Chapter 9

Our Secret

Music blaring through the speakers and sweat on his forehead, that's how Baek liked his days at the training room. No drama so far, the plan seemed to be working. Just another hour and he would be off on a plane chilling off.

"Ok guys, again from the top" Sehun said looking around, actually not even minding Baekhyun.

In fact, Sehun was more pissed at Yixing because the man kept missing his marks and making mistakes. It seemed as if he wasn't there, his eyes kept darting to the door or to Baekhyun and it was just freaking annoying. Jongin was just as annoyed as he was, since they were on dance practice watch duty, and if the manager thought they didn't do good enough, he would flip.

The track started again and they started dancing. Everything was smooth, going good. Sehun grinned in approval as he was killing it. They were about to enter the chorus when a thud sounded behind them. Sehun looked back and was met by Baekhyun groaning face first on the floor and a glaring Yixing getting up as well.

"What happened?" Jongin asked moving to help the other two get up.

"Baekhyun ed up as usual, he got in the way and made us fall" Yixing huffed annoyed glaring at Baekhyun.

"Me! You're the one who got in the wrong mark! Wake up and do it right!" Baekhyun snapped annoyed, for the first time directing a glare straight at Yixing.

"Shut up faggy boy! If someone is doing everything wrong is you! Start doing things right for once!" Yixing fought back with a glare as well, nearing Baekhyun in a threatening way.

"Come and say that to my face you ing whinny er!" Baekhyun neared Yixing as well with his fist clenched incredibly tight.

"Hey hey! That's it! No fighting guys! We don't need more problems with the press!" Sehun said standing between the two men, using his large frame to stop them.

"Our problems came because of him!" Yixing said, reaching past Sehun and pointing an accusing finger at Baekhyun. Baek scoffed with a glare but decided to listen to Sehun, slapping Lay's hand away and backing up from the scene. Sehun was right, they were already in a difficult enough position with the press, and they didn't need more problems.

"ing homo" Lay muttered, glaring at Baekhyun's back of the head.

"THAT'S ENOUGH! SHUT UP!" Sehun said shoving Yixing back with a glare. Yixing looked at Sehun with wide eyes before fixing his jacket and getting out of the practice room.

"I'm sorry, and thanks for stopping us Sehun" Baekhyun said in an even voice. Sehun just looked at him and nodded.

"Yeah, don't worry, but that doesn't mean anything! I was just being objective! I-I still hate you" Sehun said pointing at Baekhyun. This earned an eye-roll from everyone in the room.

"Yeah, I'm sure you do" Baekhyun said with a chuckle before going to drink some water. Sehun just looked at him and then at the other bandmates before walking out to retrieve Yixing.

Sehun wasn't taking sides, not yet, but he didn't like to be unfair either. Sure his parents didn't approve much about homouality and neither did him, but they also showed him to have his own thoughts, to be less thick in the head and more objective. Well he was being objective, the masses said that homouality wasn't bad and that it was bad, making it a whole confusing chaos. He also had to deal with the managers opinions which wasn't easy, but what he had seen, a lot of the things he was told weren't right. For example, Baekhyun wasn't selfish, not in the least. He was always trying hard to do his best and did what was best for the group. In fact, he was starting to have his doubts about the manager being as good as he thought he was.

As he was reaching the main area of the building his eyes widened. The manager walked in and was talking with Lay. Something inside of him moved him to hide and run around the building, taking the alternative route to the training rooms. After seeing how furious the man had been when Baekhyun sneaked out, he actually feared for the shorter man's safety. For him, no matter what they could say as an excuse to justify that what Baekhyun was doing was wrong, the man didn't deserve to get hurt for it.

"Guys! The manager is here" he panted as he ran into the room, all eyes locking on him.

"What! Why?! How!" Suho asked looking around confused. Everyone shook their heads, looking just as clueless as he himself was.

"We need to do something, fast" Kyungsoo said, Jongin nodding next to him. Chen was about to say something when the door flew open, making everyone fall silent. It was too late.

"Faggy boy!" The manager said in a sickeningly sweet voice as he walked in with his arms open as if he was going to give a hug. They all stood around warily, Baekhyun giving a step back while keeping his eyes glued on the manager. Chanyeol stood close by to Baekhyun's right, Suho nearing them as well by the left.

"I was worried about you last night!" The man stood in front of Baekhyun, grinning before his face contorted in rage and disgust. In a quick move he punched Baekhyun in the face, making his head snap to the side. He gripped the collar of his shirt and pinned him against a wall.

"WHERE WERE YOU LAST NIGHT! ANSWER ME !" The man shouted, slamming Baekhyun against the wall. Baekhyun groaned and shoved the man away, holding his jaw while glaring at him. Chanyeol and Junmyeon both reacted quickly, still they wished they had been quicker. They held the manager back, knowing that they couldn't harm the man in a place like this or they would get into serious trouble. Junmyeon hissed when the man kicked him on the ankle, locking his arms tighter around him so that he wouldn't slip away.

With the commotion, some security guards and staff members walked in. Their eyes widened as they rushed to them, taking a hold on the manager and taking him away from the idols. The man trashed around and screamed profanities, always directing his insults at Baekhyun.

When he was out of view, the group neared Baekhyun, all of the worried for him. Junmyeon limped slightly to Baekhyun, cupping the younger's face carefully to inspect the damage. Chanyeol moved next to their leader, taking a look at Baekhyun as well and helping Suho to support his weight.

"I'm fine guys, you need to sit down Suho" Baekhyun said trying to slip out of the eyes of his friends.

"I'm fine, you need to put some ice on that, come on, you're bleeding" Suho said, taking the cloth that Kyungsoo handed him and started to clean the blood that came from Baekhyun's split lip.

"It's getting swollen" Kai said handing them a frozen bottle of water.

"No Sherlock, he just got punched" Chanyeol said, pressing the cold to Baekhyun's cheek. Baekhyun hissed pulling his face away and taking the bottle from his best friend.

"Guy's, it's just a scratch, no biggy, I'm ok for real, you should use the cold on your ankle Suho" Baekhyun tried again, looking at Suho. Junmyeon shook his head and pushed Baekhyun's hand with the bottle to his cheek. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and pressed the ice against his already swollen face, flinching because of the cold.

"I want to go already" Baekhyun whispered to Chanyeol, the tall man nodding. Baekhyun handed him the phone, Yeol walking to the back of the room to make the call. No one heard him talking, Chanyeol calling Tao and telling him to wait out back, he gave a brief overall and nodded when Tao told him he would be there in less than five minutes. He told the man on the other end of the line to not let anyone see him, the other agreeing before hanging up.

"He's on his way, let's go" Chanyeol said, going to help Baekhyun.

"I can walk guys, I'm not that harmed!" Baekhyun whined, moving to take his suitcase and backpack from behind the couch where they had been hidden, Jongin and Chen taking them before he could take them. He huffed and looked at Suho, who was struggling to walk normally with his slightly swollen ankle. Making his way to the leader, he pushed the older man down on the couch to sit and side smiled at him.

"You stay put ok, you stubborn mom, I'll be fine ok, I'll call you if something happens." Baekhyun ordered pointing a finger at Suho. He was about to argue before the man turned to Sehun.

"Take care of him, I know you'll do so even if you don't agree with me in other things" he said and Sehun nodded, looking at Suho sternly. Suho sighed and slumped back on his sit, Xiumin walking over to the leader and checking him over.

Baekhyun walked with the others out of the room, glaring at Lay when he passed by the still slightly shocked man.

"Thanks a lot snitch" Chanyeol spat, holding the door open for Baekhyun. Jongin, Kyungsoo and Chen gave him judging looks filled with distaste. Baekhyun gave him a look as well, one that screamed 'traitor and backstabber' and made Yixing's chest to contort in regret, and anger.

The group walked down the hallways, the manager's screams heard in an office. A commotion had formed around as well, the staff around the building or other groups looking at them.

Baekhyun didn't stop to register their looks, he just walked outside with his head hung low. All he needed to register was the familiar car that was parked on the back of the building. Quickly they rushed to it, Chanyeol and Jongin putting the luggage on the trunk.

"I'll drive them there, wait for me at the dorm" Kyungsoo told the others, Kai and Chen nodding in agreement. When Chanyeol was done he got on the passenger seat, Tao and Baekhyun already in the back seats. When everyone was buckled up, Kyungsoo drove off to the airport.

"Let me take a better look at it Baekkie" Tao whined slightly, cupping his lover's face with soft hands and checking the bruised area.

"I'm fine, don't start you too" Baekhyun whined, trying to get out of the hold without hurting himself.

"I'm sure you are" Tao said, taking the bottle of water Baekhyun had brought and pressing it lightly against the area. Baekhyun hissed lowly with his eyes closed but didn't move away, the cold actually feeling good against his pained jaw.

"Sorry" Tao muttered, with the cold still pressed to Baekhyun's jaw.

"It's ok, don't worry" Baekhyun reassured with a small smile, his eyes finding Tao's.

"Are you sure dumping the manager to the ocean in a wooden box is not a viable plan?" Tao asked again, Baekhyun rolling his eyes with a chuckle.

"Yes Tao, I am sure that it's not a viable plan" Baekhyun said laughing, flinching and groaning at the pain that doing so caused on his jaw and lip.

That, however, didn't stop Baekhyun from joking and easing up the mood on the way. He kept messing around and making jokes, all along the way until they reached the airport. Even Kyungsoo joined the joking around, laughing every time Baekhyun cracked a lame joke.

"You sure you will all be ok" Kyungsoo asked through the window of the car, looking at the guys as they bid him goodbye. Baekhyun nodded with a smile, Tao's hands resting on Baekhyun's shoulders.

"Everything will be just great" Baekhyun said with a smile. Chanyeol nodded, closing the trunk and walking to them.

"Yeah, don't worry Kyungsoo, I'll go there, make sure they are all ok and bring him back safely" Chanyeol reassured with a grin and a nod.

"Very well, be careful guys, it won’t take long before fans see you so hurry" Kyungsoo said with a smile. The trio nodded and headed off, hiding themselves with caps, face masks or hoodies.

For the time being a feeling of ease took over Baekhyun. Now they only had to take that plane and Baekhyun knew, that he would be ok for the next days.

---

Thanks a lot for the support everyone reading, commenting and subscribing! it means a lot!

I will try to keep the steady pace with the updates (I am juggling my time to the best of my ability)

so thanks to everyone who is giving me a bit of their to read this story :)

until the next update!

peace out<3