Reverse Babysitter

Hired Babysitter

Krystal opened her eyes as her phone ringed, she shut off her alarm but just laid on the bed. It has been more than a few hours since the electricity came back, but inside Krystal’s head, it’s all still black. She can’t think straight, especially after what happened just the night before. It did not help that she thinks she is not feeling too well. Sometimes after it rains, even if did not wet her, she would still get a slight fever and a cold. And here it was.

She grabbed her phone and tried playing some games. Nothing worked, she can’t focus on playing anything. She opened her messages and debated on talking with her friends or sister. In the end, she just exited the app again. She opened YouTube and just played the mix for the day suggested to her. Standing up, she looked over Gomdori who was still sleeping. She was about to go to the bathroom when the song played.

 

Busker Busker – Cherry Blossom Ending

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGVRIqOk0yM

geudaeyeo geudaeyeo geudaeyeo geudaeyeo geudaeyeo              

You, you, you, you, you

 

It had already been years since she heard this song. A smile crept up to her face. It had always been her favorite song to explain how she would want a date would be. Honestly, she knows that as celebrities/artists/singers/entertainers in the eyes of the public, they could never date as publicly as they would want. Luckily for her, she is not a very PDA (Public Display of Affection) type of person and what the lyrics say is enough for her.

 

oneureun uri gachi georeoyo i georireul

bame deullyeooneun jajangnorae eotteongayo

mollatdeon geudaewa dan duri son jabgo

al su eomneun i tteollimgwa duri georeoyo

 

Today, let’s walk together on this street

How is this lullaby that you hear on this night?

I hold hands with you, whom I didn’t know

As we walk together with this unknown trembling

 

At least for a moment, she forgot that she had a fever, the song giving her a blush as she listened to it. She proceeded to take a bath while humming to the song. Although their company had been more lenient about dating, she still had not found the man who would she want to do this with.

Only after putting on clothes did she release a sneeze and felt dizzy. She dropped herself on her bed once again as another song played.

 

Roy Kim – Love Love Love

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po77EfOiFaM

geudaeyeo na geudae nuneul

cheoeum bon sunganbuteo o nan

geudaeyeo nan al su eomneun

seolleneun hyanggi soge ppajyeo

nan geudae nuneul hangsang baraman bwasseotgo

geudaedo nareul hangsang baragil baraessso

na ijen malhal geoeyo i moksorie damaseo o

 

My dear, the moment

I first saw your eyes

My dear, I fell into an

unknown heart fluttering scent

I always only looked at your eyes

I hoped that you would always look at me too

I will tell you now with this voice

 

Gomdori jumped onto her bed and snuggled to her.

She sighed and wanted to press skip as she knows the next words to the song. She hugged Gomdori and whispered, “I wish I can use this voice to actually tell him that.”

She closed her eyes and the events that had happened last night flooded back to her.

After singing with Myungsoo, she was definitely looking at his eyes, his eyes smiling back to her. She indeed hoped that they would stay like that. She can still feel her heart beating again as how it was beating last night. If not for the TV turning back on as the electricity came back, she may have not dropped her gaze away from his. She immediately said goodnight to the brothers and as much as Mansae wanted Krystal to stay, Myungsoo explained to him that they had bothered her enough for the night.

Krystal opened her eyes as a knock came to her door. With her whole body protesting, she tried her best not to groan and wince and her whole world did not want to stay put. As she neared the door, she could hear Mansae and complaining about wanting to eat cereal. It made her smile and opened the door.

“Pretty Noona!” Mansae jumped and hugged her legs and Myungsoo stood next to the kid being slightly embarrassed about him.

“I’m sorry for bothering you this morning, Jungie. Mansae was sulking earlier.” Myungsoo noticed that Krystal’s hair was still wet. “But, if it’s not a good time now, we can go back later, right Mansae-ah?”

“No! Hyung, no!” Myungsoo and Krystal was slightly surprised at the outburst of Mansae. Myungsoo nudged Mansae.

“Oh, why Mansae-ah? What happened?” Krystal kneeled down to look at Mansae.

“I’m sorry Pretty Noona for shouting.” He was silent before saying, “I was just going to ask if you still have cereal? We brought milk!” And indeed at the door was a carton of milk.

Krystal laughed a little before letting them in. “Of course. If not for Mansae, no one could finish these boxes of cereal. You know where to get it Mansae-ah.” The kid nodded and jumped to the kitchen, hugging Gomdori as he went.

Krystal was about to follow Mansae but she stopped for a moment, almost losing her balance because of being dizzy. Myungsoo quickly supported her by the elbow and straightened her up.

Myungsoo’s forehead burrowed as he felt the heat coming from Krystal’s body. “Jungie, are you okay?” Myungsoo turned Krystal to her to look at her face. Indeed he could see that she was tired and he reached out to her forehead. Krystal tried to dodge him, “Oppa, I’m okay. Let’s go, you should eat some cereal too.”

“You have a fever. Do you have medicine here?” Myungsoo made Krystal sit on the couch. Krystal thought for a second before answering, “No, I forgot to stock up last month. But it’s okay, I’ll just eat some cereal and rest. I’ll be okay.”

“No way. You have to eat something healthy and take some medicine.” Krystal could not actually answer because it was the first time that she saw Myungsoo like that. He was quite stern and it was as if you could not say no to whatever he is saying.

