Part 7

The human weapon | JungkookxReader
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You what?” questioning with confused brows, you held tightly to the warm cup of coffee. Jungkook’s morning hair being ruffled, while Namjoon leaned onto the bar-chair watching your features change.  

“I owe you 90.000 krw” Namjoon repeated, to where you only could become more confused, to when you had no memory giving him so much money. His smile widening, while patting on Jungkook’s shoulder to gather his attention.  

“At the wedding. Mina asked me after you both left, if I could set up a date. Now, I thought it was just a joke, because you two were awfully close that night. But she texted me today, if I could ask Jungkook for her” Adding to his sentence, that only sent an annoying headache to rise, of the lousy idea. Jungkook on the other hand, was nothing but confused and oblivious of what was going on between you and Namjoon. “What do you say Jungkook? Wanna meet a cute girl?”  

Jungkook’s huge eyes were planted on you, to either analyse or just plainly looking for an escape route. Namjoon was nothing more than excited, to see the process of a robot interaction with a human girl. For his brain, he would think of it as an experiment and teach his creation, what the real dating world was about for a guy.  

“I-I don’t know” Jungkook stuttered, still unaware of the situation that he was going to meet a ‘cute’ girl. Namjoon only clapped his shoulder for comfort, to encourage the young man. “It’s okay Jungkook, I promise you ,she’s cute. She only asks for a single meet up, and since you have been spending time with Y/N for a long time, it shouldn’t be a problem! Also, I told her you would get her this evening….so… what do you say big guy?”  

“You told her he would get her tonight?? Without even asking him first?” You remarked annoyed, only receiving a simple nod from your friend. Catching Jungkook’s eyes, trying to read what he’s thinking without results, and that you felt a type of jealousy at the thought of another woman in his life, besides you.  

“I don’t know, I feel okay with just being aro-”  

“You know what, you have already set the date. It will only be bad, if he keeps away from it….” You blurted out, stopping Jungkook to finish his sentence. His shocked expression toying with your heart, as you sighed deeply. “He’s right, Jungkook. You should go on that date…-” You explained, avoiding any further eye contact. Who knew, maybe Jungkook could scan your emotions as he’s programmed, knowing how you felt of the idea. But the way your heart was tearing, were not enough to change your mind. “-I also have one with Taehyung anyways” Finishing the sentence, sensing the burning stare from Jungkook, drilling into your soul.  

“Then that’s settled! Let’s hurry find some clothes JJ97!” Namjoon clapped his hands, pulling Jungkook’s arm towards the bedroom to find a desired date outfit. Your eyes catching a last glimpse of Jungkook never-ending eyes on your body, wanting to stop him right there. Fishing your phone out of your pocket when the boys were out of sight, you tapped the magic words before already receiving a quick reply.  

Only a few hours have passed, being separated by yourself in the living room. The sound of Namjoon teaching Jungkook the necessities of a date, with the smooth tips of how to handle a woman. The sound of things moved and feet stomping, to only let your curiosity peek. Sitting in your own state of daydreaming with your prettiest dress you could find in the closet, there was something tugging your body not to go anywhere. But watching Jungkook appear in a plain white tee and leather jacket, matched well with his newly bought jeans, you could barely keep your eyes off him. The messy hair, as if it was morning, but on purpose with a chic look. His cologne, of manliness that no woman could deflect from. Namjoon on the side, looked rather proud of his work and were anticipating a successful date with results.  

“Wow Namjoon… you did…. incredible.” You awed, scanning the boy in amazement. Jungkook’s cheeks flushing at your stare, to only avoid any eye contact for the remaining time. Namjoon bowing as thanks, before leaving towards the exit fetching the car outside. Leaving you and Jungkook alone, while the silence took over the both of you. Your outfits oddly matching, as if it was you two going on a date together.  

“So… excited to see Mina?” You asked to break the silence, catching his dark brown eyes again. Your heart thumbing like never before, as he smiled lightly. Shrugging his shoulders in an answer, like nothing were important. “What about you?” He questioned back, biting on his bottom lip, to get the conversation flowing. Jungkook were not surprised of your decision to see Taehyung, he was just hurt that it wasn’t him, you were going on a date with.  

“I don’t know… I’m not expecting anything really” you answered bluntly, making Jungkook’s heart flutter with hope. The sound of a horn in the background, signalling that Namjoon was ready to go and only needed his experiment to get there. “I have to go…” He muttered under his breath, trying to catch a last glimpse of regret on your face. You didn’t want to look at him, you couldn’t. His hands brushing your soft hair, to get your attention to watch his wide smile brighten and sending you to heaven. “I’ll be home at 10” He whispered, before leaving for the exit. His hands still echoing on your body, watching it wither away into thin air. Left alone, to sooth your heart before Taehyung would arrive at your doorstep.  

“I’m really glad you accepted my offer” Taehyung blurted out, as he looked up on the dark sky while the stars glistered in return. His hands neatly in his pocket to save the warmth like you, walking along the tiny river close to your house. Taehyung offered to take you come, after the date came to an end and you excused to be tired.

“You have said that ever since you came to get me, don’t you have another pick up line?” You teased, receiving his familiar boxy smile that you were so deeply in love with. His arm swung around you, feeling his temperature rise on your side of the closeness. It felt right, but so wrong with him. Your head were always thinking about Jungkook with Mina, whether they would be going to a hotel or other fun activities, that Namjoon perhaps have tipped off.  

“Okay, you got me. It’s just so nice to see you after so long… it’s been quite lonely.”He confessed sending chills down your spine, as if you knew he was speaking the truth, despite convincing yourself otherwise. It’s been ages since you have spent time with Taehyung like this, like nothing in the world mattered except you two. The same path as you always took when walking together, seeing the things on replay when nothing has changed since then.  

“Whose fault is that?” You remarked without thinking, feeling the anger grow in your stomach at the thought. Taehyung bit on his bottom lip, knowing he deserved that comment like everything else coming his way. You couldn’t control the jealousy and hatred towards those memories, watching him spending time with your best friend. Bei

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter