Chapter 8 : Come on, little Squishy

Love's Outing

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

POV ANDY

« I can't belieeeeve we're going on a honeymoon ! »
« Not a honeymoon, silly. Focus ! »
Andy couldn't help smiling while Eric was joking around, excitedly packing their thing to go to Jeju for 1 night 2 days to visit the biggest traditional market of the country. 
It was a thing the young man just couldn't avoid, as he met with the fishermen and made new contracts with people who could furnish him with fresh ingredients all year long. 

This year, he had to admit it was way more enjoyable with someone to share it with. Even if it was with someone as jumpy as this man...
They stuffed their stuff in the car's trunk after finish the day at the restaurant. Both were exhausted, especially Eric who had to cut vegetables all day to make Kimchi. He never did it before, only watching his mom preparing it at home, but it was definitely tiresome. 

Andy decided to take over the hour-long drive to Jeju so that Eric could sleep....

 


« We should go. Are you ready ? » 
« Yeah, let's go ~ »

[....]

Eric wasn't sleeping.
He had been talking for almost an hour straight when they neared the city.
« That's so beautiful ! »
« Better than Seoul ? »
« Well....I don't miss Seoul that much. Only my dog.»
Eric made himself comfortable. 
« What about you, Andy ? Don't you miss Los Angeles ? »
 

Andy thought about this before answering.

« Aside from my parents, not that much. Town life can be addicting : we all know and love each other, and we have a strong bond. You can't find this in a city like LA. »

« Yeah...I know what you mean. »

« You seem like a city guy though. How come you've decided to come back to Korea ? »

« Because of the group, of course. »

Andy was curious. They did know how Andy came to live here, but the man didn't know anything about Eric Mun's story in Shinhwa.

« How did you guys meet ? »

« I dropped out of university when I realized I wanted to dance. There nothing to say, really. My parents always supported me because they knew what I could do, so they payed for my plane ticket to Seoul and I lived at my grandmother's for a few years. I met Hyesung at a concert and we had...a thing, for a few months. »

The young man nearly came to a stop when he realized what had been said.

« You're telling me YOU and Hyesung are a couple ? »

Eric coughed awkwardly.

« « were . It's been more than a decade since we broke up. »

« And you've been best friend with the guy since ? What a wooonderful story. »

« Are you jealous ? »

 

At Eric's smug smile, Andy had a very mature response by sticking his tongue out at him.

« Am not. What about Minwoo-hyung ? »

« Ah, HE is a hyung ? »

« He's pretty cool <3 »

« I'll pretend I didn't hear that. I met Minwoo on the street, actually. He was living with a bunch of other homeless people and he was doing all these dance performances to buy things to eat for the children. Yeah, ok. He IS cool. Anyway. I was impressed, so I took him in and we went to the SM Entertainment casting together. »

Andy smiled.

« Wow... »

« Yeah, I know. »

« How is the company treating you ? »

« It was not that bad for the first few years actually, but since we finished our first contract and we refused to break up the group, they're giving us a hard time to push the others out. »

« You can't just go and find another company ? »

« Sadly, it's not that simple.... »

 

They fell in silence. He did kind of regret asking this question as it kind of dampened the mood.
Ten minutes later, they pulled over in front of their hotel, which was nothing like Eric imagined, probably.

« Surprised ? »

It was a little traditional korean house with a neatly kept littlen garden.

« I don't understand... »

A sign beside the entry read « Korean traditional inn and hot baths »

« Don't tell the others ! »

A wink and Andy disappeared inside, Eric closely following behind.
A beautiful woman in a hanbok was standing to welcome visitors and get them to their room. She has been here every time Andy came, but she never seemed to remember him.

« How can I help you ? »

« I've rented a 2-people bed room. Lee Sun Ho is the name. »

She checked on the oddly modern looking computer, but several minutes later, began looking desesperated.

« Mister, I'm so sorry, but it seems like we had a problem. A large reservation came in at the same time as yours, and I had to put you in a couple bedroom. »

« What ? »

« I'm so sorry. I'll of course offer you diner. »

Diner was not the main problem here. Couple bedroom meant the two guys had to share a bed. With any other man, Andy would have been reaxed. But we were talking about Eric, here !

Eric who was looking strangely glad. To punish him, Andy stepped on his toes while going towards their bedroom.

 

[…]

 

The thing was, the bedroom was kind of nice. He had to admit that much. They spent a very relaxed first night there while enjoying the hot bath and making preparation for the next day.

They got up at something like 6 am, and while Andy was used to this, Eric was a little longer to get ready. They finally arrived at the traditional market some time before 8 am.

The market was buzzing with noise, and everywhere they landed their eyes on, there was something interesting to watch, and while Andy was doing business work, Eric was of course messing around.

 

They finally decided to take a break at an tteopokki truck to have a snack.

« What are you thinking ? Do you like it ? » Andy asked while Eric was poking at his rice cakes !

The man was smiled genuinely, looking amused.

« Aside from the octopus smell which I think his going to stick to me from all eternity, I'm definitely enjoying it. Especially with you... »

Andy had to admit...as annoying as Eric was, he was actually quite handsome, in this lightning.

« Are you teasing me again ? »

« Don't you trust me ? »

He was pretty sure they were flirting now... and he was pretty sure he had wanted to kiss him... if only his phone had gone offf loudly.

 

Choongjae is calling you....

 

[TO BE CONTINUED]