Chapter 6

On Guard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Section 2.3: Must act in the best interest of the client

 

“Commander Choi! What are you doing?! Shoot!” His comrades roared at him.

“What are you waiting for?!”

Top held the rifle close to his heart.

He was itching to pull the trigger but at that very moment his fingers were frozen.

“Seunghyun!”

 

“Seunghyun!”

 

Top woke up in a pool of sweat.  He rubbed his eyes, relieved to find himself inside a normal bedroom. He got out of bed and pulled up the blinds to see the dark sky. He turned to see the clock. 4:00 am. Top tip toed his way to the bathroom.

He wiped away the sticky sweat of his face he stared at himself in the mirror. He pushed his fringe to the side. He was just not used to the dangly hairs in front of his eyes. It was the first time he grew out his hair.  His eyes diverted down to his cheeks, where there were faint outlines of scars. Top sigh with relief seeing that they were slowly disappearing.

He touched his chest to feel his heart beating normally again.

It doesn’t matter if he slept on the ground, at a hammock or at a nice bed.

His past will always haunt him.

 “Time to do some push ups,” He brushed off the thoughts.

***

 

Bom followed the sounds and the vibrations of her white stick. She walked out into the streets again because she wanted to explore the outside world. Being blind shouldn’t stop her from doing the things she loved. Soaring into the tranquil skies made her realise how lucky she was -she was still living. Top followed closely behind but this time she knew he was there. She had to bring him along because he was blocking the front door. Luckily for them, Choco walked in a nice slow pace which matched Bom’s slower movements.

“On your right there’s a mail box.” The human gps, Top warned her.

“Don’t tell me everything! How am I supposed to learn to walk on my own if you keep telling me what to do?” She snapped at him.

“I just saved you from lots of bruises! This is the thanks I get?” Top complained.

From his short time living with Bom he figured out that she was quite bossy, very stubborn, strong willed and quick tempered. It was very different to the quiet, gentle and angelic person Dara described her.

He sighed, she only treated him this way. Lucky Dongwook never sees this devilish side of her.

Top glimpsed at the back. He thought he saw something. There was nothing there. He had this uneasy feeling clinging onto to his stomach. Top’s piercing eyes glanced around. The unusual sound of shuffling made his skin crawled.

“Turn right,” Top urged Bom.

“Right? Are you sure?” Bom questioned the pe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter