Chapter 12

Our Secret

Baekhyun looked around at the simple room as he dropped his bags on a corner. The walls were painted a light cream color and the carpeted floor tickled the man's feet. The queen bed in the center of the room with black and white bedsheets invited Baekhyun to just jump in it face first. And that's what he did, he ran to the bed, jumped up and landed face first in it with a content sigh. It was so comfortable that he even ignored the slight pain on his jaw when he landed on the bed.

"Comfy?" Tao asked with a chuckle as he arranged their things in a corner where they wouldn't disturb. Baekhyun nodded with a soft hum that the taller found to be just the most adorable thing in the world.

The tall man quietly neared the bed and laid down next to Baekhyun with a smile. He ran a tender finger along Baekhyun's cheek and tugged some rebel strands of hair behind his lover's ear. Baekhyun looked up at his boyfriend with a loving smile, willing his lazy body to move. He got on his side and reached up, taking a hold of Tao's chin and pulling him closer with a smile. Tao smiled back and leaned down, the full intention of a kiss playing the both men's head. When Luhan's voice boomed through the house, interrupting everything.

"OK EVERYONE !! FIFTH WHEEL SPEAKING AGAIN!!" Luhan yelled as he stood between the living room and Taobaek's temporal bedroom.

"More like wailing around" Tao chuckled with a roll of his eyes as he sat up for a moment, looking at Baek who laughed at that resting flat on his back.

"I heard that Tao!" Luhan shouted, Tao and Baekhyun just bursted in laughter, Krisyeol breaking into their own laughter fit in the living room.

"Ja ja very funny, it was a golden joke, now SHUUUUUSH!" Luhan once again wailed, causing everyone to laugh some more.

"I rest my case" Tao chuckled wiping a tear from his eye and laying back down, wrapping his arms around Baekhyun with a grin. Luhan huffed loudly and had to wait for Chanyeol to decide when was a good time to stop laughing, which to no one's surprise, was a long time. When he finally calmed down, Luhan nodded and crossed his arms.

"Ok good, so as you all know, I am the fifth wheel in a house with two couples" Luhan started holding four fingers in one hand and one finger on the other to illustrate the situation.

"No man, tell us something we don't know" Baekhyun said grinning, getting out of the hug and leaning back against Tao's chest.

"Weeeeell you genius" Luhan said placing his hands on his hips.

"Thank you, I know I am" Baekhyun grinned, doing as if he was flipping long hair and snickering when Luhan looked inside the room with squinted eyes and doing the 'I'll be watching you' motion.

"Anyways, Kris being Kris, gave me the room that was right between the other two bedrooms so, as the fifth wheel, I kindly would like to say, NO AT ALL, BAN!!! NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO HAVE !!! IF YOU DO SO!!! YOU SLEEP ON THE COUCH!!" Luhan shouted, pointing at both couples with a near to insane look.

"Oh! The couch! Kinki, we haven't tried that one yet" Chanyeol said looking at Kris with a grin from his place sprawled on the couch.

"AND YOU WON’T! NO SEEEEXXXXXXXX" Luhan said pointing at Chanyeol, suddenly appearing next to him "I'll be watching you too mister" he said slowly disappearing down the side of the couch, repeatedly doing the 'I'll be watching you' as well. Chanyeol looked over the armrest of the couch to where Luhan had been, furrowing his brows in confusion.

"So! Any questions?" Luhan asked from the hallway with a grin, and bouncing on the heel of his feet with his fists on his hips.

"What the-? How do you do that?!" Chanyeol asked pointing at Luhan confused before starting to pat the floor, looking for something like a secret compartment or something of the sort.

"Not important, now, questions?" Luhan asked again with his grin.

"Wait, didn't you soundproof the bedrooms?" Kris asked walking out of the kitchen with a soda in hand.

"Well man, I am sorry to inform you that I at using my hands for crafting or just plainly doing complicated things, for a reason I am a singer and a soccer player, no hands are required, the most you have to do is hold a mic or hold the ball before your foot" Luhan said with a nonchalant shrug crossing his arms.

"So all those times you told me to trust you, that you knew what you were doing, was a lie?" Kris said looking at Luhan in horror.

"Yup, I have zero carpentering skills" Luhan nodded again.

“Dude! You even asked me to buy you the materials and made the whole hallways inhabitable for a month! I had to sleep on the couch!" Kris said pointing at the hallway.

"And I slept on the sleeping-bag, I remember man, no need to describe the whole thing" Luhan said as it was not a big deal.

"I even trusted you and asked you to install the shelves on the kitchen" Kris pointed behind of himself, running a hand through his hair as he shook his head in denial. As if on cue, all the shelves on the kitchen fell to the floor, taking all the cereal boxes and the microwave to the floor. Kris turned around to look at the disaster of his kitchen very slowly, looking in horror at everything.

"I.... That's your own fault for asking me to do that, the stupidest thing you have thought of in your life." Luhan said pointing at the floor with wide eyed. Kris made a bitter laugh before looking at Luhan with a psycho murderer face. Luhan made a small laugh of his own before running for his room and locking himself in.

Kris sighed and massaged his temple and slowly walked to the bedroom of the man and looked at the doorknob. He huffed and moved forward, wrapping his hand around it softly.

"Do you realize.... That you when you were done 'carpentering' and assembled the door back in place..... You placed it backwards.... And it locks.from.the outside" Kris said twisting the doorknob and opening it slowly.

"Please don't kill me bro!" Luhan's panicked shriek was heard. Kris released a tired sigh and shook his head walking to the living room.

"Ok so... Apparently I need a new microwave, and LUHAN IS PAYING FOR IT!" Kris shouted, Luhan whining from his room.

"So, do you guys think you'll be ok on your own for a bit?" Kris asked walking to the kitchen to clean the mess.

"Yes, Kris, we will be fine" Chanyeol said, getting up and heading to the kitchen, picking the microwave from the floor. Baekhyun walked out of the bedroom followed by Tao with a smile. The short man took the broom and started sweeping the mess of cereal with a smile.

"Yeah, plus we have a Tao if we need a fluent mandarin speaker" Baekhyun grinned happily as he cleaned the floor. Tao chuckled and nodded, picking up the shelves that lay on the floor.

"Don't worry about a thing Kris" Tao reassured with a smile as he helped Baekhyun and Chanyeol pick up the mess. Kris nodded and pointed to the front door when Luhan came from the room. Luhan pouted and dragged his feet out the door, Kris huffing and following the older.

"Be careful ok" Chanyeol said, handing the jacket to Kris after he placed the microwave down for a moment.

"Don't worry, I will, and I'll take care of this" Kris said with a smile, taking the microwave from where Chanyeol had left it. Chanyeol smiled and pecked Kris's lips, Kris pecking back with a smile before walking out the door.

After a large amount of time, the trio managed to fix Kris's kitchen. They even managed to assemble the shelves of the kitchen with some team work, this time guaranteeing they wouldn't fall.

It had taken a lot of effort, but they did it and now were off to some chill time. Tao excused himself and went to take a shower, leaving Chanyeol and Baekhyun on the living room. Baekhyun was currently sprawled on the couch, staring at the ceiling, similar to how Chanyeol had been before.

"Man this is comfy" Baekhyun muttered comfortably, a content sigh leaving his lips.

"I know right? Kris has the most comfortable couch of the whole world" Chanyeol said from the floor with a grin. The friends fell into a comfortable silence that made Baekhyun fall into a trance of thoughts.

He wondered if it was true that so many fans existed. Like he knew they had fans across the world, and a lot of others in Korea, hundreds maybe thousands. Still in his mind he just couldn't picture an amount of fans that would outnumber the amount of fans in Korea, let alone outnumber the hate. He was afraid to be hated by the whole world and his friends to be honest. At first when Kris, Luhan and Tao left, it was obvious some of the guys had grown a grudge against them for leaving. With time that grudge turned into understanding or questions, but it still started as a grudge, it still hurt the others when they thought about it, you could see it in their eyes.

"Hey Yeol... Do you really think I should fill the lawsuit?" Baek broke the silence, looking at his friend who was currently playing with a Chinese finger trap he had found on the floor. Chanyeol looked back at Baek before turning to face the other.

"Well, I really think you should consider your safety Baek" Chanyeol said looking at Baek while blindly tugging at the trap trying to release his fingers.

"I know but... I mean like, is it worth it? Am I really in enough danger to fill a lawsuit and cause all that trouble" Baekhyun questioned, directing his gaze at the ceiling.

"Baek, again, this is your decision to make, this is you plan, your choice" Chanyeol told the slightly older man, sticking his tongue out while trying to free himself from probably his worst curiosity mistake so far.

"But what if I make the wrong choice?" Baekhyun questioned starting to munch on his nail.

"Baek, you need to trust on yourself" Chanyeol reassured with a nod. Baekhyun pouted looking at the ceiling as he pondered what the other said.

"And what is Tao's take on all this?" Chanyeol asked, giving a strong pull to his hands, only to fail miserably.

"What? What about him?" Baekhyun asked looking at Chanyeol confused.

"You know, his opinion when you told him you were thinking of filling a lawsuit" Chanyeol said, looking at the finger trap closely to try and figure out the trick.

