Chapter 4

Our Secret

After that night everything was a nightmare, mostly for Baekhyun. The group had the usual concerts and schedules, even some mc and cameos. For Baekhyun was the opposite.

The young vocalist didn't had jobs lately, and when he did, the manager would call him that same morning or maybe even just hours before the job. If it was an interview, he usually was notified two hours before hand, giving him minutes to prepare himself and get to the place. Because of all this, he decided to make his own routine to be ready for anything. He would get up early, bathe and get dressed, and sometimes even called a few of his friends to notify him if he was schedule for something.

Baekhyun's phone buzzed making him jump lightly. At the moment he had just made it to a radio station where he was supposed to have an interview. A smile formed on his face as he saw the message and the ID of the sender.

Woodstock: You're doing awesome, keep up love, I'm taking care of some things here! See you soon!

Baekhyun smiled and sent a reply before getting up and entering the room he was called to.

After hours inside the room and having to deny everything in the picture, claiming that it was someone that looked like him, Baekhyun headed home completely exhausted. On his way home he got both love and hate from his fans. It got worse when he got closer to the dorm.

A few blocks near the dorm, a mob of fans spotted him. He had to do a run for it as they started throwing food and garbage at him. He gulped and speeded up some more, hissing when something hard hit his back and an egg feel square on his head. As he reached the dorm he closed and locked the door, panting heavily. He turned around to be met by a few confused glares and shocked faces.

With his own glare he marched towards the bathroom.

Suho and Kyungsoo exchanged a look before rushing towards the smaller, Chanyeol running after him from his room. Chen bit his bottom lip, bouncing on the same spot before running after them as well. The rest of EXO just stood there, not sure of what to do or if they should do something. That morning the manager looked pissed off with anyone that was sympathetic towards Baekhyun, so they didn't want to get on the range of fire.

When the members that went to help got to the bedroom of the assaulted man, they met up with a glaring Baekhyun that looked through his drawers, taking the first thing he could find. The small man pushed through his concerned friends towards the bathroom, angry tears escaping his eyes.

"What happened out there Baekhyun" Kyungsoo questioned nearing the small man, before he reached the bathroom. Baekhyun stop and turned to face the others with a glare. The four men had to suddenly stop since they didn't expect Baekhyun to stop, them bumping against each other clumsily.

"Doesn't matter what happened out there, it doesn't concern you" Baekhyun answered annoyed, glaring at them.

"Don't be like that Baek, we just want to help" Junmyeon said calmly. Baekhyun only huffed clenching his fists and looking down.

"Yeah buddy, we are here for you" Chanyeol smiled brightly walking closer.

"Yeah... It takes some getting used to, but I'm willing to be here with you as well" Chen said with a side smile.

"I appreciate it guys.... I don't mean to be rude... But it's best if you stay out, I don't want the manager to be pissed off with you" Baekhyun sighed, less on the edge, looking at them through his eyelashes with red puffy eyes.

"I don't care, I'm still helping you" Kyungsoo said pushing through the door and going inside of the bathroom, pulling a wide eyed Baekhyun along.

"Same for me, I'm surprised you still tell me to stay out" Chanyeol said with a grin walking along inside. Suho chuckled and walked inside as well, Chen following them with a faint chuckle.

"Now you pup face, tell us what happened out there, you look horrible" Kyungsoo said, sitting Baekhyun on the toilet and starting to take the egg shells off of his hair.

"And you smell horrible" Junmyeon said turning on the shower and starting to prepare the water for Baekhyun to take a bubble bath.

"Well, he got tossed into a trashcan that's for sure" Chanyeol said scrunching his nose up as he took a banana peel from Baekhyun's shoulder.

"The fans are in a rampage out there, they swarmed the streets looking for their target, sure some showed love, but others were just.... Nuts" Baekhyun said with a shudder.

"No kidding, on our way home a lot of fans walked around with signs and things that didn't look too friendly, they looked like smart zombies looking for a certain person" Chen said looking for the fluffy bathrobe for when Baekhyun was done with his bath, and passing the bubble bath solution to Suho. Baekhyun scoffed a laugh, discarding his jacket to the floor and staying in his navy blue shirt.

"That's a very accurate way of describing it, guys really, I don't want you to get in trouble because of me, I can take care of myself, it's not the first time I go through this" Baekhyun said, pressing his lips into a thin line as he reached inside of his shirt and pulled some tomato parts from his armpit.

"What the hell man?" Chanyeol asked with wide eyes looking at the tomato piece in Baekhyun's hand.

"I don't even know" Baekhyun said with knitted eyebrows before the pair started laughing. The other three men in the room started laughing as well when they looked at them.

"Come on Baek, let's get you cleaned up" Suho said helping the others out as well.

--

"What do you think is going on in there?" Xiumin asked staring at the bathroom door where laughter could be heard.

"Beats me" Jongin said as he continued to play Jenga with Sehun.

"Probably gay stuff?" Yixing said looking at his book but not really reading it. Everyone looked at him but shrugged it off. Lay sighed and rubbed his face, getting up and walking off when he heard his phone ringing.

Xiumin just stared at Yixing with a raised eyebrow. He looked at the other until he was gone and huffed, taking a pillow and burying his face in it.

He couldn't understand anything to be honest. He somehow failed to understand how they could have turned their backs against Baekhyun because of this. He was even angry with himself for doing it. In part, his insecurity was because he didn't know what to do, all he knew was what he learnt from his parents or people he knew. He liked Baekhyun, a lot, he was the best friend you could ask for, always there for you, always so trust worthy. If you needed help Baekhyun was there, and now that he needed help, here they were giving their backs to him.

His parents had always thought him that homouality was bad. They always hated it and were against every aspect of it. They would even call him sometimes to question his actions every time he was told to do something or do fan service. He could clearly remember when Luhan was still in EXO, and they were paired for fan service, they had to do some skin ship on stage. His parents called him and lectured him about why was that wrong for almost three hours, in addition they told him that they would disown him if he ever caused any problem, which in their language was, if he ever came out as gay.

He could tell that some of his bandmates had the same problem as he did, but it didn't sit well with him. He knew it wasn't Baekhyun's fault, none of this was. In his personal opinion, what Baekhyun did wasn't his business.

With a sigh he got up and walked to the kitchen to prepare something nice and warm for his bandmate to eat. After all, his parents didn't have to know.

-

After Baekhyun was done with his bath, he was greeted with Xiumin giving him a bowl of warm ramen. He smiled and told his friend not to worry when he told Baekhyun that he was still processing everything and not to get his hopes up.

In all honesty, Baekhyun didn't expect acceptance from anyone to be honest. He expected for the others to turn against him or something, but he was actually grateful of everything he was getting.

Once he was done eating, he headed for his bedroom. The man yawned sleepily, dragging his feet on the way. Pushing the door of the room, a thought crossed his mind. Right now, in this situation, all he wanted was a tight hug from him. His being craved for love, for cuddles, he wanted to feel reassured.

Baekhyun's phone buzzed on his night table, apparently the person he was thinking of having the same thoughts he was having. As soon as Baekhyun took the phone and opened it, a message made his eyes light up.

Woodstock: hey, I miss you puppy, I want to see you... But, I know you probably won’t be able to :,(

Baekhyun smiled sadly as he slumped back on his bed.

-

Snoopy: I miss you too, who knows, maybe I think of something ;)

The answer came accompanied by the contact picture of Snoopy wearing shades and a leather jacket on the screen of the other phone involved in their conversation. A wide loving smile spread through a man's lips as he read the message and wrote the reply.

Woodstock: guess that means we will see each other soon