Chapter 13

Our Secret

When Kris and Luhan finally got back, it was already noon and they came with two large boxes. One was the microwave, and the other was the source of the light argument they had arrived with.

"Why?! Why do you insist in this?" Kris breathed out tiredly placing the box of the microwave on the counter. He looked at the kitchen with a small sigh, his eyebrows raising when he saw the shelves neatly installed and the kitchen completely clean.

"Wow guys, I'm impressed" Kris said with a nod, looking back at Chanyeol who was leaning back against the floor, and the couple who was cuddling on the couch.

"What did you expect man? You have my awesome skills, plus these two to assist me" Chanyeol said with a wide grin. Baekhyun kicked his friend with a grin, Chanyeol laughing while he rubbed the spot where Baekhyun had kicked him.

"We all helped the same way, plus you didn't know how to start" Baekhyun said laughing.

"Yeah, and you needed a lot of help so Baek is right" Tao said with a smile, chuckling when Baekhyun nodded firmly.

"Wow, they did an awesome job, right Kris?" Luhan said, admiring their work while pushing his own box on the counter.

"Yes! you all did an awesome job" Kris agreed with his housemate, grabbing the new microwave before it ended up crashing to the floor like the previous one, Luhan having pushed the new one with his box by accident.

"Thank you, now, quick question, what's in that box Luhan?" Tao asked curiously, Baekhyun looking just as curious as his boyfriend. Chanyeol looked up as well, looking at them with the same amount of curiosity as the couple.

"Oh, this baby here? Well nothing less than the best rubix cube collection there is!" Luhan said pulling out a neon colored rubix cube from the box filled completely with more cubes of different kinds and colors.

"Are you serious Luhan?" Chanyeol asked raising an eyebrow.

"What did you expect man?" Tao asked the man on the floor with a chuckle, Chanyeol only shrugging.

"Don't be surprised if he has a soccer ball in there" Baekhyun added, picking at his nails.

"How did you know Baekhyun?" Luhan asked with a grin, pulling out a soccer ball and starting to juggle it on his feet.

"Where did he get all this junk from again?" Baekhyun asked looking at Kris. Kris caught the ball midair and stuffed it back in its box before it would break something.

"On our way back there was this garage sell and well... I lost him" Yifan huffed massaging his eyes. Luhan pouted trying to get his things back, Kris handing him the box with a stern look.

"It's not junk and what was I supposed to do? I wouldn't just leave it there" Luhan said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.

"Yes Luhan, that was actually what anyone would have expected” Kris mumbled, opening the box of the microwave and setting it where it belonged. Luhan mocked Kris a little before walking to his bedroom to take his new stuff there.

"Ok now, who knows how to set a home theater system?" Kris asked clapping his hands as he neared the boxes that were in a corner of the living room since they had arrived. Tao raised his hand looking around, lowering it slowly when no one else lifted theirs.

"Really?" Baekhyun asked looking back at Tao with a raised eyebrow. Tao just nodded with a shrug.

"Yeah, it took me nearly a whole week to understand the instructions and a lot of tutorial videos, but I installed my own system back home” Tao said looking at Baekhyun before grinning. Baekhyun nodded and got more comfortable on Tao's side.

"Nice, now I know who will install my future home theater" Baekhyun nodded, earning chuckled from the people around the room.

"I may not know how to install a home theater, but I know my way around electronics, so I can help as well" Chanyeol said getting up and nearing Kris. Tao stood up and walked to the other two as well, helping them with the opening of boxes and taking the instructions manual, starting to read it.

"Well, I can play some pc games and set the hour on my vcr, so I can try to help" Bakehyun shrugged getting up and walking to Tao. At this everyone stopped for a moment, Chanyeol and Kris standing with the tv in their hands, and Tao looking up from the manual.

"You still have a vcr?" Tao asked with a raised eyebrow.

"You know how to time it?" Chanyeol looked in amazement as he made the question to his best friend.

"I would kneel to you, but I could lose my Tv" Kris said, proceeding with Chanyeol to set it on a safe place.

"Yeah sure, best movies are appreciated in one, and it's not that hard to do so" Baek said with another shrug, walking to Tao and taking another box and checking its contents.

After this, the friends started to set up everything. The mounted the tv on the wall and installed the home theater system. Chanyeol brought all his things from another box with a grin, setting his video games and consoles in the racks around and beneath the tv. After that Kris came back with the final touch of the set-up, an acoustic guitar. Baekhyun recognized it as Chanyeol's favorite guitar, which had disappeared mysteriously from the dorm but Yeol never seemed to worry about it.

"There, everything looks as good as before" Kris nodded, crossing his arms with a pleased smile when he placed the guitar on its stand next to the tv. Chanyeol nodded with a wide grin from next to Yifan, wrapping his arms around the Chinese in a bear hug.

Baekhyun smiled at the pair, jumping lightly when arms wrapped around his waist. He looked over his shoulder and grinned when he saw Tao smiling down at him. The short man leaned back against Tao's chest contently, placing his hands over Tao's and caressing them with his thumbs.

"You all look like couples looking at your very first Christmas tree after getting married" Luhan mused with his arms crossed and an amused smile as he looked at them. The four men blushed chuckling sheepishly as Luhan plopped down on the couch comfortably.

"Come on, let's all play something" Chanyeol said with a grin.

"Wii sports!" Luhan shouted excitedly.

"Nope!" Kris denied before walking off. Luhan only pouted and started to sulk on the couch. A little later, Yifan came back from his room with a large bag in hand.

"Hallelujah!! No more boxes" Baekhyun cheered sitting on the couch on Tao's lap when he sat down. Kris chuckled and sat down on the floor next to Chanyeol. He handed the bag to the other man, Chanyeol looking at him confused.

"Happy birthday dork, this is for you" Kris said with a smile. Chanyeol blinked in shock and opened the bag slowly.

"Wow, you didn't have to really, plus my birthday is still in a week" Chanyeol pointed out, his reasoning dying down and letting space for a huge shriek and excitement.

The first thing Yeol pulled out of the box was an htc vive v.r system. Chanyeol looked at it like a kid who had just walked in to a candy store. Excitedly he pulled the next thing inside the bag which was a large dvd collection of the latest season of one piece. An excited silent squeal left Chanyeol as he pulled the last thing in the bag, which was a one piece snapback. Yeol grinned widely and waisted no time in trying the snapback on, jumping on Kris when he did so. Kris laughed loudly, hugging Chanyeol to his chest as the hugged each other there.

After that, they played the rest of the day some video games. Chanyeol tried his new v.r system and played some games Kris got him. He even got scared beyond belief with a zombie shooter game he got. They passed the controller, everyone having a chance to try it and scream the top of his lungs. Everyone except for Luhan, who dropped a can of soda to the carped because of his butter fingers and was banned from any game that involved the possibility of controller flying through the room.

They went out for a while and bought some food and liquor. They even asked Baekhyun to show them if the abs he had were true or just make up.

"Yah! They are a hundred percent real ok! Took me a long time to get them!" Baekhyun defended with a laugh.

"Then prove it" Luhan joked from the armchair, downing his beer with a taunting eye smile. Baekhyun shook his head with a smile as he looked down at his food.

"What do I win in exchange?" Baekhyun asked looking around.

"Um... Getting laid with Tao?" Chanyeol said laughing a little.

"Already have it, what else?" Baekhyun looking at his friends with a chuckle. Luhan purses his lips grinning.

"There's some ice cream in the freezer" Luhan offered with a grin. Baekhyun pursed his lips thinking before nodding with a grin.

"Deal" Baekhyun said with a grin, getting up and lifting his shirt. He revealed a six-pack of well sculpted abs that no one would have imagined he had. A large grin played on his lips as he showed off his abs, Chanyeol turned his short friend around so that he was facing his boyfriend. A very bright shade of red took over Tao's face and the tip of his ears as he admired his lover. Baekhyun chuckled happily and lowered his shirt, Luhan coming from the kitchen and offering the ice cream to Baekhyun.

After that they kept chatting until it was time to turn in for the night. Luhan was the first to crash in since he was the one that drank the most, being the only one who could be considered drunk.

Baekhyun however, had other plans that didn't involve sleeping right away, as his night with Tao took a hot turn. Krisyeol had the same idea in their own room and it had been hilarious to hear Luhan complaining from his own room, shouting at them annoyed. After a long hot session of love making, Baekhyun closed his eyes and pretended to be asleep.

It took a while for Tao to fall asleep, the taller softly caressing Baekhyun's cheek and whispering sweet things to Baekhyun, until he finally drifted to dream land. Baekhyun peeked an eye open and looked at Tao, making sure he was asleep before letting out a long deep sigh. He laid there on his back, staring at the ceiling deep in thought. With another sigh he got up from the bed, careful not to wake Tao.

He slipped into some boxers and walked out of the room, looking around deep in thought. A small chuckle escaped him as he saw Luhan sleeping on the couch with a deep annoyed frown. He walked to the window of the living room and stared out of the window, his mind high-wired with thoughts.

He was in that point where everything and anything he thought or did created doubts in him. He had never been one to feel insecure of anything. He always trusted his decisions and went head first into situations, always trusting his instincts and his minds. Another thing he had never doubted about were his relationships. He never doubted his friends, he never doubted on Tao. But this situation had him doing so for the first time in his life. He wondered if Tao would really be by his side always, if Chanyeol would still be his best friend. His mind was just a big turmoil.

"Never pictured you for the after- secret night thinker" Luhan's groggy voice came up, making Baekhyun jump slightly. Baekhyun looked down and chuckled bitterly.

"It's not exactly thinking if your mind wanders and gets to conclusions on its own" Baekhyun mumbled, leaning against the wall and rubbing his arm. Luhan hummed and after that some rustling could be heard, the older sitting on the couch and running a hand through his hair, ruffling it lightly.

"Well, then you need to turn it into thinking, otherwise it will make the wrong assumptions and get you into troublesome situations." Luhan said, leaning back on the couch and taking his blanket to cover his bare chest. Baekhyun blinked and looked at Luhan before looking back outside, admiring the country his lover had grown up in.

"It's not that easy... You wouldn't kn-" Bakhyun started, Luhan cutting his sentence.

"I wouldn't know... But I do" Luhan smiled sleepily at Baekhyun. Baekhyun blinked at his Hyung and gulped, remembering that three of the men he was currently sharing a house with, filled lawsuits against the company, therefor having been in situations similar to his.

"There isn't a single day when you guys don't cross my mind... It was a huge relief when you didn't lash out on us and instead were happy to see us, or more like shocked because Kris and Chanyeol, but yeah" Luhan said with a chuckle before letting his head rest back on the couch. The baby faced man stared at the ceiling for a moment, a longing look suddenly feeling his eyes. Baekhyun looked curiously at Luhan and at his lips before speaking.

"W-what.... What are you thinking about Lu?" Baekhyun asked turning to face Luhan. Luhan just pursed his lips and smiled faintly.

"What am I not thinking about Baekkie.... But to answer you more concretely.... I'm just thinking of someone, always am, always will be" Luhan said before yawning and looking at Baekhyun with a smile. Baekhyun made an 'oh' and decided to stay quiet, not wanting to pray in too much.

"You have someone you love Baek, and he loves you back with every fiber of his being, never give up on him, never stop fighting for him, never give in to pressure, to hate, to anger ..... Follow your heart and your dreams with a clear head and courage Baek, if you don't follow the real you, what you want.... You'll regret it, you'll never forgive yourself" Luhan said with a bitter smile, his eyes closed already because of his sleepiness.

Baekhyun mulled over what the other told him and pushed his body away from the wall, walking towards Luhan. He softly helped Luhan to lay back down and covered him with his blanket. He made sure that the older was comfortable before getting up and turning to leave. He didn't gave a proper step away when Luhan held his wrist to stop him. He frowned and looked back at his friend, looking at him with questioning eyes.

"Can I ask you something?" Luhan asked in a tired whisper. Baekhyun nodded looking at Luhan's barely opened eyes.

"How's Min? Is he ok? Happy?" Luhan asked looking at Baekhyun, trying his best to stay awake.

"He's good, the same as always" Baekhyun offered the simple answer, looking at Luhan tilting his head to the side.

"That's good.... That he's.... Happy" Luhan mumbled with a smile before drifting off to sleep. Baekhyun stood there trying to comprehend what just happened before walking back to his bedroom. The man thought to himself over and over what reason would Luhan have for asking for Xiumin just like that.

As he walked through the door of the room, his eyes landed on the sleeping figure on the bed. A smile crept up his face as he stared at Tao with loving eyes. Slowly he neared him and got into the bed, snuggling close to Tao.

"Hey, everything ok puppy?" Tao mumbled groggily as he peeked an eye open to look at Baekhyun.

"Yeah, just checking on Luhan, don't worry about it Taozi" Baekhyun said with a smile. Tao hummed and smiled with his eyes closed. He wrapped his arms around Baekhyun and pulled him close, into a warm hug. That was all it took for Baek to finally calm down and fall into a peaceful sleep.