어디에서 왔는지

Channel Orange

“So, this is it, huh?”

It was 2:00 am. The two teenagers knew better than to stay up all night and avoiding the fact that today’s Monday. Needless to say, tonight wasn’t a total bust; after all, neither of them expected to become more than just ‘classmates’ in just a few hours.

Chaeyoung giggled, staring at the boy’s eyes which she found so engaging. “Jungkook, we’re going to meet again later in class in the morning.”

“So?” Jungkook asked, tucking a strand of hair behind Chaeyoung’s ears. He will never get tired of doing this. “We might not be able to… y’know, talk like this.”

Chaeyoung sighed and took a hold of Jungkook’s hand that was still hovering near her ear. “Can I say something?”

Jungkook shrugged, silently squealing at the feeling of Chaeyoung’s soft hands holding his. “Go on.”

Chaeyoung smiled sweetly and, with her free hand, gently caressed Jungkook’s cheek. This caught the latter off guard as he stared at the girl with comically wide eyes. Chaeyoung giggled, letting her small fingers leave faint trails upon the boy’s face. “I’m glad that it was you who I bumped into. I’m glad we get to be close. And I’m glad that whatever I’m feeling in my chest right now, you’re the one who’s causing it.”

Jungkook took a deep breath. This was too good to be true, so he said, “But you want us to take it slow, am I right?”

Chaeyoung looked surprised at how the boy quickly catches on what she’s trying to imply. “Oh, wow, you’re a smart one.”

Jungkook chuckled. “Thanks.” He then took Chaeyoung’s hand off his cheek and let it linger longer on his hand before letting it go. “Don’t worry. We can take it slow.”

Knowing that he was alright with it, Chaeyoung wiped an imaginary sweat on her forehead while saying, “Phew! Man, that could’ve gone way awkward than I originally thought it would.”

Jungkook rolled his eyes, shoving his hands in the muff of his hoodie. “But it didn’t, right?”

“Mhmm,” Chaeyoung winked cutely. “Thanks. You know, for understanding. And, as a reward…”

Chaeyoung walked a bit closer to Jungkook, going on her tiptoes and leaned in to place a soft kiss on Jungkook’s cheek. The latter froze. He felt goose bumps forming all over his neck while the blood coursing through his veins came rushing onto his cheeks. His eyes went wide again. Even after the girl’s lips left his cheek, it left an unseen mark.

Chaeyoung took a step backward to see the reaction Jungkook made and it didn’t fail to amuse her. She laughed at the flustered boy still frozen in his place. ‘You’re so cute’, she thought in her head because she wasn’t ready to tell him. Yet.

She unlocked the door to her apartment and looked back at Jungkook who never left his place. As a goodbye, she ruffled Jungkook’s hair and, with a grin, said, “Goodnight, pretty boy.” Then, she went inside and closed the door.

It took the sound of the door closing shut that made Jungkook snap out of his thoughts. Walking inside of his apartment, he closed the door behind him and went to his room in a slow pace. A wide smile slowly crept upon his face.

“What’s gotten into you?” Jungkook turned to see Namjoon working on his university assignments with a laptop in front of him and several papers scattered unevenly by the side.

The smile didn’t leave his face when he answered, “Nothing…”

Namjoon watched his brother intently as he made his way inside of his room silently. Until Jungkook started shouting happily at the top of his lungs. The older one chuckled, shaking his head and proceed to continue on his homework.

“Boys and their hormones.”

 

-

 

Monday morning arrived like any other day of the week. Namjoon actually had to wake Jungkook up due to the excessive ringing of the latter’s alarm that woke the older brother up and when he came into Jungkook’s room, he sees the younger one still lying on the bed with both arms spread out and his two legs exposed from the warm disheveled blanket. He was snoring so loud it started to tick Namjoon off, causing him to come near the bed and pinched Jungkook’s nose tightly to prevent him from snoring and breathing properly. And voila, it woke him up.

Jungkook groaned tiredly. “Just five more minutes.”

Namjoon made him sit up then slapped both of Jungkook’s cheeks lightly. “Time is precious, buddy. So is your attendance at school.”

“School…” Jungkook mumbled with half-opened eyes, pushing his brother aside so that he could get up and walked zombie-like towards the bathroom. “School…”

Namjoon chuckled and spent quite a while fixing Jungkook’s bed before going to the kitchen to make some good ol’ scrambled eggs with French toast and two cups of mouth-watering coffee for the two of them.

After filling their stomachs up with grub, Jungkook bid Namjoon farewell and went to school first because the older one didn’t have any classes until 12 in the afternoon. Not forgetting to grab his white sweater on his way out, he left the apartment and start walking his way to school.

Jungkook didn’t really understand why the teachers forced all of the final year students to attend school considering that they finished the national exams just about a month ago and graduation is only a couple of months away. They were told that their attendance is very much needed for their final report card and they wouldn’t have to take any remedial classes if all their grades in every subject matched the standardized GPA or even above it. Having said that, those who didn’t meet the required marks must attend extra classes which were 100% mandatory. Luckily, Jungkook wasn’t one of those students.

So basically, all the seniors (including Jungkook and his friends) can do whatever they want in school with the one condition of not disturbing those in their first year, second year and final year students who’re taking extra classes.

He was greeted by other students once he walked inside the building, greeting them back with a simple smile and a wave. Walking up the stairs and through a hallway, he found his class - marked 12-B on top of the door - and went inside. His eyes scanned across the room and finally resting upon a sleeping figure with their head placed on top of their arms.

“Sleeping in again, huh?” Jungkook chuckled and then walked up to the said person whose busy visiting Dream Land. With a light shake on the shoulder, he said, “Hey, wake up.”

The person groaned drowsily, his head not moving an inch from his arms. “Not now, Kookie.”

“Hyung, you should really lay off the late-night recording sessions, okay?” Jungkook advised as he pulled out a chair next to the sleeping boy. “You’re Min Yoongi by day, Suga by night. You know what I’m trying to say?”

“Sleep isn’t in my vocabulary,” The boy, named Yoongi, chuckled before he lift his head up to face Jungkook and ruffled the latter’s hair. Noticing how similarly tired the younger one looked, he said, “Well, you don’t look fresh yourself. What’d you do last night?”

Jungkook shrugged. “You know, just this and that. Fun fact: apparently the student council president lives in the same apartment as I do.”

Yoongi raised an eyebrow, propping his arm to let his head lay on his hand. “Park Chaeyoung?”

Jungkook nodded. “Mhmm.”

“Did you guys talk?” Yoongi asked.

“Oh yeah,” Jungkook said and greeted ‘good morning’ at a student who walked past him. “We did.”

“My, oh my, oh my,” Yoongi smirked, placing his hand firmly on Jungkook’s shoulder. “Looks like this little bird’s finally leaving out of his nest.”

Jungkook rolled her eyes. “Shut up, just go back to sleep.”

“Hey, hey, calm down,” Yoongi sat up on his seat completely and properly faced Jungkook. “You, me and the guys know your tragic history with the ladies. As far as we’re concerned, you’re not even close with any of the girls here so it’s safe for us assume that you don’t have the balls to talk to them.”

“I do have balls, hyung,” Jungkook retorted, slumping back on his seat and sighed. “But Chaeyoung’s different. I acted like how I would act when I’m with you and the other hyungs.”

“Like a ?” Yoongi smirked.

“Yeah, sure. I was a total to her,” Jungkook answered sarcastically before going serious again. “Usually, I get nervous fits when I’m around girls, but not to her. And it felt... great.”

Yoongi nodded understandingly. “So, what? You like her or something?”

Jungkook started to blush madly, looking down at his shoes whilst playing with his fingers. “I sort of told her that she would make a good girlfriend…”

“Well damn!” Another voice came into the conversation which caused the two boys to turn their heads around and find Hoseok alongside Taehyung and Jimin looking at Jungkook with teasing smiles. The guys loved bugging the crap out of the younger boy whenever it revolves around Jungkook and his miserable life being a single teenager with not much luck with the specimens scientists call ‘females’.

“Is this little guy finally starting his love life?” Jimin smirked as he went up to Jungkook and threw his arm around the latter’s neck.

“Looks like you and I are going to have ‘the talk’ now, aren’t we Kookie?” Hoseok winked, ruffling the maknae’s hair playfully. Jungkook swat Hoseok’s hand away and frustratingly fixed his already messy hair. What is up with people ruffling his hair nowadays?

“Yah, yah, yah. You think you’re capable of winning the heart of the gorgeous student council president?” Taehyung mocked as he pinched Jungkook’s cheek, a gesture Jungkook himself despised.

“I believe he already did, Taehyung-ssi.”

Jungkook’s eyes widened as he heard the oh-so-familiar voice behind him. Turning his body around, he sees Chaeyoung looking at him with a sly grin on her face and arms crossed around her chest.

The other boys stayed in place with the same shocked expression written all over their faces as Chaeyoung walked over to Jungkook and stood in front of him. Her grin turned into a warm smile.

“Good morning, pretty boy,” Chaeyoung greeted, pinching Jungkook’s nose when she noticed how cute the boy was as he continued to stare at her.

Jungkook snapped out of his daze and groaned annoyingly. “Can you stop pinching my nose?”

Chaeyoung shook her head, still holding his nose between her thumb and index finger. “You look adorable when you look like .”

Jungkook rolled his eyes, taking a hold of Chaeyoung’s hand and intertwining it with his. “Well, an apology from you would be fantastic since you’re the one who made me stay up all night listening to your terrible singing.”

Chaeyoung smirked, swinging their hands side to side. “Really? From what I remember, it was you who said, and I quote, ‘you’re voice is that of a fallen angel’.”

“I must’ve been drunk,” Jungkook shrugged, secretly loving the feeling of their hands touching.

“From drinking Red Bull?”

“Yup.”

The two went silent for a moment before they started laughing loudly.

T’was strange sight for the friends of the maknae, though.

Yoongi cleared his throat. “Yo, we’re still here.”

The ‘lovebirds’ turned their heads to the four boys staring at them with the upmost confusion. Realizing this, they quickly separate their hands from one another. Chaeyoung, being the nice girl she herself claimed to be, waved at them and said, “Hello there, Jungkook’s friends. Yes, I am a girl; and yes, Jungkook did win my heart.”

“You’re saying that because you think it’s funny, right?” Jungkook raised an eyebrow.

“Why, baby? Isn’t it true?” Chaeyoung looked back at Jungkook and playfully winked at him. But as soon as she said that, she felt immediate shivers down her spine. “Oh, God, that was so not like me.”

“You want me to remind you to never ever do that?” Jungkook suggested.

Chaeyoung nodded. “That would be lovely.”

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, time out!” Taehyung stepped in before things started to get even stranger for him. “What is going on here?”

“It seems like Jungkook and Chaeyoung-ssi here are now acquainted,” Jimin concluded with an impressed grin.

“Well no , Sherlock. We just watched these two did PDA right in front of our eyes, isn’t that enough to convince us about their undying love?” Yoongi stated, causing both Jungkook and Chaeyoung to become all flustered and embarrassed. “Anyways, a friend of Jungkook is a friend to all of us as well.”

Chaeyoung smiled sheepishly and bowed slightly at Yoongi. “T-Thank you, Yoongi-ssi.”

“Drop the formalities. We’re friends now, right?” Yoongi gave her a welcoming smile and offered his hand. “Min Yoongi. High school student by day, professional music producer by night.”

Chaeyoung giggled, accepting his handshake. “Park Chaeyoung, at your service. Your stuff sounds pretty dope.”

“You listen to my music?” Yoongi’s ears perked up, his smile getting wider.

“Definitely! I check out your SoundCloud every now and then, it’s the kind of beats I would listen to whenever I study or if I ever needed inspiration to write songs over,” Chaeyoung expressed her admiration towards the older boy. “I’m actually planning on doing an original song using your one of your instrumentals, but I’m not sure.”

“I’ll make one for you if you want,” Yoongi offered. “Your covers and originals are really good, you know. I’m an avid listener of your SoundCloud as well.”

“Daaaaw, why thank you!” Chaeyoung beamed a happy smile at the boy. “Yeah, let’s do a collab or something together, it’ll be so awesome. I kinda need help with the mixing and mastering, though.”

“What program do you use?” Yoongi asked, fully on board with Chaeyoung’s idea.

“I sometimes use Audacity, but mostly FL Studio nowadays,” Chaeyoung answered.

“I use Pro Tools, but maybe you can come over to my place and work in my little studio sometime. I’m free whenever and I got nothing to do anyways,” Yoongi suggested, his smile never leaving his face whenever he talks about music.

“Wait, you have a studio at home?” Chaeyoung looked at Yoongi with surprised eyes.

Yoongi chuckled shyly, scratching the back of his neck. “Yeah… I built it myself. I mean, it’s pretty dull-looking, to be honest.”

“No worries. I will be working with the one and only Agust D, which is such an honor.” Chaeyoung mentioned Yoongi’s SoundCloud username, causing the both of them to laugh.

Jungkook watched the scene play out in front of him with a relieved smile. He knows Yoongi doesn’t get along well with everybody, but when it comes to music, the latter opens himself up to anyone who shares the same views as him. It’s a comforting sight to see Yoongi befriending someone in an instant and it’s a plus for Jungkook to know that the person Yoongi is currently talking to is Chaeyoung.

She really is different.

Jungkook felt a nudge on his side.

“Why didn’t you introduce her to us sooner, Jungkook?” It was Hoseok. “She’s so cool.”

Jungkook smiled. “Yeah, she is.”