Magic Medicine

To Marry A Yoo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Lucky you, she did not run away."

 

Nayeon goads Mina.

 

She sees the three figures going down stairs in the particular order.

 

Tzuyu, Mina, and Sana.

 

Mina just rolls her eyes on the remark of her sister.

 

Sana smiles awkwardly looking at Nayeon.

 

She should have heard that advice of Nayeon earlier.

 

Nayeon snakes her arm on Tzuyu's as soon as the latter reaches her.

 

"Oh, there she is, the new Momo."

 

Jackson looks at their direction, smiling to Sana. Thoughtless of his harsh remark.

 

Oh no, he didn't.

 

Sana wants to jump on top of whoever that guy is, and start a cat fight.

 

She could suppress all she wants but Momo is her ghost.

 

The mention of the name makes her angry, jealous, and insecure.

 

Even there had been an assurance from Mina, Sana cannot just not have those feelings.

 

"Papa, she has a name," Tzuyu says ascetically.

 

Sana looks at Tzuyu for their eyes to meet but Tzuyu looks in another direction.

 

There is an uneasy ambiance in between the two.

 

Jeongyeon caught that.

 

"Oh, I apologize for my consort. He is..." Mark pays a gaze on Sana.

 

“Wow,” He is amused in Sana’s appearance.

 

Mina clears for Mark to stop looking at her blushing girlfriend.

 

Jackson made a face and elbows his husband on the side stomach.

 

The latter glares at him then…

 

Mark refocuses on Sana.

 

He must admit Sana is charming.

 

Mina looks calm but there is something in her looks that is guarding Sana against Mark’s stare.

 

 

"Come on Sana, have a seat."

 

Jihyo invites. They are still settled at the dining table having their breakfast.

 

"Ah, yeah.. thanks."

 

Sana says inwardly.

 

She knows she loves people.

 

She is an extrovert person. She enjoys social gatherings and she is very friendly.

 

But there is something about today, that seems not right.

 

She knows that it started from Jeongyeon’s unique way of waking people up, then Mina not giving her the magic medicine, and then.

 

Sana looks at Tzuyu again.

 

She shakes her head, it is definitely because Mina did not give her that magic medicine.

 

 “Are you okay, Sana?” Asks Jihyo in concern noticing Sana’s paler complexion.

 

“She is..”

 

“I am fine.” Sana beats Mina on answering for her.

 

“So, Sana, meet Chou Tzuyu..”

 

“Nayeon Unnie’s fiancé. I know.” Sana cuts Jeongyeon off.

 

She knows she should have not because Jeongyeon could be suspecting something again about that action, and she is right because...

 

To everyone it means nothing, thinking that Mina could have introduced Tzuyu to Sana when they were upstairs.

 

But to Jeongyeon, Sana is hiding something.

 

She looks at Tzuyu and she noticed something as well.

 

Tzuyu cannot look at Sana, she just nodded as an acknowledgment when she introduced the two.

 

She clenches her jaw and nods slowly. She trusts Tzuyu a lot but why is the girl behaving differently than what she expected.

 

Nayeon introduces Tzuyu’s parents to Sana, while Jeongyeon is in her own world.

 

“So, Sana what do you do?” Asks Jackson.

 

“I am a nurse,” Answers Sana proudly.

 

Jackson and Mark laugh so hard assuming; that Sana is trying to make them laugh.

 

Tzuyu face palms, her parents embarrass her.

 

Sana looks at the couple confuse.

 

Mina’s ears irk.

 

She crosses her arms over her chest and looks at the couple blankly.

 

Making the atmosphere arctic.

 

Jackson is clapping his hands and Mark is wiping his tears.

 

“That is a good one!” Jackson says.

 

Mina raises one of her brows piercing through the couple.

 

“No, seriously, dear what is your expertise?” Mark confirms.

 

“Uhm. Nursing?” Sana answers innocently.

 

Mark and Jackson stop laughing.

 

They look around them and everyone has a blank expression.

 

They look at each other and they feel embarrassed by their behavior and they just nod at each other.

