XI

Unpleasantly Beautiful

HEI GUYS! I hope you guys enjoy the 10 chapters that I posted :D This will be the last chapter huhuhu :( but just like 72 Friday, I have a epilogue for this one! Comment on this and tell me if I should post the epilogue or not! Thankyou so much for wasting your time (?) on reading my fanfiction and I enjoy writing it for you guys as well! XOXO! Babylee

 

Erin listened to her teacher carefully. She was running out on breath but she liked that feeling, she enjoyed the rush and the feelings of being tired because of practice. She knew that it would be a really good experience for her.

“Erin-ah, your lock is not strong enough” her dance coach told her, “make it stronger all the way to the ending!”

“Yes sir” Erin nodded and looked at the mirror in front of her. The dance room was only contained her and her teacher and they had been practicing for more than 3 hours. Her dance partner, still couldn’t make it after 3 days training. She looked at her coach and asked him, “seongsaenim” She called him, “who’s my dancing partner? I believe I supposed to be with him by now”

“Well, he’s busy,” The coach looked at him and the mirror in front of him, “go from the top! We’ll start over again”

Erin nodded and stood up to go back to practice. She went to her position and her teacher was ready to play the music.

 

KNOCK KNOCK

 

“Who is that...” The teacher sighed and looked at the door. He opened the door and opened it immediately. He looked at a guy standing in front of the door and smiled, “Joochan! Come in!” the teacher smiled brightly and invited the guy to come in. The guy looked around and saw Erin standing in her position and smiled at her.

“Erin, he will be your partner, he’s Joochan from Woolim,” The teacher introduced her to him, “you know him right?”

“Yeah he’s kinda famous” Erin laughed and gave her hand to Joochan, “nice to meet you Joochan! I’m Erin! Lets get along!”

“You become famous after you dated Mark” Joochan laughed, “and I’m a friend of Yura so I already know you, but it was so nice to see you too. You’re really nice”

“And she’s also really good” the teacher added, “lets go, we don’t have much time and the stage will be in 2 days, we better be hurry”

Erin smiled and nodded. Joochan put his bag and went immediately to his position which is next to Erin. Once again, the teacher went to the speaker and about to play the music,

 

KNOCK KNOCK!

 

He sighed, “who the hell is that?!” He got angry and opeed the door immediately, “let me see!”. He opened the door and found a first year student looking at the door and him with fear.

“Who are you?” He asked.

“Someone asked me to deliver this to Erin sunbaenim sir” The kid looked really scared and looked at Erin, “Sunbaenim, I am so sorry but I need to deliver this to you” the boy hand her a big boquet of black roses with white.

“Why are you saying sorry! This looks really pretty!” Erin ran to the flowers disregard her teacher looking at her weirdly, “I will take the flowers okay? thankyou so much!”

“Is there anything else?” the teacher asked.

“ Yes sir” The boy looked scared, “the sender also said that she better beware”. He looked at the teacher and bowed, “I am so sorry sir I need to go!”

“YAA!” The teacher looked at Erin with the pretty flowers and looked at her, “who is that from?” he asked, “is there any card?”

Erin peeked at the flowers and found a white card in it. she opened the card and saw the writings in there.

 

Beware. I dare you to dance

 

“WHAT?” Erin looked upset a little bit, “this person dare me to dance but sending me a hate mail? That’s weird!”

“Maybe he’s just joking” Joochan approached her and looked at her, “you know, maybe it’s your secret admirer”

“I don’t have any”

“You just don’t know” Joochan laughed. He looked at the teacher and he also smiled. “come on, lets go practice, don’t let this person stop you”

“Hell yeah I won’t stop!” Erin looked ambitious all of the sudden. She looked at the mirror wall and took her position immediately, “Joochan-ssi! Lets practice now! I’m ready!”

 

***

 

Erin looked at her book trying so hard on paying attention to the class. She was bored because it was her last class and the sun started to set. She looked around and saw her friends were also starting to get really sleepy.

 

 

 

Knock knock!!

 

 

 

The teacher and the whole room looked at the door. "And who would that be?" The teacher walked towards the door and looked at the door, but no one was there. Erin frowned and looked at the door carefully, and found a flower on the ground.

 

 

 

"Sir there's a flower on the floor!" One of the student screamed and he took the bouquet of flowers immediately. He looked at the card and read it "dear Erin, good luck tomorrow! And be careful"

 

 

 

"OOOOOOOHHH"

 

 

 

Everyone started to scream after hearing the  note coming from the flowers. The flowers itself is a tulip with orange, red and white color and it looked really pretty on the bouquet. Erin looked at the teacher and he gave the flowers to her.She looked around and saw everyone who were also wondering with her. It’s almost a week since she received her first flowers and it bother her a lot, although she liked the flowers so much.

“Maybe it’s from Joochan” one of her friend mumbled to her, “he’s your dancing partner right?”

“You’re so lucky!” The other girl said to her, “Joochan, Mark, Jaehyun sunbaenim, who else?”

“I am sure this is not Joochan-ssi” Erin smiled, “he was there when I received the first bouquet...” Erin looked carefully at the bouquet and looked at everyone in the room. Everyone was there, including Mark. And he seemed like he could not care less. ‘It’s not Mark then...’ she sighed. She put the bouquet in her table and continue to focus on studying.

 

After 30 minutes, the class was finally over. She packed her bag and ready to go out from class. She had dinner plan tonight with Hyeji and Simon, but first, she needed to go home first because she needed to change.

 

“Erin-ah!”

 

She looked back and saw Arin walking towards her. She smiled and looked at her nicely, “Hello Arin-ssi!” she greeted her nicely, “why? Is everything okay?”

“Hmm yeah” Arin nodded, “I just want to say goodluck for tomorrow,” Arin looked at the tulips that Erin had in her hands and smiled, “nice flowers, you’re really lucky”

“Yeah!” Erin nodded and smiled while looking at the flowers she has, “I always love tulips you know, they’re just sweet”

“I know...” Arin nodded, “uhmm... is it okay if we talk for a while?”

“uhm sure... I guess...” Erin awkwardly answered. She never talked personally with Arin. She remembered the last time she had a personal talk with her was accross the river during camp few months back. Erin and Arin walked together to the corner of the class and they took the back seat and sat there. “So, what do you want to talk about?” Erin asked her.

“I just want you to know that there’s nothing between me and Mark”

 

 

Erin gasped inside for a second. She knew that Arin was close but she never knew that nothing happened to them. Yura was right, she supposed to asked Mark first for explanation. “And.. why are you telling me this?” Erin tried to be cool.

“Well.. I know that you guys are close and... you might like him” Arin stated her opinion, “I just don’t want you to have a misunderstanding between us”

“Why did he hug you then few days ago?” Erin asked Arin out of curiousity.

“Well.. he said he wanted to have this girl to be his girlfriend for life” Arin smirked and looked at her, “that girl is one lucky she stole Mark from me”

“You...” Erin looked at Arin.

“I’m just joking!” Arin laughed, “but she is one lucky girl. I like Mark because he’s kind, but I will never push him to like me, anyway, it’s my fault”

“I am so sorry Arin” Erin heard her.

“No that’s not a big deal!” Arin laughed, “so? What do you think? Do you think this girl will accept Mark?”

Erin knew that Arin knew that it’s her. She looked at the tulips that she has in her hands, “Maybe she will” Erin smiled.

 

***

 

Joochan looked at the person in front of him closely, “So you want me not to come tomorrow to the dance?” He looked at the person. The person nodded and Joochan frowned a little bit, “why?”

“You don’t need to know” The person he talked to just answered shortly.

