Chapter 7

On Guard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Section 2.4: Never place the client in embarrassment or uncomfortable situations

 

Top groggily woke up. He squinted at the table clock. 4 am. Something wasn’t right. He turned to the side to see Bom sound asleep next to him. She had her whole head buried into his chest while resting on his arm.  Top blinked several times to see if his eyes were deceiving him. She must have unconsciously hugged him while he was sleeping.

Maybe she dreamt of Dongwook? That would explain her clinginess. He took a quick glimpse of the blind girl. It felt nice. They were cuddled up together during the cold wintery morning. Top smiled to himself before he pulled his arm free.

He got up and stared her one last time before he head back to his room as if nothing happened.

 

***

Buzz Buzz

The loud vibrations of Bom’s phone woke her up. Bom grabbed her phone and answered it not knowing who was on the other line.

“Hello,” She said wearily.

“Bom, how is it going?” Dongwook said in a peppy tone.

“Uh good,” Bom replied as she immediately cleared .

“Great! Can’t wait to see you soon! My flight arrives at 3pm tomorrow,”

“What? You’re coming back to Korea?” Bom nearly kicked the blankets off her bed.

“You forgot? It’s my parent’s anniversary party tomorrow.”

“Oh…” Bom slapped her forehead.

She was too caught up with Choco she completely forgot Dongwook was coming back soon.

“Is there something wrong?” Dongwook asked.

“No, there’s nothing. I’m fine.”

“Okay then. I’ll pick you up at 6 tomorrow,” Dongwook hung up the phone.

Bom sat in silence, thinking hard about the situation.

“Top! We’re going shopping.” Bom yelled out.

***

 

 “Can’t believe I forgot! I haven’t even purchased a dress yet.” Bom pulled her hair out of frustration while Top steered the wheel.

“You have so many dresses in your wardrobe,” Top replied.

“I wore them before! I have to wear something new.” Bom insisted.

Top rolled his eyes.

“Sorry for dragging you. Normally I would grab Chaerin and Dara but they have work.”

“It’s not a problem.”

 “You need to be my eyes today, okay? You have to describe every single dress in detail.”

Top gulped.

He was a fashion terrorist, always wearing the same plain white shirt and blue jeans.

He knew nothing about fashion.

***

 

Top waited patiently for Bom to try on the dresses that she hand-picked. The shop assistant watched Top sweat as he wasn’t ready to give fashion advice.

“How long have you guys been dating?” The shop assistant asked.

“Oh no, we’re not together,” Top replied.

The shop assistant smiled at his response.

“So are you seeing anyone?” She asked him.

“No, I’m not,”

Bom was inside the dressing room, already dressed up. She hid behind the curtains as she ears dropped their conversation. She didn’t know why but their conversation bothered her. Top was her bodyguard. She felt like she owned him. He should only act interested in her.

What are you doing Park Bom?

Stop being selfish.

He’s not going to be around forever.

You have to let him go one day.

The shop assistant smoothly took out her business card out of her pocket.

“Call me,” She giggled.

Abruptly, Bom stepped out of the dressing room.

Top felt his face burn while he was going bright red. Bom’s outfit was stunning, highlighting her beautiful body but it also showed her cleavage. Top quickly pushed her back into the dressing room.

“What are you doing?” Bom asked.

“No. This dress is horrible,” He said while still very flustered.

“What’s wrong with it?”

“It’s the colour. It’s very disgusting. I feel like throwing up.”

“What colour is it?” She asked.

“It’s definitely khaki. Similar to my army outfits.”

“But the shop assistant said it was black!”

“Stop arguing with me! You can’t wear that dress to the party!”

Bom pouted as Top closed the curtains for her.

Top sat back down. He could feel his heart jumping up and down.

 

***

Top waited and waited for Bom. She tried on so many dresses but none of them were good enough for him or her.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter