Getting Close,

Please Look at me

Joshua looked around the hallway, mindful of the other students and how they gave him a wide berth. But he was looking for one face. He almost sighed in relief when he didn’t see it. Joshua didn’t need a repeat of yesterday for the whole student body to see.

While he may not know what Jeonghan even wanted all he knew was that he didn’t want it to happen again. Even if his traitorous heart skipped a beat at the thought of Jeonghan being up close and personal with him. Joshua hated that he developed some sort of crush on the jock. Someone like Jeonghan normally wasn’t his type: sociable, athletic, talkative, loud. But somehow Joshua’s eyes were drawn in and he couldn’t look away.

Well he made sure he looked like he was staring at the wall or at someone else, but the corner of Joshua’s eyes would stray and look at Jeonghan from time to time. No one had to know. Except his friends who took great pleasure in teasing him when they saw that Joshua was staring. Apparently, the fact that someone caught Ice Prince Joshua’s attention was something interesting.

Ignoring everyone else who looked at him in either awe, jealousy, or disdain he opened his locker and took what he needed, closing it shut instead of slamming it like he wanted to, to get their damn eyes off him. He walked to class.


Joshua went through his classes being polite as normal. But it didn’t matter. His classmates all thought he was icy. It was a bit sad at first but then he got used to it, then he met Soonyoung, Minghao, Jun and Jihoon. And of course, Vernon. He met friends who looked past his so called iciness and he could show his dorky self with them.

He felt a body run into his. Turning his head, he smiled at Soonyoung. “Hey, how was class?”

Soonyoung latched onto him, joining Joshua as they walked to the cafeteria to meet up with the others. The student council president smiled, “Same as always. Boring filled with some gossip.” He shrugged, “You know teenagers.”

Joshua snorted. “We are teenagers Kwon Soonyoung.”

“Not you~” he teased, “you’re like half an old man and half a child. It’s fun.”

Saying nothing Joshua just pulled him along to their normal table. He plopped down and started to unwrap his lunch. The cook today did a rather massive box. Must’ve thought Joshua was too skinny again. More to share with his friends he guessed.

He took out his chopsticks and took a dumpling to feed Minghao but as he turned a body wedged it’s way in between Joshua’s and Soonyoung’s and took the dumpling in his mouth.

Surprised Joshua turned to yell at the intruder but the words caught in his throat. It was Jeonghan. Somehow, he got Soonyoung to move down for him and there he sat. Right next to Joshua, chewing on a dumpling.

Joshua could hear snickers from his friends, the little brats. He opened his mouth to say something cutting to Jeonghan but he stopped as he stared. Jeonghan looked like he came from PE. He was a bit sweaty and he didn’t button up his shirt up all the way. He even had the sleeves pushed up. And he was entirely too close to Joshua because he could smell the hint of sweat coming off him.

Shying away Joshua tried to move closer to Minghao as Jeonghan was way too damn close and it was making his heart pound like crazy but Minghao the savage little beast pushed Joshua forward, making him bump into Jeonghan, his shoulders hitting Jeonghan’s shoulders.

Jun let out a little laugh and mumbled, “Look at Joshua now.”

Jihoon snorted and shoved Jun a bit, making him nearly take a tumble into the table, which made Soonyoung laugh.

But Joshua ignored all of this as he immediately moved away from Jeonghan, as far as he could without Minghao trying to shove him towards the other boy again. “What are you doing here?” Joshua asked coolly. Better to act cold than to show Jeonghan how he wanted to die and blush like crazy.

He went back to his lunch, ignoring the other’s laughter and Jeonghan’s eating grin.

“I’m here to have lunch with you,” Jeonghan replied. “Lunch tastes better when you feed me.”

Soonyoung gagged while Jihoon mimed throwing up his lunch. Minghao’s face turned sour like he ate a lemon.

“I never agreed to have lunch with you, let alone feed you” Joshua said, his voice ice cold.

Jeonghan just looked at him with heart eyes, which was supremely weird for Joshua. He didn’t ever remember talking to Jeonghan at all so why was he like this. Was it some sort of bet? A way to get under Joshua’s skin and then make fun of him?

“I know. But I thought I’d invite myself over. Since I don’t think you would ever.” He smiled at Joshua, sweetly.

But Joshua didn’t trust him. Not one bit. Even if he really wanted too. “You’re not welcome here. Leave.”

“Aww, don’t be like that I just want to hang out with you more. You’d never approach me so I decided to approach you. Don’t throw me away already.”

Soonyoung snickered. He knew full well that Joshua was not having an easy time right now being in close proximity to Jeonghan. All of them did.

Joshua thought Soonyoung would help him out but he didn’t.

“Let him stay Shua. He just wants to be friends. It won’t hurt,” Soonyoung said, his eyes dancing.

Jun jumped in, “Yea. Let him stay hyung. He probably just wants to get to know you better.”

Jeonghan nodded at that. Enthusiastically, gracing Joshua with sad eyes.

Eyeing them with betrayal in his eyes, Joshua sighed and said, “Ok.”

Jeonghan did a small shout, “Yes!”

“But I’m not feeding you,” Joshua added. “Go get your own lunch.”

Jeonghan gave him a sad face but he nodded. “I’ll be back,” he said with a wink aimed at Joshua.

Joshua ignored it. Well he tried too but he saw it nonetheless and his heart skipped several beats. Stupid attractive bastard.

Soonyoung wiggled his eyebrows as Minghao nudged him. “You totally liked that, didn’t you?” Soonyoung asked.

“Jeonghan hyung was so close right hyung?” Minghao slyly added.

Snorting Jihoon said, “More like you pushed him. But we all could tell that Joshua was into it.”

Joshua said nothing, keeping his lips sealed while they . Lunch was going to be so long today. His heart couldn’t take all of this closeness.


Jeonghan waved goodbye to Joshua and his friends, smiling brightly. Joshua’s friends waved back, except for Jihoon. Joshua just turned his head away. But Jeonghan could tell that his ears were red. He laughed a bit. Joshua was so cute. Acting all cold but being a giant marshmallow on the inside. Well, not entirely but he was a lot softer than his persona showed.

Walking to his class, Jeonghan got way laid by his own friends.

“Struck out with the Ice princess?” Seungcheol asked.

“More like missed the hoop several times hyung. We’re basketball players,” Mingyu said.

“I didn’t strike out,” Jeonghan retorted. “He gave me some of his lunch. Just didn’t feed me like he did his friends.”

Snickering Seokmin said, “It looked more like he was ignoring you though.”

“That’s his thing. Joshua is more than just his ice prince act.”

“Ice princess,” Seungcheol said with a snort. “He’s rather huffy sometimes. Really cold.”

Jeonghan shook his head. “He’s more than that. I saw his warm sides.”

“If you say so. You’ll need all the luck you can get it you want him to date you,” he said.

“I got a fool proof plan. Worry about your own and how Jihoon ignores your existence,” Jeonghan snapped.

Mingyu and Seokmin snickered at Seungcheol’s fallen expression. He looked like a kicked puppy.

Ignoring the coming whines Jeonghan got to class first, keeping mum about his plans. He was going to be in so much trouble but if all went well it’d be worth it and then some.


Jeonghan waited by the gates. Today wasn’t a day that the student council met, meaning Joshua would be free for a little not date. Not a date because Jeonghan wouldn’t say it was. Even if it really was a date.

As Joshua came into view he jogged over to him, wrapping his arm around Joshua’s shoulder. “Let’s go somewhere.”

Joshua gave him a quelling look, as if telling him to take off his arm if he wanted to live. But Jeonghan ignored it. Even if it was really good glare.

“Don’t you have basketball practice?” Joshua asked trying to shrug him off.

Jeonghan could tell Joshua was strong but definitely not as strong as he was. Thanks to all that weightlifting and training Coach drilled them through. “Nope,” Jeonghan lied. “Come on,” he wheedled. “It’ll be fun.”

Stopping Joshua gave him a look. “If I hang out with you today you’ll leave me alone?”

Jeonghan nodded. He was totally lying but what Joshua didn’t know wouldn’t hurt him. There was no way Jeonghan would leave Joshua alone.

“Fine,” Joshua said, sighing in a resigned way. “Lead the way.”

“All right,” Jeonghan said, excitement clear in his voice. Joshua would love it. He was sure of it. Taking Joshua’s hand, he grabbed it and led the way.


not finished. tomorrow it will be. a much longer chapter tomorrow most lilkely to finish this out 3-4k.