“But Erin-“

“I will handle her..” The guy he was talking to looked at Joochan seriously. Joochan smiled and looked at him even closer.

“You’re jealous” Joochan made a guess. The guy did not answer at all, “I will still go tomorrow, but I’m not going to dance with her, if that’s what you want”

“That would be nice” The guy smiled, “and oh, do you have your practice video?”

“Yeah I have it on my phone” Joochan answered without any doubt, “why? do you need it?”

“Yes please” the guy answered with a smile on his face.

 

***

 

October 31

 

Erin looked at her make up and her costume. She looked adorable as a tinkerbell that night and she was really ready to perform. She practiced long enough with Joochan and she was really sure that she would do well that day.

Erin looked around and saw Arin preparing for her stage with Jaera as well. She looked at Jaemin, Jeno, and Haechan who were in the same backstage as her. They looked really ready and everyone was prepared already.

But still, there were no sign of Mark and Joochan.

 

“Where the hell are they?” The teacher started to screamed at everyone, “is there anyone who see Mark or Joochan? Especially Joochan! His stage with Erin will be in 10 minutes!”

Erin sighed. Was this the kind of destiny she would have for the rest of her life? Never perform and touching the stage with pro? She sulked inside of her heart and she felt desperate. She wanted to do well but she couldn’t because she had a lot of thing on her mind.

“Erin-ah!” She heard a voice and saw Jaehyun walking towards her. She smiled and waved back at Jaehyun. Jaehyun looked at her and shook his head, “you look really pretty today Erin the fairy!”

“Stop!” Erin laughed and blushed. Jaehyun laughed even more and hand a flower in his hands to her, “these are for you,”

Erin looked at the white flowers from Jaehyun and looked at him with shock, “this is a very nice flowers! I really love it! thank you!”

“You’re really welcome” Jaehyun smiled, “well, I assume you’re ready for the stage”

“Yes I am, but Joochan is nowhere to be found” Erin sulked and looked around, “where is he anyway? Does he hate me?”

“Well, I don’t think so” Jaehyun smiled and Erin’s hair, “everything is going to be fine Erin-ah.. just be patient okay?”. Hearing that, Erin was a bit calm and waited for Joochan.

 

“5 minutes!!”

 

Erin heard the stage manager screamed and Joochan was still not there. Jaehyun also worried because Erin looked really stressed, “do you want me to look for him?”

“No that’s okay, it will bother you” Erin sighed, “maybe he really doesn’t want to come”. Erin looked at her dance teacher who looked worried because Joochan was not there with her.

The teacher approached Erin and looked at her desperately, “Erin-ah, if Joochan is not here, we need to-“

“Here! HERE!!!”

 

Erin looked around and saw Mark running towards her and the teacher, “seongsaenim, let me do this with Erin”

“But you don’t know the routine” The teacher looked at Mark weirdly, “dream on Mark, you will only make it worst”

“No! I know every step! Joochan actually asked me to replace him!” Mark looked at the teacher and showed him his phone. In Mark’s phone there was a text from Joochan who asked Mark to replace him clearly.

“No way” Erin looked at Mark, “I-I-“

“You just need to trust me,” Mark looked at Erin and smiled, “you trust me right?”

“B-but-“

“We have no choice Erin” the teacher looked at Mark and nodded at him, “you will replace Joochan. Do well okay? or I will cut your score”

“Yes sir! You can always count on me!” Mark smiled and looked at Erin who still looked nervous. He looked at Jaehyun who looked at him with an awed.

“This is you isn’t it?” Jaehyun looked at Mark, “you asked Joochan not to come did you?”. Answering that, Mark only smiled. Erin herself looked at Mark with an ‘o’ in and she hit him immediately.

“I hate you I hate you I hate you!” She kept saying that word while hitting on Mark, “please understand priority! I’ve been waiting for this stage and you almost ruin it!”

“I am so sorry Erin-ah” Mark looked at her closely and seriously from eye to eye, “I just don’t want to see you with any other man, and I want to be your first dancing partner on stage”

“It still doesn’t make sense to me!” Erin screamed, “I really hate you!”

“You do?” Mark looked at Erin seriously.

“I don’t but the thing is-“

“So you don’t hate me. Okay,” Mark smiled and stole a kiss on Erin’s forehead, “I love you Erin-ah”

 

 

“Ya...” Jaehyun looked at Mark and Erin. Erin’s face was really red right now and Mark could only laugh seeing her.

Erin looked at Mark seriously and glared at him, “this is not over mr. Lee”

“I know Ms. Choi” Mark smiled and kissed her forehead for the second time.

 

 

“Erin! Mark! On stage! Now!”

 

Mark and Erin looked at each other and ran to the stage immediately. The dance they will perform is a waltz and pop, so it was a little bit difficult, but Erin and Mark finished it nicely with no mistake. Erin felt her first stage and felt proud of herself. They danced on stage for almost 5 minutes and finally end it with a pose where Mark should hug her.

She looked at everyone’s reaction and they looked satisfied. Seeing this, she realized that this is what she wanted to do for the rest of her life. And with Mark standing next to her, she knew that Mark is one of her dream that came true that day.

Erin walked down from the stage with Mark after the whole audience clap for her. She looked at Mark and Mark looked at her with so much proud on his eyes. “I know you are one amazing person” Mark whispered but she somehow could hear it, “I love you Erin-ah”

“I-“

“ERIN!” Someone called her and she saw Joochan walking towards her, “that was really nice! I am so proud of you!”

“YAA! Where have you been!” Erin hit Joochan on his shoulder immediately, “why didn’t you show up a while ago? I almost got cancelled because of you!”

“You know it’s Mark fault and not mine!” Joochan pointed at Mark and high-5 with him, “but honestly, he’s doing a really great job”

“Thanks man” Mark smiled and laughed with him.

“You boys are so weird” Erin laughed. She walked by herself and many people congratulate her. She could only nodded and say thankyou for every gratitude she received.

 

“Erin-ssi!”

 

She looked around and heard her teacher called her. Her teacher gave a hand sign for her to come to her and she approached the teacher immediately. “Erin-ssi, this is Mr. Bang from Bighit, you know big hit right?” she asked.

“Yeah, Yura’s company right?”

“Yeah right” Mr. Bang smiled and gave his hands to Erin, “I’m Bang Sihyuk, nice to meet you Erin-ssi!”

“Nice to meet you sir,” Erin replied, “Yura told me a lot of things about you”

“Ah..” MR. Bang smiled at Erin, “so you heard about our offer for you to become trainee in BigHit?”

“Yeah I heard” Erin laughed, “honestly, I love your company because you create such a big star and produce a good songs as well”

“Thankyou” Mr. Bang smiled. He took a name card from his pocket and hand it to Erin, “here’s my card, we can talk anytime for any contract if you’re ready, but please, contact me anytime”

“Yes sir, I will” Erin nodded, “thankyou for the offer”

“Hey, you deserve it. You’re a very talented student” Mr. Bang smiled. Erin smiled and saw her teacher bringing Mr. Bang outiside immediately after she introduced Erin to him.

Erin smiled at the namecard she got and looked at it seriously. ‘So this is how it feels being actually accepted’ she smiled by herself.

“Erin-ah!”

She heard another call and looked at her dance teacher coming to her. He looked at her with a very big smile and another guy standing next to him. This time, she knew who the guy is.

“Yes sir” She replied and greeted her teacher.

“You know him, he’s Mark’s boss and SM CEO,” The dance teacher introduced the guy to her.

