until our hands meet

Please Look at me

A/N: Yay!!! Done!! and if you didn't notice but i did something with the chapter titles XD. from chapter 2-4 it reads Getting close, and closer, until our hands meet. hehehehe


“I’m sorry? Did I hear that right? You did what?” Soonyoung made a show cleaning out his ears.

“He kissed him,” Minghao said, being nice enough to repeat Joshua’s muffled words.

Said boy had his face in his hands, ears burning up a fire. Jun pet his hair, whispering that he did a good job and that he could totally do it again. Joshua shook his head. He didn’t want to do it again. Well that was a lie. He did want to kiss Jeonghan again but he at the same time didn’t want to feel the aftermath of the embarrassment and the upcoming one since he still went to school with the guy.

The kiss put a smile on his face but when he got home he started rolling around in his bed like a teenage girl with a serious crush. Problem was that he was a teenaged boy with a serious crush, on another boy whose real intentions he knew nothing about. That had splashed a huge bucket of ice water on his little blushing parade. It sobered him up fast. But right now they were asking for details and Joshua was bound to get lost in his little fantasy that maybe Jeonghan liked him in return.

“What did he say?” Jihoon asked.

Muffling his words again, Joshua groaned.

“Minghao?”

Minghao shook his head. “He’s starting to talk in English. I can’t understand.”

Vernon moved closer, putting his ear near Joshua’s face, only to get pushed away with Joshua’s palm on his cheek, toppling onto Minghao who was close to him.

“Awww, come on Shua,” Soonyoung whined, “tell us. We can’t help you if you don’t tell us.”

Jihoon snickered. “I don’t think he needs our help. He kissed Jeonghan on his own after all.”

After getting up off of Minghao, Vernon said. “We can totally help. Boo told me that the team is having a practice match after school. After a bit of regular practice, I think. We can go watch. Joshua can see lover boy at the same time.”

“He’s not lover boy,” Joshua protested, finally moving his hands away from his face. He wasn’t. He wasn’t anything but a dude who Joshua sort of kissed and sort of had a crush on.

Minghao laughed. “Keep telling yourself that hyung.”

“Let’s go to the practice game. It’ll be fun,” Jun said.

“We have student council work,” Joshua retorted.

“It’s ok,” Soonyoung said, pausing to place his hand on his heart, “I, as student council president say we cut the work short today and go see Joshua’s lover boy.”

“He’s not my lover boy!” Joshua shouted.

The others scrammed, laughing their annoying little heads off, going off to the safety of their class, escaping the student council room.

“We’ll make sure to drag you to the practice match!” Jun shouted back.

Vernon winked at him before running as Joshua hefted up a book to throw.

Groaning Joshua said, “I hate you guys so much.”

All he heard was a mild cackle from Jihoon.


“Jeonghan! Another set of 30 suicides!” Their coach was red in the face. He was ing pissed that Jeonghan skipped practice yesterday after school. Especially with the practice match that was going to happen at the end of the school day.

Jeonghan groaned a bit before hitting the court floor once again, his feet making noises. He ignored the looks of sympathy and the snickering from his friends. They texted him all night yesterday and he ignored them. No doubt they’d corner him after all the torture and demand what made him play hooky. Once he told them it was for Joshua, well he could ing hear the talking.

But them. Joshua was a damn catch and he was sort of in love. That kiss made everything better. If only he had one now. He kept running. If he stopped now Coach would add more sets and he’d die. . He kept running.


“Hey,” Seungcheol said, he had a towel in his hand a bottle of Gatorade in the other, “you ok?”

“What do you think,” Jeonghan rasped, coughing a bit more. “. I hate puking.”

“Well if you didn’t skip practice Coach wouldn’t have made you run until you puked,” Seungcheol said like he was being helpful. Instead he came off as an . The er.

“No , Sherlock,” Jeonghan retorted grabbing the bottle of Gatorade. He swirled a bit in his mouth once and spit it out. Taking a huge mouthful, he swallowed saying, “Stop stating the obvious Cheol. Maybe that’s why Jihoon won’t give you the time of day. Since you’re a bit slow and all.”

Mingyu who had just come through the door to check on Jeonghan snickered. “Wow. Guess you’re all ok. Vicious as ever.”

“Whatever made you skip I hope it was worth it,” Seungcheol snapped back.

“Obviously,” Jeonghan drawled. He took the towel in Seungcheol’s limp hand. “If it goes well I might be able to help you win Jihoon’s elusive heart.” He wrapped an arm around his shoulder. “Just make sure I play in the practice match later today.”

Eyeing Jeonghan something fierce, Seungcheol had his suspicions. “I’ll see what I can do. You sure he’s even going to come watch?”

“Yea,” Jeonghan said, remembering that text from Seungkwan, “he’ll be there.”


“I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you,” Joshua kept repeating as he was strong armed into the gym. “I hate you. I hate you. I hat—“ He stopped his tirade as he saw Jeonghan in his basketball uniform.

“Don’t hate us now, do you?” Soonyoung whispered with glee.

Joshua blushed and looked away from Jeonghan who was currently stretching.

“Oh look. Lover boy noticed you’re here,” Minghao said.

When did his precious Hao Hao get so damn vicious with him, Joshua wondered. But he was right. Jeonghan got up from stretching his legs and looked at Joshua, sending him a smirk. It was parts infuriating and parts hot. Stupid bastard. Joshua looked away and nearly stomped up the small amount of bleachers they set out for spectators.

He sat down, making sure to school his face. If he let it fall here he’d remember the abrupt kiss from yesterday and he’d be a huge blushing mess. Joshua watched as Vernon was hailed by a fellow first year with a sunny smile on his face, who if Joshua wasn’t mistaken was friends with Jeonghan.

Turning to Vernon he asked, “You betrayed me? For some boy? How could you?” He batted his lashes at Vernon, making sure to turn on the watery cat eyes that they accused of him using against them from time to time.

Vernon tried to hold his stare. “I didn’t betray you. It was more like to help you I swear.”

But Joshua kept batting them until Vernon broke. “I thought it was bros before girls Vernon.”

“More like bros before boys,” he mumbled back. “Sorry.”

“Too late,” Soonyoung singsonged, “we’re here and they’re starting. Now stare at Jeonghan to your heart’s content.”

Joshua jabbed him, before slowly turning to the court. Watching Jeonghan in action would be bad. They didn’t share the same PE time period so he never saw him do anything athletic before. The school festival wasn’t going to happen for another few months too. Oh gosh.


Jeonghan grunted as one of the opposing players elbowed him. Piece of , Jeonghan turned and moved. Arms stretched he threw the ball, knowing it would go in. He watched as it fell in. moving he started down the opposite side of the court, getting ready to defend.

Eyeing the bleachers for a second he saw Joshua’s friends cheer for his basket and even Joshua did some clapping for him. And if his eyes didn’t deceive him, Joshua’s eyes were sparkling with excitement.

He blocked the player from trying to get the ball from his teammate, making sure to play aggressive defense like the Coach always drilled into their heads. Problem was that it looks like this person was playing aggressive too. Jeonghan felt himself fall. The stain pushed him. As he hit the gym floor the whistle went off.

“Foul!” The referee yelled. “Free throw for the player number three.”

Pushing himself up, he waved Mingyu off, and gave a reassuring glance to Seungcheol. As long as he wasn’t feeling any broken bones he’d still play. The players moved, giving him the space he needed for his free throw. Moving towards that free throw line, Jeonghan made sure to growl at the jackass who pushed him.

He took the ball from the referee and gave a glance towards the bleachers, winking at Joshua’s pale face. Sue him but he felt a bit of pleasure knowing that Joshua was worried about him. Bouncing the ball, he readied himself and threw the ball. He heard that swish and a loud cheer and the team made its way down the other side of the court. He’d win. They’d win. He had someone watching over him after all.


The buzzer went off and their team won. Joshua’s friends cheered as did the other spectators from their school. As they were going down the stairs Seungkwan came to way lay them.

“Don’t go anywhere,” he said, pointing to Joshua.

“Why not?” He asked.

“Jeonghan hyung wants to talk to you. Said it was urgent and I was to make sure you stayed.”

Joshua raised a brow. “You think you can keep me here?”

Even if Boo Seungkwan was a sassy little thing, Joshua was still known as the Ice Prince. He had taken down people simply with his stare.

Seungkwan opened his mouth ready to protest but Vernon put a palm over his mouth. “Don’t argue with him. It’s like talking to a wall sometimes I swear. Jeonghan better hurry up otherwise Joshua might leave.”

His friends moved waving good bye to him, sending him winks and smug looking smirks.

Joshua sat down for about five minutes on the last bleacher before he was tired of waiting. Getting up he moved out the doors and past the fountains. He wasn’t going to sit there and be made a fool of.

Walking Joshua fumed a bit. He thought Jeonghan liked him. Or was he playing him? If he was, Jeonghan had a thing or several coming his way.

Joshua felt a hand pull at him. “Hey,” Jeonghan said, grabbing his hand and pulling him back.

Joshua yanked his hand back but Jeonghan kept a tight hold.

“Don’t make me run so much. I almost died this morning,” Jeonghan whined. “I told you to wait for me.”

“You didn’t even tell me why,” Joshua snapped back. “What do you mean you almost died this morning?”

Jeonghan stuck a bit of his tongue out. “Coach made me run until I puked as punishment for skipping yesterday’s practice.”

Joshua stared at him. “Why would you even…”

Jeonghan laced his fingers with Joshua’s. “Because I wanted to hang out with you.”

Joshua snapped. He had enough of this. “Are you trying to play me? Is this a game? Some sort of bet?” He yanked his hand away. It was only a crush. It was fine if he hurt himself now rather than later if this turned out to be some sort of elaborate plan to humiliate him. “Why would you even want to hang out with me?! You don’t even know me!”

Jeonghan said nothing, staring at him in surprise.

Shaking his head Joshua walked away. He’d take none of this .

He got as far as the trees that lined the walkway towards the gym before he was once again yanked back, but this time his whole body was yanked. He let out an oof as he hit a solid, sweaty body.

Jeonghan growled. “I’m not playing you. This isn’t a game or a bet. I’m doing this because I like you.” He grabbed Joshua’s face in his hands and kissed him.

Instead of a light smashing of lips like Joshua’s had been this one was aggressive. Joshua could feel the aggressive push of lips and how Jeonghan seemed to want to make sure Joshua felt all of his emotions. Joshua tried protesting but Jeonghan pushed his lips against Joshua’s and slipped his tongue in when Joshua opened his mouth a bit.

Joshua let out a moan as Jeonghan moved his tongue against his. The sensation of a warm, wet thing was weird but sort of arousing. And the smell and feel of Jeonghan’s body against his certainly didn’t help the heat he felt inside.

Pulling away, Jeonghan said once more, “I really like you. I’m practically half in love with you. Ever since I saw you take care of those stray kittens and the way you pouted when you said when you couldn’t take them home with you. I like the way you act like a princess but act like an adorable dork with your friends. I like the way you make sassy remarks when you think no one is hearing. Or the way you wrinkle your brows when you hear or see something you don’t like. I like them all. I see you. I see you,” he said breathing out slowly.

“Oh,” Joshua replied back quietly. No one besides his friends and his mom ever really looked past his façade.

“Now will you let me take you out on a real date? I’m hungry and I want to actually talk to you. Not talk at you.” Jeonghan pleaded, sending Joshua a pitiful look.

Deflating Joshua looked back at Jeonghan for a good several minutes. “Ok.” He nodded. “Ok.” Because Joshua saw himself reflected in Jeonghan’s eyes. Not the put together ice prince, but just Joshua in his mussed up, teenaged boy glory. “Let’s go,” he said quietly. He leaned down and pressed a soft kiss against Jeonghan’s lips. “Don’t disappoint me now.”

Jeonghan kissed back. “I won’t.”