United Kingdom

Exs and Ohs

 

Can you still call it ‘just having fun’ when  you; have clothes at his apartment, meet each other almost every day, met his parents over dinner, and wear a very noticeable diamond ring. Two months, only two months and he gave me a diamond ring. Every night I go to sleep thinking that all of these are going too fast. I stared at him while he gobbled up what he is eating. Kim Mingyu; handsome, tall, good at everything he does, caring, although a bit messy but his charms will definitely  make you fall for him, and rich. Not that I care if he is rich or not.

“Is there something on my face?” I shook my head and smiled. He returned it and drank his wine, red. “We need to talk, Gyu” I gathered my confidence and told him. I did not want to talk about it here but I thought I needed to let it out, I guess tonight is the right time. “What do you want to talk about?” he said then wiped his mouth, smiled at me with that loving smile that seem too innocent and it’s making me feel guilty. “uhmm…this ring” I said as I slide my hand at the table. I was startled for a second because he took my hand and slid his thumb across the ring still wearing the smile. “It suits you. I chose the right one, didn’t I?” he said and continued “I wanted everything to be perfect for you. Proposing is something special and when I saw this ring I thought it fit perfectly” he turned his head and faced me. “Did you not like it?” I stared at him and he looked like he was waiting for me to say something that would make him jump around because of happiness.

“Isn’t it too fast? We’ve only been seeing each other for two months” I straight out told him, looking at his hand over mine. “Isn’t it okay?” I looked at him as he speaks, trying to understand every word he says. “We are going to end up there anyways” he continued as he was still holding my hands. I did not know what to say. Two months into the relationship and he is talking about marriage. I needed to clear my mind so I told smiled at him and told him if we can leave the restaurant and he agreed with a smile.

 

It has been two weeks since that event and here I am standing near the door of Mingyu’s apartment with him kneeling in front of me. “Don’t leave me, Jeonghan” he said as he was begging. I should have left without a word but he was too innocent. “Gyu, you had been a great guy but…” I started to say as I kneel down toward him. “But everything was too fast? Am I right?” he finishes what I wanted to say and he was right, I nodded as my answer. “I can change Han, we can forget about the wedding, just don’t leave me” he pleaded, tears and all. “You will be willing to give me the moon just to make sure I stay, who wouldn’t want you as their lover. But staying here made me feel like I will never be able to level with you. I’m really sorry.” I stood up after I hugged him and went my way out the door. Doing this was for the best, he is still young, he will be okay. We will be okay.

 

^^

an update. sorry for not updating. I'll do better next time, I guess, if this doesn't suit your taste. I'm sorry. Enjoy reading, I hope <3