Highly Suspicious

i check in (to a support group)

It was nearing noon, and college students were bustling around the campus as they tried to make their way to the cafeteria. It wasn't normally this lively for lunch, but the cafeteria was holding its special 12 to 1 free hamburgers special. Another person who was excited for said special was Boo Seungkwan. He was currently hovering around the science hall as he waited for his best friend Wonwoo to get out of class.

 

However, it seemed that Wonwoo's class was being held in a bit later than usual, and Seungkwan was growing impatient. He wanted his damn burger.

 

To hopefully distract himself while waiting, Seungkwan decided to read a random bulletin board on the wall. It was littered with many notices of science fairs and other science related things coming up. He wasn't a major in this field, so none of it really got his attention. That was until he spotted a definitely-not-expected flyer pinned in the corner of the board.

 

'Shua's Support Group!

Having problems regarding anything -wise?

Meet others like you and get help from Psychology major Hong Joshua, today!

Location: Room 315, Science Hall. - Time: 4:10'

 

That was new. As far as Seungkwan knew, there was never any groups like that at their university. It was quite the uptight uni anyways. He continued to stare at the flyer, not even noticing that the person he'd been waiting for was now standing right next to him and staring up at the flyer, too.

 

" Support Group?" Wonwoo said in a monotone voice, startling Seungkwan in the process and causing the latter to turn towards his taller friend with a scandalised look. 

 

"Jesus, Wonwoo! I told you cut down on the creepy appearing out of nowhere thing!" Seungkwan scolded, unnecessarily poking Wonwoo's chest with his finger for the nagging emphasis. To this, Wonwoo mumbled a half-hearted apology. 

 

Redirecting his attention back to the bulletin board, Seungkwan pointed towards the flyer in question from earlier. "We're doing this," Seungkwan said matter-of-factly.

 

Wonwoo could tell that he wasn't going to take no for an answer, but that wouldn't stop him from trying. "And why in the hell would we go to some college ' support group'? That's sketchy as hell." Seungkwan went from pointing to wagging his finger in Wonwoo's face, shaking his head along with it. 

 

"No, no, my son. We're going to this so you can finally accept the fact that, you know," Seungkwan looked around shiftily before leaning in to whisper, "...gay." 

 

Giving the shorter his trademark Wonwoo Stare, he took a moment before rebutting. "First off, I'm older. Stop calling me your son." Wonwoo sighed as Seungkwan looked like he wanted to argue, but Wonwoo held up his hand so he could continue. "Second, a support group full of weirdos is not how I want to exploit my uality."

 

Seungkwan took a moment to just close his eyes, as if he was cleansing himself of the complaints his friend had. Wonwoo continued to stare at him, waiting for his response, but Seungkwan simply looped his arm with the taller's and began dragging him out of the science hall. "Trust me, Won. I am the notorious Boo Seungkwan, after all." 

 

Before he could voice his suspicions, Seungkwan was giving him another pull on the arm as he guided them to the cafeteria. "Plus, the burger special ends in 15 minutes! We'll talk about it later."

 

-

 

'Later' turned out to be exactly 5 minutes later. Both boys had grabbed them self lunch and joined their friends at the normal table located behind the cafeteria. 

 

"You're doing what now?

 

Seungkwan quickly rolled his eyes as he took a bite from his burger, and held out his hand to show he was irritated. "I'm not repeating myself. I know you heard me the first time, Kim."

 

"Okay, Boo," 'Kim' - being Kim Mingyu - replied, emphasising the second word to match Seungkwan's sass. "It was rhetorical. But I do want to know why you even think that's a good idea." 

 

Wonwoo gave a grunt to show that he agreed with the other's words, obviously against the whole thing. Seungkwan ignored it and continued to try to reason, "You wouldn't understand since you're straight, but I know what's best for my son." He spoke while gesturing towards the girl sitting next to Mingyu, who was currently chatting away with her friend, who also was in their group of friends by default. 

 

Mentioned girlfriend quickly halted the conversation to link her arm with Mingyu's, turning her attention towards the other two boys as she nodded. "Mingyu's right," she defended, earning a pat on the head and a bright 'Thanks, Eunbi' from Mingyu. 

 

Both Seungkwan and Wonwoo rolled their eyes at this. 

 

The other girl, Choi Yuna, let out a quick laugh as her friend acted like a puppy at her boyfriend's affection, causing both of them to forget about the before conversation. She got up from her seat, moving away from the couple and over to sit next to Seungkwan, patting his shoulder. "You know, Mingyu is right."

 

Seungkwan huffed in protest, adamantly shaking his head. "And why is that?"

 

She spared a glance towards Wonwoo, who was watching the couple across from him with silent eyes, before looking back at Seungkwan. "Well, just because you're the university's only open homoual doesn't mean you know what's best for Wonwoo," she said seriously before straightening up with a playful look. "Especially if you're tagging along. God knows what you will do to embarrass him."

 

Another scandalised look made its way to Seungkwan's face as he put down his burger on his tray to place a hand on his chest. "I would never embarrass my son like that!" He reached his hand out to yank Wonwoo into an unwanted and uncomfortable hug. 

 

Wonwoo looked up at Yuna with eyes that were begging her to save him, so she sighed in defeat before smiling, giving Seungkwan another pat on the shoulder. "Okay, okay. I trust you, Kwan." Then she leaned forward a bit as she gave Wonwoo a pat on the head as well, cooing at him. "Just make sure our son doesn't get too emotionally scarred."

 

With that, she got up and made her way back over to the couple, taking her seat next to Eunbi. 

 

Seungkwan let go of Wonwoo and smiled bright at him. "See? Even your mother said yes to this. You're going."

 

Letting out a groan, Wonwoo tossed his hands up in defeat before glaring at his 'mom and dad'. "I'm the oldest one out of all of us! Stop calling me your son!" That earned him a loud coo from both Seungkwan and Yuna. 

 

-

 

Checking his phone, Seungkwan noted that it was currently 4:04 and Wonwoo's last class for the day got out in one minute. The elder's last class took place in the arts building, which was far from the science hall, but if they ran, Seungkwan was sure they'd make it in time for that support group meeting. 

 

He was currently stand right outside the classroom's door, eyes peeled in case Wonwoo tried to slip past him in hopes of escaping and not having to go to the meeting. Seungkwan knew Wonwoo was against this, but he also knew this would be good for his 'son'. 

 

A minute later and he spotted his friend exiting the classroom. Seungkwan reached out and grabbed Wonwoo's wrist, immediately tearing out into a sprint as they both exited the building. He was ignoring the other's comments of "Why the are we running?" or "Can you please let me go?" because he was a man on a mission at this point. 

 

By the time they reached Room 315 in the science hall, only two minutes had passed. Seungkwan mentally fist pumped because that was a new personal record. Okay, more like his only personal record. He's not an exercise kinda guy. 

 

Standing outside the door was some guy Seungkwan didn't recognise at all, but judging by the odd nametag with a strangely neat "Hong Jisoo" written on it, he assumed this was the Hong Joshua guy. 

 

"Uh, hey. We're here for the support group thing. Are you Joshua?" Seungkwan asked as he walked up to the guy, an unwilling Wonwoo still in tow. 

 

"Yes, I am!" Joshuareplied, flashing them an overly excited smile and holding out some crossed shaped lemon candies for the two to take. "If you're here for the support group, then you're at the right place! Please accept these and find a seat inside."

 

Seungkwan looked down at the candies then looked back up at the smiling guy with a raised brow. "Does this group accept homouals?" He was squinting accusingly at Joshua by now. In all honesty, Seungkwan didn't like to be judgmental of Christians, but he knew to always be aware based off experience and the candies weren't helping. 

 

Joshua tilted his head to the side, not getting why he'd be asked the question before realisation hit him. "Oh!" he smiled sheepishly, as he stuffed the candies back into the fanny pack around his waist - Had he been wearing that the entire time? Seungkwan thought to himself, judging the fashion disaster - and pulled out another set of candies.

 

Reaching for both Seungkwan's hand he placed a different candy in his hand before doing the same for Wonwoo. Seungkwan stared down at the candy, which was just a peppermint with the words 'Gay is Okay' printed on it. The ridiculous fact that these even existed made Seungkwan burst out into a loud laugh.

 

Joshua continued to smile at him as if the candies were the answer to any further suspicions, gesturing for them to enter. Seungkwan looked back at Wonwoo to check on the state of his friend. Wonwoo simply gave a thumbs up and flashed a smile before popping the peppermint into his mouth. Seems like candy was the answer to all problems. 

 

They entered the room, and Seungkwan noted that it looked like just about every other classroom. The only difference were that the tables were gone and the chairs were placed in a circle formation. Oh, and the huge, very hard to miss banner hanging on the whiteboard. 'How you love does not define you" were the words that were poorly painted onto it. Along with, what Seungkwan assumes, are equally as poorly drawn birds and bees around the letters. 

 

Putting that in the back of his mind, he drags Wonwoo - who was currently walking with his head down to avoid making eye contact with everyone - to two empty chairs away from everyone. 

 

One they sat down, Seungkwan took a moment to scan the area and take in that there were actually a surprising amount of people here for this meeting. He was also concerned at that fact since that meant there a lot of people with problems, and he could imagine what they could be. 

 

His inner thoughts were broken when Wonwoo nudged his shoulder to catch his attention, looking at him like a lost puppy. "I'm getting an eerie vibe from this place, man." 

 

"Don't worry, son. I've got your back," Seungkwan assured with a bright smile and a loud smack on the older's back for emphasis. 

 

As he continued to attempt in making Wonwoo think positively about this experience, Seungkwan failed to notice that someone and filled up the formerly unoccupied seat next to him. It was only when Wonwoo stopped talking to stare at the guy at Seungkwan's side, causing the latter to turn and face the guy to find him already staring at him. 

 

"What'cha in for?" that guy asked in a very casual tone, one too casual for Seungkwan's liking. Plus, who even asks that? It's not like they were serving jail time. He gave the guy an up-down look before squinting at him before responding, "Who the are you?" 

 

The stranger smirked in amusement as he held his hands up to show that he means no harm. "Woah, calm down sweet cheeks. I'm just tryna make some chitchat." 

 

Seungkwan scoffed in disbelief at the pet name he was called while Wonwoo just watched this scene unfold with slight nervousness. Seungkwan was one sassy , and the older knew he'd start a cat fight at the drop of a hat.

 

"Oh, please. I have no interest in talking to you," Seungkwan scowled then turned back to face Wonwoo, goal being to ignore the flirtatious stranger. 

 

However, the flirtatious stranger leans forward a bit to peek around at Wonwoo as he lazily points at Seungkwan with his thumb. "Does this guy always act like a prissy bottom?" 

 

Wonwoo's mouth dropped open in complete shocked as Seungkwan turned around with an equally as shocked gasp. That guy was simply staring at Seungkwan with a smirk, obviously amused by the latter's reaction. 

 

Seungkwan waved his hand in front of his own face as he tried to neutralise his facial express, inhaling a deep breath as well. Then he pressed a very accusing finger at that guy's chest before trying to sound as intimidating as possible. "You know what? Don't talk to me or my son ever again."

 

That guy just stared at Seungkwan for a solid two seconds before he busted out into laughter. Seungkwan's pride was seriously hurt that that guy had the audacity to laugh at him when he is dead serious. It didn't help that he turned to see Wonwoo facepalming as well, obviously not intimidated either.

 

Well, this wasn't going as planned at all.