and closer,

Please Look at me

 A/N: I lied. I need sleep and this is a good place to end this chapter actually. So one more after this. I swear  XD.


He took Joshua’s hand and walked them to the park. Jeonghan was surprised that Joshua even let him hold his hand this long. Maybe he had broken the wall of ice sooner than expected. Sneaking a glance back, Jeonghan saw a small hint of pink on Joshua’s cheeks. Even if Joshua stared back at him like he sort of wanted to kill him, Jeonghan saw that pink. His plan was working. yes!

“We’re almost there,” Jeonghan said with a grin on his face.

Joshua stared at him, huffed, and looked away.

Well Jeonghan wasn’t super successful but it was working. And Joshua trying to be all cold when Jeonghan could see parts of his true feelings was damn cute. Then again Joshua being an ice prince was cute in his eyes too. Everything was cute at this point because of all those times Jeonghan saw Joshua. The real Joshua.


 He walked home from practice one day after stopping by the convenience store. his ice cream bar, Jeonghan wiped a bit of sweat off his brow. He was about to turn to go home but of all people, he spied Hong Joshua walking by with a bag in his hand.

Jeonghan was a curious person. He didn’t mean to be. But when you saw Hong Joshua go down an alley way something was up. Jeonghan followed him from a distance. What could the resident Ice Prince be doing near an alley way? Something shady? Drugs?

But to Jeonghan’s surprise as he plastered himself against the wall so he wouldn’t get caught; Joshua crouched down and opened some bags of cat food. Ice Prince Joshua was feeding kittens who needed homes. Oh my god.

“Now, now,” he said quietly, “don’t fight. There’s plenty of food for all of you.”

Jeonghan sneaked a peek. Joshua had his hand out, letting the kittens bump their tiny heads against his palm. “Someone took one. That’s good,” he hummed. Joshua sighed as some of them went back to eating as he pet a white one gently. “If only I could take you home with me. But Dad is allergic to cats.” He pouted.

Jeonghan’s heart dropped. It was…cute. Ice prince Joshua pouting was cute.

“And who knows what Ichigo would do to all of you if I brought you home with me. It’d be pandemonium.” He stood up as he watched them finish eating the food he brought. A few of them tried to follow him. His face fell. “Don’t. I can’t take you home.” Joshua sounded a bit like he wanted to cry at that fact. “Stay there. I’ll be back tomorrow and hopefully some of you will have a good home.”

He walked away from them. Jeonghan had to scramble and go in the opposite direction. Waiting until Joshua left he went to the kittens and sighed as he saw them. Three of them. Not too many. Snapping his fingers, he started texting someone. He knew a few people who could take them.


In another incident Jeonghan happened to come across Joshua again. Except this time, he was helping an old grandma with her groceries. She was chatting him up and Joshua nodded and responded gently. Jeonghan watched as Joshua held her hand and made sure she crossed the street safely. He would’ve kept following but that was creepy. Even for him.

But this Jeonghan could tell. Joshua took her way past his normal route, meaning that Joshua walked her all the way home. He guessed the Ice Prince wasn’t so icy after all.


Jeonghan finally stopped. Letting go of Joshua’s hand he said, “Ta dah!”

Joshua raised a brow. “It’s a park,” he deadpanned.

“I know,” Jeonghan said. “Lots of fun to be had here.” Tilting his head to the slides he asked, “Want to go on with me?”

“Are you five?” Joshua asked.

“If I say yes will you go with me?” Jeonghan answered his question with another one. He wanted to know.

“No,” Joshua huffed, walking away from him and heading towards the swings.

Jeonghan smiled at the slight red of his ears. God he was cute. Best to leave him alone for a bit before Jeonghan continued his assault on Joshua’s walls. He ran to the slides leaving his bag on a bench. Time to have some fun with the kids.


When Jeonghan left the kids he was chasing to their own devices, he was mildly sweating and laughing. He ran over to Joshua who had a small smile on his face as he swung gently. “Hey,” he said, startling Joshua a bit.

His smile dropped as he turned to eye Jeonghan in all of his sweaty glory. Well not super sweaty but he definitely had some BO (body odor).

“Hey,” Joshua said cautiously.

“Want to have a competition?” Jeonghan’s eyes were bright no doubt, and he sported that grin his mom always said made him look like a schoolboy.

“At a park?” Joshua asked.

Jeonghan nodded. “A swinging one. To see who can jump from the swings and get the furthest.”

“Are we kids?” Joshua asked, the disdain clear in his voice.

“No,” Jeonghan said with a mild pout, “but it’d be fun and we can throw in a prize for fun.”

Joshua looked intrigued. “What sort of prize?”

“Anything the winner wants?”

The sparkle in Joshua’s eyes died. “No.”

Jeonghan had to save this situation. “No, no. Within reason of course. Like a meal or something. Nothing outrageous, I promise.”

Joshua turned to stare him in the eyes. He stared for a good three minutes before nodding. “Ok. Within reason.” He looked around. “We need some referees.” Getting up he went to talk to some of the kids Jeonghan had played with earlier. They followed him keeping a safe distance from the swings but close enough to look. “You understand?”

The boys nodded. Joshua smiled, gently at them. “Good,” he said ruffling their hair. “Stay there and check for us.”

Getting back on the swing, Joshua looked Jeonghan in the eyes and said, “You’re going down.”

“Bring it,” Jeonghan said back.


Jeonghan crowed in delight as the kids pointed out that Jeonghan managed to jump just a bit further Joshua.

The look of utter disgust and annoyance on Joshua’s face was great. Cute in a way. But mostly great. He beat him. Now he had a promise that Joshua had to fulfill eventually.

Scoffing Joshua sat back down on the swing and started to swing slowly, ignoring Jeonghan.

Ahh. He was sulking. Joshua really was princely. Spoiled a bit. But it was just so damn cute. Why was everything he did cute to Jeonghan? Maybe it was because he was in love.

“Hey now,” Jeonghan said coming from behind Joshua and grabbing the chain, “don’t sulk just because I won.”

“Who says I’m sulking,” Joshua retorted, trying to yank the chain out of Jeonghan’s hands.

Jeonghan laughed. “Your pretty face. But all right you’re not sulking. Let me push you.”

Joshua sighed, clearly resigned to just give into Jeonghan’s whims today. “Fine. If you push me out of the swing though I’ll punch you.”

“Aye aye captain,” Jeonghan said, saluting him smartly.

A good twenty minutes later, Jeonghan watched as Joshua soared in the air and smiled in the sunlight. He even let out a delighted little smile. He was having fun. Thank god. Placing his hands on Joshua’s back again, Jeonghan pushed forward, making sure to add a bit of strength in to give Joshua that height.

The ensuing laughter was music to his ears. Much like the sound of Joshua’s whoops from their earlier game had been. It all meant that Joshua was enjoying himself with Jeonghan. As Joshua came back down, Jeonghan grabbed the chain once more, slowing Joshua to a halt.

Turning his head, Joshua , “What? Getting tired of pushing me? I thought you were a jock.”

Ah. That teasing grin was a different expression Jeonghan had never seen thrown his way. Another one to add onto his wish list of faces to see Joshua show him.

“I’m not. Just thought we could take a bit of break.” He smiled down at Joshua. “Having fun?”

Joshua ducked his head. “Surprisingly yes. It’s fun.”

Jeonghan lifted his other hand and brushed the back of Joshua’s head in a bid of bravery. He was rewarded as Joshua did nothing in retaliation and let him. “That’s good. I’m glad.” He was smiling so hard the muscles in his face were in pain, but damn was it worth it.

Turning his head abruptly up, Jeonghan’s hand fell off of his head. Joshua stared up at him. He was fighting with himself about something.

Jeonghan did nothing but blink back down at him. Seeing Joshua’s pretty face this close was making his heart race. It was sight to see.

The next few minutes were a blur and a huge surprise. Jeonghan’s vision changed to black hair and he felt the press of lips against his and then a body moving away.

He stood there as he dazedly watched Joshua run away from him. Holding onto the chain he replayed the last few minutes in his head. Joshua turned up to look at him. And then Joshua kissed him. Wait. Joshua kissed him. Joshua ing kissed him! Jeonghan let out a large shout of joy. “Yes!”

It scared the kids around him. “That hyung is crazy,” one of them said. “Let’s go play over there.” There was a scampering of feet. But Jeonghan didn’t care. He was kissed. Well ok. It was more of a smashing of lips against lips but it was a damn kiss. He was kissed! Ice Price Joshua kissed him! He had reason to celebrate.

His phone took the opportunity to go off at that moment, knocking him out of his trance. . He knew who it was. He was going to be in so much trouble tomorrow. But he got a kiss. He jumped in the air shouting out for joy, purposely ignoring that ominous ring tone.


Joshua ran away as fast as he could, putting as much distance between Jeonghan and him. He couldn’t believe he had just done that. He freaking kissed Yoon Jeonghan on the lips.

He felt the blood rush to his face and huge blush appear. Oh gosh. He kissed him. In his haze of laughter and contentment Joshua kissed him. He stopped in the middle of the sidewalk, crouching down. He freaking kissed him. Elbow digging into his thigh, Joshua smiled softly. He was having so much fun and he wanted to thank Jeonghan. And he kissed him. He giggled, half hysterical and half a bit in love.

Joshua just kissed the guy he had a crush on.