Ex's and Yoos

To Marry A Yoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Why is Mina driving? Is she that lazy? Does she let Mina does all the chores?”

 

She ticks her tongue in disapproval.

 

“Now, she is letting Mina carry her own bag? What type of a person is she? How can Mina date her? She is very uncaring of my baby penguu.”

 

She shakes her head in disapproval once again. She narrows her eyes and observes the feature of the girl beside her youngest daughter.

 

“What are you doing there Yoo Jeongyeon?”

 

The person holding her binoculars, shivers with the tone of the very familiar voice.

 

Commanding, imperial and authoritative that is the tone that she grew accustomed to, the tone of her wife, Yoo Jihyo.

 

“Nothing, I am just watching if the mouse fell into the trap I set up.”

 

Yoo Jeongyeon answered facing her wife, displaying an awkward smile, hiding the view behind her. It is only Jihyo who makes her feel that way.

 

Jihyo narrows her eyes not believing the improv lie her wife made up.

 

They had been married for so long that she knows everything about Jeongyeon.

 

Jihyo smirked before pulling the curtain on the side so she can have a clear view of what is outside the window.

 

“Omo! It is Mina! She is home.” Says Jihyo excitedly, she holds on the arm of her wife.

 

Jeongyeon looks at her awkwardly, the same looks Mina gives Sana whenever the older one initiate skinship.

 

“Oh, she brought her girlfriend, aren’t they so lovely?”

 

Jihyo cringes watching her daughter fixing Sana’s coat.

 

Jeongyeon rolls her eyes.

 

“Mina is totally infatuated with her,” Jeongyeon says in disagreement to her wife.

 

After she delivers that comment, their house turned Antarctic, she can feel the coldness that her wife delivers.

 

Jeongyeon gulps.

 

She slowly faces her wife.

 

“Yoo Jeongyeon, you need to be good to her okay? Mina was very excited over the phone when she told us she is bringing her.” Says Jihyo in her smile.

 

But Jeongyeon knows better; that behind that smile, lies the dragoness ready to be unleashed if she steps on the boundaries, but then again it is Mina they are talking about so Mina’s future matters more than her death at the hands of her own wife

 

They reached their doorway and before opening it, Jihyo pays her a last warning look.

 

Jeongyeon’s face is callous.

 

The ray of sunlight covered their faces and like a shape shifter Jihyo’s vibe changes, from threatening to welcoming.

 

“Aren’t you two lovely?!” Jihyo calls with her deafening tone.

 

Everyone flinches.

 

“Mommy! Daddy!”

 

Mina calls excitedly, leaving Sana on the spot where she is glued at.

 

“Oh, My baby Penguu!”

 

Jeongyeon is the first one to welcome Mina with a tight embrace. She lifts her up and spins over.

 

“I miss you a lot, Mina”

 

Jeongyeon says before giving her daughter a peck on her forehead.

 

“I miss you too Daddy.”

 

“Oh, Jeongyeonnie, share your daughter, will you Come give your mommy a hug too.”

 

Jihyo stretches her arm and wraps her youngest daughter with so much affection in a warm embrace.

 

Mina closes her eyes enjoying the warmth of her mommy.

 

They are catching up talking about the lost time.

 

Sana smiles unconsciously looking on the warm scene, somehow, she misses her mommy too.

 

Jeongyeon is looking at Sana from head to toe judging her.

 

‘Her posture is a little too slouchy, that means that she could be really lazy, hmmm, shoulders are curved forward, she is really threatened and does not want to be seen, well go ahead and disappear. Oh, hands inside her pockets, that means she is hiding something, and she lacks self-confidence’

 

Jeongyeon ticks her tongue in the things that are running in her mind, observing the girl that Mina brought.

 

Sana feels the looks coming from Jeongyeon.

 

She is sweating. She has never felt this nervous being ‘eye judged’ by someone who she just met. Jeongyeon, intimidates her.

 

Jihyo notices her wife being quiet and eyeing only Sana.

 

“Oh, you brought someone Pengu.” Says Jihyo rubbing Mina’s back.

 

“Yes, yes I did.” Mina startles, having to introduce Sana to her parents makes her nervous too.

 

Mina invites Sana by moving her head.

 

Sana walks towards them slowly, she feels rats eating her chest. She feels like she is back in middle school and she is meeting with the principal again because of a mischief she did.

 

Mina went to her side, put her arm on Sana’s back for reassurance.

 

Her parents noticed it, and they have different reactions; Jeongyeon looks at in disgust for a moment while Jihyo bites her inside cheeks not to smile. They know Mina, she is not the one who likes body contact at all.

 

“Mommy, Daddy, this is Sana, my girlfriend.” Says Mina not meeting the eyes of her parents.

 

Sana looks at Jeongyeon and Jihyo, she is plastering a nervous smile.

