Little Things

Hired Babysitter

“Hyung! Let’s buy some firecrackers!” Mansae was currently on Myungsoo’s shoulders. And he saw the firecrackers from a far. 

“No. We don't need firecrackers.” Myungsoo had to try to be stern.

“But hyung…” seeing no chance in persuading him, Mansae turned to Krystal for help. “Noona! Let's buy firecrackers! Let's buy lots and lots!”

Even Krystal could even answer, Myungsoo tried to distract his brother. “Mansae-yah, you can only choose one between firecracker or cereal?” They now lining up to pay for the groceries. 

“Hyung, I was talking to noona. Right, noona? We can buy them right?” 

“I’m sorry Mansae-yah, But your hyung says we can’t. So we have to follow him, right?” Krystal was also busy checking the list that they have. “Oppa, I think we forgot to get some celery.” Myungsoo raised his eyebrows at that. “I meant, Soongie-oppa. I think we didn't get celery.” 

“I’m on it. I’ll probably be back before you even move.” Myungsoo removed Mansae from his shoulders and passed him to Krystal. “Mansae-yah, behave.” Myungsoo then dashed off to the vegetable section.

“Noona, you look very happy.” Mansae was pointing at her smile. “Noona looks pretty when she's smiling. Same as hyung. You both are happy.” Mansae kept on pointing at her cheeks.

“And I could say the same for you kiddo.” Krystal then started to pinch Mansae’s cheeks. “Did you have fun meeting other people today?”

“Yup. I like playing with Young Chul-abeoji.” 

“More than you like playing with Gomdori?”

“Hmm, no, I like Gomdori more.”

“How about choosing between Gomdori and Soongie-oppa, I meant your hyung?”

“Hmm.. Gomdori.”

“Really? Why?”

“Because Gomdori does not get mad at me.”

“Mansae-yah, you know that hyung only looks out for you and protects you that's why sometimes he tells you what is right or wrong. Okay?” Krystal hugged Mansae. 

“I know.” Mansae played with Krystal's hair. 

“So between Noona and Gomdori? Do you still pick Gomdori?”

“Aniyo! Pretty noona wins!” 

At this moment, Myungsoo was back with the celeries and was hiding a pack of gummy bears. 

“Soongie-oppa, what's that?” It was their turn to pay and Myungsoo was just smiling while he was transferring the groceries. “Soongie-oppa, that was not on the list.” 

“Jungie, it’s my dessert.” 

“Hyung, you bought gummy bears? I want one too!” Mansae was squirming in Krystal's arms. “Noona, I want gummy bears too. Why does hyung get to have gummy bears?” 

With a sigh, Krystal tried to control the kid. “Mansae-yah, you already have a box of cereal.” 

“But I also want some gummy bears.” 

“Aigoo, Just share with your hyung.”

“No way, Jungie. This is all mine.” 

“See noona? Hyung won’t share, I need my own.” 

“Oppa. Could you just please share with Mansae? We need to go quickly.” 

“Andwae.”

“Soongie-oppa, please.” Myungsoo looked at Krystal through his sunglasses. Krystal looked so cute pouting and all trying to get Mansae to stop. 

“Okay, Jungie. I’ll give him one piece.” Krystal could only groan and do a facepalm. 

“Why do I have to take care of two kids?” 

 

As the three of them got back to the house, it was just around 3pm and the rest of the household were sleeping.

“Sleeping? At three in the afternoon? Are they Mansae?” Myungsoo was carrying the grocery bags and brought them to the kitchen. Krystal was then carrying a sleeping kid. After leaving the bags on the counter, Myungsoo took Mansae from Krystal. 

“All of them like to sleep. Very much.” Krystal was stretching her arms. “Oppa, maybe you should put Mansae on my bed upstairs so he could sleep properly.” 

“Oh, is it okay? He could just use the couch though.” Myungsoo was walking towards the couches.

“Aniyo, we’re going upstairs.” Krystal began to push Myungsoo towards the stairs. 

“Wow, Jungie, we did not even go on our first date yet and you're taking me to your room already. Oh my, Jungie. I never thought you were like this.” Myungsoo was definitely teasing her and it resulted to a flabbergasted Krystal. Myungsoo laughed seeing Krystal’s reaction. Krystal just groaned.

“I’m not even going to answer that, L-ssi.” Krystal decided that she needs to create some boundary with her emotions. They arrived at the second floor and Krystal opened a door that has a baby picture of Krystal on it. Lots of pictures. “Aish. I really have to start on my plan to kill my family.” Krystal quickly pulled out the pictures. 

“Aww, Jungie, you look the same from before. It’s like someone just inflated you so that you’d be taller.” Krystal then looked at Myungsoo, her eyes full of emotions, anger and rage. “Aww, Jungie, you look like this one right now!” Myungsoo took one of the pictures where a three year old Krystal was also angry at the photographer. 

“L-ssi, I’m warning you. Give me that picture now.” 

“Why are you so formal all of a sudden?” Myungsoo knows that Krystal was up to something that's why she's using formal tone with him. 

“No reason, L-ssi. Don't you think that's a better nickname?” Krystal finally opened the door and Myungsoo had put down the sleeping kid. He then looked around him. The whole room is almost black and white. 

“I thought you're living at the apartment, why do you still have a lot of things here?” Myungsoo walked around while Krystal was looking for something in her bookshelf. 

“I have tons of things. Even in unnie’s house, I still have a room full of things there.” Krystal kept on ransacking her shelf. 

“Need help? What are you looking for anyway?” Myungsoo bent down next to Krsytal.

“Here!” Krystal pulled out a cd. It was Infinite’s cd. “L-ssi, could I get your autograph?” Krystal was smiling very sweetly at him. 

“Wow, our first album. It's been so long that I've seen this.” Krystal looked for a marker and gave it to him. “Oh, no,no. I’m not signing until you go back to calling me Soongie-oppa.”

“Please just your autograph please.” Krystal was using her puppy dog eyes. 

“You know the rule Jungie, call me Soongie-oppa and I’ll sign this.” Myungsoo was towering Krystal and Krystal moved backwards until her back hit the desk. “Just call me Soongie-oppa.”

“Can I just call you oppa then?” Krystal tried her best to look at Myungsoo's face. No way can she show that she is hiding something inside.

“Soongie-oppa, Jungie.”

“See? That's the reason why I can't call you Soongie-oppa.” 

“Huh? What do you mean?”

“Soongie-oppa then Jungie. It just sounds like my name. Like I’m calling myself.” 

Myungsoo threw a fit of laughter. The sound of it was music to the ears, but ither than that, their bodies were so close that Krystal could feel the vibration of his body as he laughs. 

“And here I thought we were going to square one and be awkward.” Myungsoo finally calmed down. “Ah Jungie. What to do with you?” Myungsoo grabbed her shoulders then. “Then how about Myunggie-oppa?” 

“It sounds like a kid's name. Are you sure about that?” Krystal could definitely melt in his stare. “Okay, Myunggie-oppa. Can you sign my cd now?” 

“Tsch. Only calls me oppa when she needs something from me. Aigoo my Jungie is taking advantage of me.” 

“Just sign Myunggie-oppa, there's still three cds here.” Krystal bent down again to take the other cds. 

“Is it safe to assume that I am your bias?” 

“No. Dongwoo-oppa is.”

“You call him oppa so easily while I have to force you to call me oppa. Why him?”

“Cause he’s funny.”

“Am I not funny?”

“No, you’re lame with jokes. And he dances well.”

“Have you not seen my dance earlier?”

“That's different. Dongwoo oppa and Hoya looks so good dancing.” Krystal was definitely teasing Myungsoo but he does not have to know that.

“Here. Your cds.” Myungsoo shoved it to Krystal's hands and proceeded to walk back to the bed. He sat down on the floor and took out his phone. Krystal could see him sulking. She went to him and sat next to him.

“Myunggie-oppa. Are you mad?” No answer. 

“Myunggie-oppa… I was just joking earlier. Of course you're my number one in Infinite.” 

Myungsoo was still playing with his phone. “You said they look good while dancing. What does that make me?” 

“Myunggie-oppa I was just joking. They just dance good. You dance and sing very good!” 

Myungsoo slowly put his phone back to his pocket. “Is that true? Or are you just saying that so I won't sulk anymore?” 

“Yes, Myunggie-oppa. That's true. You're number 1! Please don't be sad anymore.”

“Really? Hmmm… I won't be sad anymore, in one condition…” Myungsoo turned his body so that he would be facing Krystal. “Show me some aegyo.” He finally smiled at her.

“Fine oppa. But I’m just doing this because I feel bad for making you like that.” Krystal took a deep breath. “Myunggie-oppa, buing buing!” Immediately after that Krystal hid her face in her hands. “Aish, so embarrassing. I'm never doing that again.” 

Myungsoo just laughed and pulled Krystal's hands from her face. “Ah, cutie Jungie. What am I going to do with you?” 

“You keep on saying that as if I’m the one that you're taking care of. I am going to remind you that you're acting like a kid and it feels as if I’m not looking after Mansae, but you also.” Krystal was shaking her head.

The door opened at that time and Yoon Ji peeked inside the room. “Oh you guys are here already. I’m going to start cooking so if you guys want to help, head down.” Yoon Ji was definitely smiling even as she closed the door.

“I think that's our cue to start the feast.” Krystal stood up first and lent her hand to Myungsoo. Krystal tried to lift Myungsoo but to no avail. “Myunggie-oppa, move your now.” Myungsoo just smiled.

 

Nothing unsual happened in the dinner. Since it was not unusual anymore that Krystal's family kept on embarrassing her and very subtly touch on the topic of her love life. Krystal wants to think that it is a good thing that nothing happened after this day with the Kim siblings. If it were up to her, she likes it better that she could be seen as a friend that people could go to, maybe as a babysitter or what. This is better. That’s what Krystal keeps on pushing on her mind. 

Myungsoo and Mansae went home earlier and Krystal was left to try very hard to ignore her family that was constantly listing the good things about Myungsoo. As if she does not know those yet. Maybe she was spending too much time with Myungsoo. She has to do something if she does not want to fall hard on him. A man with that much charisma on stage while performing but at the same time has the tenderest heart with his baby brother, nobody could resist that. On her drive home, nothing comes up on her mind that does not include the two guys. 

“Aish. I have to eventually stop, right? This whole situation would eventually stop.” Krystal looks to Gomdori on the passenger seat. He was now wearing a handmade collar made by Mansae and her father. See, even her dog is reminding her of the day earlier. It would be nice to have that every day, but it seems that it would hurt once everything ends.

“Three weeks. I only have three weeks of vacation. If I manage to hurt myself within these three weeks, I don’t know what’s wrong with me.” With a sigh, she parked her car on the basement and went to the elevator. “I guess I’ll have to avoid them. Somehow.”