Whoops?

Lean on me

"Welcome to the Vocal Team!" 

"Huh? V-vocal team?" Mimi tilted her head at Joshua. He sighed and looked around at his other members 

"So you didn't know we were looking for a female singer?" Mimi's face was blank. "I'll take that as a no. Let me explain it to you, the Vocal team have been looking for a female singer to sing the chorus of our song and guess who we chose." Mimi shrugged and Joshua poked her forehead. "You." Mimi pushed Joshua away and looked around. If this was a prank then someone will be laughing. Or at least smiling, right? But no one was smiling, everyone except for the Vocal Team's mouths dropped open. They knew she was a good singer but no one predicted this!

"N-no way. I-I can't sing." To that she heard almost every member laugh. "I mean I won't sing. I-i..." 

"You? What Mimi? Spit it out!" Mingyu started shaking Mimi. "Your sick? Your voice hurts? Perhaps it's just a shoc-" 

"I have stage fright! I mean yeah I can dance and choreograph but singing is a whole new level for me." The smallest member, Woozi, pushed from the back of the crowd to the front. 

"And that's why you have me. I'll help you get over that fear. Okay?" He put his fist up to Mimi waiting for a fistbump. Mimi looked at his hand for a while then hesitantly tapped it. The other members started chanting Mimi's name and Wonwoo put her on his shoulders. They started marching around the room like they had just won one million pounds or something. Mimi's phone started ringing but she was too scared to let go of Wonwoo and answer it. 

"Guys stop my phone is ringing!" She said in between laughter. No one could hear her though. "Guys! Seriously!" This time Wonwoo heard her and smirked. 

"You want to get down?" 

"Yes..." Mimi took one look at Wonwoo's face and regretted that answer. "Wait no! Don't-" Too late. Wonwoo let go of Mimi causing her to fall. Luckily she fell into Hoshi's arms. The terrified girl looked into her hero's eyes just before he dropped her. 

"Don't think nothing of it. I was just in the wrong  place at the right time." Hoshi walked away but made sure to flick Wonwoo's forehead before he did so. 

"Why you little..." The two boys started chasing each other around the room. 

"As chaotic as always...Ah! My phone!" Mimi picked her phone up off the floor and saw she had a missed call from her dad. "Dad..." She left the noisy room and called her Dad back. That could have been the worst decision of her life but she couldn't be left in suspense. Maybe he wanted to apologise? 

"Hello? Mimi?" Mimi states silent for a bit. She had no idea what to say or do.

"D-Dad?"  

"I'm so glad you picked up. I'm so sorry about the other day. It just took me by shock and-" He overheard Mimi sniffling. "A-are you crying?" 

"M-me? No I'm fine Dad." Mimi was lying through her teeth but she didn't want her dad to worry. 

"No your not! Come over. I'll make you something delicious!" Her Dad had the same  cheerful voice he had when she was a child. 

"Okay. I'll be there soon." Mimi grabbed her coat and ran out the front door. "I'm leaving!" Little did Mimi know, Hoshi heard the whole conversation. 

"That idiot! How could she believe him just like that?!" Hoshi grabbed his coat and ran after Mimi. "I'm leaving too!" 

 

When Mimi arrived at her fathers house she was hesitant to knock. Unfortunately she didn't have to, her father already knew she was there and opened the door for her. 

"Mimi!" He greeted his daughter with a hug. It made Mimi flinch a little. She guessed she was still a little scared about what happened even though he apologised. Over the road Hoshi was hiding behind a tree trying his hardest to listen to what they were talking about. All he could make out was "Again I'm sorry..." and "Come in I made your faveourite food..." 

"Idiot..." 

The house looked the same but something felt off to Mimi. Whenever she looked at the kitchen all she could see was her dad pushing her down and when she looked at the living room she could see memories of when her father used to abuse her mother. 

"U-uhh maybe I shouldn't have come..." Mimi went to leave but her father pinned her to the wall. 

"And just where the hell do you think you're going?!" He tightened his grip on her wrists and smirked. 

"D-Dad I-I..."

"what's this? Is Mimi a little lost for words? Maybe I should force them out of you!" Her father slapped her around the face. He slapped her so hard that she fell to the floor. Mimi tried to pull herself away from him but he grabbed her legs and kicked her kneecap almost breaking her leg. "How's it feel? Painful? Well this isn't nearly half the pain your mother caused me when she left me! It was all your fault you spoilet little brat!" He went to slap her again but somebody grabbed his arm. He spun around and spotted Hoshi with a deadly look in his eye. 

"You punk!" Mimi's Dad went to punch Hoshi but Hoshi ducked and punched him in the stomach. 

"Quickly get up while he's down!" Mimi tried to move her leg but it hurt like hell. 

"I-I can't!" Hoshi rolled his eyes and picked her up bridal style thinking that he could get her out of there safely. Without warning Mimi's Dad whacked Hoshi around the back of the head with a frying pan and pulled Mimi away from him. 

"HOSHI! Dad let go of me! Let go!" Mimi tried to escape and get to Hoshi but it was no good.

"Whoops?"

"HOSHI!"