The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all

Love's Outing

« Easy, Eli ! » 
Loud barking welcomed to the surprisingly comfortable looking car. A big dog with white fur and odd eyes was looking at them from the back seat. 
« Don't be afraid of him. He is a really sweet one ! » 
While Minwoo and Eric had each a dog at home, Hyesung was more of a cat person.
But between sitting with an over-excited dog and a very y man, he had the feeling his heart couldn't handle both. 

He had no choice but to sit with Choongjae at the front while Eric and Minwoo tried to sit with Eli at the back.
While driving, the man was talking animatedly  with Minwoo and Eric, explaining why he was the one picking them up.

« Actually, the head of the village was going to pick you up but as we are the only one to have decent cars, he uses his to help the elders go to their differents appointments, and he had to help one of our eldest today. You'll meet him later ! »

Choongjae was definitively cute. It had been a long time since Hyesung last found someone so attractive, maybe because being a gay man was a big no-no in their line of work.
« Are you okey ? »
They were driving for almost an hour when the man turned toward him.

By some kind of miracle too, Eric and Minwoo had fallen asleep on Eli. He was all alone with Choongjae, no escape.

« Ha, hum...yes... »

« You must not be used to this kind of scenery, right ? What do you think ? »

 

They were not driving in the city anymore. Instead all around them were endless fields of stark green grass. It was really beautiful, nothing like they saw in their everyday life.

« It's really…. Inspiring. »

Choongjae smiled brightly and pointed toward the horizon.

« Look closely, you'll see our tangerine and apple orchards. »

And just like he said, large fields filled with fruit trees started to appear as they made their way toward the village.

Just like that, Minwoo and Erci started to wake up,cutting off the strange atmosphere between the two.

They parked in the town's square, under the gaze of many elders probably coming to witness the scene.

« Aaah ! The fresh air is great ! » They had to admit, they were in really high spirits, even Hyesung, who had a hard time with his shyness. The elders greeted them warmly, while Eli was running around.

 

« Waaah, you're so pretty, how can you be so pretty ?! »

Smiling brightly, Minwoo was already snatching the hearts of the grandmothers.

« How about we go meet SunHo while waiting for the head ? »

« Sun Ho… ? »

« He runs a restaurant here, let's eat there, you must be hungry ! »

Choongjae walked them to a modest looking traditional restaurant where elders were enjoying noodles and large plates of kimchi.

 

As they entered, a man came to greet them. The so-called Lee Sun Ho was a young man with shining eyes and shaggy hair. His apron was dirty from all the work he had done to serve all his costumers.

« Jinnie-hyung ! Are they our guest ? »

« Jin… ? »'

They seemed that SunHo and Choongjae were quite close as they gave each other cute nicknames.

He greeted Eric, Minwoo and Hyesung warmly. Hyesung couldn't help but notice Eric was strangely interested in his shoes. It definitively was weird to see Eric being shy like that.

« Please, sit wherever you'd like, i'll cook you something ! »

They obeyed and sat at a table besides the counter. They chatted comfortably for about an hour, and Eric started recording the comfortable exchange. Sunho came to sit with them after he served them their dinner.

« Okey, so, you do know you're supposed to work and live here, right ? »

 

Choongjae seemed uneasy.

« Yes, but we still do not know what we're supposed to do, to be honest. » Minwoo said.

« To be honest, Sunho, this village's head and me are the one you're supposed to help. We decided we 'd discuss this with you when Dongwan is here. »

Sure enough, the restaurant's door opened again as another man made his way towards them. He seemed really young for a mayor, but he had the presence of a chief while he greeted all the elders, smiling brightly.

« Hi guys ! »

He bowed to them and kneeled close to the table.

« I'm Dongwan, this village's head. »

« Wow, you're so young ! »

« Ah...well, actually I just took over from my father. »

As the sixth of them were finally together, they began to discuss their arrangement. Dongwan had a lot of work to do in the village, especially with elders. Minwoo was outgoing and friendly, and he had the feeling he could handle this kind of work.

« I really need someone who knows how to cook » Andy said.

Eric piped up.

 

« Then that's me ! »

So evil. Hyesung was pretty sure he saw Minwoo wink at Eric as the only one who was left was Hyesung.

He had no choice but to accept to work with Choongjae at his animal refuge and ranch. While the man seemed kind of satisfied, Hyesung was properlyy terrified. Not only because he would have to live together with the beautiful man, but also because he had never been very good with farm work.

 

This adventure was really going to be something else, really !