California

Exs and Ohs

 

 I opened my eyes and saw a charming face in front of me. Four months ago, we met at a bar where his band was having a gig. Let’s just say a drink or two got us feeling comfortable with each other, we end up, here, in his place.

 

“Hi” he said; eyes closed, lips curved in a smile. I don’t know how he knew I was staring at him but it made me blush. “Hi, to you as well gorgeous” I replied and pecked him on his forehead then got up. “I’ll just wash up and then I’ll make breakfast” I told him, he just hummed and drifted again to sleep. I did what I said and made us breakfast, after setting everything I went to wake him up. “Joshua, wake up. Breakfast is ready” I gently shake him, he opened his eyes and smiled at me and greeted me a good morning.

 

Joshua is the kind of man, who isn’t troublesome; he is like a kid who is easy to deal with. It was the reason why I like him, something refreshing. I started to become more matured and think of my future, I am 22 you know.

“Should we go out today, baby?” I asked him while I was doing the dishes. It has been a while since we went out and today seems to be a good day. I turned to him and he gave me that look that say ‘I’m sorry, I have something important today’ I sighed and went back to what I was doing.

Not again.

I felt him embrace me from the back “I’m sorry, baby” he whispered “That’s okay, I understand” that is what I always say whenever this happens and this always happens.

I finished washing the dishes with him still saying he is sorry and me saying that it was fine, although it wasn’t, what was I supposed to do? Not like if I get angry he will change his mind. Work is really important for him, for me as well, that is how we get by.

 

 He has been busy since day one; someone who is in a rising band should be busy right? I did accept everything when he asked me to be together with him, I knew what I was in for, although, recently he has been busier than ever. The routine was always like this, from home to work to home. Now he only has a day off and he needs it to rest, it was rare for us to even have a date nowadays.

 

“You know that it is a critical month for us, right baby?” he was caressing my hands as if calming me. ‘I am calm’ that is what I thought. “I know Shua, I told you it was alright” I smiled at him for assurance, and he smiled back. “I promise I will make it up to you once I finish this” was his replied, he kissed my forehead and went back to the table. I took a glance at it and I know for sure that it will take a while before he keeps that promise, if he will be able to.

 

^^

A chapter with Joshua <3 I wanted to write something long for this chapter because of JiHan bond but I was so busy. T.T

I hope you all like it and see you next chapter. <3

P.S this story might be longer than intended ^___~