Charity - Kim Yugyeom

Sins & Virtues (HIATUS)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Charity is the last and the greatest of the three theological virtues; the other two are faith and hope. While it is often called love and confused in the popular understanding with common definitions of the latter word, charity is more than a subjective feeling or even an objective action of the will toward another person. Charity is defined as generosity, self-sacrifice; the term should not be confused with the more restricted modern use of the word charity to mean benevolent giving. In Christian theology is the greatest of the three theological virtues.

 

“Are you serious, hyung? Jackson, as in your ex boyfriend Jackson Wang?” Yugyeom couldn’t believe his ears when his hyung told him about what happened recently in his life.

“Yes, Gyeom-ah. How many ex boyfriend with the name of Jackson did I have, anyway?” Mark rolled his eyes at his younger step brother. “Anyway, just forgot about him already. How about you? How’s the vacation? You had great time there?”

Yugyeom smiled immediately as he nodded his head, “Yeah, I was actually having fun. I mean, I didn’t expect it, but yeah, I had fun.”

Mark just smiled widely at his younger brother happiness. “Good for you, Gyeommie-ah.”

“But still, Mark hyung, you’re always my number one favourite hyung in the world!” Yugyeom smiled at the older. Yugyeom really meant it though. Yugyeom was only 2 years old when his mother married Mark’s father. Ever since then, he has been growing up and depending on his step brother more than his own biological brother.

However, Yugyeom still contacts his father and older brother in regular basis; he just doesn’t seem to be comfortable enough around them like he’s with his step brother. Mark was actually the one who encouraged Yugyeom to take the vacation his father and biological brother asked. Yugyeom did whined for Mark to come with him, but Mark just refused, saying that he wanted Yugyeom to have more time with his family too. Yugyeom couldn’t thank enough for having such understanding and caring step brother in his life.

Mark just laughed happily at the youngest confession, “You’re always my number one favourite dongsaeng in the world too!”

“Of course I am! I am your only dongsaeng anyway!” Yugyeom protested in pout.

Mark just laughed even harder at the younger cuteness. And in the middle of Mark laughter, they didn’t notice someone who has approached their table.

“What did I miss here?” Both step brothers turned around to look at the smiling face of Im Jaebum.

“Jaebum hyung!” Yugyeom immediately stood up to hug the older. Although Yugyeom lives with the two of them, but after 3 weeks vacation, he missed the older too. Jaebum has been like his 2nd hyung who truly cares for him.

“Ah Gyeommie, you miss me that much?” Jaebum joked with the youngest.

“Of course I am. However, I miss my Markie hyung much more than you, hyung.” Yugyeom joked back at the older.

“You brat!” Jaebum scolded the youngest playfully before he took the seat beside his boyfriend. “Hey babe.” Jaebum pecked his boyfriend lip for a quick kiss. “Are you only having that for lunch?” Jaebum furrowed his forehead as he looked at the plate of small portion of beef steak in front of his boyfriend.

“I’m not that hungry.” Mark answered his boyfriend.

“Are you trying to punish me? Do you know how scared I was when I hugged you? I thought I’m going to crush your body if I hugged you too tight! Eat more!” Jaebum poured out his worries about his boyfriend thin body.

“You know I can never get fat no matter how much I eat, right?” Mark said to his boyfriend.

“It doesn’t mean I can’t force you to try, right?” Jaebum replied as he called for the waiter for ordering.

Mark just pouted in annoyance as he listened to his boyfriend list of food order. Mark knew he could never win against Jaebum when it comes to eating.

Yugyeom only laughed seeing his step brother defeated face.

 

Being back in school after 3 long weeks of absent, Yugyeom sighed frustrated just at the thought of how much studies he must have missed during the weeks. He needed to catch up for sure; that’s why he was carrying lots of notes he just borrowed from his classmates.

“Yo Gyeommie-ah!” Yugyeom was startled when someone jumped to hug him tight; causing him to drop his notes and books on the floor, trying to balance himself from the sudden hug.

However, Yugyeom has no need to guess the owner of the arms around his neck. “Yah! You startled me!” Yugyeom scolded at his best friend.

“Is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter