Part 6

The human weapon | JungkookxReader
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Taehyung.” Turning around, you were met with your ex-boyfriend. He looked older and mature, rather y in fact. When you dated him, he was such a dork around you but quickly changed, knowing what he was up to later on.

“Wow…. It’s really you.” He continued to speak, stepping closer into the light. He was tanned, and suited in a tux like the others. A button unopened, to reveal the chocolate sweetness of his skin flash. Taking in a deep breath, you tried to forget the break and enjoy your night.

“Yeah, it’s me. I didn’t see you at the wedding ceremony?”

“I was late.”

“I see one thing hasn’t changed.” You blurted out, wanting to facepalm immediately. Taehyung might be your ex-boyfriend that broke your heart in a dirty way, but it didn’t mean you should make him remember. Maybe, he had changed.

“Yeah… You look beautiful, by the way.” He smiled, the smile you hated. Because, it bought back the great memories shared laughing together. In a boxy shape, you couldn’t help but mirror. You wished it was only Jungkook that could make you feel butterflies rising inside, but it couldn’t be fulfilled.

“Thanks. You don’t look so bad either.”

“I have to catch up with a few guests, mind I’ll come around later this evening? To catch up.” You felt weird, about how he wanted to catch up. Was it for the friends’ sake, or something else. He didn’t give you a bad vibe, and maybe for tonight, you would have an amazing night surrounded with loving friends.

“Sure, I’ll have to go back to the others too” An awkward nod of exchanging, you both parted ways with an odd feeling lingering in your stomach. Taehyung made you get butterflies, but he also made you feel an uneasiness of what you never got over.

“Are you okay, you look a little… uncomfortable?” Jungkook questioned, putting a hand around your waist. Normally, you would feel odd about it but this time, it felt right. The burn in the bottom of your stomach disappeared, not letting a simple guy ruin your whole evening.

“No, I’m fine. Don’t worry”

Within minutes, you dined into the food and wine. You had your annual discussion about science and human emotions with Namjoon, while Jin tried to rationalise everything. It was like a family dinner, with a little more spice around it. Even though the topics could get heated, it never failed to put a smile on the whole group. It was enjoyable, and later, after drinking multiple glasses of wine you knew, it was about to be real fun. Your mom tried to figure out the mystery boy about Jungkook, as well for Jin. Namjoon would yet again, explain everything about a lost cousin or something. In the end, you let Namjoon take over the spiral of lies in the conversation.

Though, the music, food and drinks were great. Something was bothering you, not just one thing, but two. Jungkook was quickly fascinated by new people, and a lot of the girls were too. You noticed your sister’s old classmates, finding their seat beside Jungkook whenever you left to the toilet. You were soon enough, seated beside Namjoon who was probably solid happy-drunk. Watching Jungkook being surrounded by girls, you felt… jealous. Was it happiness too? There was something, that made you happy about that he could talk with them. That someone, would take an interest. But, it made you jealous. You wanted to tell them, to scoot away because it was your seat. There was just this thing, you hated jealousy and knew how to control it. In whatever way, you always found a way to distract yourself. To turn around the way of jealousy and greed became mixed up, to pure happiness. Not only was Jungkook’s innocence bothering you, but from just two tables away, someone always got their eyes on you. Taehyung was staring intensely at you, and there is no knowledge for how long. Whenever you peeked, he was already watching. You didn’t understand, if he wanted to talk, he should come over. But, maybe that was just a foolish wish for something else.

“How much, do you wanna bet, that Mina is going to ask Jungkook on a date one day?” Jin took away your attention, feeling his arrogance grow upon your shoulders.

“90.000 KRW.” You called, making his eyes pop. Pursing his lips into a thin line, he looked upon the flirtatious girl that sat next to Jungkook.

“Deal. I see you’re confident.”

“Oh please. Everyone can tell, that she will ask him out one day. The poor boy probably doesn’t know what a date is, and just politely accepts it.” You scoffed, trying to sip the last of your white wine. Sour but with a taste of bitterness underneath.

“Someone’s jealous?”

“And what if I was?”

“Ask him to dance then!” Jin requested, making your shake your head.

“No way, Jin. I can’t dance, and I will not him.” You chuckled, taking the last bit of your drink left in the wineglass. Jin exhaled in exhaustion, getting caught by a figure walking closer. To your amazement, Jungkook was standing in a light bow and a free hand, asking for a dance.

“Can I have this dance, Princess?” You were in shock and too flushed to react, before Jin pushed you towards Jungkook. With a quick reflex, you were in the arms of him, escorted towards the dance floor. A new song starting, while finding the right posture for a dance. Centimetres between each other and hands connected, you were swaying together along the rhythm. Jungkook was quite good and was leading you better than expected.

“Did Namjoon teach you to call the girl a pet name?” You questioned to break the silence, making him smile fondly.

“He told me, it was something girls really liked”

“Fortunately, he is right. Damn right” You chuckled, feeling Jungkook’s hand squeeze on the small of your back. Your hips and chest coming closer, going from two to one. Your head fit perfectly along his chest and the crook of his neck, hoping the song would never end.

“I’m happy, you asked me to come with you” Jungkook whispered against your ear, making it burn along everything he touched. You didn’t know, if it was the alcohol that made your heart race and every piece of limb felt numb.

“It wouldn’t feel right if you weren’t with me…” The hand on your back, swirled tiny movement of sending warmth to your

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter