One Condition

Hired Babysitter

Myungsoo closed the stove and transferred some soup to a bowl. He stopped for a moment before smiling. Never had he thought he would actually do these kind of things for anyone. In his group, others would always volunteer to cook their food. It was only when he would be with his family that he would cook.

Taking out his phone, he took a picture of the food and uploaded it on his Instagram. Hashtagging that he missed cooking for others. He closed it and proceeded to Krystal’s room. Little did he know that it would actually spark comments, fans wishing that they would cook for them, and even s complaining that he should cook for them. Among those comments was one from ‘jesica.syj’ a simple wide-eyed emoticon. It was fortunate that a lot of his other colleagues commented so Jessica’s was not too obvious.

As he walked, he stopped short when he heard that Krystal’s phone was still playing,

John Park – Baby

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIneKlXsLUY

sasil tireul naegin sirheo

aesseo tto kul han

cheog mareul geol jiman

jeoldae joheun ge anin geol

na ojig geudael wihaeseo

kkog hago sipeun geon

 

Actually, I don’t

want to be obvious

I try to be cool and talk to you

It’s not that I like you or anything

There are just some things

I want to do only for you

 

He stood outside her room and saw that she was sleeping. He smiled before walking up to her.

eum sigeul haejun dadeonji

noraereul mandeulgo sipeo

iraetdeon naega aninde

eojjeol su eobtneun geol

I want to cook for you

I want to write songs for you

I wasn’t like this before

But I can’t help it

 

He touched her forehead and felt that she still has a fever. Krystal’s face scrunched up from the contact, a little pout coming from . He turned off the music from her phone.

In a small voice, Myungsoo muttered, “I can’t help it.” He lowered his gaze to Krystal’s and tried to wake her up. He chuckled a little as Krystal blinked her eyes opened and kept on blinking.  A small “huh?” was heard before Myungsoo finally laughed out loud. Noticing that it was real, Krystal blushed and greeted Myungsoo.

“Can you stand up? I already finished cooking. Or do you want to eat here?” Krystal finally understood what he was saying. In her head, a skit was playing where Myungsoo would feed her and even blow the food for her. “Aniyo, oppa!”

Quickly standing up, she bumped her head into Myungsoo and a shooting pain entered her head. Myungsoo was also holding onto his forehead. Krystal fell back on the bed and muttered a few ouch before gaining back her senses. Myungsoo once again laughed.

“Oppa, it’s not funny. I hurt you too.” Krystal was massaging her head. Myungsoo chuckled and ruffled her hair, “Aigoo, Jungie. It’s okay. And it is funny, you should see your reactions, they are top notch. Totally deserving of a prize.”

Thinking about her situation and how she indeed just made a fool of herself, she laughed too. “And what would that prize be?” Krystal stood up and started walking to the kitchen with Myungsoo following her.

“Me.” She froze in her tracks and swiftly turned around, causing another wave of dizziness to hit her. Once again, Myungsoo chuckled at her antics.

“Ugh, Oppa, stop joking like that. Now my head hurts more.” Krystal turned her face to the front to avoid Myungsoo seeing her reaction to the words he said. Inside Krystal, she was kept on saying, “It was a joke” to keep her calm. But hearing the next words, it made her whole body be whoozy.

“But I’m not joking, Jungie.”

Letting out an awkward laugh, “Oppa, I think you’re just hungry too. We should eat now. You’re not thinking straight.”

A flash of sadness came to Myungsoo but he quickly changed it to a smile. “No, it’s okay. You should go eat. I have to go back to Mansae. Who knows what he done to Gomdori.” Smiling to Krystal, he reminded her to take her medicine before leaving the room.

Too quiet. It was too quiet for Krystal. It was her turn to feel lonely. She made her way to the table and saw the bowl of soup and side dishes Myungsoo prepared, it was actually for two people. Sensing something, Krystal took out her phone, wanting to call Myungsoo, but a message from her sister caught her attention first.

“Yah! Are you two playing house now? I know those plates.  That was my gift to you! You can’t lie to me!” Then a screenshot of Myungsoo’s Instagram page with the photo he took was attached to the message.

She looked at the food again and was about to reply to Jessica when a knock came on the door. Not minding that her sudden raising up gave her a whiplash, she ran to the door.

And there was Myungsoo holding Gomdori on his arms. The dog seeing his owner felt relieved as with the sight of his home.

“Oh, Oppa. Thank you for bringing him back.” Myungsoo nodded and they were quiet for a minute.

“Mansae fell asleep holding on to Gomdori. I had to think of ways to get him out of Mansae’s arms.”

“Ah, I hope it was not much of a bother.” Krystal’s heart was beating too fast. She can’t even look at Myungsoo.

Can’t stand the awkwardness, Myungsoo was rubbing his nape, “I guess I should head up now.” He was about to walk away when Krystal mustered her courage to drop Gomdori and reached out to Myungsoo’s arm.

“Oppa.” As if both of them were startled at what happened, Myungsoo looked at Krystal. “Oppa, you cooked for two people and I don’t think I can eat it all.” Krystal then dropped her gaze, trying to hide the blush creeping up on her face.

Myungsoo was not answering but a smile was plastered on his face.

“On one condition.” Krystal’s heartbeat was at it again. Not knowing what he might say next, she can’t help but to think about the last thing they talked about, him being her prize.

“Call me Myungie-oppa.”

Krystal was embarrassed in herself that she thought about the wrong thing. She blew out a sigh of relief, “Okay, Myungie-oppa.” Myungsoo smiled and looped her hand that was in his arm. He then made her sit down at the dining area.

After saying their thanks for the food, Krystal was surprised about the food. “No offense, Myungie-oppa, but I never would have known that you cooked so well.” She smiled at him and continued on eating.

Myungsoo was also eating, seeing Krystal enjoy the food, he sheepishly smiled before coughing to get her after they finished eating. He gave her the medicine which Krystal thanked him for. Myungsoo took out his phone and snapped a photo at the finished food. As Krystal was taking the medicine, she did not see it. In his phone, Myungsoo uploaded it again to his Instagram, writing in the caption that the person he made this for enjoyed it, and as the person who made it, seeing the person happy makes him happy. It was one of his few sappy Instagram posts and immediately fans commented, s commenting that he was too cringey.  He laughed and it made Krystal look at him who was drinking water.

“I just remembered I have one more condition.” Krystal paused and swallowed. Myungsoo chuckled at her reaction.

“Another one opp- Myungie-oppa? I thought calling you was it?” She can’t help to feel her heartbeat going twice as fast again.

Myungsoo shook his head and his dimples showed. “The condition is that you have to get well fast.” Krystal sighed for relief again, but before she can answer, Myungsoo stood up and leaned over to her side of the table. “So that we can go out for our date tomorrow.”

Krystal sputtered and was not able to form any word. “And I would take that reaction as a yes to my invitation.” He patted her hair and smiled directly at her face. “So, rest well. I’ll call to wake you up for the next time you need to drink your medicine.” He went out of her unit before she could even truly say anything.

Her face became full red and a series of beeping came from her phone. In a daze, she opened her phone seeing a group chat was made with her family. Jessica made it and sent to their mother and father the two Instagram posts of Myungsoo and the “evidences” Jessica found that it was indeed for Krystal. There was Jessica’s own photos with the plates, and a zoomed in picture of the glass of water which reflected Krystal’s phone. Immediately, Young Chul and Yoon Ji sent in emojis and messages of question about it.

Krystal can’t help but be embarrassed by what was happening. “If they reacted so much with that, what more when I tell them that I’m going on a date with him tomorrow.”

As if those words made her stop, made her realize it was actually true.

It did not help that the next notification she got was that Myungsoo was added to the group chat.

Young Chul: Honey, why is Soojung not answering?

Yoon Ji: Maybe she’s asleep. Having her beauty rest?

Young Chul: Isn’t it too early? Yah, Soojung-ah, answer our questions.

Jessica: No way she’s asleep. They just finished eating. So, if she won’t answer… let’s get someone to answer for us…

[Kim Myungsoo was added by Sooyeon Jung]

Myungsoo: Oh! Annyeonghaseyo!

Jessica: Yeah yeah, good morning too. So since Soojungie is not answering us. You do the talking. Backread fast.

Jessica: Am I right? Did you cook for our Soojungie?

Myungsoo: Uhm, yes, I did. Soojung has a fever and I made her some breakfast.

A flurry of it’s true was seen sent by Yoon Ji smirking emoticons from Jessica.

Young Chul: Okay, Myungsoo, let’s have a serious talk here. There are so many questions that I want to ask you first being that what are you doing in my daughter’s house so early in the morning, but rather, I want to ask… what are your plans with our baby girl?

Yoon Ji: Hey, stop that. Don’t scare the kid! We need him to answer our questions.

Young Chul: I have to know.

Jessica: Let Myungsoo type you guys!

Krystal just groaned and could not even type anything to reply. In her head, she wants to curse whoever made Myungsoo answer her parents. Her fingers froze as Myungsoo typed on.

Myungsoo: Actually Omonim, Abeonim, Noona, I just asked out Soojung for a date, tomorrow if she would already be well already. Would that be alright with you? I promise not to do anything that would be against your rules. I hope that you would permit me to take her out. (pleading emoticon)

Another flurry of yesses were sent by the three people. Listing the things that Myungsoo should do or where to take her. Young Chul and Yoon Ji even volunteered to look after Mansae.

Amidst all this, Krystal can’t help but to try and muffle her scream. Outside her unit, Myungsoo was still standing. He was not able to get up his own unit as notifications kept flooding his phone. As  he heard Krystal, he typed in the next words.

Myungsoo: Rest well for tomorrow, Soojung-ah (smiley emoticon)