He called on Mansae and the kid jumped to them. “Mansae, have you finished eating?” The kid nodded and also felt the intense aura of Myungsoo. “Would it be alright for you to get our medicine box upstairs and bring it here?” The kid quickly saluted and went on his way.

“But, oppa – “

“No buts. Just sit down here first.” Myungsoo then walked to the bathroom and got out with a towel in his hands. Suddenly feeling that Krystal was too stiff in her own house, he apologized immediately. “I’m sorry Jungie. I really don’t know what I was doing, see I even went to your bathroom without telling you.” He was rubbing his nape. “It’s just that, you have a fever and yet you still took a bath and did not even dry your hair.” He gave the towel to Krystal.

“Oh.” It was as if Krystal only realized her hair was indeed wet. “It’s okay, Oppa. I wasn’t feeling that bad earlier. I thought a shower could help me.” She smiled to him. “Thank you, Oppa.”

“You know, if you were not sick, I would have already punished you.” Krystal’s eyes widened with his words. He chuckled and pat her head. “Just for today, I won’t berate you to call me Myungie-oppa.”

Krystal fought hard not to blush on what he was saying and tried to change the topic. “Oppa – Myungie-oppa, you should take Mansae upstairs with you, he might get sick too. I’m sorry I just forgot he might get a cold.” At the same time, Mansae was knocking on the door. Krystal was about to stand up and open the door, but Myungsoo just gave her a look and she immediately sat back down and dried her hair.

“Hyung! I got the medicine box. But, Hyung, who’s sick? Is Pretty Noona sick? Or is it Gomdori?” Mansae was about to go inside the room but Myungsoo stopped him.

“Mansae, Pretty Noona is sick.” Mansae’s eyes widened and was about to run to Krystal. “So I need you to be a good boy and stay on our house. Hyung would stay here and take care of Pretty Noona, okay? You can do that, right?”

“But Mansae wants to take care of Pretty Noona too.” The kid was sad and Myungsoo tried his best to explain to him.

“Mansae-ah, you might get sick too. Could you please stay upstairs and watch TV? Hyung would be there as soon as Soojung is okay.”

Mansae nodded. “Okay hyung. But you have to take care of Pretty Noona. Mansae could watch TV by  himself. Don’t worry about Mansae.” He then looked at Krystal. “Pretty Noona, Hyung would take care of you, you don’t have to worry about anything!”

Krystal was touched by the two brothers. It has been a while since someone actually told her words like that. At the same time, she felt that Mansae would be lonely by himself.

“Myungie-oppa, you should stay with Mansae, he might be lonely if he’s alone upstairs.” Myungsoo knows that too, but he could not just leave Soojung on her own knowing that she’s sicker than she actually feels.

Just then, someone entered the living room. Myungsoo smiled and looked at Krystal. “Jungie, is it okay for Gomdori to stay with Mansae?”

Mansae jumped up and down and repeating “Could he?” to Krystal.

Krystal looked at her dog who was seeing the doom impending. She nodded and Mansae ran to get Gomdori and rushed out of the room saying his goodbye and take care.

Krystal was currently back to her bed and indeed she was sicker than she thought. Her head was pounding and she kept on coughing and sneezing.

Amidst the music that was still playing on her phone, she could hear the sounds coming from her kitchen. Just a few moments before, Myungsoo all but pushed Krystal to rest as he would cook some breakfast for her.

She closed her eyes. Indeed, her heart was pounding two times faster but it was not because she was sick, but the mere thought that Myungsoo was taking care of her made her blush even on the inside.

Never even in her dreams would she think that a time would come that Myungsoo would cook for her. Okay, that was a lie. She had tons of those dreams where Myungsoo was her boyfriend. Even one where Myungsoo was her husband. She let out a small scream from those thoughts.

Immediately, Myungsoo ran to her room and asked her what’s wrong. As if the words were caught up in as she saw Myungsoo wearing a strawberry-printed apron and holding a soup ladle. She blushed some more making Myungsoo worried that she might be getting sicker.

“Jungie, you’re face is so red. Let me check if your fever is going up.”

“Aniyo, oppa. I’m okay. I just- “ She looked around for anything. She quipped up, “I just really like this so much!” She pointed to her phone, not even knowing what song was playing. Myungsoo stopped in his tracks and listened to the music playing from her phone.

 

K.Will – Love Blossom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDpa8JWft_c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRGOb6aKcgw

 

Ibaneseo baram masi dalkomhan achim

Saehayan iburwiro danneun haessari joha

Seolleneun jeonhwabelsori, geudaeingayo

Seoltang han seupun damgin sori hello, hello

 

Bomi wa, i geori wie

Bomi wa, naui gaseumsoge

Wae iri na deultteuna molla oh

 

The sweet morning breeze in my mouth

With the sun shining over the white blanket

Comes a ring that makes my heart flutter, could that be you?

With the sound of a spoon of sugar, hello, hello

 

Spring comes, into this street

Spring comes, into my heart

Don’t know why I am so excited, oh

 

Krystal too listened to whatever song it was. Remembering she was playing it on YouTube, the music video for the song was on her screen. She tried to hide it from Myungsoo but it seemed that he saw it already and was grinning.

“You should rest first, Jungie. I’m halfway done with your breakfast.” But before he truly went out, he added, “Remember to give the video a thumbs up.”

And with that Krystal buried her head into her blankets and pillows.