Ice Prince

Please Look at me

Joshua silently opened his locker, head in the clouds and too deep into his music to care about his surroundings. School was over and there was hardly anyone left on the grounds. Besides the few teams that practiced this late into the early evening hours and student council people like Joshua. Why he ever agreed to join he couldn’t remember? But it could’ve had something to do with the fact that the first person to come up to him and try to become his friend, instead of ignoring his existence and gossiping about the rumors of his wealthy family, when he transferred in near the beginning of the year begged him to. Damn Kwon Soonyoung. Why he didn’t just flat out refuse like Jihoon he didn’t know?

Sighing he put his books in and grabbed his PE clothes. They stunk and needed a washing. A lightbulb in his head went off, reminding him to grab his Korean History book for studying. They had a quiz coming up. Joshua bent down, arm taking it. As he slowly rose, he felt eyes and a weird prickling feeling crawl up his neck like he was being watched.

He took off one earphone and turned around. Leaning against the row of lockers opposite of his was Yoon Jeonghan. Basketball team vice captain, decent grades, charming teenager, and one of the more handsome dudes around the school. And someone Joshua currently had the hots for.

Jeonghan had his duffle bag slung over one shoulder, his recently cut hair still a bit sweaty as Joshua saw small beads of sweat on the side of his shorn hair. He wore a black t-shirt, no doubt just finishing up with basketball practice as he also wore shorts and basketball shoes indoors. He looked hot. Something that Joshua hated him for. He didn’t want to be attracted to him but Joshua was.

He eyed Joshua. It was a bit off putting. Pushing away from the lockers Jeonghan walked over to him, leaning in close so the only thing in between them was Joshua’s open locker door. Jeonghan said nothing though, just seemingly content on staring at Joshua’s face, and from his eyes earlier, probably Joshua’s too.

Collecting himself Joshua, stood straight, turning on his, as Soonyoung said, “Rich , ice prince persona hyung.”

Joshua lifted an eyebrow, “Did you need something?”

Jeonghan smirked. “Yea, I did. You.”

Joshua’s heart skipped a beat but he kept his face straight and in that cold look that gave him the nickname Ice Prince. “Excuse you?” Joshua almost turned his nose up. “I never agreed to anything with you.”

Continuing Jeonghan said, “We didn’t agree on anything but if I don’t get my daily dose of you,” he shrugged, “I might die, you see.”

Internally Joshua’s heart melted a bit. Cheesy as Jeonghan was it was sort of flattering, and the fact that Jeonghan’s eyes were so focused on him made his heart flutter. But he didn’t show it. No way. “I think you’re out of your mind,” Joshua retorted, slamming his locker closed. He walked away from Jeonghan, making sure not to make his steps hurried. He needed to show Jeonghan that his presence and his words didn’t faze him one bit.


Jeonghan chuckled under his breath as he watched Joshua walk, no flounce away from him. God, he was cute.

Jeonghan was lucky that he managed to catch Joshua at his locker instead of missing him like he normally did. And the fact that Joshua bent down, in the air to grab one of his books was icing on the damn cake. It was such a good view. And the look of recognition that Joshua flashed him before shuttering behind his Ice Price façade.

Letting out a sigh of happiness Jeonghan walked in the other direction, leaving for home. He couldn’t wait until tomorrow. His plan of attack was merciless but guaranteed to snag him the hand, and heart, of the school’s resident Ice Prince. Hong Joshua was his. He hoped.