Chapter 8

I give myself to you

"Yoongi hyung, hey!" Hoseok lightly ran into Yoongi who was sitting under the shade of a tree, reading a book. 

"What are you reading?" Hoseok came and sat beside Yoongi, leaning over Yoongi as trying to see the book.

"Nothing special. Just killing some time." Yoongi said, eyes still at book.

"You are always busy doing nothing." Hoseok giggled while he layed down using Yoongi's thigh as his pillow.

"Hey, you....." Yoongi tried to pull his leg.

"Aishh.. don't move hyung." 

 

 

Yoongi's concentration went back to book again. For sometime there was a complete silence. A little sound of others noise, Yoongi's turning of pages and sometimes the plants and leaves of the trees when gentle wind blows. Yoongi remembered Hoseok's presence when his leg started to get numb. So, he removed the book and looked at Hoseok. Only to find Hoseok was playing with a leaf. 

"You didn't have anyone to play with?" Yoongi asked.

"Umm....I have. Namjoon was cleaning room with Seokjin hyung. Jungkook was telling me to play basketball with him. Jimin and Taehyung were asking my help for cleaning the windows." Hoseok replied.

"And?" 

"And what? I am feeling super lazy today. So I decided to follow my heart?" Hoseok said.

"Follow your heart?" 

"Yes! Follow my heart." Hoseok woke up. Dramatically, he clutched his chest " and my heart said ' Jung Hoseok, go and find Min Yoongi before these idiots pull you with them." 

Yoongi chuckled. " It would be better if you had gone for study."

"Told you, I am super lazy today. All day I have to solve problems. Today is the day, Jung Hoseok will take a break from all those problems and contribute his day not helping  anyone and stay with Mr. Min Yoongi, enjoying the view of this nature." Hoseok said as he dramatically showed the surrounding.

"Ok then, let's not do anything and enjoy the nature today." Yoongi said as he looked at Hoseok with a poker face. Within sometime they both bursted into laughter.

"But seriously, you should go and study. There are many here who want to attend the exam. If you even get lower rank than them then you are spending your whole two years here." Yoongi said.

" You know hyung, sometimes I feel like... nahh what am I gonna do if I get released from here. I won't have friends like you. Moreover I understand Namjoon's teaching more than my teacher. Also, I love here. Cooking, washing your own clothes, gardening, cleaning the windows they are all fun. At home we have got maids and she does all these. Never knew it would be that fun." Hoseok said.

"They look fun because you are new here. Once you have to do it repeatedly you will get frustrated." Yoongi said.

"Hyung, how long have you been here?" Hoseok asked.

"Let's say, I am the first person from our room to come here. Maybe 2 years before. I was 15 years old then." Yoongi said.

"You are going to be 18 next year. That means you will get released from here?" Hoseok asked.

"Yeah, what do they say? Freedom?" Yoongi said.

"Wow, hyung my punishment will finish next year too. Hyung, even if I don't get to write the exam, I will be happy. At least you will be here too." Hoseok said.

"Shut up stupid! You are going to write the exam and you are going to get out of here, as soon as possible." Yoongi said

"Why are you always pushing me away? It is my decision to get into the exams. If I don't want then I won't. It all depends upon me." Hoseok said.

"Hoseok, understand me. You will work hard, got that? You will write the exams and get out of here, no matter what happens." Yoongi's voice a little louder.

"Hyung, I am working hard. It all depends upon warden's hand that who will he choose. There is huge chance of me not getting selected. Also, what is with you? I am also a criminal. I am here for my punishment. You don't decide if I stay or leave. Why do you even want me to leave? I don't want to leave anyone of you. It's been so long I actually have some friends." Hoseok to shouted, tears in his eyes, threatening to fall.

" Hoseok, Hoseok look .....look here.." Yoongi tried to calm Hoseok as he caught his hands. " I didn't mean to say that. You said you aren't guilty, right? Then why would you even stay here? Your home is not here, Hoseok. You should go back to your sister and mother. You....you don't belong here, Hoseok. You don't." 

 

 

Namjoon looked at Hoseok. Hoseok wasnot Hoseok today. He was different than other day. He was solving more problems, rather aggressively. The way he wrote, used calculator or turned pages, they didn't seem to be like everyday. All Namjoon remembers is an angry Hoseok suddenly coming inside the room, grabbing him from his wrist and right now they are in store room, on an old furniture, solving maths.

"Ok, what's wrong between you and Yoongi hyung?" Namjoon finally spoke, too tired of seeing Hoseok pouting and sometimes pulling his own hair when he doesn't gets the right answer.

"What's wrong between him and me?" Hoseok said without looking at Namjoon.

"Come on, now. I don't want to get involved in this mess." Namjoon said as he folded his arms.

"Is it that obvious?" Hoseok looked at Namjoon . Namjoon just nodded.

Hoseok sighed as he put down his pen. " Yah, I was trying too hard not to think about him. What does that old grumpy man thinks of himself? I mean yeah he is older than me but I also do have some choices. You know what he said? He wants me to attend the exams and get out of here as soon as possible. He is commanding me. He is ordering me around as if he doesn't want me here. As if...if.....uh..." 

"....a boyfriend?" Namjoon said.

"Does it look like that?" Hoseok asked.

"Ok, why don't you look from this perspective? Yoongi doesn't want you to stay here because from the day one you are into trouble. You know, Yoongi won't be around you always. Yoongi wants you to stay safe from all these warden and other stuff." Namjoon said.

"Well.....we can look from that perspective too but..... really ? Boyfriend?" Hoseok was unsure.

"From where all I can see is Yoongi is really protective when it comes to you." Namjoon said.

 

 

"No...."

"Please don't....." 

"Stop. Don't......"

"I will tell to mom. Please stop it." 

"Mom." 

"It hurts. Stop....."

Hoseok was talking in his sleep when Yoongi heard him. Yoongi looked at Hoseok only to find him turning left and right as he clutched his shirt.

"Hoseok." Yoongi lightly called.

"Please don't do this."

Yoongi walked to Hoseok and patted his cheeks which were covered with sweat and tears.

"Hoseok." 

"Mom." Hoseok cried again.

Hoseok was having that bad dreams again. Yoongi knew it. Before he could go back and pull his bed near to Hoseok's bed, Hoseok caught both of his hands. " Mom." 

Yoongi couldn't pull himself so he slowly got into Hoseok's bed. Laying comfortably beside Hoseok as he let Hoseok clutch his hand so dearly, as if his life depended upon that. Yoongi slowly pulled the sheet over them and he patted Hoseok's head slowly as he too slowly drifted into sleep.

"Don't worry, Hoseok. I am here. You are safe now. Don't worry."