Chapter 6

I give myself to you

Hoseok calculated with his fingers and wrote the numbers. Upon writing something, again he took the calculator and started punching the numbers. Upon writing and calculating for like 15 minutes he finally sighed with a smile and gave his notebook to Namjoon. 

"Here, I did it." 

Namjoon took the notebook and looked at the solution. Namjoon had given Hoseok some mathematical problem and Hoseok was trying to solve it. 

"It is correct."

"I am a genius, you know." Hoseok said proudly.

"Yeah, that takes 15 minutes to solve a problem."

"Hey, it is really difficult."

"Come on! You haven't seen a difficult question till now. It is a secondary level problem."

"I don't think I can give exams this year." Hoseok said as he kept his head on the table.

"You can do it. Ok now focus in the problem. Do this." Namjoon said as he pointed next problem in the book. 

Hoseok stretched his arms before starting to write again.

 

 

"What is wrong between you and Yoongi hyung?" Namjoon suddenly asked.

Hoseok who was deep into the problem stopped writing. " Why?" 

"No, it's just like Yoongi hyung used to be with you before but I rarely see him nowadays. Also you and Yoongi hyung don't seem to be together like before." Namjoon said.

"Huh! Is that so? I don't know. Maybe I became to much busy with studies." Hoseok started writing again. " Maybe we both are busy with our own."

"Maybe?"

"Yeah, maybe." 

Hoseok knows it. He had noticed it. Since after the fight between him and other guys, Yoongi isn't much talking with him. They have rarely exchanged 'hello'. When Hoseok wakes up Yoongi has already left the bed, during daytime Yoongi is nowhere to be seen and at night Yoongi goes to bed faster than others. The only time they meet is in dining room, where Yoongi chooses to eat the food silently and no one dares to speak when Yoongi is in the dining room.

 

 

"Yoongi hyung! Hey....." Hoseok lightly ran up to Yoongi as he saw Yoongi alone at the garden sitting under the shade of a tree.

Yoongi who was seemed to be reading some book looked at Hoseok with a questioning look.

"Um....uh.... nothing....I ....uh....hello. just wanted to say hello." Hoseok looked around to search some answer.

Yoongi nodded his head as he focused on the book again.

"You know........" Hoseok sat beside Yoongi as he saw older wasn't going to speak. " .....today I solved like 20 problems but all Namjoon said was ' they are nothing' ". 

Yoongi didn't reply nor he looked towards Hoseok.

"I think I was so busy these days, isn't it? I couldn't make time for anyone or anything but look at the bright side, I completed like 3 chapters of science." Hoseok smiled at Yoongi which Yoongi of course didn't reply.

Hoseok stayed there silently waiting for Yoongi to speak or just look at him once. But damn if Yoongi ever turned his head from the book.

"I am sorry, hyung." Hoseok whispered. Yoongi didn't respond.

"I am sorry I picked up the fight with others. I shouldn't have done that. I won't do that ever again." Hoseok knows it was not his mistake but if apologising makes Yoongi speak then he is doing it.

Yoongi finally turned his head to Hoseok. "What?" 

"I said I am sorry, hyung. I won't fight with anyone again. It will never happen again. I promise. I will....."

" But it was not your mistake, right? They picked up the fight first." 

"Exactly, hyung!!! You see, they told me that warden and I....... " Hoseok was speaking so happily. " ...... wait........how did you know it? You were not even there."

"It's been a week and it is still a hot news everywhere I go." Yoongi turned back to the book again.

"I am sorry hyung. I have been problematic since I came. But I am thankful hyung, I got you." Hoseok said.

"Me?" Yoongi asked with a poker face.

"Yeah, you are always there. Like a magic or like a fairy godmother. Always saving me from the problems." Hoseok said.

"Magic sounds cool but not a fairy godmother."

"Then.... uh....like..uh...what about a knight in shining armour?" 

Yoongi chuckled. " Knight in shining armour?" 

"Oh come on!!! I squeezed all my brain juices thinking that now don't say that was not cool." 

"You better not get into more trouble, kid. I will not be always there." 

"But you are here."

"Just because I am here does it mean that you will always get yourself into a problem?" Yoongi's voice a little louder. " I have got my own stuffs to do. I cannot always walk beside you and get you out of your problems. Grow up. You are in a juvenile home. This is probably a only home full of bad people. Full of criminals. Who knows what will happen? Who knows what they have in their mind?"

"Hyung....."

"Go....go back to room and study. You need to pass the exams.You should....... you need to get out of here. You don't belong here." Yoongi said as he stood.

"This place is not full of bad people, hyung." Hoseok said.

Yoongi stopped on his steps.

"It has you." 

"Don't judge the book by it's cover, kid."