“Yes I know him well,” Erin smiled at him and shook his hands, “hello sir, it’s really nice to see you”

“I don’t know that there’s another Canadian in SOPA! I’m Lee Sooman” The guy shook hands with Erin and smiled, “I know you visit our office often this lately, I’m just sorry that this is our first time because I’m really busy”

“It’s okay sir I actually understand,” She smiled, “afterall, you’re a very busy man and I’m just a visitor there”

“Hey NCT seems to like you so much, their friends is my friends as well!” Mr. Sooman was acting surprisingly very friendly, “did you think about the audition? Are you going to auditioning with us?”

“Yes sir I put a lot of thought of it but I’m still talking about that also with my cousins and my mom” Erin answered, “but the moment I decide, I will immediately tell the others”

“Good” Mr. Sooman smiled, “we need a person like you in the building, you’re a very cheerful person”

 “Thankyou sir, it was nothing” Erin laughed again. Mr. Sooman left and she looked around. She couldn’t find Mark to the fact that he was there a while ago. She sighed. ‘He left? That fast’ she disappointed.

“Erin-ah” Mark’s voice was heard behind her and she turned her body around. She smiled at Mark and he smiled back at her. “Seems like you’ve become the star of the show tonight”

“Not really” Erin laughed shyly.

“You obviously are,” Mark laughed, “you met my boss, that’s an honor”

“Yeah I know how important your boss is in Korea”

Mark smiled at her, “do you want to talk?” he asked.

“Yeah just talk. I’m listening” Erin replied.

“At the rooftop?”

 

 

 

Erin looked at Mark confused, “why? is it a secret?”

“It’s crowded here” Mark looked at her, “come on... please?”

“Why if it’s crowded? You can just say it here”

“Do you want people to know that we’re actually never date at all and to let people hear me to tell you that I love you”

“Erin looked at Mark and froze. She was really shy if people knew about it. She nodded at him and held his hands, “okay, lets talk at the rooftop then” Erin smiled and walked out with Mark from the auditorium. They were walking to the rooftop of the building and it was open that time. Erin decided to take a little bit of fresh air when she arrived on top.

“You like it do you?” Mark smiled.

“Yeah I actually do” Erin smiled at him. She looked at his eyes and she somehow felt like her heart was pounding 50 times faster than the usual. ‘calm down Erin... calm down...’ she tried to calm herself down. “So what’s up?” Erin asked him.

“What’s up?” Mark looked at her and laughed, “we still have an unfinished problem Erin-ah”

“I know” Erin smiled, “what do you want to ask from me?”

“Well I am actually wondering if we can...”

“Yes?”

“Erin-ah don’t test me like this” Mark looked desperate, “I really like you okay? I will be confused if you don’t want to be with me, because I know that you also have this undeniable feelings towards me”

“I-“

“I’m not done yet” Mark looked at her, “Erin, I know that you must hate me for liking Arin and liking you, and liking you right after you change, but I feel that I cannot let you go without me anymore eversince we’re on a camp together, I do love you since that time. I adore you for being so independent, smart, patient and strong at the same time. I just want to know if you like me too or not, because I believe that we can find a way”

“Mark” Erin looked at Mark with a teary eyes. She never thought Mark would say that to her and confess every single thing he felt to her. “I do love you too. I do. But it will hurt us if we’re together”

“Why?”

“I’m moving back to Canada after I graduate,” Erin looked at Mark, “and it will happen in 6 months, that’s also why I haven’t sign any contract or shows any interest to any agencies, because I will go back to Vancouver anyway after I graduate”

“Why?” Mark didn’t seem to understand, “why do you need to go when you have a future here?”

“Well, I promise my mom to go back right after I graduate” Erin explained, “dating each other would only hurt ourselves, not me, I will have fun, but you? I am not sure if we’re attached you will be fine when I leave”

“Listen,” Mark put his hands on her cheek, “I choose to be with you and I will take all the risk I can get, I just want to mark you mine, because seeing you with Jaehyun creeps me out, I cannot even imagine if I see you being closer like that with another guy, I might be going crazy”

“so you do love me” Erin smiled.