"I-I.... I don't know... I just told him and he sort of just asked me what I thought about it and reassured me" Baekhyun shrugged hugging a pillow.

"Well, I guess he feels weird giving opinion about that when he himself took off because of how they treated him, think about it, he probably doesn't want to tell you to do it or not since when he left, all he said before caused controversy, maybe he doesn't want to trouble you, and he settled for letting you take your own choice, at least he supports you no matter what you do and that's what matters" Chanyeol said grunting and laying on the floor in surrender, giving up on acquiring the freedom of his hands.

"Actually.... I convinced him to leave, he didn't want to do it a first, but in the end he made up his mind." Baekhyun said in a low voice, not wanting the man that was in the bathroom to hear that he was telling the true story to someone.

"What do you mean?" Chanyeol questioned directing a frown at Baek. Baekhyun sighed, sitting up on the couch while playing with his thumbs.

"I-I... Tao was suffering too much, he was just at the brink of it, I remember how much it hurt to see him, every night, drag himself to bed, every time with a new limp from an injury or the exhaustion he got on rehearsal or during concert. He would just grin it off in front of everyone, take pictures, promise he would get better and take care of himself. Not even a week later he would already be dancing and jumping around on stage, doing his best to impress everyone." Baekhyun said, taking a deep breath before continuing.

"Those times they stayed at Korea, I would wake up some times, in the middle of the night, and find him laying there next to me, eyes either wide open or pinched closed and tears pouring from them silently. He wouldn't make a sound to not wake me or anyone up. He would just lay there, at first he would say it was nothing, or that he was just feeling a little homesick, but then he told me it was because of the pain, he never got to properly heal the injuries he got from falls and all that, so they would just constantly hurt, and it hurt me to see him in so much pain. Between that and the tight schedules, Tao didn't have a life, so one day when he came to me, desperate, not knowing what to do, already too tired of anything SM had to offer, we talked.... And then came the lawsuit" Baekhyun told his best friend, looking at him in the eye as Chanyeol looked at him in shock.

"Baek I-I... I never knew, I mean I did figured something like that or thought that it was maybe because of the pay, but, not to this extent" Chanyeol said looking at his friend in shock.

"I would totally hug you, but my hands are trapped" Chanyeol said, showing his hands to Baekhyun with a chuckle. Baekhyun chuckled and shook his head at his friend's antiques.

"I can help you, just a moment, TAAAAOOOO!!" Baekhyun called over, only seconds later the bathroom opening and a half dressed Tao running out.

"What?! What is it? Where's the danger?" Tao asked looking around in a frenzy. Baekhyun grinned innocently at Tao before pointing at Chanyeol.

"Baby~ Yeol is stuck in a finger trap and we figured that since you're Chinese and it’s a Chinese finger trap, you could help him" Baekhyun said cutely, batting his eyelashes for an extra effect on requesting for help. Tao blinked a few times before looking at Chanyeol, unable to believe he had been called for that. He chuckled and kneeled next to Chanyeol, helping the man on freeing himself from the trap.

"I can't believe you two actually call me for this" Tao chuckled, getting up with the trap in hand when he was done and putting it on the coffee table.

"I'm freeeeee!!!!" Chanyeol cheered with a grin, waving his hands around in celebration.

"Now, I'll go get dressed, be right back" Tao said with a chuckle, turning around to leave the room.

"Wait! Come heeere~" Baekhyun said, outstretching his arms and doing grabby motions. Tao chuckled and walked to his lover, standing next to him.

"What is it puppy?" Tao asked looking down at Baek with a smile. Baekhyun grinned and got up, pecking Tao's lips and hugging him tightly.

"Thank you for saving Yeol" Baekhyun said with a smile, earning a laugh from Tao. Tao grinned and hugged Baekhyun back, nuzzling his face on the older's neck.

Baekhyun always felt safe in Tao's hugs. When the other wrapped his arms around his body and pressed him against that large body, he felt like nothing would go wrong. It felt as if the world could collapse and he would be just fine. He no longer could imagine a world where Tao wasn't by his side, and he liked it.

 

---

So here is another update, hope you guys like this so far.

Bit of a fun fact about Luhan’s character, I personally relate to this version of Luhan I made here (I have caught myself doing some of thethings he does XD) Above that he is just my personal favorite here, and I am making a non-biased call here since my bae from EXO is Baekhyun. I love Baekhyun, but Luhan somehow managed to get that number one spot on my “favorite characters in this fic” list.

 

Please leave a comment on who is your favorite character so far, I am curious to know what you think my lovely readers!

Until the next update! PEACE OUT! <3