Good Vibrations

i check in (to a support group)

Hansol sighed and leaned his weary head against the wall of his dorm room as he pocketed his cell phone.  His little sister, a high school student, had just called to say that she'd be coming for a visit.  He loved his sister, but she could be a handful.  Her favorite pass time when coming to the university for a "campus tour" was scoping out all the boys she could.  

 

After his elongated sigh against the wall, he pulled his cell phone back out to check the time.  Sophia would be there in two hours, give or take.  He turned his head to look around his room.  It was clean enough for a college boy, but he really needed to do laundry.  He peeled himself away from the wall and searched around for a laundry basket, quickly piling his dirty clothes into it.  He hated doing laundry, but he figured it was really for the best to wash his clothes since he'd been wearing the same pair of sweatpants for three days now, and they were starting to get a little crusty.

 

He made his way out of his dorm room and downstairs to the laundry room.  When he arrived, he noticed the laundry room was fairly uncrowded for a Saturday, save for a few people.  He walked to find an empty machine, opened it, and began to heave his clothes into it, not caring at all about sorting the colors separately.  He stood by the machine as he waited, looking around.  He noticed the place was beginning to clear out fast, and pretty soon it was just him and a shady, scared looking guy glancing over his shoulder every now and then as he folded his clothes.  This continued for several minutes, and curious, Hansol walked behind the other male, who was distracted, wide-eyed, and sweaty, and peered over his shoulder.

 

"What are you doing?" Hansol whispered into the other male's ear, mainly for effect.

 

"Wha?!" the other male jumped, the laundry that was in his hand flying to the floor.  In a panic, he scrambled to pick the articles up.  Hansol, being to good guy he was, decided to help.  He bent over, not paying attention to what he was doing, and picked up a single pair of gold, sparkly .  Hansol eyed them curiously, and the other male squeaked and lunged out to grab them, but Hansol successfully guarded them.  "They're my girlfriend's!"

 

Hansol gave him a questioning look, cocking an eyebrow.  "They had your name in them though.  Choi Seungcheol?"

 

The other male, presumably Choi Seungcheol, visibly deflated and snatched the away, cradling them in his arms to hide them.  "Fine, they're mine.  But, just don't tell anyone, okay?"

 

"Nah, no worries.  Your secret is safe with me." Hansol nodded before grinning.  "Man, it is surprising though, that you wear smack like these."

 

Seungcheol titled his head to the side in confusion.  "Smack ?"

 

"Yeah, you know.   that when you're wearing them, the booty just demands to be smacked," he answered, turning to angle his hips as he smacked his own for effect.

 

Seungcheol watched wide-eyed, somewhat impressed with a dash of insult and a hint of intrigue.  "I don't think I've ever thought of it that way."  He paused, sighing.  "Just promise you won't tell anyone about this.  It's embarrassing, a handsome, masculine guy like me wearing...smack .  It's weird."

 

Hansol nodded, taking in the words of the other male.  "Well, it may not be as weird as you think."

 

Seungcheol knitted his brows together, looking at the other male with confusion etched on his face.  "What do you mean?"

 

The other male just smiled and clamped his hand down on Seungcheol's shoulder supportively.  "My friend, let me tell you about a little place called Shua's Support Group."

 

-

 

After his interesting time in the laundry room, Hansol barely had enough time to make it back to his own room with his freshly folded laundry before his sister arrived.  He was working on placing his clothes inside the dresser drawer when she burst through the door, making herself right at home on her brother's bed, looking at him expectantly.

 

"Okay, take me boy hunting," she demanded.

 

"Good to see you, too," Hansol mumbled under his breath, now taking his time to put his laundry away.  His sister actually growled.

 

"Come on, you know that sniffing out handsome college guys is, like, ninety-five percent of why I come here, the other fiver percent being to see you," Sophia smiled sweetly.

 

"You're supposed to be sniffing out perspective universities," Hansol said, turning to look at her and placing his hands on his hips.  "And you're really cutting into my game here."

 

Sophia just laughed and stood up, making her way to the door to signal she was ready to go.  Hansol sighed and followed her out, knowing that this was going to be an interesting Saturday for sure.

 

-

 

After an hour or so of walking around and drooling over every male specimen that walked by, Sophia decided she was hungry and that her older brother's wallet needed to have less money in it.  She dragged him inside of a pizza place called Woozi's Pizza Palace that Hansol had never even seen before, even though it wasn't far off campus.  Once inside, Hansol looked around and took in the smell of pizza while his sister made a beeline for the register.  Confused, Hansol looked at the register only to realize that there was a very handsome man standing behind it, looking tired.  His nametag read "Junhui" but his face read, "I want to go home."

 

Hansol casually strolled up to the counter behind his sister to wait for her to order since he was the man with the money.  However, it seemed she was only interested in flirting instead of eating.  Hansol sighed and waited patiently, relieved that at least they were the only customers in the store so they weren't holding anyone up.  After a while of Junhui trying to coax Sophia into ordering, she did.  Hansol pulled out his wallet as Junhui called the order out to whoever was in the kitchen.  Hansol was counting his money out when he heard an oddly familiar voice emerge.

 

"Sure thing, Jun, I'll have that pizza in the over right away.  Hey, did you ever-" the voice paused when it reached the counter.  "Oh no"

 

Hansol looked up, locking eyes with the owner of the voice as a grin spread across his cheeks.

 

"Sweet cheeks!" he exclaimed, much to the confusion of Sophia and Junhui and much to the dread of Seungkwan.

 

"Oh no," Seungkwan repeated, staring at Hansol in annoyance, as if to say how dare he come inside this particular pizza palace.

 

"I've been missing you since the last meeting," Hansol drawled and Seungkwan scoffed. 

 

"I did not give you permission to think about me," Seungkwan rolled his eyes and disappeared back into the kitchen, his coworker following behind him, probably to bombard him with questions.

 

Once they were gone, Sophia turned to her brother and gave him an interrogating look.  "Who's that?"

 

"He's a friend," Hansol just grinned, internally thanking his sister for inadvertently introducing him to his new hang out spot. 

 

"Sweet Cheeks is just a friend?" Sophia asked, not buying it.  There was obviously more to this story.

 

Hansol just shrugged and walked over to a booth by the window, sliding in and making himself comfortable.  After a minute of scooting around, he decided that that would be the booth he would be sitting in from now on.  It had the perfect view of the kitchen, so he could see Seungkwan at all times.  He thanked his lucky stars once again, and settled in to wait for the pizza.

 

An interesting Saturday indeed.