Chapter 4

I give myself to you

"Hey, Hoseok wanna go out and play basketball with us?" Namjoon asked. Hoseok was cleaning his bed and Yoongi was nowhere to be seen.

"I would love to but don't know how to play. I at games." Hoseok said as he shrugged.

"Oh, you better not play then, Seokjin hyung starts to curse once you don't dunk the ball." Jimin said.

"Oh shut up. It's just you who cannot touch the ball since we all play above your head. Even Jungkook is taller than you." Seokjin replied.

"It's ok. Shall we go now?" Namjoon said as he looked at Jimin and Seokjin shaking his head.

"I will stay with Hoseok hyung, he will be lonely." Jungkook said as he ran up to Hoseok's side.

"No, you don't have to. Go play. I won't be lonely." Hoseok said as he pushed Jungkook a little.

"Of course he won't be lonely. Yoongi hyung is there for him. He companies Hoseok 24×7." Namjoon said causing laugh.

"Ok, what do you mean?" Hoseok asked.

"It's nothing, Hoseok. These guys are idiots. I am with you. We will be leaving now." Seokjin said as he pushed the group outside.

 

Yoongi entered the room. Hoseok who was reading a book silently, sitting on the bed, looked towards Yoongi. Yoongi looked around the room and finally his eyes met Hoseok's.

"They went to play basketball." Hoseok smiled.

Yoongi nodded as he came and sat on his bed. Opening his notebook once again, he started to write something. 

"Hoseok hyung, I think you......" Jungkook came running into the room. Hoseok looked at him slightly from his book.

"Oh, I am sorry. I...uh... nothing." Jungkook said awkwardly as he returned, running.

"What is wrong with him?" Hoseok didnot care as he looked back into his book again.

 

"Damn, I told you. Now, you will be doing the gardening for whole week." Namjoon smiled as he looked at Taehyung and Jimin, both shocked. They had bet with Namjoon that Hoseok would be alone at room because Yoongi isn't the type of person who would company someone. He has never done that with them, till now. Usually, Yoongi picks his notebook and leaves the room if there is only one of them in the room.

"How could you be sure about that?" Jimin asked, Taehyung nodding.

"Because it's Hoseok guys!! Haven't you all noticed Yoongi acts different with him?" Namjoon said.

"Also don't forget their midnight whispering." Seokjin added.

Jimin and Taehyung were shocked because generally Yoongi is cold towards them. When Taehyung and Jimin first came in juvenile home and were chatting till midnight it was Yoongi who stood up and turned the lights off with "shut the up." It was Yoongi who pulled Seokjin's bed out of the room because Seokjin forgot to turn off the lights. It was Yoongi who didn't allowed Namjoon to enter the room because he snored. It was Yoongi who woke up and broke the light bulb because others were playing cards and making noise. It was Yoongi who threw Jungkook's blanket in the corridor because Jungkook was saying that he loved the cold air of midnight. In conclusion Yoongi loves sleeping and hates talking in night.

"Also, when I entered the room. Yoongi hyung looked at me as if I was disturbing them. I could literally see the lightings and knives, his eyes were throwing towards me." Jungkook said.

 

 

"I.....I decided to continue my studies from here." Hoseok said as he made himself easier leaning on a pillow behind him. He was trying to make conversation as it was total silence. Their breaths, turning of page, Yoongi's scribble sounds and light sounds of noises could be heard.

Yoongi nodded. Hoseok could see from the corner of his eyes. " I found that some friends from here are still continuing their studies. The juvenile home allows the books from school. I can even attend the exams. All I need to do is write an application to the school and get warden's signature on it." 

"You think you can complete your studies from here? I mean by self study." Yoongi said without looking at Hoseok.

"I can try. Well I can easily understand other subjects but English, science and mathematics can be problem. Since, they are needed to be explained and practiced, I guess I can make some progress." Hoseok said.

"You can." Yoongi said. It was low yet Hoseok found it encouraging.

 

Hoseok gulped. He was standing in front of warden's office with an application on his hands. He had tried a lot of times to get inside but no, he was totally in fear. He couldn't return, because he has to continue the studies and he couldn't get inside because the memory of the warden's behavior towards him repeated in his mind. With a strong heart and encouraging cheer to himself Hoseok entered. It's just a signature after all.

"Why do you need this for?" The warden looked at Hoseok. Hoseok wants to get out from the room. It was filled with cigarette smoke. He could see white smoke everywhere.

"I want to continue my studies, sir." Hoseok said trying not cover his nose.

"What if I deny to sign?" The warden said.

Hoseok went cold. No, he cannot let that happen. 

"Some of the boys here are making there studies. You cannot do this only to me. Please sir." Hoseok said.

" I think you remember what I said when you first came here. " The warden smirked.

"If you are here then you should stay as I say. You should do whatever I say."

Hoseok nodded slowly. 

"Well, then think, are you doing whatever I say?" The warden stood up.

Hoseok froze. His head low. His body trembling and he thinks that he might end up fainting.

"No, isn't it." The warden said.

Just then Yoongi entered into the room opening the door loudly without even knocking.

"I need to make a call to home." Yoongi said as he stood beside Hoseok.

"Who would you even call?" The warden looked Yoongi boringly.

"I have my own relatives, you know." Yoongi was already pulling the telephone and dialing some numbers.

"What are you doing here?" Yoongi said as he looked at Hoseok.

"Me?....uh...that...uh...sign." Hoseok looked at Yoongi.

Yoongi stood there. Dialing numbers and waiting. He didn't made any conversations. Neither in telephone nor with Hoseok.

"Ok...here.Go now." The warden sighed as he signed the application and gave it to Hoseok.

"Thank you so much sir." Hoseok bowed as he hurriedly left the room.

"So, you are doing it?" Hoseok was so happy that he didn't know when Yoongi came and was walking with him.

"Yes. At least I don't have to visit clubs with friends and can give my whole time to study, here." Hoseok said.

"I see. I heard that Namjoon is good in those subjects. You can ask him for help." Yoongi said.

"He is? Really?" Hoseok said, surprised.

"Don't judge the book by it's cover, Hoseok."