ways to join the group of their respective houses. After that, everything went as smoothly as always, they got into the Great Hall, as massive as it always had been with its long and huge tables full of children. Roro seated next to Linda and Shiro, two other Gryffindors her age who were good friends of her. She was asking Linda about her summer at the Fiji Islands when a hand covered her eyes and someone seated next to her.

"Guess, guess who this handsome boy is" Dae’s voice sing songed close to her ear.

"Don’t really know any handsome boy so, please introduce yourself" she joked grinning while a gasp was heard.

"I’m wounded SIS! These looks can’t be ignored" Jongdae said while letting Roro see again and scoffing.

Well, blindness was indeed an advantage because Roro almost, ALMOST, choked on her own spit. There, teeth-rich smile on his face and as handsome as ever, was Park Chanyeol himself. Looking at her and giggling quietly.  

"Hi Roro!"

"H-hey!" just one stuttering? That was a new record! "How was your summer Chanyeol?"

"Oh! It was really nice" he smiled fondly "I went with my sister and her husband to Northern Europe, I got the chance to fed some Auguries" he explained excited "They are really shy though their cry is something else, let me tell you" he joked making Roro and some others giggle "How about yours?"

"Oh I was…"

"She was dying because she missed me too much" Jongdae interrupted her hugging her from the side and making her blush a bright red "Right baby Sis?"

"Ompf!" she set herself free from her brother and pushed him jokingly "Yeah… I missed your ugly face and your smelly feet at home" she stuck her tongue out blushing again when she realized Chanyeol giggling at her and Jongdae looking at her smugly.

"Cute" the tall boy whispered so lowly no one seemed to hear him. 

"Anyway… I visited Mina’s home and her mom taught me how to cook apple pie, the muggle way!" the boys made a surprised face and smiled.

"She has been worrying over the electives too" Shiro pitched in the conversation "She wrote me super worried about it."

"I wasn’t super worried "she rolled her eyes "I was just a bit worried…"

"You chose Ancient Runes and Magical Creatures, right?" Linda asked interested.

"Yes!"

"Oh! If you need help with Magical Creatures you can ask me" Chanyeol offered "We can make an exchange, I will tutor you if you cook that muggle apple pie for me" he grinned holding his hand in front of him "deal?"

"Mhmm…" Roro’s face was probably about to explode because of how much she was blushing. Nonetheless, she took Chanyeol’s hand, his big, manly and attractive hand, and shook it shyly "Deal" she said with a small voice.

"Okay, okay…" Jongdae took their joined hands and separated them "Enough flirting with my baby Sis Park! The ceremony is starting!" Both, Roro and Chanyeol went bright red at Jongdae words. However, the boy just smiled and turned his head to the front while Roro glared at Jongdae who made a kissing pouty face at her and laughed. Don’t worry, I got you covered Sis… Jongdae whispered into Roro’s ear.

When she turned around she saw Yu seating at the Ravenclaw table and resting her head on Yixing shoulder while talking with other students. At the far end of the Great Hall, at the Slytherin table Mina was looking at her direction with a smirk and a smug look that told Roro, she had seen everything and the teasing will not be too far on her future. However, a fourth year student, Sehun, told Mina something and they kept talking diverting the attention of the brunette from Roro.

The sorting ceremony proceed as always, the sorting hat closing with his wise words about the unity of the houses and the importance of balance in a wizard or a witch. After that, Headmistress Mcgonagall gave her welcome speech and the feast began.

After two good hours eating and talking with other students and her brother, the students were lead to their dorms.

Tomorrow was the first day of classes and a lot more than what everyone expected was going to happen that year at Hogwarts.
 

 

 

 

 

So, that's it for the first chapter ^^

An introduction to Roro and her magical & crazy world :) 

Let me know what you think in the comments, I'm really looking forward to read feedback!

You can also finde me here ask & Twitter!!

Bye!♥ ( / - \ )