“Yes I do” Mark looked at her and they were really closed. Their faces were only few inches away. Mark smiled because he knew he shouldn’t let this opportunities go from him.

 

So he landed a kiss on Erin’s lips. A very soft kiss and just a touch between her lips and his. It was a perfect kiss. No lust, just love. Mark smiled and kissed that lips a little longer until both of them released themselves.

 

“That’s...nice....” Erin didn’t know what to say since she was really shocked. She looked at Mark who were smiling and she blushed until her face looks like a tomato.

“I told you...” Mark hugged her closely, “can’t you hear my heartbeat at this moment? It’s kinda loud because I’m kinda nervous”

“I know” Erin laughed, “I love you too Mark”

 

Mark released her from his arms and looked at her, “I am glad that you are, because from now, I am yours and we shouldn’t wory for tomorrow or what will happen next, just stay next to me is more than enough”

“Yes sir” Erin smiled and hugged him. She knew, her decision was not wrong to date Mark, because now, she knew that he would never hurt her.

 

 

Anyway, they we’re dating for real at this point.

 

***

 

“Erin don’t you dare” Mark stared at her and looked at the plate in front of him tense. Erin looked at the plate at the same time with Mark and smirked.

“You can’t eat it, it’s mine” Erin looked at Mark and looked at the last piece of chocolate in their plate. They had been staring at that chocolate for the last 5 minutes and were very tense about who should eat the chocolate.

“Paper rock scissors?” Mark asked.

“Sure...” Erin nodded and Mark got ready with his hand. Erin started to count and prepare her hand, “PAPER ROCK SCISSORS!”

They took out their hands and look at each others choice. Erin used scissors and Mark used paper.

 

“NOOOO”

“YAAAAS!”Erin grabbed the last piece of chocolate and put it on . “I win so it’s just fine if I eat the chocolate:

“I cannot believe we are dating for almost 6 months and you’re still selfish like this” Mark pretended to be angry. No, to be exact, he was angry.

“Well you’re the guy! You’re supposed to give up and give your girlfriend things that she like” Erin talked while eating the chocolate, “this is very delicious you know”

“Let me taste it”

“How?”

Mark leaned in and kissed Erin immediately without any warnings. He slide his tongue a little to and kissed her softly after. He moved back and looked at Erin who were blushing. “It is delicious”

“Stop doing that Mark!” Erin hit him weakly. Erin hates Mark for doing that; it made her really weak.

“But you like it” Mark smirked and laughed.

“You y”

“But you love me”

 

 

 

“Fair enough” Erin looked away and smiled at him, “so, how’s work?”

“Tiring, but I can deal with it” Mark smiled, “are you done packing?”

“Yeah I am,” Erin nodded, “I cannot believe I will go back tomorrow to Vancouver”

“I can’t believe it either” Mark looked at Erin, “so what are we going to do?”

“What do you want me to do? There’s literally nothing we can do Mark” Erin laughed, “just hang on, anyway, I decided that I want to be an artist already, I just need to explain it to my mom”

“Explain it well okay? So you can return as fast as possible” Mark hugged his girlfriend tightly, “I’m afraid that I’m going to miss you too much”

“But you promise that we’ll have a video chat every single day” Erin frowned.

“Yeah but I won’t be able to hug you or such things” Mark pouted.

“Eishh you clingy” Erin hugged him back. “Just wait for me okay? I promise it won’t take long”

“Yeah I hope so,” Mark looked at her, “and you better keep you promise”

“I will!” Erin laughed, “and you better not looking at any other way because I will be watching you, and I am serious about this”

“Yes ma’am” Mark hugged her. In the middle of a very quiet park, they had their last date together. Who knows? Maybe it would be better in the future. But for now, they were happy that they were together and able to set things down.

 

And Erin knew, she she could feel it, that this won’t be her last meeting with Mark. Not the last.