The Haunting of the Past

Rain Shower (Calm Storm; Sequel)

 

I looked back at Jeonghan from outside the coffee shop after I went out. He looked really troubled and I regretted yelling at him, but I have my pride so I sighed and went back to our apartment. I fished out my phone out of my pocket upon entering the door, texting Nayoung that tomorrow won’t be a good time to come by the shop. Looking around the apartment, I noticed how lonely it seems without Jeonghan, wondering if he feels lonely whenever I was out and he is left alone here. I sighed for the nth time then thought of taking a shower, to clear my thoughts and get ready for when Jeonghan arrives back.

The hot water travelling my body made me calm; I thought maybe I should prepare something for Jeonghan, a light snack to make it up to him.

After a few minutes, I got dressed up then went to the kitchen and looked for something to cook, pasta and wine had always been Jeonghan’s favorite. It didn’t take a lot of time and everything was ready, all I need to do now is to wait for Jeonghan.

A few minutes passed by and I look at the clock ’11:35’ he should have been here by now. I checked my phone and saw few messages; one of them was Seungkwan.

Boo Seungkwan

   Boss, Jeonghannie will be staying

with us for tonight, if you don’t mind.

Read: 11:39pm

 

We kind of thought we would hang out

 since we haven’t hanged out in a while.

Read: 11:39pm

 

I don’t want to interfere with your relationship

 but it might be best if you clear your mind,

 both of you. We’ll try our best to know what

he’s bothered about.

Read: 11:39pm

 

You can also fire me if you want just because

of this but he is still our dear friend,

 we just want the best for him.

Read: 11:39pm

 

                                                                                                                                Alright, take care of him.

                                                                                                                                Tell me what happens, thanks

                                                                                                                                Read: 11:43pm

Ok, boss!

Read: 11: 46pm

 

After reading the last reply of Seungkwan I tossed my phone on the couch. I guess I’ll sleep alone tonight, I just hope it will only be tonight, but I also hoped that I didn’t have to sleep alone tonight.  

I cleared the table of untouched pasta and wine, I didn’t have the appetite to eat by myself. I laid down on the couch and thought of the things that have happened today. I knew Nayoung would come to the shop today, I called her, yes I was surprised to see her because she didn’t inform me that she’ll be there at that exact time, I wasn’t prepared and I surely didn’t know it will turn into a big mess. I also didn’t know that joking about Jeonghan reading others’ message will make him irritated, I know he got irritated, I just don’t know why.

I should be more careful to what I say, but why can’t he take a joke? What will happen now? I knew calling Nayoung will be uncomfortable but I needed her.

A light vibration got my attention, it came from my phone, I checked it and it was another message from Seungkwan but it was an audio message. It got me curious so I played it and listening to it made my world stop.

“I have the biggest trust issues” I heard a voice say, a sweet voice like that means it was Jeonghan. “With what had happened before; grandpa passing away, having to repeat a year in college, and Seungcheol and I breaking up, it was hard going back to the way everything was.” he continued and it seemed like he was having a hard time talking “You guys had to break my shell for me to return back to the way I was but all of you knew that it will be hard” he’s explaining, I kind of knew he will let it all out to them,he trust them, but why won’t he trust me about those things.

“I hated my parents for promising me that they will come back for me.” I was taken aback because of what I heard, he was left behind? Why didn’t he tell me that before? Why are you hiding so much from me, Hannie?

“I was left by my parents to my grandfather when I was seven, after we had some problems with money” I can hear him sobbing and it broke my heart “They promised me that they will come back for me after they have paid every debt we had but” it got me mad hearing all of this “But they didn’t come back, instead they went to America and started a new family!” he yelled “They left and abandoned me! She got pregnant again and it was like they never had me!” I couldn’t believe everything I am hearing, but I kept wondering why he hadn’t told me anything “I had pushed everything in the back of my mind trying to forget what happened! But grandpa! grandpa died and then Seungcheol…he” I bit my lower lip, but it ended suddenly with a lot of worried voices saying 'Hyung'. I got worried and hoped for the best that Jeonghan was fine. 

I thought of everything I heard and knew I was also at fault. 

I knew I should have apologized, cleared everything to him after we got back together. I was drunk and didn’t know what I was doing, I’m sorry Jeonghannie.

 

^^

another chapter. I hope you like it <3