Chapter 3

On Guard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m very worried about Bom,” Dara spoke up.

Everyone listened attentively while sipping on their drinks.  Dara, Chaerin and Jiyong sat inside the café for an hour and all they could do was dive in a puddle of worries.

“How gruesome are her nightmares?” Jiyong asked.

“I’m not too sure but she could barely sleep,” Dara responded sadly.

 “Should we call Dongwook?” Chaerin suggested.

There was an awkward silence.

“She doesn’t want Dongwook to know…” Dara replied.

“She said we won’t be friends anymore if we tell Dongwook.” Dara explained.

“Is she crazy? He is her fiancé! They have to communicate!” Jiyong retorted angrily.

“Give her some slack Ji! She’s worried that he’ll leave her finding out how weak and dependent she has become!” Dara defended her best friend.

“She just doesn’t want to burden him. ”Chaerin sighed.

“What should we do then?” Jiyong asked.

 

 

***

 

“Hey Bommie, we came to visit!” Dara walked inside her bedroom. They walked in to see Bom reading a book on her bed.

“What are you doing?” Chaerin asked.

“Learning brail,” Bom replied while her fingers traced the dots.

“We’ve got a surprise for you.” Dara giggled, she couldn’t hide her excitement.

Dara and Chaerin helped Bom get off the bed.

“Touch it” they said at the both time.

"Where?" 

"Just in front of you!" Dara exclaimed.

Feeling the pressure, Bom's right hand reached forward and slightly touched the mysterious thing.

“That’s not how you do it.” Dara grabbed Bom’s hand and showed her.

At first she felt a soft piece of cloth leading to buttons which were arranged in a vertical straight line. She was certain it was a man's blouse since she bought Dongwook so many. Bom’s hand slid further down, behind the thin fabric she could feel something rock hard.  

“What is this?” Bom said to herself.

Was it a life stand cut out of her favorite actor Lee Minho?

No it couldn’t be. It was way thicker than paper.

Was it a lifesize boyfriend pillow?

No, it was too hard to be.

A statue?

After mentally guessing she moved her hand upwards.

Her hand flinched.

She felt the slow rhythm of a beating heart thumping against the palm of her hand.

It was something living.

“What is it?” She shrieked in horror.

“It’s your own personal 24/7 body guard-Top!” Dara said cheerful while Jiyong face palmed at the side.

“Oh no no no no…”Bom backed away.

“Don’t worry, we did our research! This guy is super strong. He has been in the military forces and the army! He also is a black belt in taekwondo!” Dara listed the qualities with excitement.

“I don’t care. How can I even trust my life with a stranger?” Bom refused.

“We got you covered. We wrote an in depth contract!” Chaerin joined in.

“Just feel his body again,” Dara grabbed Bom’s hand and made her touch his stomach again. Sh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter