The Past Should Remain In The Past, Right?

Rain Shower (Calm Storm; Sequel)

 

“What is your problem!?” Seungcheol yelled at me as I was cleaning up tables. The shop is already closed and it was up to Jihoon, Seungkwan, and me to stay and clean up before going home.

I don’t know how this argument started but as I recall it was after he send off Nayoung. Yes, I was jealous but I tried my best not to let their sweet goodbyes, ending their chit chat with a hug get to me.

But sometimes certain events make your blood boil, like how after she left he received a message from her saying that she’ll come by tomorrow, I was holding his phone. "I'm betting my whole salary that you will flip out in about 20 seconds" Seungkwan said while looking at his watch and let's just say I have to budget my money for a whole month.

I wasn’t too affected but it did tick me off when Seungcheol said I shouldn’t read others’ messages then quickly said he was just joking. All was well until he had to go outside because Nayoungie was calling, for the love of all coffee shops! Wasn’t talking for a few hours enough for them to rekindle their past friendship!? So, it all leads to this, me ignoring him and him yelling at me because he doesn’t know what my problem is.

The problem is you, Choi Seungcheol, and your little insensitivity towards your so called boyfriend. “I have no problem Cheolie~” I made sure that I said his nickname as sweetly as possible. I knew that I was also insensitive to him back then and I have regretted everything, not like he didn’t do anything wrong back then but I don’t want us to go through that again. I want to trust him with all my heart but with what is happening with Nayoung coming to the picture, he is making me feel insecure about our relationship.

“It doesn’t seem like you have no problem! Is it because of Nayoung?” he was frustrated but I didn’t answer, I just sighed and went to the next table. I knew he wouldn’t push it and I was right, he grunt and went his way out of the coffee shop. I looked at the door and back at the table and whispered “These are all coming too fast for me, Cheol. I’m sorry” I guess I won’t be able to go home. I looked around and saw Jihoon, he smiled and slightly nod, I smiled back knowing that I can stay in my old room back at the apartment.

We turned off everything and went our way back to the apartment. Joshua and Wonwoo were happy to hear that I was staying but was sadden by the news of our argument. It will be a long night of explaining, I guess.

 

After a few minutes of walking we reached the apartment and I went straight in my old room, nothing has changed. They all kept everything as it is, like hoping for me to come back. It got me wondering if that was the best thing to do but quickly erased the thought when I remembered Seungcheol and our apartment. How it was full of memories of the months we spent there. How it was big and lonely when Seungcheol was out for business. But most especially at how it was peaceful every time we cuddle in our couch, like we have no problems at all. If I went home and cuddled with him right now, will it all be okay and will we forget our problems? Will he even let me in?

“Hyung…” I heard Wonwoo call me and I quickly got up and went out to where they were. They were all sitting in the living room, blankets and all, like old times. It seemed like the coziest place ever, and it was waiting for me, they were waiting for me to start telling them what has been bothering me.

I sat down and sighed and I admitted “I have the biggest trust issues” I looked at them and each of them was nodding as if they knew already and I think they do. “With what had happened before; grandpa passing away, having to repeat a year in college, and Seungcheol and I breaking up, it was hard going back to the way everything was.” I spoke, everyone was quiet, waiting for me to continue and I did. “You guys had to break my shell for me to return back to the way I was but all of you knew that it will be hard” I tried not to tear up but then I said something that broke every being in me. “I hated my parents for promising me that they will come back for me.” Tears just kept coming and I felt a hand rubbing circles on my back, it was Joshua. He knew what my parents did, that it made me hate them.

“I was left by my parents to my grandfather when I was seven, after we had some problems with money” wiping my tears and staring at the wall in front of me I continued “They promised me that they will come back for me after they have paid every debt we had but” I was getting angry by this time “But they didn’t come back, instead they went to America and started a new family!” I yelled “They left and abandoned me! She got pregnant again and it was like they never had me!” I bawling already, clenching on Jihoon’s hand which I didn’t know when I started holding it. “I had pushed everything in the back of my mind trying to forget what happened! But grandpa! grandpa died and then Seungcheol…he” I bit my lower lip, I couldn’t continue because I was sobbing uncontrollably, I couldn’t see well anymore, all I remembered was Jihoon pulling me close to him and everything went black.

 

^^

I wasn't supposed to update anything by tonight but I was motivated and energized by Jeongcheol's lovey dovey scenes in One Fine Day so I decided to update. Though this chapter is not lovey dovey at all ^^ I hope you enjoy it :D 

Have a good night/good morning <3