 

Jeongyeon flinches, Jihyo pinches her arm secretly.

 

Jeongyeon looks at her wife and her scary smile is plastered again.

 

“Nice meeting you Sana. Yoo Jeongyeon, call me Jeongyeon.” Says Jeongyeon sarcastically, offering her hand.

 

“It is nice to finally meet you, I heard a lot of great stories about you.“ Sana shakes Jeongyeon’s hand. She froze when she sees that Jeongyeon is narrowing her eyes sending a message, ‘I am watching you’

 

She feels the firm grip coming from her girlfriend’s daddy. Jeongyeon is really intimidating.

 

“I am Jihyo. Mina’s mommy.”

 

Jihyo needs to interrupt because Sana is shrinking on the stare and grip of her wife.

 

“Oh Hi, I see where Mina got her looks.” Sana offers a hand but Jihyo opens her arm for a hug.

 

Then suddenly it is awkward because Jihyo offers her hand while Sana opens her arm for a hug. It goes like that for two more rounds.

 

Mina and Jeongyeon are just looking with furrowed eyebrows.

 

“Come here.”

 

Jihyo invited awkwardly hugging Sana, patting her back.

 

They pull away and Jihyo scratches her nose. She controls not to throw up with an unusual smell.

 

“You have a very unique perfume.”

 

Jihyo needs to let that out.

 

“No Mom, that is actually baby puke. A baby puked on her while we were in the lost baggage complaint section. Apparently, the airline lost Sana’s luggage.” Mina explains.

 

“Oh, that is terrible.” Jihyo looks really empathetic towards Sana’s situation. Well, that means that Sana may need to smell like that longer and that kills her.

 

“How about you Penguu?” Jeongyeon asks in worry.

 

“Oh, No, I am all good Dad, had mine in a hand carry.”

 

“That’s my girl, smart and wit!” Jeongyeon says proudly.

 

Sana feels like she is being analyzed again, well she is right. Because Jeongyeon is thinking that she is dumb, why will she pack so much in a weekend getaway?

 

Jeongyeon shakes her head, she does not care if everyone can see it. She just wants to send the message to Sana.

 

Sana feels that her knees are soon to fail her.

 

“She needed to check it in because of some gifts she is giving you guys.” Mina feels the need to explain.

 

“Gifts? Why would you do that? The foundation of it is reciprocity so—“

 

Jeongyeon is explaining her view, which is same as her daughter’s before she can continue, Jihyo pats her back a little too hard.

 

Sana thanked Jihyo in her mind. Jeongyeon is eating her.

 

“Sana that is so sweet of you, I am pretty sure it will be there before you know it. I can lend you clothes while they haven’t found your luggage.”

 

Jihyo offers genuinely.

 

“It’s okay mom, we can share,” Mina says.

 

Jihyo’s eyes sparkle. Mina sharing her clothes to Sana? She does not even let Nayeon use her shirts. There was only one person who Mina used to share things with.

 

Jeongyeon narrows her eyes even more. It is almost one line.

 

“I mean, I still have my old clothes, she can wear it. Not a big deal.” Mina explains, she can feel her parents judging her with the unusual behavior.

 

Sana does things to her. Things she cannot explain that even the people who knew her since birth are surprised.

 

“Good that is solve then, let’s go inside.” Says Jihyo excitedly.

 

“Sure, thank you. Thank you so much for welcoming me into your home.” Sana says following Jihyo and Mina.

 

Jeongyeon takes a deep sigh and shakes her head once again. She even puts her hands on her hips.

 

“Oh, my pure Penggu is bewitched by this lazy, unconfident, liar.”

 

She says before walking behind the three.

 

Jeongyeon is totally not convinced that Sana is a good influence on her daughter. She does not think that Mina defending Sana is a good thing. She thinks that it is a venom that is inside Mina’s system that she needs to get rid of.

 

She views the two as a counter and counter-clockwise movements, chasing one another but will never meet. Two opposite people that can never have rainbows and butterflies and compromises, she sees them as two people who could destroy each other if continued in this joke. (The term she uses to describe Mina and Sana’s relationship)

 

 

 

Inside the Yoo’s lair

 

“Wow, the house changed so much since I left.”

 

Mina speaks looking at the architecture of their house. The furniture and the design everything seems modern and cozy.

 

Sana is looking around impressed as well. Mina is really well off.

 

“Well, your dad and I decided to invest in new furniture and new style since you and Nayeon left we decided to renovate and beside our interior designer said that you’d love it.” Says Jihyo feeling proud of her investments.

 

Mina just nods in agreement.

 

“This place is really nice and perfect, bet you paid your interior designer nicely so she did her job well, heard they’ll work for a bottle of wine and just finishes in one go calling everything art.”

 

Sana jokes and tries to be part of the conver

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter