Chapter Nine

The Only One to See

A/N

I am SO SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG TO UPDATE THIS...... I just got distracted with so many other projects that this fell by the wayside... I CANNOT apologize enough for that...

I hope this fluff appeases everyone, and that you all can forgive me for the sinfully long wait. I'm hoping to finish this fic up soon for everyone who's waited and waited... and waited... and waited... and waited.

Thank you all for your patience <3 Y'all are the best~

 

Hoseok and Changkyun walk along the river, a delightful breeze blowing through the air. They speak about nothing in particular, just content to be in each other’s company. Changkyun shoves his hands in his pocket, unsure of what to do with them. He wants to hold the older’s hand, but doesn’t know if he should. Hoseok chuckles lowly to himself, and, as if hearing the younger’s thoughts, he throws an arm around his shoulders.

“Sorry I fell asleep on you last night…” Changkyun suddenly says, the first thing coming to his mind being how he passed out in the middle of their conversation the night before. He then blushes, running through the sentence in his mind again as he adds, “Not on you, you know, just…” He huffs out an annoyed breath at his own frazzled state, shaking his head.

“It's alright, Kukkungie,” Hoseok chuckles nervously, pulling the younger closer to himself comfortingly. “I know it was pretty late. I hope you weren't having to catch up on any old assignments or anything because of the club.”

Or because of me, Hoseok thinks, but he doesn't want to sound so pitiful on the first date.

Changkyun seems to catch onto Hoseok's silent words, and he shakes his head, snuggling into the younger’s side.

“Of course not, hyung,” he tells him as he tries to give him a gentle smile. Hoseok chuckles at the affection, trying to ignore his own wild blush. Changkyun glances up at Hoseok, his eyes shining, and Hoseok's heart stumbles and flutters about within his chest. God, this kid is cute. He stares back at the younger, grip tightening around him. Changkyun's eyes fall, and suddenly are glued to something behind his date. Hoseok looks around confusedly, worried for a moment that some hitter guy had just walked by.

He can't help but laugh at realizing it's merely an ice cream stand the younger has become infatuated with. He gets the silent message quickly, and tugs Changkyun over by his hand.

“What do you want?” he asks, eyes already perusing the menu. He glances over to see Changkyun sheepishly pressing his lips together, shifting on his feet hesitantly.

“You don’t have to get me anything, hyung,” Changkyun tells him softly, but Hoseok shakes his head.

“But I want to, Kkungie,” Hoseok tells him, pouting a bit too cutely for what should be legal. “Come on, just let your hyung dote on you.” Changkyun chuckles at this, and nods in concession as he tells the older his typical order, a three-scoop ice cream treat with alternating flavors of chocolate and vanilla. Hoseok makes the order, adding in a single scoop of mint chocolate chip for himself. They get their sweets not long after, and they walk away at them excitedly… albeit, the younger seems much more excited for the treat than does his hyung.

Hoseok watches Changkyun slurp at the ice cream amusedly, utterly delighted at having been able to do something for his dongsaeng. If he didn’t think Changkyun was cute just standing there… wow, it’s nothing compared to when he smiles.

Changkyun suddenly pauses in his work to glance questioningly over at the older, the tips of his ears turning red.

“Is there something on my face?” he asks sheepishly, wiping instinctively at his mouth. Hoseok chuckles, shaking his head quickly.

“You’re just cute, Kkungie,” he admits, though the statement doesn’t seem to do much to ease the younger’s nerves. Hoseok chuckles at the way the red travels down to Changkyun’s cheeks, how his dongsaeng presses his lips together as his eyes anxiously travels up to the sky.

Hoseok is suddenly filled with the urge to kiss the younger, though he satiates himself with just holding his hand, for now.

“I’m n-not cute…” Changkyun mumbles, his voice barely audible. Hoseok thinks this is absolutely adorable, and squeezes the younger’s hand to tell him as much.

“Don’t argue with your hyung, and accept the compliment,” Hoseok merely says jokingly, shooting Changkyun a teasing grin. Changkyun returns the expression despite his own embarrassment, and returns to lapping at the sweet frozen creams before they melt all over his hand.

 

The two come to a bench a little while later, and they take a seat. The smell of ramyeon wafts through the air, and Hoseok excuses himself for a moment before coming back with two piping hot bowls of the noodles. Changkyun can’t help but giggle knowingly at the typical behavior. The sound only seems to worsen Hoseok’s smile, making it grow to be too big for his own face, and the older retakes his seat beside him.

Their knees playfully bump against each other as they slurp it up, both humming appreciatively at the flavorful snack. Hoseok finishes much faster than Changkyun, but that’s to be expected as the younger low-key suspects he must’ve been a champion ramyeon eater in a past life. He doesn’t get up to throw away the disposable bowl, though, as he’s too mystified by the cute way Changkyun’s nose scrunches up when broth threatens to splatter on his face, or the smallest smile on the younger’s lips as he eats.

His gaze suddenly zeroes in on the younger’s lips. They’re plump, but not overly so, and they seem… oddly kissable in this moment. Hoseok’s heartbeat quickens ever so slightly, and his blood begins to pound in his ears at the embarrassing, tantalizing thought.

Changkyun, as if feeling the hard stare, glances over at him, a questioning pout contorting those luscious lips.

“Hyung?” he asks, cocking his head to the side. The older’s gaze is unreadable, and Changkyun can’t help but squirm nervously under it.

“Ch-Changkyunnie,” Hoseok finds himself saying, pulling his bottom lip between his teeth anxiously as he brings his eyes up to meet the younger’s. “C-Could I… Could I kith you?”

Changkyun doesn’t know what’s harder to process, Hoseok’s stuttering lisp, or the question he’s just been asked. He looks around at their surroundings, the way the river spreads out before them and sparkles against the soft sunlight. It’s a regular scene out of a drama, he can’t help but think. He returns his eyes to Hoseok, who seems to be holding his breath. He wants to say yes. God does he want to say yes. But, the words stick in his throat, and his mind short-circuits as he thinks of all the kissing scenes he’s witness on television, and how he should’ve maybe googled how to kiss before coming here, and—

Hoseok’s entire demeanor seems to deflate, and he sheepishly looks away.

“It’s okay, I understand,” he mumbles, clearly heartbroken at Changkyun’s lack of a response. “It’s too soon, I know. I don’t want to rush you into anything, and…” Changkyun doesn’t listen to the older’s words, but wonders why the boy would just assume he’d say no ever to such a question. He suddenly sees this entire outing shifting, changing for the worse. He imagines Hoseok backing off, taking everything he does the wrong way now, all because of this singular failure to say anything.

He can’t have that.

He won’t have that.

He likes Hoseok, and he’ll have him.

He gulps down, hard, adrenaline coursing through him as he throws caution to the wind and lurches forward to rectify the situation. His lips land perfectly on the older’s, and Hoseok remains still for only a millisecond before reciprocating, his muscular arms coming up to circle around Changkyun’s waist.

He tastes just like ramyeon, Changkyun thinks in the back of his head, smiling at the warm feeling spreading through him now that instantly replaces his split-second of panic.

They pull apart only far enough to stare into each other’s eyes, wide, idiotic smiles on their faces as they both laugh under their breath, identical blushes blazing across their pale skin.