Body Like A Backroad

i check in (to a support group)

It was a week before the college festival. All of the crew were gathered on campus, thanks to a force called Boo Seungkwan, to help set up some of the decorations and such. 

 

As the situation stood, Seungkwan was walking around, clipboard in hand while bossing around some random freshmen instead of doing any actual physical labour. Seokmin and Yuna were teamworking some posters to hang around school. Hansol was stuck with the group building the main stage. They put him in charge of using the hammer, but he was already churning out some lackluster work. 

 

Lackluster work that Seungkwan had noticed. 

 

"Hansol!' he called, taking quick and sassy steps over to where the other was working. "What the hell is this?" Seungkwan questioned hard, pointing to the five nails on the board he was working on, all which were nastily bent and not in the right spots. It was a wonder how the board was stuck to the platform based on that. 

 

Hansol just shrugged and kept on hammering at an already bent nail, not really knowing what to say because he had no idea what the hell it was either. 

 

Another person who had noticed Hansol's disastrous work was Seokmin. But he didn't really care about that. Instead- "Hey, Yuna. We gotta hook them up," Seokmin whispered to the girl next to him, who in turn nodded agreeingly. "We gotta! Let's go with our Plan A," she said back. They both looked at each other and nodded before hopping up and rushing over to the other two in complete sync. 

 

"Seungkwan," Seokmin started once they reached them. "I think we're gonna need more glitter for our posters. And maybe some coffee." Seokmin made a point to bat his eyelashes at the second half of his request, paired with Yuna tossing in some puppy dog eyes of her own. 

 

Seungkwan ignored that completely, but was still down for it. "Sure thing! I don't have a car, though, so you'll have to take me! Bus prices are way too high." He sighed dramatically. 

 

"No can do. I have used condoms stuck to my seats. You don't wanna get in there," Seokmin said. Yuna casually backed it up by nodding. Seungkwan gave them both a look of half-digust and half-concern, opening up his mouth to say something but Seokmin was quick to cut him off. "But! This guy's got a car." Seokmin pointed to Hansol, who was blanked out completely mid-hammer. 

 

Seungkwan slowly blinked, not so much down for it anymore. "Hell no."

 

-

 

Don't know how it happened, but Seungkwan was planted in the passenger seat of Hansol's car, the latter blasting some 90s English hip-hop song that Seungkwan didn't understand one bit. 

 

Seungkwan was switching between death glaring the radio and the Hansol that was bopping his head enthuasiastically to the beat of the song. Finally, Seungkwan just decided that he had enough of it. "Can you at least play something that I know?" he snapped.

 

Hansol responded with something that was a mix of a nod with his head bops as he reaching for the radio to skim through his playlist. Seungkwan sighed, glad that Hansol was cooperative but quickly turned the radio off when he heard the familiar opening of Hotline Bling being played. 

 

Hansol looked at Seungkwan with a frown when the music was cut off, but Seungkwan's glare that read 'hell no' made him decide that maybe no music was okay for this car trip. 

 

Eventually, they had finished their stop for both the glitter and coffee. Seungkwan was now the one bopping his head along to some girl group playing on the radio. Yes, Hansol had finally given up on trying to play his Drake. 

 

Seungkwan was sipping on his drink when Hansol took a unnecessary sharp curve for who the hell knows why, causing the drink in the cup holder to fall and spill all over Seungkwan's seat, getting him soaked in the process. "Hansol!! The coffee!!"

 

"Oh ." Hansol said as he glanced down to see the coffee all over the place. His concerned for the situation went like this: about 13% because the coffee had spilled on Seungkwan, 13% that it had spilled in his car, and a whopping 74% because that was his ing chocolate chip frappe and he wasn't done with it yet. His poor frappe. Rest in peace.  

 

Seungkwan was pissed, trying to wipe the off his jeans. "Do something about this!! It's all over the damn place!" 

 

"Don't worry. I've got this," Hansol said, still somehow chill about the situation, as he pulled up into a car wash. He parked his car in one of the empty wash spots and hopped out, rushing over to the passenger side to open the door for Seungkwan. "Hop out." Seungkwan complied, but was still pissed. 

 

"You're gonna clean your car in a situation like this?! I'm the one that needs to be cleaned!" Seungkwan screeched, gesturing to his obviously wet jeans. However, Hansol was already beeline to put some quarters in the machine for the wash. He didn't say a word until he had a hold of the hose, ready to go. "Don't worry. I'm going to wash you too."

 

It took around four seconds for Seungkwan to realize what he meant. "Hansol, don't you ing dare-" 

 

And there it was. Hansol was spraying Seungkwan down with a hose at a car wash.

 

-

 

"Is this their idea of a date?" Yuna asked, obviously confused. She was sitting in the passenger seat of Seokmin's car, which was conveniently parked nearby so that they could get a good view of the mess going on at the car wash. 

 

"Not sure, but I'm getting ideas for our next date now." Seokmin might have been wearing sunglasses for emphasis on their 'stalking' but Yuna could tell that he was dead serious by the look on his face. 

 

She laughed, and they continued to watch the scene going on in front of them through the car's front window. Hansol was still hosing Seungkwan down. Both could tell that this wouldn't end pretty for Hansol.

 

-

 

Because Hansol only had four quarters, the hose only stayed on for about 30 seconds. He lowkey wished it had stayed on longer because once the water stopped, Seungkwan was ready to fight. 

 

"Choi Hansol. I'm going to kill you." Each word was emphasized in a threatening way. Hansol was kind of scared, but also kind of distracted because Seungkwan reminded him of one of those pissy wet cats. Pissy wet cats were cute. 

 

What do, what do was on repeat in Hansol's mind. Instead of the logical option (apologizing), Hansol instead panicked and rebutted in a five year old tone. "Yeah, well if you kill me then I'm gonna kiss you!" 

 

"You're going to what-" Seungkwan tried to question, but Hansol once again panicked and decided to go in for the kill.

 

But, like in the movies, the kiss had to be stopped right before it could happen. 

 

A loud 'WOW. THEY'RE GOING TO KISS!' followed by an equally as loud carn horn rang from like ten feet away. Both Hansol and Seungkwan turned their heads to look at the source of the noise. 

 

Seokmin's head was poking out of the sunroof of his car, and his knee was in an awkward position against the wheel that had the car horn drawing out a long honk, still. 

 

"Is that ing Seokmin?" Seungkwan deadpanned, not amused by the other's presence at all. 

 

They both watched as another hand reached up to grab Seokmin's head and drag in back down into the car. Not even a second passed before the car's wheels screeched as the stalkers made a desperate escape upon being discovered. 

 

As if it was a constant 'Seungkwan mood', Seungkwan watched them leave, pissed. Hansol was standing next to him, smiling like a while waving at the leaving car. "Bye-bye Seokmin!" That earned him a wack on the back of the head from Seungkwan. 

 

"Let's just... go back so I can dry off." Seungkwan sighed, getting a grip on the situation at hand again. 

 

"They have a dryer option here too. Let me just-" Hansol began, walking to the big hose for drying things off. Seungkwan reached out to grab ahold of Hansol's shirt, dragging his back to the car. "No."

 

"Aw man." Hansol snapped his fingers commically and got back into the car. 

 

It was a quiet ride back home and Hansol was still pretty sad about his frappe.