 

“She is a nurse?” Jackson confirms to Mina in a subtle way.

 

“Yeah, she is a nurse.” Answers Mina, giving the couple; the eye.

 

“Oh”

 

Awkward Silence covered the environment.

 

“There is nothing wrong being a nurse, you get to be the maid of Doctors. Such an honor.”

 

Nayeon butts in to lighten the environment.

 

Everyone giggles on her joke, including Sana. That is a classic joke for nurses.

 

Mina clenches her jaw, she will not let her girlfriend become a laughing stock or be mocked even by her own family.

 

“Nurses save lives as much as the doctors do.”

 

As much as Mina wants to defend her girlfriend, Tzuyu seems to beat her on doing it.

 

Everyone focuses on Tzuyu.

 

Jeongyeon knows this is odd.

 

“Well, imagine a doctor in the middle of an operation and there is no nurse to give the surgical kits needed, wouldn’t that be a mess? Doctors will need to search for the tool by themselves, and hold the retractor, that would not be so good.”

 

Tzuyu awkwardly continues her opening statement.

 

Awkward silence covers the place, once again.

 

“Oh okay?” Says Nayeon, not knowing how to react to her fiance’s opinion.

 

“Do you handle corporate related cases now, Tzuyu?” Asks Jeongyeon sounding skeptical about the conversation.

 

“No, not really. It is just an opinion.” Tzuyu answers formally.

 

“I see.” Jeongyeon nods.

 

Jihyo merely rolls her eyes on the behavior of her wife, she knows something is up.

 

“Anyway, guys.” She asks for everyone’s attention.

 

“So, we have a long day today, we will start with the outfit fitting, and then a party in the best man’s house, technically woman and then a rehearsal for tonight. Aren’t you excited?”

 

Jihyo sounds psyched.

 

“Where is Jisoo, anyway? She is supposed to be part of this, isn’t she your only bridesmaid?” Jihyo wonders, missing one person.

 

They know Jisoo as Nayeon’s only friend.

 

Nayeon has a bunch of friends, but Jisoo is her best friend.

 

“She flew to New Zeeland for Jennie, well they had a major fight so she cannot make it to the wedding.”

 

Nayeon says nonchalantly.

 

“What?!” Jackson and Jihyo ask in unison.

 

“I know it is unfortunate…”

 

“Are Jisoo and Jennie okay? Do you think they can patch things up?” Asks Jihyo in concern.

 

“They had been together for a long time, I hope they can make it.” Jackson seconds the motion.

 

Nayeon glares at them.

 

“Mom, Pa, did you not hear? My best friend is missing my own wedding?” Nayeon really can’t believe the people around her.

 

“Oh, yeah that is right. Who will be your bridesmaid then?” Jihyo sounds less problematic.

 

Nayeon is supposed to say something because that is not her point, her best friend is missing her wedding, and that is supposed to be the problem.

 

But before she can say more,

 

“Sana can do it,” Mina suggests.

 

“What?” Everyone says altogether.

 

“Sana can do it. I mean, you need a bridesmaid, she is here.”

 

Mina explains further.

 

“It is okay, Mina. Of course, Nayeon Unnie wants her actual friends, not a proxy friend.”

 

Sana says sweating.

 

“You have a point, Penggu, I am okay with it. How about you Hon?”

 

Nayeon asks Tzuyu.

 

For the first time after they met earlier.

 

Tzuyu looks at Sana.

 

“Yeah, sure, as long as she is okay with it.”

 

Everyone looks at Sana demanding to be okay with it.

 

So, she nods, as if she is given any other choice.

 

“Cool beans! That's all solved!” Jackson high fives Jihyo.

 

The two mothers, well technically mother figures are the most excited about the wedding, and the wedding planning.

 

As always, mothers want the best for their children.

 

After the breakfast, Jihyo and Jackson ask everyone to get ready and be outside in exactly thirty minutes.

 

Nayeon asks for a quick canoodle from Tzuyu, but as always, she is turned down in reasons:

 

First attempt: Failed

 

“Honey we are inside your parents’ house.”

 

Second attempt: Failed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter