Boys 'Round Here

i check in (to a support group)

You'd think taking cover in the backroom freezer just because some guy seems to be stalking you everywhere nowadays would be weird, but it's the only option Seungkwan has right now. He's on the clock and can't afford to abandon his shift again. He's about two minutes away from being a Seung-CicleTM, but it's better than dealing with Jihoon's wrath like last time. 

 

Seungkwan's plan was to stay locked up in the freezer, munching on some frozen bread sticks, until the coast was clear, but fate (Junhui) seemed to have different plans.

 

There was a passive aggressive knock on the door from Junhui. "Seungkwan, there's some guy trying to order through our non-existent drive thru window, and I have no intentions of dealing with him. You're gonna have to do it."

 

Thinking about what kind of idiot doesn't realize that Woozi's Pizza Palace is dine-in only made him forget about his former troubles, so he peeked his head out the door to respond. "Why do I have to do it?"

 

"Jihoon said so."

 

That's all it took for Seungkwan to drop his half eaten bread stick and haul over to the customer in question... which happened to be Minghao. 

 

Minghao was pulled up on the sidewalk in his bigger than necessary 4x4 Chevy truck, apparently trying to place an order through the store's front window. Seungkwan didn't know if he was more pissed off at Minghao's ignorance or the fact that the Chinese guy's seat was leaned all the way back.

 

"Minghao, this isn't a drivethr-"

 

Seungkwan words were interrupted by Minghao speaking some Chinese that Seungkwan couldn't translate at all. He glared at the guy in the truck, letting Minghao finish his foreign rant before turning on his heels and heading back inside the pizza place. He stomped back behind the counter, glaring at Junhui with his thumb pointing backwards at the window where Minghao was almost falling out of his truck. 

 

"He's speaking Chinese.  Deal with it," Seungkwan snapped, and Junhui just shrugged and pulled him along outside to assess the situation. 

 

"Hey man, this isn't a drive-thru.  It's dine in only," Junhui spoke in Chinese, causing Minghao to just shrug and honk his horn on his truck.  Seungkwan made a y noise of displeasure and Minghao and Junhui launched into several minutes of animated Chinese banter. Seungkwan stood off slightly to the side, hands on his hips, pissed and confused about the whole situation.

 

"Whoa, nice truck," came a voice from the back, and all three heads turned their attention to Hansol who was standing there loudly smacking on his pizza.

 

, this guy's still here.

 

Suddenly, Minghao leaned his seat up slowly while pointing finger guns with his free hand, speaking in perfect Korean.  "Hey man, thanks.  You look like a cool guy, and a cool guy needs sunglasses."  He looked at Hansol and raised his sunglasses to show his eyes.  His face was straight but his eyebrows were a wigglin' as he said, "Wanna buy some?"

 

"Why the did he speak Korean to him?" Seungkwan snapped.

 

"I don't like you," Minghao switched back to Chinese, leaning his seat right back down.

 

"What he did he say?" Seungkwan squeaked in a high-pitched voice.

 

"Um...he said he's shy," Junhui said, a bit unsure.

 

Minghao raised his seat back up real quick.  "No, the I did not," he spoke in fluent Korean.  Seungkwan threw his hands up in the air in exasperation.

 

"Heck yes, I would like to buy some sunglasses.  How much are they?" Hansol piped up from the back, still smacking on the same slice of pizza.

 

Minghao sat up straight in his seat and became very professional.  "Alright, my man.  You can have these glasses right here," he spoke and slid off the sunglasses he was wearing.  "Five dollars."

 

Hansol looked down at the pizza box in his hands.  "This pizza is all I've got."

 

"That's what I wanted anyway," Minghao gestured for Hansol to bring the box forward and he snatched it out of his hands, placing it in the passenger's seat before leaning his seat all the way back.  He started up his truck and hauled out of there. 

 

The remaining three people watched as he left, staring after him in awe.  "How does he even see like that?" Seungkwan asked as he stood on his tiptoes to see better.

 

"I'm guessing he doesn't," Junhui suggested while Hansol nodded in agreement off to the side.  As if on cue, they heard a loud sound and looked up to see Minghao's truck running over the curb as he tore out of the parking lot, tires squealing.  There was a long pause between the three them before Junhui found himself too frazzled with the situation and went back inside to hide in the freezer. 

 

Seungkwan sighed and looked after Junhui.  He turned to go back inside even though there were no customers to speak of.  He stopped in his tracks when he felt something unfamiliar being placed on the back of his head.  He turned his head slightly to see Hansol standing there a bit shocked while holding the sunglasses to the back of Seungkwan's head. 

 

"Well, that didn't go as planned," Hansol chuckled softly as Seungkwan shot him a look.

 

"What exactly was the plan?" he asked Hansol with his eyebrows slightly raised.

 

"I was going to slide them on your face as a gift but I got the back of your head instead, ha ha," Hansol answered while offering Seungkwan a cool guy smile.  Seungkwan looked like he was going to question the gift, so Hansol spoke up quickly, "Before, you said that you were insecure but I think these will really bring out your eyes."

 

Seungkwan just stared at him for a moment in pure disbelief.  "How in the hell have you been getting laid up until this point with ty lines like that?" 

 

However, inner Seungkwan was squealing like a girl at a BTS fanmeet.  Why am I getting so excited over such a ty line and such a ty gift?

 

Hansol slapped his palm over his face in embarrassment before ambling out of the parking lot without saying anything.  Seungkwan watched him go, even more confused than he already was, before going back inside to his job.

 

-

 

Seungkwan tiredly opened the door to his shared dorm room, kicking off his work shoes at the entrance. Today had been a long day and all Seungkwan wanted to do right now was changed into his pajamas and knock the out. He had two tests tomorrow, and he wasn't prepared for either of them. Oh well.

 

He trudged into the bedroom and collapsed onto the bed, or - more specifically - his roommate, who happened to be laying on said bed. Seungkwan groaned at the unwanted lump under him. He just wanted the softness of the blankets minus his roommate's hard body.

 

"Can you take your to the living room? I'm about to watch some ."

 

His roommate's tone was fairly serious, which caused Seungkwan to let out a groan and roll off the bed. "Fine, but you only have ten minutes, Jeon Jungkook."

 

Jungkook lifted up his hand to make an okay sign. "Okey dokey!" The younger of the two let out a scoff at Jungkook's cutesy tone and headed into the living room. He may have unsuccessfully not been able to change out of his work clothes, but that wouldn't stop him from crashing on the couch.

 

Just as Seungkwan tossed himself onto the couch, he felt his phone vibrate in his back pocket. Who the is texting me at this time- He internally groaned and fished his phone out of his pocket, squinting at the sudden light as he unlocked his phone. There was a text message from some number that Seungkwan didn't have saved in his phone. Nor was it one that he recognized.

 

From: Unknown Number

hey sweet cheeks. did you enjoy the gift?

 

Seungkwan stared down at the message on his phone in disbelief. That damn Hansol somehow managed to get his number because Seungkwan sure as hell didn't give it to him.

 

To: Unknown Number

how did you get my number

From: Unknown Number

your friend wonwoo sold it to me for two dollars.

To: Unknown Number

i suggest you get a refund bc i'm about to block ur number

From: Unknown Number

but i want to get to know you.

but you won't talk to me face to face.

so i thought this would be easter.

i meant easier.

i'm not normally like this.

i sweat i'm cool.

swear.

.

 

From: Unknown Number

did you sit in sugar because your is sweet.

i didn't mean to send that.

 

By the time Hansol's texts had progressed to a full-blown mess, Seungkwan was already sitting up and staring at his phone in pure confusion.  He didn't know how to respond to that.  At that moment, he heard a loud exhale right by his ear.  He snapped his head around to see Jungkook standing there as he read the texts over Seungkwan's shoulder, breathing heavy.

 

"Yikes," Jungkook let out a dry laugh.  "This guy's a wreck. Let me handle this," he snatched the phone from Seungkwan before the younger male could protest and quickly typed something. He handed Seungkwan his phone back with a confident smile. 

 

"Hey, why did you send an eggplant and peach emoji? What does that mean?" Seungkwan tilted his head to the side in question, but his phone abruptly vibrated.

 

From: Unknown Number

??????????????????????????????????????????????

 

"Now you'll get laid for sure," Jungkook winked before slinking back into the room to finish his .

 

Seungkwan stared at the phone, realizing now why Hansol must be so confused.  He picked it up and quickly typed a response.

To: Unknown Number

im sorry my roommate sent that

 

From: Unknown  Number

is your roommate looking to get laid then?

i didn't mean that either

 

If Seungkwan were a cat, his tail would've been as big as a damn watermelon after reading that.  In other words, he was pissed.  He typed out a simple message and hoped it seemed as angry as he was.

 

To: Unknown Number

goodbye

 

He knew that going to sleep angry was going to cause stress wrinkles, but it was worth it.  He turned his phone off and went right to sleep.

 

--

 

a/n: the minghao event is based on a true story.